Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**2018 Masters Thread**

As for breaking the rules being cheating....

When we'd play street football as kids, we made the rule that you have 5 plays to score (as opposed to 10 yards for a first down).....Playing street baseball, we started with a 2-1 count and had 5 run limits per inning.....Basketball was always half court, call your own falls, and we played to 21.

We weren't cheating. We altered the rules for our game so that we'd have more fun. Same thing applies to a weekend foursome.

if you golf on the street, sure, making your own rules.

if you golf on the street, sure, making your own rules.

What if we play baseball on a baseball field? We have to abide by 9 innings, DH or no DH depending on what city we are in, and use wooden bats?

Breaking rules is cheating. no?

and I'd agree with you, the weekend hacker has less reason to cheat.

But a pro, that has potential millions on the line? you think they wouldn't cheat if there was no cameras around.

I bet the web,com guys cheat like you read about. Why wouldn't you, if you had a chance to get your tour card.

Oldie but a goodie....

You are playing in the club championship knockout final and the match was all square at the end of 17 holes. You had the honour and hit your ball a modest two hundred fifty yards to the middle of the fairway, leaving a simple 7 iron to the pin.

Your opponent then hits his ball, lofting it deep into the woods to the right of the fairway.

Being the golfing gentleman that you are, you help your opponent look for his ball. Just before the permitted five minute search period ends, your opponent says: "Go ahead and hit your second shot and if I don't find it in time, I'll concede the match."

You hit your ball, landing it on the green, stopping about ten feet from the pin. About the time your ball comes to rest, you hear your opponent exclaim from deep in the woods: "I found it!"

The second sound you hear is a click, the sound of a club striking a ball and the ball comes sailing out of the woods and lands on the green, stopping no more than six inches from the hole.

Now here is the ethical dilemma: Do you pull the cheating b#stard’s ball out of your pocket and confront him with it or do you keep your mouth shut?

What if we play baseball on a baseball field? We have to abide by 9 innings, DH or no DH depending on what city we are in, and use wooden bats?

what state? texas? yes DH allowed. :cheers:

Fowler's woman was hot. For that reason alone I was hoping it would go to a playoff.

Edit: didn't realize that was Allison Stokke. Damn...

His next one will be hot too...

Fowler's woman was hot. For that reason alone I was hoping it would go to a playoff.

Edit: didn't realize that was Allison Stokke. Damn...

Link dammit!

Fine, I'll do it for you.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Allison+Stokke&FORM=HDRSC2

:wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 1

Least Fowler and Speith were interesting, cause that was pretty much a snoozefest on Sunday.

because the broadcast SUCKS!!!!! they show like 4 or 5 guys and then only the great or terrible shots from other guys.

because the broadcast SUCKS!!!!! they show like 4 or 5 guys and then only the great or terrible shots from other guys.

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the usual drama as the event winds down. Yesterday, the only drama was if Reed screwed up bad enough to let others in it. Meh...

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the usual drama as the event winds down. Yesterday, the only drama was if Reed screwed up bad enough to let others in it. Meh...

if Speef didn't hit a 75 yard drive on 18 it could have

The tournament was doomed as soon as Rory missed the eagle putt on #2...... If he makes that, they are not only tied - but they are tied early with 16 more holes for all kinds of mind focking to occur.

That missed putt and Reed's insane lucky break on 13 robbed the masses of something memorable (perhaps).

• Like 1

The tournament was doomed as soon as Rory missed the eagle putt on #2...... If he makes that, they are not only tied - but they are tied early with 16 more holes for all kinds of mind focking to occur.

That missed putt and Reed's insane lucky break on 13 robbed the masses of something memorable (perhaps).

Rory's 1st drive, I knew he was doomed. I even text you to laugh at him

Rory's 1st drive, I knew he was doomed. I even text you to laugh at him

I saw that.. But I was on #16 at the time. :D

I saw that.. But I was on #16 at the time. :D

:fy:

Rory just choked. He was nervous as hell on hole 1. I agree the eagle putt on 2 was a real doener for him. But he had other chances where Reed messed up. The course was playing fairly easy and Rory did nothing with it. Reed hung on and Rory didnt even give it any sort of run. I really thought Rory would put up at least a solid round.

Id rather see Rory chase it arounf fot a few years so I was sort of happy.

US Open should be a good one.

Rory just choked. He was nervous as hell on hole 1. I agree the eagle putt on 2 was a real doener for him. But he had other chances where Reed messed up. The course was playing fairly easy and Rory did nothing with it. Reed hung on and Rory didnt even give it any sort of run. I really thought Rory would put up at least a solid round.

Id rather see Rory chase it arounf fot a few years so I was sort of happy.

He was trash talking the night prior too. Glad to see him get beat after he opened up his yammer. The days of "Well hes a good opponent I just have to play better" and so on are gone.

I was so hoping to see something from Pimp Tiger Woods on Twitter - notta. :(

Indeed. His tweets are gold :D

As long as Woods is out of it after Thursday...

I hate that that Krispy Creme loving, hot pink shirt wearking dork won. :thumbsdown:

He and his wife sound like terrible people.

Should be, headed back to Shinnecock - I'm excited.

Hopefully Mike Davis and his team learned a valuable lesson from 2004, don't pull that shiit again.