Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

D.Carr is legit

Yes it's pre season but the kid has such a strong arm and a very quick release. Gruden said he hasn't seen anyone with his arm talent in some time. This kid is gonna be a rogers\cutler type player. I have no doubt he will be the best of all the rookie QBs. Another thing I took away from the game this kid Mack is a ball hawk he's

All over the field. Kids gonna be special.

- give this kid the damn ball :clap:

we might get a fantasy friendly offense in Oaktown - RUNMJD, Streater, Moore, the Rev James Jones, Rivera :music_guitarred:

i feel the buzz, cuz :banana:

It is one preseason game guys. I'm not a Schaub fan (who is?), but it is still probably his job.

It is one preseason game guys. I'm not a Schaub fan (who is?), but it is still probably his job.

of course, but this Carr kid will be starting before Bilgewater/Johnny Bench/99 Bortles of beer :pointstosky:

(and he might end up best of that lot) :doublethumbsup:

Yes it's pre season but the kid has such a strong arm and a very quick release. Gruden said he hasn't seen anyone with his arm talent in some time. This kid is gonna be a rogers\cutler type player. I have no doubt he will be the best of all the rookie QBs. Another thing I took away from the game this kid Mack is a ball hawk he's

All over the field. Kids gonna be special.

. Yea and the Raiders blew up the Seahawks . Super Bowl for them after that great preseason showing .

Not only is it preseason but it's the last week of preseason which is by far the most meaningless of all the preseason games.

It's not about pre season it's about how he throws the ball. If you watch the gruden camp and watch his college game tape and then read up about his camp you will see that he's done nothing but tear it up. Coaches have said he knows the playbook really well and the game isn't to big for him. This kid has been reading coverages since he was 12. He knows football more then any of the rookies I guarantee u that. His arm is a rocket the only question is how he will react to pressure he looks good so far. He doesn't stair down WRs and if watch his tape u will see the kid is gonna be good.

It's not about pre season it's about how he throws the ball. If you watch the gruden camp and watch his college game tape and then read up about his camp you will see that he's done nothing but tear it up. Coaches have said he knows the playbook really well and the game isn't to big for him. This kid has been reading coverages since he was 12. He knows football more then any of the rookies I guarantee u that. His arm is a rocket the only question is how he will react to pressure he looks good so far. He doesn't stair down WRs and if watch his tape u will see the kid is gonna be good.

I agree. Also preseason is easy to scoff at but in reality these players in gm 4 are playing harder than any starter in any previous game. They are fighting for their jobs and careers. These may be todays backups but they could be tomorrows starters (its an expression). A rookie qb who can read defenses and find open guys, make proper check downs, deliver the ball with confidence and accuracy, stand in the pocket despite a hit coming is a good sign. Doesnt matter if its the 3rd string defense, its players that were deemed nfl worthy and it counts. Put Blaine gabbert in vs the 4th string defense and they would still pick him off and rattle him in the pocket. Good qb play is good qb play.

I agree. Also preseason is easy to scoff at but in reality these players in gm 4 are playing harder than any starter in any previous game. They are fighting for their jobs and careers. These may be todays backups but they could be tomorrows starters (its an expression). A rookie qb who can read defenses and find open guys, make proper check downs, deliver the ball with confidence and accuracy, stand in the pocket despite a hit coming is a good sign. Doesnt matter if its the 3rd string defense, its players that were deemed nfl worthy and it counts. Put Blaine gabbert in vs the 4th string defense and they would still pick him off and rattle him in the pocket. Good qb play is good qb play.

No actually it does matter if it is the 3rd string defense.

No actually it does matter if it is the 3rd string defense.

No it doesnt. Not when trying to evaluate if a qb has the basic tools needed to succeed in the nfl and a foundation of talent to build off of. We can just agree to disagree, neither of us is a pro talent scout and we have both been wrong about guys.

No it doesnt. Not when trying to evaluate if a qb has the basic tools needed to succeed in the nfl and a foundation of talent to build off of.

A lot of young qbs look fine against bad defenses, over inflating their actual value. Anyone can hit wide open receivers running wild against scrubs. So if you are looking for the proper things it can be helpful. If you just look at the end of the game stats and he had a bunch of wide open guys who racked up the yards, youre not going to get the whole picture.

fock man why you got to go and do that carr. I had him as my first waiver pick this week. no way I get him now.

fock man why you got to go and do that carr. I had him as my first waiver pick this week. no way I get him now.

