The Real timschochet

“I Can’t Breathe” Yet another black man dies at the hands of police

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’ve never understood why this is relevant. Michael Brown (the guy killed in Ferguson) was a total thug. Rodney King was a druggie who resisted arrest. 

I think there’s a difference between police behavior based on someone being a thug based on past crimes, and police behavior arresting someone for doing something thuggish.   This dude was clearly belligerent and fighting back, IIRC Floyd wasn’t really fighting much.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I think there’s a difference between police behavior based on someone being a thug based on past crimes, and police behavior arresting someone for doing something thuggish.   This dude was clearly belligerent and fighting back, IIRC Floyd wasn’t really fighting much.

Yeah. Floyd just laid down and the cop kneeled on him. 

No it’s not a lie. Nor is it something I made up, nor something I’ve read on Pravda or far left sites. It’s been demonstrated over and over and over by numerous studies and reports by respectable sources. A few examples: 

The Brookings Institute: 

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/a-crisis-within-a-crisis-police-killings-of-black-emerging-adults/

National Institute of Health: 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7101453/

Pew Research: 

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2020/06/03/10-things-we-know-about-race-and-policing-in-the-u-s/

There are literally hundreds of these. You can disagree with them all if you like but then realize that your opinion flies in the face of the strong majority of reputable information. 

So, Tim, we can really get down to the heart of this if you would like.  After perusing your “studies”, I don’t have much faith in them.  For example, the article includes names of black men who were killed justifiably as an attention getter. There’s no delineation between justifiable situations and unjustifiable situations.So, what exactly is your main concern on this topic?  

32 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So, Tim, we can really get down to the heart of this if you would like.  After perusing your “studies”, I don’t have much faith in them.  For example, the article includes names of black men who were killed justifiably as an attention getter. There’s no delineation between justifiable situations and unjustifiable situations.So, what exactly is your main concern on this topic?  

First off I want conservatives to acknowledge that there is still institutionalized racism in this country against black people, and the worst of it is from police. Then we can discuss what’s to be done about it. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

First off I want conservatives to acknowledge that there is still institutionalized racism in this country against black people, and the worst of it is from police. Then we can discuss what’s to be done about it. 

You have no right or ground to ask ANYONE to acknowledge anything until YOU acknowledge that black on black violence & black violence in general is a TREMENDOUS issue. YOU KNOW THE NUMBERS. I'm not saying that some of your research doesn't have merit but when blacks kill more blacks in Chicago & Detroit on one August weekend than police kill blacks in Floyd situations all year it needs to be ACKNOWLEDGED. Both are issues but ONE is a larger issue. For you to continue to sidestep that fact damages your credibility & points to your real agenda. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

So you posted these links in support of your belief?  How am I supposed to interpret that information?  Are you saying the systemic racism is supported by justified police shooting data?

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

we acknowledge it, I have lived the experience, I primarily date black girls

that being said, if I was a cop of focking course I would approach black men with absolutely a prejudice, as they are a very small % of the population committing OVER 50% of the violent crimes, its an easy thing to predict

cops are also killed unproportionially by black men vs every other race combined

but you call it racism

I call it prejudice based on statistics, cops lives are in far more danger, so therefore sh1t happens

I have yet to see a upstanding black man be killed by cops

19 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Why would anyone acknowledge such a load of crap.  The institutional bigotry that is extremely prevalent today is against freedom-loving Americans, which you refuse to acknowledge.  You refuse to acknowledge the clear goal of our institutions is to wipe out the Constitution and gain complete control over the people through massive regulation.  Institutions wish to control:

1.  Speech and  narrative ('the truth).

2.  Education (brainwashing)

3. Health (what is available and who can access it)

4. Commerce (where you must buy goods)

5. Transportation (what type is used, track your movement, and permissions)

6. Food supply and consumption (elimination of small farms and control food production)

7. Energy and consumption.

8. Policing (elimination of self-defense)

9.  Courts (eliminatiin of the checks on institutional powers)

We are on the brink of becoming an authoritarian society.  And yes, it is a conspiracy.  By definition, institutions operate as a conspiracy.  They conspire to increase their power over society.  

