Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

I'm higher than all of you right now

Paid $8 for this Southwest wifi and it's so crappy I can't get our QBs file to load to reconcile bank accounts so instead I come here to say high

I spent the better part of 25 years being a Southwest fan boy.  With Phoenix as a hub, it was super convenient to fly darn near anywhere I wanted, usually on time.  Cheap was nice, but most of my travel was for work so work paid, and SW had a great FF plan so I got so many free tickets (and a companion pass) I basically flew my family of 5 for free wherever we went.  Free wifi, pick the best seats, all good.

But...  IMO they've gone downhill in recent years.  Mostly in direct/non-stop choices -- the places I go mostly are no longer non-stop, or one-stop, but rather 2+.  And not so cheap any more.  Fock that noise, when I can fly American for comparable price and get to places easier.

49 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I spent the better part of 25 years being a Southwest fan boy.  With Phoenix as a hub, it was super convenient to fly darn near anywhere I wanted, usually on time.  Cheap was nice, but most of my travel was for work so work paid, and SW had a great FF plan so I got so many free tickets (and a companion pass) I basically flew my family of 5 for free wherever we went.  Free wifi, pick the best seats, all good.

But...  IMO they've gone downhill in recent years.  Mostly in direct/non-stop choices -- the places I go mostly are no longer non-stop, or one-stop, but rather 2+.  And not so cheap any more.  Fock that noise, when I can fly American for comparable price and get to places easier.

I think they really started going downhill when Herb Kelleher died.  May have started a bit prior to that as his role at the company diminished but, as with many places, when the visionary leaves the company suffers. 

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

I think they really started going downhill when Herb Kelleher died.  May have started a bit prior to that as his role at the company diminished but, as with many places, when the visionary leaves the company suffers. 

Yeah, that's often the case.  Herb was a visionary, but eventually the accountants like @BeachGuy23took over and thought they could differentiate the company with awesome Excel spreadsheets instead of vision.  :(

Like Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, and  Aphrodite.

13 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I heard it still counts for the Mile High Club if you go in the bathroom and have your way with yourself.

If that's the case I'm in the 5 times club and they owe me a jacket :mad:

Just now, kutulu said:

If that's the case I'm in the 5 times club and they owe me a jacket :mad:

•  

Would you accept a cvm rag? :dunno:

You could always go to the bathroom with the Patrick Mahommes photo you keep in your wallet and join the mile-high club.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I’m heading to Phoenix in May or June to meet my birth father and sister for the first time., Found a round trip ticket from New Orleans to there for $129.00 with my discounts flying Southwest. We might be able to have a Geek meet if I have enough time and have a beer.👻

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

I’m heading to Phoenix in May or June to meet my birth father and sister for the first time., Found a round trip ticket from New Orleans to there for $129.00 with my discounts flying Southwest. We might be able to have a Geek meet if I have enough time and have a beer.👻

Would love to do it, let me know.  :cheers: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

1 hour ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Would love to do it, let me know.  :cheers: 

🍻

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Would you accept a cvm rag? :dunno:

Overstocked right now but I'll be in touch