Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Justin Herbert wide receivers

I like Herbert and would of thought they'd bring in sum talent for the kid .. who's supposed to be the guy at wr? Rice?

Rice who? I wouldn’t count on him.  McConkey is the guy I would target.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Rice who? I wouldn’t count on him.  McConkey is the guy I would target.  

Jerry Rice's Boy 

I think we know who he is.

and he may turn into a player.   but it may take a year or two.

McConkey is likely the guy there, but they may still sign another WR to add to the group.     Its not a lock that McConkey is highly productive as a rookie.    I hope he is, but the guy looked(to me)  like a high talent player who may need a little time to put it all together.   Thats not necessarily a bad thing.    The talent is still there.    The best argument for selecting him is the fact he likely is the most talented WR on the roster and hes playing for a gifted QB.

That may be enough.

Read a little article about Mr Rice and Jr Rice, asking Son whose the better wr. He said dad at this time.  

29 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I think we know who he is.

and he may turn into a player.   but it may take a year or two.

McConkey is likely the guy there, but they may still sign another WR to add to the group.     Its not a lock that McConkey is highly productive as a rookie.    I hope he is, but the guy looked(to me)  like a high talent player who may need a little time to put it all together.   Thats not necessarily a bad thing.    The talent is still there.    The best argument for selecting him is the fact he likely is the most talented WR on the roster and hes playing for a gifted QB.

That may be enough.

From what I’ve been reading, McConkey is the guy that should be replacing Allen.  He should be a good wr 3-4 if that’s the case in ff.  

The new coach has a history of featuring the run game. I'm avoiding Herbert this year.

37 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

The new coach has a history of featuring the run game. I'm avoiding Herbert this year.

I wouldn't roster him anywhere. He's got absolute dog dirt for weapons. If anyone, Ladd would be the only viable asset, in Dynasty only. 

They signed DJ Chark

2 minutes ago, polecatt said:

They signed DJ Chark

I saw that.   I like him.   hes fast.  I think 4.35 speed.  but still at times has shown he need a little polish on his route running.

but more importantly, he seems to get injured a lot.   hes a nice dark horse or late round lotto ticket

McConkey has talent but he had, what, 30 catches and 2 TDs last year at Georgia? No those are not typos.

And that’s your best bet? A rookie with not much actual college production?

I’m staying the eff away.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I saw that.   I like him.   hes fast.  I think 4.35 speed.  but still at times has shown he need a little polish on his route running.

but more importantly, he seems to get injured a lot.   hes a nice dark horse or late round lotto ticket

Chark is soft. That size and speed but nobody wanted him. There’s a reason for that 

7 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

McConkey has talent but he had, what, 30 catches

And only 37 targets. If he was always open and such an amazing route runner then why wasn't he featured in that offense? 

I don't get the love. I know what it is but I'll let someone else figure it out. 

8 hours ago, polecatt said:

They signed DJ Chark

He’s an interesting prospect.  

Herbert will be only worthy of a stream now and then, just hard to trust him with the lack of WRs.  

3 hours ago, RareN64Dream said:

I am guessing Gus Edwards and JK Dobbins will do pretty well for Chargers.

If Dobbins is indeed ready, and can stay healthy they will both get a lot of work.  

• Like 1

Herbert avg 26 points per game his first two seasons, about 21.5 his last two, Chargers might be looking at a  new Qb after this next season.  

• Haha 2

Such a shame that they didn't make a concerted effort to give Herbert viable options at WR.  Justin balled out his rookie year so he showed he has the talent to be a very good NFL QB. Don't think Chark's gonna make much of a difference. Lot of people were high on Quentin Johnston going to.the Chargers but his rookie year didn't go very well butiedon the depth chart behind.Keenan.Allen Mike Williams and to.some.extent Joshus Palmer. So.Johnston's got a year hnder.his belt and.he should be given every opportunity to be the team's leading receiver. The talents there so.he and Herbert really need to get in sync with each other.and who knows maybe he'll be a nice surprise this year. There's no doubt they HAD to address the O-line in the draft. Herbert's not gonna be any good to the team if they can't protect him. Yeah, by going O-line with their 1st pick the receiver pool talent.elopdimished by the time they could look to.grab one. Some say McConkey's gonna be good but yes there wasn't much production in college so he will be a project to develop. I.still.think it's possible that Herbert could push upwards of 25-28 passing tds this year witha couple of rushing tds. Dude is young so.I ber they'll be looking to nab whatever top talents available at receiver in next years draft and dkn't squander the talent and potential that Herbert has.