49 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

You have no right or ground to ask ANYONE to acknowledge anything until YOU acknowledge that black on black violence & black violence in general is a TREMENDOUS issue. YOU KNOW THE NUMBERS. I'm not saying that some of your research doesn't have merit but when blacks kill more blacks in Chicago & Detroit on one August weekend than police kill blacks in Floyd situations all year it needs to be ACKNOWLEDGED. Both are issues but ONE is a larger issue. For you to continue to sidestep that fact damages your credibility & points to your real agenda. 

Of course it’s a tremendous issue. When have I not acknowledged that? It’s a terrible issue, it’s caused by poverty and by the problems with black culture stemming back to Jim Crow and before that, slavery. The whole point of Critical Race Theory and the 1619 Project is to acknowledge how our terrible history has led to this problem. Once we do that we can work on trying to fix it. 

My real agenda is to achieve, in the words of the Constitution, a more perfect Union. 

43 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Why would anyone acknowledge such a load of crap.  The institutional bigotry that is extremely prevalent today is against freedom-loving Americans, which you refuse to acknowledge.  You refuse to acknowledge the clear goal of our institutions is to wipe out the Constitution and gain complete control over the people through massive regulation.  Institutions wish to control:

1.  Speech and  narrative ('the truth).

2.  Education (brainwashing)

3. Health (what is available and who can access it)

4. Commerce (where you must buy goods)

5. Transportation (what type is used, track your movement, and permissions)

6. Food supply and consumption (elimination of small farms and control food production)

7. Energy and consumption.

8. Policing (elimination of self-defense)

9.  Courts (eliminatiin of the checks on institutional powers)

We are on the brink of becoming an authoritarian society.  And yes, it is a conspiracy.  By definition, institutions operate as a conspiracy.  They conspire to increase their power over society.  

Nonsense. I revere the Constitution. And I have no idea what any of this has to do with the points I’ve been making in this thread, which, agree or not, are fairly simple to understand. 

Difficult to discuss this with a person who does not understand the definition of "institutionalized".

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

that being said, if I was a cop of focking course I would approach black men with absolutely a prejudice, as they are a very small % of the population committing OVER 50% of the violent crimes, its an easy thing to predict

cops are also killed unproportionially by black men vs every other race combined

but you call it racism

I call it prejudice based on statistics, cops lives are in far more danger, so therefore sh1t happens

I have yet to see a upstanding black man be killed by cops

It is racism. But I also get your point. I understand what might cause cops to have racist attitudes. That’s why we need police reform. What we don’t need is Presidential candidate endorsing bad attitudes and behavior and calling it “supporting the blue”. 

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Difficult to discuss this with a person who does not understand the definition of "institutionalized".

Would you prefer “systemic”? I certainly didn’t create these terms and I think they’re pretty accurate. 

54 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So you posted these links in support of your belief?  How am I supposed to interpret that information?  Are you saying the systemic racism is supported by justified police shooting data?

No I posted those links in exasperation, responding to @EternalShinyAndChrome who actually argues, in this year of 2024, that there is no racism going on from police. 

I am frustrated because I don’t believe @EternalShinyAndChrome is a racist. I don’t believe most of you are racist. If you were it would be easier because then I would simply point it out and that would be the end of discussion. But I think most of you are well meaning people who are totally wrong on this subject and very stubborn about it, and resentful of minorities complaining about racism, and this is much of the impetus of support for Donald Trump. And so that’s extremely frustrating to me. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

No I posted those links in exasperation, responding to @EternalShinyAndChrome who actually argues, in this year of 2024, that there is no racism going on from police. 

I am frustrated because I don’t believe @EternalShinyAndChrome is a racist. I don’t believe most of you are racist. If you were it would be easier because then I would simply point it out and that would be the end of discussion. But I think most of you are well meaning people who are totally wrong on this subject and very stubborn about it, and resentful of minorities complaining about racism, and this is much of the impetus of support for Donald Trump. And so that’s extremely frustrating to me. 

What you're posting is not proof of "systemic racism'.  If it does exist, you're going to need to show me proof and we'll fight it together.  More cops are killed by black people every year than cops kill black people. So based on YOUR links, THAT would be proof of 'systemic racism" against cops, no?

