Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Trade: Bills moving WR Stefon Diggs to Texans

That seems really light

Houston going all in for the next 3/4 years.

not a huge surprise. 

Diggs was a bit of a malcontent.   better to move that guy out while he has value.

Bills will trade for someone or sign/draft someone.

• Like 1

So what does this say for strouds value? I was deciding on keeping him, hurts, or Pacheco in a keep 4 standard league. I already have  CeeDee, McCaffrey, and puka as my projected top 3 keepers

16 minutes ago, gopanthers! said:

So what does this say for strouds value? I was deciding on keeping him, hurts, or Pacheco in a keep 4 standard league. I already have  CeeDee, McCaffrey, and puka as my projected top 3 keepers

With 3 other such strong keepers, I’d go with Stroud.  That offense is stacked with weapons now.

• Like 1

CJ Stroud is on my dynasty team, so this is great news!

They're gonna be loaded at WR

7 minutes ago, polecatt said:

CJ Stroud is on my dynasty team, so this is great news!

They're gonna be loaded at WR

And don’t forget they added Mixon, so defenses can’t just focus on Stroud.

4 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

And don’t forget they added Mixon, so defenses can’t just focus on Stroud.

Yup, they should have one of the best offenses in the NFL

Wonder who’s going to be their slot Wr.  

3 hours ago, Kopy said:

Houston going all in for the next 3/4 years.

If you're gonna push the chips in, year 2 or 3 of a rookie QB contract is the time...

On 3/17/2024 at 8:39 PM, Super Cubs said:

I think the Texans are in on the financial side and that there is a bigger move on the way.  They have been freeing up cap space.  They feel the cap hit on a 1st round pick vs a 2nd is enough of a savings to make a difference in a bigger move.  I've been seeing rumors of a Texans Bills trade for Diggs .  And that maybe this a deep enough draft that the move does not really make that big of a difference to their draft plans.

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

Wonder who’s going to be their slot Wr.  

if its not Diggs, hes gonna quickly be asking for another trade haha

27 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

if its not Diggs, hes gonna quickly be asking for another trade haha

Dell, and Collins seem set on the outside, so it’s Diggs I’m sure. 

Hurts Dell, and Collins  rankings 

Yes it definitely takes away some targets but I don't think it hurts Nico all that much if any. In fact it may free him up for the meaningful targets. Stroud will still be looking for the big guy inside the 20/red zone. That won't change. He's a mismatch nightmare, an alpha. Diggs is not what he once was. 

I think Dell is the odd man out. Not that he won't be involved but he and Diggs are fairly similar in terms of their style and route running capabilities. 

3 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Yes it definitely takes away some targets but I don't think it hurts Nico all that much if any. In fact it may free him up for the meaningful targets. Stroud will still be looking for the big guy inside the 20/red zone. That won't change. He's a mismatch nightmare, an alpha. Diggs is not what he once was. 

I think Dell is the odd man out. Not that he won't be involved but he and Diggs are fairly similar in terms of their style and route running capabilities. 

if Dell plays out of the slot, then Nico and diggs are playing wide.

might work well.   but I still see Diggs getting less targets than he thinks he deserves and having a hissy fit over it at some point.

I would agree about Diggs, he’s on the decline. 

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

but I still see Diggs getting less targets than he thinks he deserves and having a hissy fit over it at some point.

Me too! If he was upset about the lack of targets in Buffalo then he's in for a big disappointment. 

I get the signing but I don't. Diggs is a cancer who can blow up that locker room at anytime. They didn't need that, they were fine. I think people are going way overboard on this signing.

Higgins, Devante Adam, Aiyuk?? All may be available via trade and better options. 

So, basically Diggs is going to be in Houston for one season, the have the ability to land another deal in free agency after 2024.

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

Dell, and Collins seem set on the outside, so it’s Diggs I’m sure. 

Hurts Dell, and Collins  rankings 

Noah Brown will certainly get some time in the slot too

4 hours ago, polecatt said:

Noah Brown will certainly get some time in the slot too

Thanks, almost forgot about Mr Brown, mmm makes it very messy. 

5 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

So, basically Diggs is going to be in Houston for one season, the have the ability to land another deal in free agency after 2024.

obviously he thinks hes gonna do better in free agency.   its clear now he only cares about the money.

This is why he was a malcontent.  he saw what people have been signing for the last couple of years and hes stuck in the 20M range.  he thinks hes gonna get 30+ in free agency.

he is on the wrong side of 30 and is giving up some decent coin to become a free agent at the age 31.   its a big gamble.   Personally I wouldnt throw out that kind of cash to a guy who seems to be in decline and is on the wrong side of 30.   This could very easily blow up in his face.

part of me hopes it does haha

This trade was mostly the decision of the Buffalo Bills, not the Texans, not Diggs. The Bills wanted Diggs' salary off their books and cap.

Buffalo just might regret that move to the Texans, with their soon to be sophomore Qb, and those wr and the addition of Mixon, they could challenge for the # ranking in the afc.  