• Like 1

No one even considers Josh Palmer might actually be good.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

No chance 

Chargers are loaded at wr, with a bunch of 3-2 wr type.   They are missing a true wr1, and wr 2.  Herbert is a must pass , only going to be worthy of a stream.  Might not be Harbaughs Qb next season imo. 

2 hours ago, nobody said:

I think he will be given a chance to do more than hes done in the past.

he got 769 total yards with 3 TD in his second year.

Last year 581 yards and 2 TD in 11 GP.   pro rated over 17 games we are getting close to 900 yards and 3 TD.

so if he gets more playing time as I think he will, he could be a 1000 yard guy.   I'm not a big fan of his TD stats though so even if he gets 1000 yards the TD's will likely be underwhelming so he may be a guy you can draft as a WR4/5 but could produce as a WR3.    to get into WR1/2 territory he likely needs more than 7 or 8 TD or he needs 1100+ yards.     I'm not seeing that, but I could definitely see him as a high end WR3 or (at best) a really low end WR2 if things fall right for him.

bottom line, he needs a lot more TD if hes gonna become anything more than a WR3.

13 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

think he will be given a chance to do more than hes done in the past.

he got 769 total yards with 3 TD in his second year.

Last year 581 yards and 2 TD in 11 GP.   pro rated over 17 games we are getting close to 900 yards and 3 TD.

You can throw that out the window, Harbaugh teams don't throw to begin with. Palmer isn't going to get the volume to warrant a WR3 in Fantasy. 

He'll be serviceable in real life, fantasy not not so much. 

with respect to Chark I'd like to point out something else:

year 1 he didnt play much.  he was a rookie.

year 2,   15 GP  118 targets 73 Catches 1008 yards and 8 TD

Year 3   13 GP    93 targets, 53 catches   706 yards and 5 TD (pro rated over 16 games  hes 868 yards and 6 TD)

Year 4----injured most of the year.    

Year 5 in detroit   11 GP, 52 targets   30 catches 502 yards and 3 TD.   worth noting he was injured much of the early part of this season as well.  but his last 6 games when he finally got a bit healthy he got   388 yards.     3 games where he got 90+ yards receiving.    this is enough to make me wanna see this guy fully healthy and with a good QB.

Year 6 was a dogs breakfast in Carolina.    525 yards and 5 TD playing on a bad team.

not sure what to make of this.  

I've seen him play and at times he looks like a stud, but then he goes and disappears at times too. (usually as a result of some injury)    hes one guy who I feel at some point may break out but if it doesnt happen I think it will be because of his inability to stay healthy.   but he has the potential to be a starter. I'm just not sure if he will take that last step he needs to take to get there.    but the talent IS there.

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

You can throw that out the window, Harbaugh teams don't throw to begin with. Palmer isn't going to get the volume to warrant a WR3 in Fantasy. 

He'll be serviceable in real life, fantasy not not so much. 

I think it depends.  

if hes the teams #2 WR hes gonna get more looks than he got as a WR3 in the old offense.

either way I think if you get him for the price of a WR4 or WR5 he will probably do well enough for you.

All of them are worth a wr5-4 slot on a ff bench.  But not worthy of starting.  

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

with respect to Chark I'd like to point out something else:

year 1 he didnt play much.  he was a rookie.

year 2,   15 GP  118 targets 73 Catches 1008 yards and 8 TD

Year 3   13 GP    93 targets, 53 catches   706 yards and 5 TD (pro rated over 16 games  hes 868 yards and 6 TD)

Year 4----injured most of the year.    