On 4/26/2024 at 9:49 AM, Cdub100 said:

Diversity is our strength. 

I want to add to my previous post that there ARE racists who post in this forum, @Cdub100 being an obvious example (he is also an acknowledged anti-Semite, very open about it.) 

The fact that so many around here, who are not bigots, allow a guy like this to continually make bigoted comments without any pushback doesn’t speak well to your own credibility, IMO. It’s a microcosm of your tolerance towards Trump’s continual and explicit racism. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

What you're posting is not proof of "systemic racism'.  If it does exist, you're going to need to show me proof and we'll fight it together.  More cops are killed by black people every year than cops kill black people. So based on YOUR links, THAT would be proof of 'systemic racism" against cops, no?

No and it’s completely irrelevant. Bad guys, both black and white, kill police. That’s a given. Evil people do evil things. Police are not evil and we should hold them to a completely different standard. 

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Again Tim, we don’t know how to interpret your links. Theres no delineation between justified and unjustified shootings in there. An overwhelming number of police shootings are justified.  How are your links supporting your narrative of systemic racism?

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Again Tim, we don’t know how to interpret your links. Theres no delineation between justified and unjustified shootings in there. An overwhelming number of police shootings are justified.  How are your links supporting your narrative of systemic racism?

OK I know what your point is. It’s the same point conservatives always make when racism is argued: some of these incidents were justified therefore there is no pattern. 
It would take me a lot of time to rebut that point properly. And then we might still disagree. I’m happy to do that but it’s a beautiful day here and I’m headed to the beach. So if you’re patient with me I will attempt to address this later on. Enjoy your day. 

32 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It is racism. But I also get your point. I understand what might cause cops to have racist attitudes. That’s why we need police reform. What we don’t need is Presidential candidate endorsing bad attitudes and behavior and calling it “supporting the blue”. 

its not racism, I am sorry, black cops do the same exact thing, its statistics

what we need is kids to have dads, in all races

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I want to add to my previous post that there ARE racists who post in this forum, @Cdub100 being an obvious example (he is also an acknowledged anti-Semite, very open about it.) 

The fact that so many around here, who are not bigots, allow a guy like this to continually make bigoted comments without any pushback doesn’t speak well to your own credibility, IMO. It’s a microcosm of your tolerance towards Trump’s continual and explicit racism. 

This is a very jewy post.

It speaks volumes about how you HATE free speech. You hate the 1st amendment and everything MY forefathers built. You people come here and try to silence diversity of thought just because you don't like the message. You try and get others to rally to your cause. 

A lot of people disagree with what I have to say. I bet more silently agree with it. 

The fact is this is not footballguys this is the geek board. One of the last places where free speech is allowed. So go fock off to some tightly moderated board since you can't handle the truth.

If the police are a big problem in your life the police aren’t the problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nonsense. I revere the Constitution. And I have no idea what any of this has to do with the points I’ve been making in this thread, which, agree or not, are fairly simple to understand. 

I understand you have no idea.  There are systemic institutional problems, but racism ain't one.  The systemic problem with the institutions is they have unchecked powers and are incentivized to endlessly grow out of control.  Our courts have become a rubber stamp for them.  It is your elitist ideology which sees nothing wrong with it and your failure to understand how it is an affront to our Constitution.

40 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

This is a very jewy post.

It speaks volumes about how you HATE free speech. You hate the 1st amendment and everything MY forefathers built. You people come here and try to silence diversity of thought just because you don't like the message. You try and get others to rally to your cause. 

A lot of people disagree with what I have to say. I bet more silently agree with it. 

The fact is this is not footballguys this is the geek board. One of the last places where free speech is allowed. So go fock off to some tightly moderated board since you can't handle the truth.

Just to clarify for anyone else reading this- I wasn’t asking anyone to shut you up or censor you. By all means post your hatred for all to read. I was asking others to call you out when you make bigoted remarks like calling my post “Jewy”. 

ETA in November I will enjoy collecting your $25 from @edjr. I will donate it to the ADL. That will be a good day. 

