Sign in to follow this  
Maximum Overkill

NFL In Brazil

This is ridiculous IMO. Asking teams to travel to Brazil while season ticket holders miss out on a great home opener. How about pre-season games abroad, not regular season. 

This is ridiculous, I can’t believe that they are cheating their fans from being able to attend the game.   It’s opening day.   But fans will continue to buy nfl merchandise in support, so the nfl will not be the losers.  

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

This is ridiculous, I can’t believe that they are cheating their fans from being able to attend the game.   It’s opening day.   But fans will continue to buy nfl merchandise in support, so the nfl will not be the losers.  

Agree, absolutely ridiculous and for what?? Cutting off your fans who pay top dollar for season tickets, merchandising, etc?? 

I'm sure they discount the tickets by the price of one game so nobody gets cheezed.

is it that big a deal?  you gotta give allowances for the league to grow the game.

6 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'm sure they discount the tickets by the price of one game so nobody gets cheezed.

is it that big a deal?  you gotta give allowances for the league to grow the game.

It's Eagles Packers Season Opener. Of course it's a big deal. It's not Jacksonville vs Miami. 

The NFL is much more popular in Brazil than it is in Europe.

Sao Paulo is the largest city in the Western Hemisphere.

They shouldn't have any issues selling out.

The fact that it's a big game, between two potential contenders goes to show how big a market the NFL thinks they're tapping into.

I think it stinks. 

Well, seems like the NFL.wants to generate more profit for the league by going to multiple co I Marie's to play games. Don't think a lot of players really like that but they get paid well so they'll have to deal with it. Now it's a game in Brazil so wondering where they'll wanna play next. May be a.matter of time before the look to play a game in NORTH KOREA where the mad dictator Kim something I'll or.whatever his name is wants to watch. He has been visited by Dennis Rodman.and the guy loves the NBA but he hates America. Keep the NFL out of questionable countries.

Brazil shouldn't be that big of an issue for the players.  I think their biggest gripe is with time zones.  Sure, it's probably a 12 or 13 hour flight, but I believe Brazil is the same time zone as Green Bay, which is only 1 hour difference for Philly.  These guys fly on premium private charted flights.  They travel in comfort.  This game is a much bigger issue for the fans.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Brazil shouldn't be that big of an issue for the players.  I think their biggest gripe is with time zones.  Sure, it's probably a 12 or 13 hour flight, but I believe Brazil is the same time zone as Green Bay, which is only 1 hour difference for Philly.  These guys fly on premium private charted flights.  They travel in comfort.  This game is a much bigger issue for the fans.

I've flown from Chicago to Brazil, it's about 8-9 hours. Sao Paulo is two hours ahead of Central time. One hour ahead of Philly time.

It shouldn't be a whole different than flying from the coast to coast in the USA.

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

I've flown from Chicago to Brazil, it's about 8-9 hours. Sao Paulo is two hours ahead of Central time. One hour ahead of Philly time.

It shouldn't be a whole different than flying from the coast to coast in the USA.

Thanks for the correction... I was making some quick assumptions.

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal for the teams, but it’s not good fir the fans of those teams, more so for the home team fans.  

17 hours ago, weepaws said:

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal for the teams, but it’s not good fir the fans of those teams, more so for the home team fans.  

Yeah, exactly. Screw the players, I don't care if they have to travel to the moon. 

The fans/season ticket holders miss out on the excitement of a season opener, the tailgating, etc. 

And local businesses/hotels miss out as well. I had Eagles season tickets for forever and for years I would fly back for every home game, and I wasn't the only one. It's just BS for the fans 

Some fans like to travel, I'm sure there will be Packers and Eagles fans that travel to Brazil because of this game. It's fine.

Some will travel, but many others more than those that can travel won’t, maybe they don’t like to, more likely they can’t offered to travel, and some just can’t get the time=off, I think it’s crappy for those fans.  Don’t agree with these game being played out of the US.  Thanks. 

it suck for the fans and local economy, but I got a feeling (woo-hoo) the NFL will make more money with game being in Brazil. 

6 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

it suck for the fans and local economy, but I got a feeling (woo-hoo) the NFL will make more money with game being in Brazil. 

Agreed, and that’s what’s important to the nfl.   But they don’t seem bothered how many loyal fans will be left out.  Shame. 

I don’t know why yall are complaining about this.  If you haven’t figured it out yet, the NFL doesn’t care about the fans anymore.  You couldn’t turn on a game last year w/o seeing their new pet rat.  Not only are they trying to market to new countries, they’re trying to market to people in this market that don’t care a thing about the game.  The NFL hit the jackpot with the explosion in popularity of fantasy after Al Gore invented to internet.  If you don’t like it, find a new hobby.  Otherwise, shhhhh!

1 minute ago, JagFan said:

don’t know why yall are complaining about this

Does the NFL pay your bills? If not then why do you care about their financial growth? Especially at the expense of the season ticket holders and local team economies. 

5 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Does the NFL pay your bills? If not then why do you care about their financial growth? Especially at the expense of the season ticket holders and local team economies. 

Have the Iggles lost any season ticket holders because of this? If anything, they might make money by Brazilian fans buying their jersey. Is the one home game every 20 years' worth complaining about?

Yes, if successful it will be more than just one home game.  This is just the start.  

6 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Stop crying bro.  This is a forum for a fake game based on a fake game.

On 4/13/2024 at 7:33 AM, Maximum Overkill said:

Yeah, exactly. Screw the players, I don't care if they have to travel to the moon. 

The fans/season ticket holders miss out on the excitement of a season opener, the tailgating, etc. 

And local businesses/hotels miss out as well. I had Eagles season tickets for forever and for years I would fly back for every home game, and I wasn't the only one. It's just BS for the fans 

After thinking about it, the fans may not really be getting screwed.  If I recall, the 17th game was supposed to be an extra home game for conferences on alternating years.  I believe that the extra home game was thought of by the NFL, to be used as the international game.  If that's the case and the Eagles still have 8 home games (in Philly), like every other team... I don't see this as the fans getting screwed.  They're getting their 8 home games like everyone else and it's not costing them any more money.... because obviously, if the Eagles had 9 home games in Philly, it's not like that 9th game is free.  They'll have to pay for it just like every other game.

The fans are indeed getting screwed. 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If I recall, the 17th game was supposed to be an extra home game for conferences on alternating years

I hear you but what about the teams that don't have to travel? They still may get an extra home game and not have to leave the Country. 

Still one less game 

Just now, Maximum Overkill said:

I hear you but what about the teams that don't have to travel? They still may get an extra home game and not have to leave the Country. 

Still one less game 

Every team will have to travel, at some point. Every team, over a period of time, has to play an international game.  I believe it was set up to be over 4 years (it may have been 8), but anyway... eventually, they all have to do it.  They all agreed to.  Some were last year, 2 years ago, and this year... some will be next year.  It's unavoidable.

Only the start of something bad a coming soon, teams playing full time outside of the US, this is just simply to Doctrine of that coming soon.  The fans will lose, the players and the league get there’s no matter what the fans will lose out on. 

Jagfan is just butthurt his team can't get past the Chiefs

16 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Jagfan is just butthurt his team can't get past the Chiefs

But this might be the year, half the team will be in jail. 😊