Sign in to follow this  
Patented Phil

ESPN’s Latest Trick to Shove The Women’s Game Down Our Throats

So I recorded ESPN's 2-hour "Bracketology" show last night.  Instead of 2 separate shows for the men and the women, they interspersed both into one show.  Not only that, they interspersed the men and women into each discussion / segment. Example - "which double digit seed can make a deep run?" the discussion goes back and forth between the men and the women, as if they're playing in the same tournament.  😆

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

F@ck ESPN.  Who still watches those DEI morons?

Not me anymore.  I’m cutting the chord.

They put a women’s version of bracketolgy on ESPN 2 and that’s a problem?

I don’t get this.

6 hours ago, thegeneral said:

They put a women’s version of bracketolgy on ESPN 2 and that’s a problem?

I don’t get this.

Other than the fact that nobody gives a shizz it's totally fine. 

They are definitely shoving it down our throats though. Seriously, how many people really give a F about the Women's bracket? 

They should put the Women's Bracket on The Hallmark Channel or Cooking Channel. 😊

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Other than the fact that nobody gives a shizz it's totally fine. 

They are definitely shoving it down our throats though. Seriously, how many people really give a F about the Women's bracket? 

They should put the Women's Bracket on The Hallmark Channel or Cooking Channel. 😊

They are only shoving it down your throat if you are opening wide.

Who even watches ESPN anymore?

3 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Cultist cry more than women.

Don't watch if you don't want to you little girls.

This old lady watches it seems. ⬆️

Open wide beachghay.

In recent years, ESPN and much of corporate sports media has made a conscious decision to conflate the two. Change channels to an outlet that doesn't.

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Cultist cry more than women.

Don't watch if you don't want to you little girls.

I respect Women's sports but Women's basketball is unwatchable IMO. I've been watching the NBA my whole life. Women's basketball is very awkward to watch, it's not even close to men's junior college basketball. That's not a knock on the Women, the game as a whole is terrible compared to what I'm used to from Men's basketball. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I respect Women's sports but Women's basketball is unwatchable IMO. I've been watching the NBA my whole life. Women's basketball is very awkward to watch, it's not even close to men's junior college basketball. That's not a knock on the Women, the game as a whole is terrible compared to what I'm used to from Men's basketball. 

I don't disagree.  But you're not crying like a little girl that it's on some channel like the feminine OP is.

And there must be some folks who want to watch or it wouldn't be on.  Regardless of what your kind thinks, networks don't show sports or shows if there's no audience.  I know that goes against your stupid "woke" outrage but it's the truth boyo.

Just now, BeachGuy23 said:

I know that goes against your stupid "woke" outrage but it's the truth boyo.

The sport isn't woke, the Liberal media promoting it is Woke. The only way to get ratings is to combine it with the Men's Bracket Show. That's truth, I have no dog in that fight. 

That's pathetic. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

The sport isn't woke, the Liberal media promoting it is Woke. The only way to get ratings is to combine it with the Men's Bracket Show. That's truth, I have no dog in that fight. 

That's pathetic. 

You sure it's not related to the attention that Kaitlin gal brought to women's hoops lately?

The tickets for her record breaking game were being scalped for hundreds of dollars.  Was that all due to being woke?

Nope.  The sport is just in the forefront a bit now so ESPN is trying to capitalize on that.

Let Uncle Beach aware you boyos before you draw an opinion next time so you're not constantly wrong.

:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

You sure it's not related to the attention that Kaitlin gal brought to women's hoops lately?

That's all media hype. What straight male really gives a crap? 

14 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

lol

You guys are funny.

What is sad is some random guy can start a YouTube channel and provide better content than what ESPN provides.  The leftist bastard own the major networks, own Google/YouTube and they are still failing.  Oh sure there are 30-40 percent of dumfuks who are brainwashed by their crap, but they are starting to lose their grip despite their huge advantage.  Google/YouTube can hide stuff in searches, they can shawdow ban content, they can de-monitize non-establishment approved material...but they are still losing despite their virtual monopoly on brainwashing the population.  It is easy to say well don't watch it, but when the hand of government and corporate monopolies are pushing the scales to influence Democracy it is wrong.  But the bootlickers will bootlick.

I don't get ESPN so haven't noticed, but meh... let the lady's have a little spot-light. It's technically sports so it doesn't bother me when it's mentioned in sports reporting.

What I have noticed is all the women sports-casters calling basketball/football games.... ugh. The networks have to know they sound awful, but do it anyway. I guess they're hoping it'll someday sound normal and maybe it will, but for now it sucks.

