Sign in to follow this  
squistion

Trump's NY Election Interference Trial (Trial Adjourned Until Tuesday)

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Does anyone know if Trump made it to his other children's graduations?

Someone claimed on Twitter that he didn't but I have not been able to verify that. 

3 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

I think most lawyers, most judges, most decent law school professors would agree with me.  For instance I could criticise and insult this judge or any member of SCOTUS right now and what are they going to do about it.  Now if I criticise or take umbrage with their rulings whil in their coiurts they may not appreciate it, but if i insult them personally or their staff they can hold me in contempt.  As for threats, wel threats have never been considered actionable threats unless the person had the present means of carrying out the threat.  I understood you are a lawyer, you should know this, it should not surprise you.  Perhaps I remembered wrong and you are not a lawyer.

This judge's attempts to stiffle Trump are bsed, to my understanding, primarily on the theory that Trump ought not be allowed to taint the jury pool.  It is a highly unusual ruling where I judge is concerned only about one side tainting the pool.  I get why that is the case with trump but the court's order would be strongdr if it were bilateral.  Much stronger.  now the bilateral nature of the ruling would not really matterf if the prosecution were obeying norms,, it would in fact be irrelevant as a matter of fact, but as a mattder of law it would be a correct order.

Thjere is also the considertion that truthful statementsare not threats, insults or criticism.  I understand that mixed in among Trumps angry outburst are some nuggets of truth.  If the Judge does not want his adult daughter being characterized as what she is, a democrat operative, then she can change her profession or he can recuse himself.

I do not tht this judge is trying mightily to allow voir dire to empanel a well vetted jury panel which should in theory be fair.  In a trial such as this, however, I have doubts that can be accomplished, but so far his efforts in this regard seem unusually thorough. 

tl;dr :blink:

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

Fell asleep again allegedly.

Is there something wrong with Sleepy Don?

no different than Biden.  I don't see you on these boards making fun of sleepy Joe when he's doing it DAILY.

8 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

no different than Biden.  I don't see you on these boards making fun of sleepy Joe when he's doing it DAILY.

You have that covered. Everyone knows Biden is old.

Somehow MAGA knobs think Trump is some superhero 😂

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Poor guy had the perfect excuse to get out of going to one of the most boring events ever, now he has to go.

• Haha 1

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Court is boring, especially the mundane administrative junk they're going through now.  I'd fall asleep too, intentionally.

23 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

As long as he's not snoring, it's probably his best hedge against getting a contempt citation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Court is boring, especially the mundane administrative junk they're going through now.  I'd fall asleep too, intentionally.

At your criminal trial?

:mellow:

Okie Dokie, but that does not make a good impression on the jury that you are taking the proceedings seriously.

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Odd.  If jail time is on the line, I'd pay attention to everything, and I wouldn't want the jury to see me sleeping and uninterested.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Strike said:

It’s a good look 😂

12 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Odd.  If jail time is on the line, I'd pay attention to everything, and I wouldn't want the jury to see me sleeping and uninterested.

If you're a juror you shouldn't be focused on the defendants state of consciousness.  You should focus on the FACTS of the case.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

If you're a juror you shouldn't be focused on the defendants state of consciousness.  You should focus on the FACTS of the case.

You have no idea what jurors think or how they behave.

And besides at this point, there is no evidence being presented.  They're going through selection, and it's Trump, so of course jurors are going to watch him.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Jurors are always focused on the defendant's demeanor in court. Defense attorneys caution their clients that the jury is always watching them and school them as to how to act or not to act as it may ultimately influence the verdict. 

5 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I do like the he’s falling asleep on purpose angle 😂

He said he beat Obama on purpose, he said Nikki Haley refused the national guard on purpose, he confused his ex wife for his accuser in his rape trial on purpose.  Everything is part of the master plan. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Strike said:

For once I have to agree with Strike. And you didn’t even mention the fact that jury selection is going to go on for at least 2 more weeks. 

24 minutes ago, squistion said:

Jurors are always focused on the defendant's demeanor in court. Defense attorneys caution their clients that the jury is always watching them and school them as to how to act or not to act as it may ultimately influence the verdict. 

Don't try to speak for all jurors.  I have been a juror.  You don't speak for me.  I didn't find him guilty because of his demeanor.  I found him guilty because he was an illegal alien.

Just kidding but I bet Tim got red in the face reading that.  He was an illegal but he was also guilty as hell.

51 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

He said he beat Obama on purpose, he said Nikki Haley refused the national guard on purpose, he confused his ex wife for his accuser in his rape trial on purpose.  Everything is part of the master plan. 🤣

All can be true. But what are we left with but a direct comparison to his opponent? And it’s not close. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

All can be true. But what are we left with but a direct comparison to his opponent? And it’s not close. 

Yeah. Biden is clearly a better choice. 

46 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

For once I have to agree with Strike. And you didn’t even mention the fact that jury selection is going to go on for at least 2 more weeks. 

And you would intentionally fall asleep at your criminal trial? 

I don't believe that. 

10 minutes ago, squistion said:

Objection!  My client was just talking in his sleep.

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

tl;dr :blink:

He said you aren't a very good pretend lawyer.

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

It's ironic that Trump is facing charges for actually paying a contractor!

I chuckled.  :D

• Thanks 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

He said you aren't a very good pretend lawyer.

🤣  Awesome!

Daily Mail Article

Seventh juror is selected 

A corporate lawyer is sworn in as the seventh juror.

Juror number seven presents as white – tanned – and in his late middle age. 

He has close cropped hair, is balding, and wears glasses and a blue button-up which is open at the collar.He lives on the Upper East Side. 

And he said he works as a civil litigator working at Hunton Andrews Kurth.

3 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Yeah. Biden is clearly a better choice. 

The subject is mental acuity. Joe Biden was widely known as the dumbest man in the senate decades before he went senile. 

Hope we get some black folks on this jury. Trump is doing well with them. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The subject is mental acuity. Joe Biden was widely known as the dumbest man in the senate decades before he went senile. 

Diminished Donald 

Guy really missed his calling as a Historian 😂