Sign in to follow this  
edjr

The Fonz stood up to racism long before it was cool.

And that black kid was never seen on Happy Days again. 

ETA: And according to IMDB his only episode.   😃

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, squistion said:

With the bolded he was joking or being sarcastic. The second one was just a typical Biden gaff he has made as long he has been in politics.

Ohhh, so you have decided to assign positive intent to his  comedic statements, well, that is convenient for you

53 minutes ago, MDC said:

This guy adds “value.” ⬆️ 😂 

Annnnnd follow up with the same schtick.....😁

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, squistion said:

With the bolded he was joking or being sarcastic. The second one was just a typical Biden gaff he has made as long he has been in politics.

1)  You don't know that.

2)  So you're saying I can "jokingly or sarcastically" call a black person the N word and not expect to get punched in the face?  Hmmm........

Seriously, why do you libs always make excuses for the racism in your party?  At least Tim acknowledges Biden's racist comments but somehow using pretzel logic justifies it.  But at least he acknowledges that it is in fact racist.

14 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Ohhh, so you have decided to assign positive intent to his  comedic statements, well, that is convenient for you

That party has him completely brainwashed.  They did a good job on him.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

1)  You don't know that.

2)  So you're saying I can "jokingly or sarcastically" call a black person the N word and not expect to get punched in the face?  Hmmm........

Seriously, why do you libs always make excuses for the racism in your party?  At least Tim acknowledges Biden's racist comments but somehow using pretzel logic justifies it.  But at least he acknowledges that it is in fact racist.

No, Strawman. 

Anyone notice that, when Fonzie turned around to confront the big racist, he was standing on a footrest?

Henry Winkler is little AF; making him seem tough throughout the run of the show is IMO one of TV's great accomplishments.  :thumbsup: 

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, 5 years later.

That show lasted for five years after it had officially overstayed its welcome?!  Remarkable.

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

There was a black character they called “Sticks” he was in the house band at Arnold’s with Malph, Potsie and Richie. I believe Richie played the sax. Sticks played the drums. I’m pretty sure he got whacked after the Lufthansa heist because he didn’t get rid of the truck they used. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There was a black character they called “Sticks” he was in the house band at Arnold’s with Malph, Potsie and Richie. I believe Richie played the sax. Sticks played the drums. I’m pretty sure he got whacked after the Lufthansa heist because he didn’t get rid of the truck they used. 

😂

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

just like the DNC they needed him to virtue signal even back then, then forgot about them after elected

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

That show lasted for five years after it had officially overstayed its welcome?!  Remarkable.

Actually, 7. LOL 

There were 2 more seasons after that one.

20 hours ago, RLLD said:

Democrats created the Jim Crow laws that suppressed the AA community, and the current suppression as well

Wait aren’t you the guy that says there is no current suppression of blacks by non-blacks?

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Wait aren’t you the guy that says there is no current suppression of blacks by non-blacks?

I am, the systemic set of rules that Democrats used for so long were wrung out of the system.  Without these weapons in their arsenal they had to come up with other ways.

So now we can see their tactic in liberal areas like California, Portland and NYC.....allows criminals to run rampant on them, harm them financially....impede them from access to one of the key elements of success....a family....

So they abandoned the systemic racism, and now through elections foment harm.....pretend to be the solution....create more harm, pretend to be the solution

Its perverse, and in some sinister form of Stockholm syndrome the impacted communities keep voting for people who tell them the right words, and take actions that harm them.....which is why we have to stand up to Democrats at every turn

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I am, the systemic set of rules that Democrats used for so long were wrung out of the system.  Without these weapons in their arsenal they had to come up with other ways.

So now we can see their tactic in liberal areas like California, Portland and NYC.....allows criminals to run rampant on them, harm them financially....impede them from access to one of the key elements of success....a family....

So they abandoned the systemic racism, and now through elections foment harm.....pretend to be the solution....create more harm, pretend to be the solution

Its perverse, and in some sinister form of Stockholm syndrome the impacted communities keep voting for people who tell them the right words, and take actions that harm them.....which is why we have to stand up to Democrats at every turn

So there is still suppression of blacks by non-blacks, got it

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So there is still suppression of blacks by non-blacks, got it

Well, to be fair, mostly by other blacks, but yeah.....there are enough white Democrats being elected to support your assertion. Of course, if your intention was to pretend that racism was eradicated that is of course farcical on its face....its the systemic element we managed to wring out.....now that racism is isolated to pockets where Democrats are most dominant.....we still have work to do

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

racism is isolated to pockets where Democrats are most dominant.....

You’re funny 

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You’re funny 

I can be, sometimes we have to laugh when things are bad enough, just to get through it. People have been living in a bit of a mess

So none of the people flying confederate flags in the rural south are racist?

That would not be congruent with my prior statements, and is an odd red herring to apply to this conversation....

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

That would not be congruent with my prior statements, and is an odd red herring to apply to this conversation....

You said “racism is isolated to pockets where Democrats are most dominant.”

I’m simply pointing out that that statement is laughably inaccurate.  Add it to your recent list of similar statements.

You said “racism is isolated to pockets where Democrats are most dominant.”

I’m simply pointing out that that statement is laughably inaccurate.  Add it to your recent list of similar statements.