They are putting this on one of their like 5 channels. It’s almost as if they are trying to reach an audience to sell ads in a very crowded space.

You all sound like old dudes yelling at clouds 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

The tickets for her record breaking game were being scalped for hundreds of dollars.  Was that all due to being woke?

Nope.  The sport is just in the forefront a bit now so ESPN is trying to capitalize on that.

Let Uncle Beach aware you boyos before you draw an opinion next time so you're not constantly wrong.

:thumbsup:

Kinda agree with this.  There are some fans out there who do enjoy womens BB.  And why shoudn't ESPN try to capture some?  It's in their best interests to generate viewers for the product.  No reason to get huffy about it.   I honestly don't see it as woke.

Showing a Digornos pizza commercial with a woman coach, and a locker room of players, both men and women..and making sure EVERYONE sees the woman player in the locker room with the men, now that's woke.

2 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

lol

You guys are funny.

Seriously, do you know anyone who really gives a crap about Woman's basketball? Do you? 

I love it that ESPN pushes women's sports. Be rid of that woke company all the sooner. 

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

I love it that ESPN pushes women's sports. Be rid of that woke company all the sooner. 

How about pushing more Women's Beach Volleyball our way?? 

Just now, Maximum Overkill said:

How about pushing more Women's Beach Volleyball our way?? 

I have no problem if they need to tape their boobs down from the massive banging around, but they definitely don't need to wear the bottoms. 

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I have no problem if they need to tape their boobs down from the massive banging around, but they definitely don't need to wear the bottoms. 

Call me when Brazil & Sweden play 😊

9 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I know you know that straight men aren't the only people that watch sports, but I think ESPN may be interested in targeting demographics other than them.

PS, you just lofted a softball right over the plate to get hammered on being a total misogynist. I'll leave it alone tho, just cuz I like when you post things other than stupid Twitter memes.

6 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I know you know that straight men aren't the only people that watch sports, but I think ESPN may be interested in targeting demographics other than them.

PS, you just lofted a softball right over the plate to get hammered on being a total misogynist. I'll leave it alone tho, just cuz I like when you post things other than stupid Twitter memes.

You can target a different demographic without alienating the demographic that got you where you are now.  That's what they don't understand.  That's what ALL of these companies don't understand.

They're targeting a group of people who don't really watch them to begin with.  It's like the WNBA - women complain about the supposed "inequality" but it's WOMEN who don't go to the damn games despite being handed a league for 30 years.  IT loses money EVERY year.

19 minutes ago, Fnord said:

This is an indicator that a ghay wrote this. 

26 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You can target a different demographic without alienating the demographic that got you where you are now.  That's what they don't understand.  That's what ALL of these companies don't understand.

They're targeting a group of people who don't really watch them to begin with.  It's like the WNBA - women complain about the supposed "inequality" but it's WOMEN who don't go to the damn games despite being handed a league for 30 years.  IT loses money EVERY year.

ESPN has a product to sell. They're doing it in a way they've deemed appropriate. No one is forcing anyone to watch. If ESPN has made a bad choice, their revenue will decrease. Seems like you guys just needed something new to complain about, and this came up.

Just now, Fnord said:

ESPN has a product to sell. They're doing it in a way they've deemed appropriate. No one is forcing anyone to watch. If ESPN has made a bad choice, their revenue will decrease. Seems like you guys just needed something new to complain about, and this came up.

Sure, THAT'S what it is.  :doh:

8 minutes ago, Fnord said:

ESPN has a product to sell

Bowling and Curling get better ratings than Women's college basketball. Spare me the Wokeness 🌈

7 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Sure, THAT'S what it is.  :doh:

He likes watching women's basketball. He's offended. 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Bowling and Curling get better ratings than Women's college basketball. Spare me the Wokeness 🌈

Got a link to support this claim, rainbow boy?

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Even women aren't watching women's basketball.

He's not a man or a woman. He's one of those weird alphabet sexes. 

5 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Got a link to support this claim, rainbow boy?

Unless it's that pale little white girl playing who's really watching Women's College Basketball? Pedocrat Boy 🌈

5 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Even women aren't watching women's basketball.

Yeah, women don't give a shlt about women's college basketball.

Easy fix though, don't watch ESPN.

Meh. Before there was Kaitlin there was the UConn women’s team and their dynasty with undefeated seasons and records. 
They should definitely have 2 different shows for 2 different tournaments that the OP initiated this post about.