Year 5 in detroit   11 GP, 52 targets   30 catches 502 yards and 3 TD.   worth noting he was injured much of the early part of this season as well.  but his last 6 games when he finally got a bit healthy he got   388 yards.     3 games where he got 90+ yards receiving.    this is enough to make me wanna see this guy fully healthy and with a good QB.

Year 6 was a dogs breakfast in Carolina.    525 yards and 5 TD playing on a bad team.

not sure what to make of this.  

I've seen him play and at times he looks like a stud, but then he goes and disappears at times too. (usually as a result of some injury)    hes one guy who I feel at some point may break out but if it doesnt happen I think it will be because of his inability to stay healthy.   but he has the potential to be a starter. I'm just not sure if he will take that last step he needs to take to get there.    but the talent IS there.

He’s a tough one,I’m not a fan, but he’s produced in the past, but to many variables to make him worthy of anything more than a wr5-4.  

Chargers roster to many Charks.  Players with potential. 

39 minutes ago, weepaws said:

He’s a tough one,I’m not a fan, but he’s produced in the past, but to many variables to make him worthy of anything more than a wr5-4.  

Chargers roster to many Charks.  Players with potential. 

I know what you mean.

I do think that someone out of that group will have a career year.    possibly even 2 players (though this is possible its less likely)

the issue would be in figuring out which ones to pick.

the Shiny new toy is McConkey.   I think hes a good future player.  I just dont know that he breaks out as a rookie.    but there are possibly 4 players on this roster who have never been a #1 or #2 who may be asked to step into the role(other than Chark who was during his only 1000 yard season as a WR when Minshew was his QB) 

Chark is the only one who has had a 1000 yard season at any point.   Josh palmers stats pro rated got him to the 2/3 of a season equivalent of 900 yards which gets him close.

Quentin Johnson only had 430 yards as a rookie but he was a well regarded prospect selected in round 1 last year, so it could be him.

or McConkey a 2nd round rookie with first round talent.

This might be the most interesting puzzle I've seen and I look forward to some good debates on this as camp gets going

In my 14 team non ppr , I might need to roster one of them, right now leaning McConkey, but I hope someone steps up during preseason has the wr1.  

On 5/14/2024 at 5:45 PM, weepaws said:

In my 14 team non ppr , I might need to roster one of them, right now leaning McConkey, but I hope someone steps up during preseason has the wr1.  

I don't love McConkey but the volume is definitely going to be there, he's all they got as a route runner. 

He'd have to be an epic failure to not be Fantasy relevant. 

6 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I don't love McConkey but the volume is definitely going to be there, he's all they got as a route runner. 

He'd have to be an epic failure to not be Fantasy relevant. 

That’s the way I see it, those other guys haven’t proven anything.  But neither as McConkey at this time.  It’s a tricky situation, I know I wouldn’t draft Herbert , I don’t see a lot of positive outcome this season from him.  But he’s going to be a streamer at times.  

33 minutes ago, weepaws said:

That’s the way I see it, those other guys haven’t proven anything.  But neither as McConkey at this time.  It’s a tricky situation, I know I wouldn’t draft Herbert , I don’t see a lot of positive outcome this season from him.  But he’s going to be a streamer at times.  

well, someone in this offense needs to produce.   between McConkey, Chark and Palmer, one of them likely has a 1000 yard season.   possibly even two of them.

but its a roll of the dice.     good news is none of them are going in the first 5 rounds of your draft so the Risk once you get late in the draft isnt all that high.   This is one of those where if you draft on the end (ie. #12) and if you run reasonably late   I'm betting you can get two of these guys to be your #4 and #5 WR knowing one is likely a performer and one likely a dud.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

, I know I wouldn’t draft Herbert 

Definitely not at what his ADP is going to be. He wasn't good when he had weapons. I'd certainly expect regression.