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

Buffalo just might regret that move to the Texans, with their soon to be sophomore Qb, and those wr and the addition of Mixon, they could challenge for the # ranking in the afc.  

something tells me the Bills didnt think they could win with what they had.   so the logical move is to move the malcontent.   see if it could be a situation that is actually addition by subtraction.

given how deep the draft is at WR I dont know if there will ever be a better time to do this than now.

Very good move fir Buffalo and the Texans,  Diggs And Buffalo where done with one another, I just find it interesting that it would be with contender the same conference.  

20 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Very good move fir Buffalo and the Texans,  Diggs And Buffalo where done with one another, I just find it interesting that it would be with contender the same conference.  

I'd agree with that.

but it may also be that they were the only team that wanted him.

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'd agree with that.

but it may also be that they were the only team that wanted him.

Or was willing to give the most. Which is interesting that from what I’m reading, Diggs is on a one year lease, but he might not have a home after this next season, unless he really shines.  I’m looking at this has a ff owner, and I think it blows .  Hurts all three of these WRs imo.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Or was willing to give the most. Which is interesting that from what I’m reading, Diggs is on a one year lease, but he might not have a home after this next season, unless he really shines.  I’m looking at this has a ff owner, and I think it blows .  Hurts all three of these WRs imo.  

maybe.   but usually I do like to buy guys who are playing for a contract.

but I am questioning if Diggs actually is the #1 WR in this offense.    he wont like it, but at the same time he has bought his freedom as they have voided 2 years of a contract where he feels hes being underpaid.   personally, I think by voiding the contract Houston isnt on the hook for a ton of money for a guy who could possibly past his prime.   sure the money looks good now, but in another year or two?   questionable

I like players playing for a contract, which is why it’s a bad situation to own any of those wr.  If he has a great season, then Dell, And Collins wouldn’t produce like last season.  For both the Texans and Bills good move, ff owners confusing. imo.  

Seeing as how well CJ Stroud played last year the addition of Diggs should help his numbers be even better this year, if that's possible. If Tank Dell can come back healthy and be available come week 1.good chance we'll see a lot of 3 WR sets. If that's the case then I think TE Dalton Schultz's numbers go down significantly. Is Diggs gonna whine if Collins and Dell get targets.he thinks he should get? Anyway, at least on paper it looks like the Texans offense should be really good this year. Plus add in RB Joe Mixon.who should get a decent amount of touches so it should be fun to watch the Texans offense in 2024. Oh, forgot to mention their defense which added some pieces as well and should be better than last year. Good it be possible that the Texans pose a threat to the Kansas City Chiefs this year?

• Like 1

If Stroud continues to improve, I think they should be the number one ranked team going into the season in the afc.  

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

If Stroud continues to improve, I think they should be the number one ranked team going into the season in the afc.  

You always have to worry about continuity with Diggs. It's not a given that he'll fit right in or be happy in the offense. I don't trust him at all, especially with younger players. 

On paper it looks too good to be true, and it probably is. 

Diggs is a bit of a Diva who gets hurt from time to time.

I suspect he will be good in that first year.   if Houston is dumb enough to re sign him it will be year 2 and 3 where his Diva will start to make him a less than stellar teammate.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

Diggs is a bit of a Diva who gets hurt from time to time.

I suspect he will be good in that first year.   if Houston is dumb enough to re sign him it will be year 2 and 3 where his Diva will start to make him a less than stellar teammate.

The more I think about this signing the more I hate it. The Texans had a pretty good thing going. Why jeopardize it with Diggs when there were way better trade options? 

It’s not because of Diggs that I’m going to list the Texans as the #1 seed in the afc going into this next season, it’s because of Stroud who should be even better this next season, the maturity of both Collins and Dell, and I think Schultz will find a bigger role this season, plus Mixon who’s very good in the passing game, they will be tough to stop imo,   Then you add Diggs, who is playing on a one season lease, so he wants to get paid next season, I think he’s goi g to fit in, produce and be a serviceable wr3.   Plus the Texans have a good-enough def.  in today’s nfl a good-enough def can win Super Bowl. 

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

It’s not because of Diggs that I’m going to list the Texans as the #1 seed in the afc going into this next season, it’s because of Stroud who should be even better this next season, the maturity of both Collins and Dell, and I think Schultz will find a bigger role this season, plus Mixon who’s very good in the passing game, they will be tough to stop imo,   Then you add Diggs, who is playing on a one season lease, so he wants to get paid next season, I think he’s goi g to fit in, produce and be a serviceable wr3.   Plus the Texans have a good-enough def.  in today’s nfl a good-enough def can win Super Bowl. 

I think, Dell got injured pretty bad last year on a random play. I wonder how he will bounce back from the injury and if, he will be fully healthy by Week 1 of regular season.

4 hours ago, RareN64Dream said:

I think, Dell got injured pretty bad last year on a random play. I wonder how he will bounce back from the injury and if, he will be fully healthy by Week 1 of regular season.

That’s true. Good post.  Thanks.  I haven’t see any updates about Dell, have you? 

• Like 1