So you are assuming those people are not Democrats, the ones you described, well...ok, lets run with that....Tell me how those people you mentioned, enact legislation that harmed the AA community....or is there flag the source of the harm?

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

So you are assuming those people are not Democrats, the ones you described, well...ok, lets run with that....Tell me how those people you mentioned, enact legislation that harmed the AA community....or is there flag the source of the harm?

Once again, I was replying to the statement that “racism is isolated to pockets where Democrats are most dominant.”

Democrats are not most dominant in the rural south, and there are plenty of racists there (they’re not all racists though of course).  If any of those racists are hiring managers for example then blacks could still be impacted by systemic racism in those areas.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Once again, I was replying to the statement that “racism is isolated to pockets where Democrats are most dominant.”

Democrats are not most dominant in the rural south, and there are plenty of racists there (they’re not all racists though of course).  If any of those racists are hiring managers for example then blacks could still be impacted by systemic racism in those areas.

Agree with your approach.

Now, Tell me how those people you mentioned, enact legislation that harmed the AA community....or is there flag the source of the harm?  By way of example, lets say.....there were 100 job available in one of these locales....and those horrible flag people brought in a bunch of people from the Phillipines who took most of those jobs, and those meaner managers gave the money and a place to stay....which they denied those AA's for decades, now THAT is some proof of racism

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Agree with your approach.

Now, Tell me how those people you mentioned, enact legislation that harmed the AA community....or is there flag the source of the harm?  By way of example, lets say.....there were 100 job available in one of these locales....and those horrible flag people brought in a bunch of people from the Phillipines who took most of those jobs, and those meaner managers gave the money and a place to stay....which they denied those AA's for decades, now THAT is some proof of racism

I don't think Tim understands what the word "systemic" means.

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Dude was actually drafted for Korea whereupon he was.known as "Spearchucker'.

He died soon after. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Dude was actually drafted for Korea whereupon he was.known as "Spearchucker'.

He died soon after. 

His son grew up to be that black guy in the background on Friends. 

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't think Tim understands what the word "systemic" means.

@RLLD’s statement about racism only existing where Democrats are most dominant was not specifying “systemic”

51 minutes ago, RLLD said:

now that racism is isolated to pockets where Democrats are most dominant.....

You actually believe that? :lol: 

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

@RLLD’s statement about racism only existing where Democrats are most dominant was not specifying “systemic”

Interesting revision of my statement...."now that racism is isolated to pockets where Democrats are most dominant.....we still have work to do"

I might suggest you consider, showing me evidence of racism.....anywhere, lets just start with that.....and racism is not simply "oh there is a confederate flag"...nope....racism is active harm toward AA's.....like in NYC where there is murder, lack of economic opportunity and non'AA's getting benefits over that community.....show me racism where its impacting.

I am not interested in the spectral "its just out there......", nope, show an outcome....like the plight of these people in Oakland....maybe start there....or Chicago..... and lets see who has been running the show in those locations where actual racism.....the harm to AA's is evident.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

You actually believe that? :lol: 

I do.....I see those places where AA's are the most harmed, and they are Democrat hotbeds.....where that political ideology has dominated for decades.  

Just now, RLLD said:

I do.....I see those places where AA's are the most harmed, and they are Democrat hotbeds.....where that political ideology has dominated for decades.  

And you believe that racism is ONLY in places where Democrats are dominant? :lol: 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

And you believe that racism is ONLY in places where Democrats are dominant? :lol: 

Only....no.....I think there is certainly racism to be found everywhere, on the campus of columbia.....and harvard.....we can see it on MSNBC every day.....if I were to head to certain areas of downtown Baltimore, I would experience violent racism....so I think we can presume it lives out there....but I think it is worse anywhere you find Democrat policies that are dominant

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Only....no.....I think there is certainly racism to be found everywhere, on the campus of columbia.....and harvard.....we can see it on MSNBC every day.....if I were to head to certain areas of downtown Baltimore, I would experience violent racism....so I think we can presume it lives out there....but I think it is worse anywhere you find Democrat policies that are dominant

You should look up the definition of “isolated,” stupid. :doh: 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

You should look up the definition of “isolated,” stupid. :doh: 

I will do that, thanks for your always insightful.....and useful contribution to the forearm.....   🧐

Just now, RLLD said:

I will do that, thanks for your always insightful.....and useful contribution to the forearm.....   🧐

This guy makes insightful useful contributions. Like saying only Democrats are racist.

Wut a maroon. :doh: 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

This guy makes insightful useful contributions. Like saying only Democrats are racist.

Wut a maroon. :doh: 

As usual, offers nothing but some sarcastic line from the peanut gallery.....there was a time when you had value.  What a waste.

All those multitudes of unarmed black men being killed by police seem to be happening in blue areas. Me e remind all the black men being sent to prison from blue areas. Hmmmm

Also, black kids in blue areas can’t read near grade level, never mind the other subjects, which are way worse. 

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

As usual, offers nothing but some sarcastic line from the peanut gallery.....there was a time when you had value.  What a waste.

Am I supposed to dignify your claim with an actual response? Nobody over the age of 10 thinks racists only come from one political side of the aisle. 

:doh: