Sign in to follow this  
squistion

Trump's NY Election Interference Trial (Trial Continues, Trump fined, warned by Merchan)

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Could mean, could not mean.  You speak pretty confidently about your interpretation of a bunch of weird statements from Vance.

The laws got more betterer when they figured out a way to up it to a felony.  Why wasn't it originally a felony?

Are you referring to the fact that originally it was just a campaign finance violation?

Trump was charged with 34 felonies related to falsifying business records.  You can read them all here: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-indictment-34-felony-counts-charges-new-york-read/

These felonies are a result of obtaining documents that Trump stonewalled for years.

• Thanks 1

Ron just destroying low information Trump nut huggers ITT.

Gotta love to see it.

Face it cultist, your master done goofed bigly.  Get used to it. 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I'm on tilt? Great detective work, counselor. :lol:

You spent most of yesterday lashing out at pretty much everyone in here, bud :( 

19 hours ago, jerryskids said:

He said you aren't a very good pretend lawyer.

15 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Nobody is this stupid, you must be a bot.  So, greetings, bot.  :dunno: 

13 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I've tried to welcome you as a poster here, despite the advice of numerous other posters.  But I don't know what to do with your initial post.

"But the orange man is bad, right?"  What response to you expect from this?  Do you want me to say that it's OK for NY to dredge up old cases that both the feds and prior NY admins rightfully decided were nothingburgers, but the current admin decided that "orange man is bad, right?", so here we are, prosecuting the Republican POTUS candidate for it?  Sorry, I won't sign up for that.

Help me help you, if I'm missing something.

10 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You spent most of yesterday lashing out at pretty much everyone in here, bud :( 

Well actually, I spent most of yesterday golfing.  Shot a 90 -- tee to green I could have maybe broken 80, but my short game was shiot.  That's what happens when you don't play enough. 

But thanks for the concern.

Also I thought my response to the tl;dr was funny, in part because you said tl;dr to a post that basically called you a not very good lawyer, and you didn't even bother to read it.  I'm not sure what that puts me on tilt.

I'd have to go back and reread the "bot" comment I responded to.  I imagine it was stupid, though, given my comment. :dunno: 

I've honestly been trying to welcome Dozer here.  He's a liberal like you, you should encourage my behavior.  I think he would agree that I've been doing so.

I’m actually pretty impressed by the speed in which they’re getting jurors. Everyone says it would take at least 2 weeks. Now it looks like opening statements might begin next week. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well actually, I spent most of yesterday golfing.  Shot a 90 -- tee to green I could have maybe broken 80, but my short game was shiot.  That's what happens when you don't play enough. 

Also I thought my response to the tl;dr was funny, in part because you said tl;dr to a post that basically called you a not very good lawyer, and you didn't even bother to read it.  I'm not sure what that puts me on tilt.

I'd have to go back and reread the "bot" comment I responded to.  I imagine it was stupid, though, given my comment. :dunno: 

I've honestly been trying to welcome Dozer here.  He's a liberal like you, you should encourage my behavior.  I think he would agree that I've been doing so.

Thinking your are going from 90 to breaking 80 realistically round to round seems like some very Trumpian scorekeeping at play 😝

15 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m actually pretty impressed by the speed in which they’re getting jurors. Everyone says it would take at least 2 weeks. Now it looks like opening statements might begin next week. 

Yes. It’s hard for the defense to sort out all the liberals from the liberals. 

6 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Thinking your are going from 90 to breaking 80 realistically round to round seems like some very Trumpian scorekeeping at play 😝

Inability to read is a sign of cognitive decline, a very Bidenesque characteristic.

Tee to green I was good.  Then I either 3-putted or chipped poorly and 2-putted (a few times both).  This is not rocket surgery.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Inability to read is a sign of cognitive decline, a very Bidenesque characteristic.

Tee to green I was good.  Then I either 3-putted or chipped poorly and 2-putted (a few times both).  This is not rocket surgery.

Failure to take a joke is very Trumpian 😂

We all have to be in agreement that this has to be the most complicated "plot" Stormy has ever been in

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

We all have to be in agreement that this has to be the most complicated "plot" Stormy has ever been in

It's gonna be great for the prosecution when she gets called to testify, walks up to the witness stand, they go to swear her in, and she looks at the judge and asks "Do I take my clothes off now?"

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

They weren’t black? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They weren’t black? 

There were some black people there, but they weren't harlem residents that came out to see the president and chant that they love him.

2 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

There were some black people there, but they weren't harlem residents that came out to see the president and chant that they love him.

Still black. They love Trump. 

Florida case on hold because Trump can’t leave NY to attend. Nice job Judge and Fat as Fock Bragg. 

56 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Still black. They love Trump. 

Trump got 12% of the black vote in 2020.  Shut up, stupid.

4 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Trump got 12% of the black vote in 2020.  Shut up, stupid.

Latest polls show 17 percent of Black voters would vote for former president today – more than twice the number in 2016.

2 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Latest polls show 17 percent of Black voters would vote for former president today – more than twice the number in 2016.

17% huh?  Yeah they just love trump.

GTFO

7 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

17% huh?  Yeah they just love trump.

GTFO

Historically that is a huge shift towards a Republican.  Democrats would get up to 95% of the black vote accounting for over 1/3 of their vote total.  Of course you know that, just have to be an idiot

13 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Historically that is a huge shift towards a Republican.  Democrats would get up to 95% of the black vote accounting for over 1/3 of their vote total.  Of course you know that, just have to be an idiot

Only 17% of blacks would vote for Trump.  You think blacks love trump?

Twitter Thread

In Trump's NY criminal case, prosecutors file their so-called "Sandoval" notice—disclosing uncharged prior bad acts they intend to use at trial to impeach his credibility.

Prior acts include:

Civil fraud judgment
Gag order violations
E. Jean Carroll sexual abuse & defamation verdicts
Sanctions for "frivolous" RICO suit vs. Clinton
DANY case vs. Trump Org
NYAG case vs. Trump Foundation

People’s Sandoval Notice

If the history is contrived, is it really making history? 

22 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Only 17% of blacks would vote for Trump.  You think blacks love trump?

That’s enough. I guess you don’t know how many votes Biden won by. 

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

No reputable polls show that. 

7 minutes ago, squistion said:

No reputable polls show that. 

You are an idiot.  

New York Times.

Terrance Woodbury, a Democratic pollster, whose polling has found a nearly 30-point gap in support for Democrats among Black voters 18 to 49 years old relative to Black voters over 50. 

CBS 

Black voter support for Trump up from 4% to 23%, poll finds President Biden secured overwhelming support from Black voters in the 2020 election, but a recent New York Times/Siena College poll shows support for former President Trump among Black voters has risen 19 points in the last four years. Puck News writer Baratunde Thurston joined CBS News to discuss why.

NY Mag

Both national and battleground state public polls consistently show Trump, at this point, drawing more support from Black and Hispanic voters than any Republican nominee since at least 1960. When The New York Times/Siena College, NBC News, Wall Street Journal and CBS News/YouGov all released national polls a few days apart earlier this month, each of them found Trump winning from 20% to 28% of Black voters and 45% to 48% of Hispanic voters. That’s far more than the 12% of Black, and 32% of Hispanic, voters he won in 2020, according to the Edison Research exit polls...

5 minutes ago, jonmx said:

You are an idiot.  

New York Times.

Terrance Woodbury, a Democratic pollster, whose polling has found a nearly 30-point gap in support for Democrats among Black voters 18 to 49 years old relative to Black voters over 50. 

CBS 

Black voter support for Trump up from 4% to 23%, poll finds President Biden secured overwhelming support from Black voters in the 2020 election, but a recent New York Times/Siena College poll shows support for former President Trump among Black voters has risen 19 points in the last four years. Puck News writer Baratunde Thurston joined CBS News to discuss why.

NY Mag

Both national and battleground state public polls consistently show Trump, at this point, drawing more support from Black and Hispanic voters than any Republican nominee since at least 1960. When The New York Times/Siena College, NBC News, Wall Street Journal and CBS News/YouGov all released national polls a few days apart earlier this month, each of them found Trump winning from 20% to 28% of Black voters and 45% to 48% of Hispanic voters. That’s far more than the 12% of Black, and 32% of Hispanic, voters he won in 2020, according to the Edison Research exit polls...

Not surprisingly, none of your links verify your claim that 17 percent of Black voters would vote for former president today.

8 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Glad your golf game is going well :cheers:

(For me, 80 or even 90 would be great)

24 minutes ago, squistion said:

Not surprisingly, none of your links verify your claim that 17 percent of Black voters would vote for former president today.

JFC, your head filled with pigeon poo.  There are three polls listed in your approved sources which show more than 17 percent...(19, 20, and 28).   17 percent was on the low end of what polls show.

15 minutes ago, jonmx said:

JFC, your head filled with pigeon poo.  There are three polls listed in your approved sources which show more than 17 percent...(19, 20, and 28).   17 percent was on the low end of what polls show.

Not national polls of all black voters. 

22 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Glad your golf game is going well :cheers:

(For me, 80 or even 90 would be great)

Thanks.  To @thegeneral, since I'm too lazy to go find the earlier post:  sorry I missed the humor.  I was trying to wrap some stuff up today before heading out to the DBacks/Cubs game (DBacks lost, boo) and my humor sensor was turned off.  :cheers:

• Thanks 1

@jon_mx is correct. The number of black voters supporting Trump has increased. The polls definitely show this. And if these numbers are actually representative of what happens in November, Biden is in real trouble. 

But I don’t think they will be. Between now and November Biden will have to work some at getting these voters back but I’m pretty sure he will. I’m frankly more concerned about Latino voters. They’re the ones leaving the Democratic Party in droves. They need to be reminded that Trump won’t do them any favors. 

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks.  To @thegeneral, since I'm too lazy to go find the earlier post:  sorry I missed the humor.  I was trying to wrap some stuff up today before heading out to the DBacks/Cubs game (DBacks lost, boo) and my humor sensor was turned off.  :cheers:

It wasn’t a very good attempt at humor 😂

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

@jon_mx is correct. The number of black voters supporting Trump has increased. The polls definitely show this. And if these numbers are actually representative of what happens in November, Biden is in real trouble. 

But I don’t think they will be. Between now and November Biden will have to work some at getting these voters back but I’m pretty sure he will. I’m frankly more concerned about Latino voters. They’re the ones leaving the Democratic Party in droves. They need to be reminded that Trump won’t do them any favors. 

But not to 17% of all black voters nationally. Please, jon's 17% is cherry picked.

Wow.  Biden getting protested in Pittsburgh with chants of “genocide Joe has got to go” and “ Bidenomics Joe has got to go”.