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Of course it’s a tremendous issue. When have I not acknowledged that? It’s a terrible issue, it’s caused by poverty and by the problems with black culture stemming back to Jim Crow and before that, slavery. The whole point of Critical Race Theory and the 1619 Project is to acknowledge how our terrible history has led to this problem. Once we do that we can work on trying to fix it. 

My real agenda is to achieve, in the words of the Constitution, a more perfect Union. 

Quit blaming poverty & slavery....just quit. Plenty of other races faced poverty. You didn't see white people come out of the dust bowl & great depression & emerge as murderous thugs. You didn't see the Irish & Chinese emerge as murderous thugs. If you want to cite reasons at least be honest & cite or speculate on valid reasons. Giving a pass for invalid reasons & at the same time holding others accountable is the poor, weak & predictable strategy of those without moral fortitude & those with an agenda. If you want a more perfect union, hold everyone accountable......to the level they are accountable. 

• Thanks 1

Just to clarify for anyone else reading this- I wasn’t asking anyone to shut you up or censor you. By all means post your hatred for all to read. I was asking others to call you out when you make bigoted remarks like calling my post “Jewy”. 

ETA in November I will enjoy collecting your $25 from @edjr. I will donate it to the ADL. That will be a good day. 

Yes, you were. And this isn't the first time you've done it. It's how your tribe works. It's also the Jewy way to call facts bigoted. It's why any criticism of Israel is attacked as antisemitic.

And obviously, as a covetous jew, you can't wait to get your paws on free money. You've tagged me more than once. Hell I can hear your hands rubbing together right now. Nobody who's paying attention is surprised you tried to collect early either.

Don't you have some tunnels to dig?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

OK I know what your point is. It’s the same point conservatives always make when racism is argued: some of these incidents were justified therefore there is no pattern. 
It would take me a lot of time to rebut that point properly. And then we might still disagree. I’m happy to do that but it’s a beautiful day here and I’m headed to the beach. So if you’re patient with me I will attempt to address this later on. Enjoy your day. 

No Tim, don’t assume my point.  I haven’t made one.  I’m specifically asking you, who posted these links, how do they support systemic racism?

6 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

its not racism, I am sorry, black cops do the same exact thing, its statistics

Yes it is racism if they stereotype all blacks based on the statistics.  But yes, black cops do it as well.

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yes it is racism if they stereotype all blacks based on the statistics.  But yes, black cops do it as well.

its not stereotypes, its prejudging

its determining risk or circumstances based on previously known information in a similar situation

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

its prejudging

AKA racism

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

AKA racism

prejudging is not racism

if any person comes up to me in a business suit no matter what race they are I am going to treat them differently than any person who comes up to me covered in tatts and a basketball jersey

but you have probably never been in sales, little things like this are key

9 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

8 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

we acknowledge it

You acknowledge it, you’re just afraid to call it racism 

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

You acknowledge it, you’re just afraid to call it racism 

words have definitions, I know you psychopath leftists like to change definitions like they don't mean anything, but you are wrong

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

words have definitions, I know you psychopath leftists like to change definitions like they don't mean anything, but you are wrong

100%.

The grift is to call everything racism so you can line your pockets and virtue signal.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

100%.

The grift is to call everything racism so you can line your pockets and virtue signal.

they've generally moved on to genocide

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

prejudging is not racism

if any person comes up to me in a business suit no matter what race they are I am going to treat them differently than any person who comes up to me covered in tatts and a basketball jersey

but you have probably never been in sales, little things like this are key

It’s racism if the prejudging is based on race.

25 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Yes words do have definitions.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

racism: a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

also  behavior or attitudes that reflect and foster this belief racial discrimination or prejudice

So yeah, thanks for admitting you’re describing racism here.

9 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

that being said, if I was a cop of focking course I would approach black men with absolutely a prejudice, 

54 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It’s racism if the prejudging is based on race.

Yes words do have definitions.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

racism: a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

also  behavior or attitudes that reflect and foster this belief racial discrimination or prejudice

So yeah, thanks for admitting you’re describing racism here.

You’re a retard. What if you prejudge not based on superiority. 

what if you are a single woman walking down a street and there is a group of men of any race hanging out on the corner and it’s dark and you decide to cross the street rather than chance that