Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

***EdEx PGA Championship 2024***

Sorry, Lager

Rory McIlroy files for divorce from wife Erica after seven years of marriage

On the eve of the PGA Championship, Rory McIlroy has filed for divorce from wife Erica

https://sports.yahoo.com/rory-mcilroy-files-for-divorce-from-wife-erica-after-seven-years-of-marriage-165443365.html

9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I think it will help. I played my best golf and did my best work when I was in the middle of my three divorces. 

33 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

If Ed takes my guy.  🔫

I don’t think you have to worry. John Daly should still be there. 

• Haha 1

Tiger and Rory will make cute babies

Meronk :dunno:  I am on 🚽 

Just now, edjr said:

Meronk :dunno:  I am on 🚽 

Hope you and your boy had a good time at the game last night. 

AD takes Christiaan Bezuidenhout. 

@Fumbleweed

Pretty sure I know Fumble's pick, but will wait until he makes it official. 

25 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Hope you and your boy had a good time at the game last night. 

AD takes Christiaan Bezuidenhout. 

@Fumbleweed

We had a great time, thank you. Went to Encore after, didn't get home till 2:30 😴

I knew that was who A/D wanted. I didn't want to be a richard

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Pretty sure I know Fumble's pick, but will wait until he makes it official. 

Is that who you were thinking? 

Just now, Fumbleweed said:

Is that who you were thinking? 

Nope, but since you didn't, I'm going to take him. 

6.08 - Taylor Moore 

Just now, bostonlager said:

Nope, but since you didn't, I'm going to take him. 

6.08 - Taylor Moore 

I really like Moore this week. I actually have him ranked ahead of Harman, but I think Harman has a higher floor, which is what I look for sometimes in the fifth and sixth rounds. 

4 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I really like Moore this week. I actually have him ranked ahead of Harman, but I think Harman has a higher floor, which is what I look for sometimes in the fifth and sixth rounds. 

Your entire team at one point or another this year was all taken in the 1st round. 

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

This field is absolutely loaded with talent.

Yeah, but I look at my team and think meh... at the end turn, there was never one time where I was "ooh, awesome, he's still available."  I was looking at piles of players who were all comparable.  :dunno: 

14 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Your entire team at one point or another this year was all taken in the 1st round. 

Yeah, I''ve been fifth place in consecutive competitions. Just thought I'd try something different. 

1 minute ago, dain11279 said:

@Cloaca du jour Please select a LIV player, I wanna be the only anti-LIV squad in the field this week :)

Gimme one

1 minute ago, dain11279 said:

@Cloaca du jour Please select a LIV player, I wanna be the only anti-LIV squad in the field this week :)

I wonder if the report that Oosthuzien turned down an invitation for this week is true. How can you just turn down a shot at competing in a major? 

1 minute ago, Fumbleweed said:

I wonder if the report that Oosthuzien turned down an invitation for this week is true. How can you just turn down a shot at competing in a major? 

They asked Gooch if he's gonna try and qualify for the US Open and his answer was just a flat "No." What a focking doosh :thumbsdown:

With a field this big and only 70 making it. I fear we will have 2 or 3 teams MC

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, but I look at my team and think meh... at the end turn, there was never one time where I was "ooh, awesome, he's still available."  I was looking at piles of players who were all comparable.  :dunno: 

My team is bound for disaster but it's been a while since I felt this good about a team. hitting that 3/4 turn thinking I might be able to get two of Fitz/Zal/Hideki seemed really nice for picking 8th. 

I understand many people were deciding to ignore chalk and pick guys playing better right now, which I may have done too... but I think that happened at the Masters for Cloaca where Homa and Morikawa fell in his lap. 

Alts:  Kitayama and Fox

1 minute ago, edjr said:

With a field this big and only 70 making it. I fear we will have 2 or 3 teams MC

Will be interesting to see how a best ball team of those not drafted would do. I would guess top-three. 

Alts

1. Taylor Pendrith 

2. Tom Hoges and Grinders. 

Harris English is my alt. 

Also, money sent to Ed for this tournament. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

My team is bound for disaster but it's been a while since I felt this good about a team. hitting that 3/4 turn thinking I might be able to get two of Fitz/Zal/Hideki seemed really nice for picking 8th. 

I understand many people were deciding to ignore chalk and pick guys playing better right now, which I may have done too... but I think that happened at the Masters for Cloaca where Homa and Morikawa fell in his lap. 

I passed on Zal because I didn't want an all-injury team, plus like you said, he hasn't played well.

I felt like getting Clark at the 1/2 turn was good value, but he fell because of recent performance.  Niemann is the highest ranked LIV player, but is he really that much (if at all) better than guys like Homa or Fleetwood picked later in the second?

Alts:

English

Kitayama

Alts:

1 - Adam Hadwin

2 - Adam Schenk

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I passed on Zal because I didn't want an all-injury team, plus like you said, he hasn't played well.

I felt like getting Clark at the 1/2 turn was good value, but he fell because of recent performance.  Niemann is the highest ranked LIV player, but is he really that much (if at all) better than guys like Homa or Fleetwood picked later in the second?

I don't think he is, even though lots of places seem to be high on him. Not quite sure who I would have picked if Bryson was gone. Clark should have the game for the PGA. He just bit me last week, has had a few down events and has yet to play well in a PGA. Should be lifting the Trophy Sunday. 

Homa probably should have been my round 2 pick

I picked Fitz in round 3 because I suspected you wouldnt take BOTH Zal and Hideki. I was hoping you would take Hideki. I love him but his back concerns me way more. He had to pull out of the pro am at the API... though he played well. Hasn't played since the Masters and his w/d last week was absolute last minute.  Zalatoris really just withdrew from the Byron Nelson ahead of time and claimed it was for back maintenance. I think he just wanted the week off with a signature event and major coming up.