Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

The Kansas City Chiefs O-Line Hasn’t had a Single Holding Penalty in 3 Super Bowls

KC sucks. Just watch the video.

https://gridironheroics.com/kansas-city-chiefs-o-line-holding/

The Kansas City Chiefs beat the San Francisco 49ers in a thrilling 25-22 overtime victory, and it marked the third consecutive Super Bowl in which the Kansas City Chiefs offensive line was not called for a single holding penalty.

The offense was called for a holding penalty just once in the three Super Bowls. Former Kansas City Chiefs Wide receiver Byron Pringle was called for a holding penalty when the Chiefs beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl for the first time in 2019. There were over nine minutes left in the third quarter when the penalty was called on Pringle

Although some argue that they would prefer for the refs to keep their flags on their person in big games like the Super Bowl, there were a few scenarios in which the Kansas City Chiefs should have been called for holding, yet they were not.

San Francisco 49ers edge rusher Nick Bosa even said before the game that the Kansas City Chiefs offensive line holds a lot. When asked about Chiefs tackles Jawaan Taylor and Donovan Smith by The Athletic’s David Lombardi, Bosa said “They hold a lot.”

You've chosen to ignore content by seafoam1. Options 

:dunno:

8 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

The Kansas City Chiefs beat the San Francisco 49ers in a thrilling 25-22 overtime victory, and it marked the third consecutive Super Bowl in which the Kansas City Chiefs offensive line was not called for a single holding penalty.

The offense was called for a holding penalty just once in the three Super Bowls. Former Kansas City Chiefs Wide receiver Byron Pringle was called for a holding penalty when the Chiefs beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl for the first time in 2019. There were over nine minutes left in the third quarter when the penalty was called on Pringle

Although some argue that they would prefer for the refs to keep their flags on their person in big games like the Super Bowl, there were a few scenarios in which the Kansas City Chiefs should have been called for holding, yet they were not.

San Francisco 49ers edge rusher Nick Bosa even said before the game that the Kansas City Chiefs offensive line holds a lot. When asked about Chiefs tackles Jawaan Taylor and Donovan Smith by The Athletic’s David Lombardi, Bosa said “They hold a lot.”

I legit think that was a good no call. You’re allowed to grip the jersey/pads as long as you maintain positioning on the defender and aren’t using the hood to turn the player.

Whiner fans will each it up though. They always have an excuse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

I legit think that was a good no call. You’re allowed to grip the jersey/pads as long as you maintain positioning on the defender and aren’t using the hood to turn the player.

Yeah, they'll "each it up". 

He tackled the dude. You have zero football IQ. Stick to your philthy rage. 

24 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Oh my. That can’t be explained away as missing it when it’s right in front of the QB 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh my. That can’t be explained away as missing it when it’s right in front of the QB 

And it was directly to the side mahomes was going. He bear hugged him and tackled him. 

NFL picks it's teams it wants and while the Pats was their team they was grooming the Chiefs. That said the teams they pick are talented and even the NFL can't polish a turd like Cleveland.

44 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Yeah, they'll "each it up". 

He tackled the dude. You have zero football IQ. Stick to your philthy rage. 

No, he didn’t. Good no call.

45 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

they was grooming the Chiefs.

Oh was they, was they?

2 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

NFL picks it's teams it wants and while the Pats was their team they was grooming the Chiefs. That said the teams they pick are talented and even the NFL can't polish a turd like Cleveland.

Lack of calls like this sure makes that seem so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

No, he didn’t. Good no call.

You can argue the tackle but not the bear hug and impeding progress with it.

That being said, a single missed call isn't really a pattern.

No holding in three games... that's starting to look like a pattern.  

Anyone know how often they were called during the season?  If they were considered a good line that didn't hold much, I could see officials swallowing their whistles more in the SB.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Anyone know how often they were called during the season?  If they were considered a good line that didn't hold much, I could see officials swallowing their whistles more in the SB.

I remember that Patriots going almost a whole season or playoffs with no holding calls. That is how the NFL favs who they want to win.

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I didn’t see a bear hug or impeding progress. The OL grabbed the jersey/pads which is legal and kept his body in front of the defender the whole time. He didn’t use his grip to turn or torque the defender.

Maybe it is a pattern dunno. I’d just expect a better example of holding if the Chiefs are doing it game after game. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

:mad:

:nono:

😛

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MDC said:

I didn’t see a bear hug or impeding progress. The OL grabbed the jersey/pads which is legal and kept his body in front of the defender the whole time. He didn’t use his grip to turn or torque the defender.

Maybe it is a pattern dunno. I’d just expect a better example of holding if the Chiefs are doing it game after game. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Grabbing the jersey is legal? How about you Stfu now. Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RECENT PROFILE VISITORS

5,560 profile views
  • seafoam1

seafoam1

8 hours ago

RENT FREE!

🤣

Yes, offensive lineman can grab the jersey/pads inside the shoulders as long as they don’t “materially restrict” the defender. If I stand a DL up with my body positioned in front of me, it isn’t holding if I’m gripping the jersey or pads. This happens on every play. It becomes holding if I’m using that grip to hook, twist or turn the defender.

I’d expect a varsity tackle to know this. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MDC said:

God you’re dumb

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

God you’re dumb

There is no doubt. 

You can't defend against Bosa without holding him. It happened all year and I wasn't surprised to see it happen multiple times in the SB. 

It was blatant, everybody could see it. They refuse to call it, what can you do? :dunno:

That's the same POS Chiefs OT that owed Aiden Hutchison about a half mile of holding penalties in the season opener.

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

That's the same POS Chiefs OT that owed Aiden Hutchison about a half mile of holding penalties in the season opener.

They were calling a lot of penalties on him early in the season.   What's I've heard is how his play improved during the postseason, but one clip from Twitter here is going to make that argument disputable. 

#canttakeitback