Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

UK Bully Breed Ban

Man, this is such BS overreach. 

Wonder how many good doggos died unnecessarily. 

---------

As of 1 February 2024, it is illegal to own an XL Bully unless the dog is exempted. The deadline for exempting XL Bullies has now passed. We understand how upsetting this is for owners. The law also means that it is illegal for animal charities to rehome an XL Bully.

https://www.rspca.org.uk › bsl › xlb...

American 

If the XL Bully is the Brit name for Pit Bull, then I agree with this ban as the right move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

If the XL Bully is the Brit name for Pit Bull, then I agree with this ban as the right move.

I do to.  No reason pit bull's should even be a thing, much less allowed anywhere in anyone's homes. The fact that we allow pit bulls, Cane Corso's and other vicious dogs here in America is beyond absurd.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Agreed x infinity. 

Now we need to implement here, as well - i'd say the average IQ of USA "Pibble" owners barely cracks 60. 

Fickin' morons. 

• Thanks 1

Pleasantly surprised by the responses to this point.

Someone once said that having a pitbull in the home (especially one with young children or vulnerable adults) is the equivalent of having a gumball machine that holds 1000 gumballs, but 2 of them are laced with cyanide. 

Jacqueline Durand before, & 7 weeks after a pitfall attack. 

https://www.imagebam.com/view/MESGH2Q

It's not the dog, it's the owner. There are plenty of docile pits in the world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I have never had a negative experience with a bully breed type of dog. It really is about the owner. I find them to be loving, approachable almost to a fault, goofy and docile. 

Honestly, I'll guarantee you Immigrants to England have caused more death & tragedy.

Ban them. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

So Pits are the only ones with bad owners? I think black labs and golden retrievers have had some bad owners too. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I have never had a negative experience with a bully breed type of dog. It really is about the owner. I find them to be loving, approachable almost to a fault, goofy and docile. 

Honestly, I'll guarantee you Immigrants to England have caused more death & tragedy.

Ban them. 

:pointstosky:

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So Pits are the only ones with bad owners? I think black labs and golden retrievers have had some bad owners too. 

No. Plenty of bad dog owners and bad kid owners in this world. All of them should be punished.

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

No. Plenty of bad dog owners and bad kid owners. 

Ok but Labs and Retrievers aren’t killing people. Maybe biting, but not killing. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok but Labs and Retrievers aren’t killing people. Maybe biting, but not killing. 

To me, blaming a dog for attacking somebody is sort of like blaming a gun for shooting somebody. 

The gun, if left alone, wouldn't shoot anybody. 

The dog, if raised properly, wouldn't attack anybody. 

I understand that guns and dogs are different. One is inanimate and the other isn't. But both the gun and the dog need outside influence to be dangerous. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just like Bidens pos Sheppard.  I wonder if he handles the dog like he does young girls and that is why the dog is so angry.  

7 hours ago, 5-Points said:

There are plenty of docile pits in the world

That may be true, but the problem begins when one of them goes bad. Whether you choose to blame it on a bad owner, or the breeds DNA, when one of them goes wrong, they don't quit until whatever they're biting/ripping apart stops moving. 

On 3/10/2024 at 5:13 PM, 5-Points said:

The dog is a living breathing animal. So yes it can be the dog sometimes

23 hours ago, 5-Points said:

To me, blaming a dog for attacking somebody is sort of like blaming a gun for shooting somebody. 

The gun, if left alone, wouldn't shoot anybody. 

The dog, if raised properly, wouldn't attack anybody. 

I understand that guns and dogs are different. One is inanimate and the other isn't. But both the gun and the dog need outside influence to be dangerous. 

You people are such a dumb breed.

Like dogs are completely infallible. They are incapable of ever doing anything wrong. No mischief. No confusion. No scared reactions. They have always been exposed to every stimuli and will always react predictably. That they are fully controllable as long as they have been trained right. 

My favorite part of the whole "its the owner" crew is they apparently forget that adopted dogs have a prior owner and they have no idea how that owner raised the dog. They also forget that even dogs purchased from a breeder werent theirs for 8 weeks. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2024 at 2:13 PM, 5-Points said:

Troof.  Most of these mooks know nothing about Pitbulls.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Baby killed, parents attacked in Woodbridge Township New Jersey yesterday. No breed given. Any guesses? 

4 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Pit Bull That Killed Woodbridge Infant Put Down, Prosecutor Says.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/woodbridge/dog-killed-woodbridge-infant-put-down-prosecutor-says

Sounds like he had good owners. 

13 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

The dog is a living breathing animal. So yes it can be the dog sometimes

Sure. There are outliers, of course, but for the most part, a pitbull raised in the right environment will grow up to become no more aggressive or ill tempered than a Labrador raised in the same environment. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Sure. There are outliers, of course, but for the most part, a pitbull raised in the right environment will grow up to become no more aggressive or ill tempered than a Labrador raised in the same environment. 

Maybe, the problem is those outliers when they do snap cause catastrophic damage. I'm okay with the ban.

On 3/10/2024 at 4:13 PM, 5-Points said:

That explains the problems with Biden’s dog. Biden is a pos! Correct?

7 hours ago, Bert said:

That explains the problems with Biden’s dog. Biden is a pos! Correct?

Exactly. Some people shouldn't have dogs. He's a perfect example. Two different dogs with the same issues because the owner is an idiot who shouldn't have dogs. 

Those same two dogs, with different owners, prolly never bite anybody.