Don't waste your pick. Go get Cassel instead if you need a QB that badly.

I personally dont need a qb. I have ryan cutler palmer and vick(that sounds like a law firm) it is essentally a 2 qb league and both hoyer an carr are on the ww. Its more sticking other players with their draft as the qb ww is veeeeeeerrry thin.

Well, he did well against Seattle. Their 2's are as good as some weaker teams 1's. So I consider the feat to be noteworthy. If he starts, he will do OK. I figure they start him after the bye.

Since everyone loves him i am going to go against the grain and say he is a waste of a roster spot. He will get smoked by any decent defense.

thats easy. Rich Gannon

You willing to call "The Cannon" great?

for the raiders? hell yes. he had 4 straight years of 3400 yards min with one almost 5k. thats the best the raiders have had in years.

for the raiders? hell yes. he had 4 straight years of 3400 yards min with one almost 5k. thats the best the raiders have had in years.

I'd say he was the last good qb, but not great. Closest to great would be stabler.

I personally dont need a qb. I have ryan cutler palmer and vick(that sounds like a law firm) it is essentally a 2 qb league and both hoyer an carr are on the ww. Its more sticking other players with their draft as the qb ww is veeeeeeerrry thin.

If rather have Carr then Vick. Carr is starting and he could be the next Cutler rather have that then Vick. Vick won't ever get the job. He doesn't even want it. Carr is hungry and will start. I bet he is like stafford and cutler lots of yards but careless with the ball.

He's worth a roll of the dice; dropped Locker for him.

Mistake there. Locker has Whisenhunt. He got Kurt Warner back on track. Got Philip Rivers back into gear, now he's gonna put Locker on track to becoming a quality NFL QB. Go pick him back up.

• Like 1

If rather have Carr then Vick. Carr is starting and he could be the next Cutler rather have that then Vick. Vick won't ever get the job. He doesn't even want it. Carr is hungry and will start. I bet he is like stafford and cutler lots of yards but careless with the ball.

in vicks case i am just hedging against a geno injury. If that were to happen he could be a good qb and worthy trade bait.

in vicks case i am just hedging against a geno injury. If that were to happen he could be a good qb and worthy trade bait.

What's better hoping someone gets injuried or gambling on a kid whose starting and had the potential to be a top 15 QB. Carr is the real deal. Just watch the gruden camp with him and then tell me this kid isn't special. I think Bridgewater end up be a lot better then what people think. Bortles will be solid I think he'll be a Big Ben type player. Saying that I like Carr more then both.

HOMINAHOMINAHOMINA :overhead:

The San Francisco Chronicle's Vic Tafur believes there's a 100 percent chance Derek Carr is the Raiders' starting quarterback Week 1 against the Jets.

All signs have been pointing to this since Carr torched the Seahawks in last night's preseason finale. Coach Dennis Allen, who had previously been adamant that Matt Schaub would start the opener, became more wishy-washy with his comments Thursday night. It's led beat writers to believe Carr is going to get the nod two Sundays from now in the Meadowlands. Schaub's arm is shot, while Carr's is cocked and loaded with big-time talent. In three preseason games, Carr was 30-of-45 passing for 326 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

The word out of Oakland is Schaub has a dead arm. Dennis Allen and Reggie Mckenzie's jobs are on the line, and Mark Davis wants to see Carr starting.

Here are Carr's throws from the Seattle game. He looked good. Live arm, climbs the ladder, good pocket presence, goes through his progressions etc. His footwork is okay.

I'd start Schaub sore arm and all, if even just to have him hand off the entire game. I know this board is about the fantasy, but at some point the Raider fan has to come out in me. I'm from the school that rookie QB's are done more harm than good being thrown into the fray too early. Mechanics and arm strength in the pre-season don't mean jack freaking sh*t once the games start for real. Let him work the practice team, hold the clip board during the games. Hell I'd start McLovin over him. I understand wanting to compete, but this team's success will only come in the future by building. If you rat-f*ck the center piece of that future by getting him hurt or his confidence destroyed, that's bad business in my eyes.

IF Carr is the future, develop him and bring him along slowly. This is the NFL, not the WAC.

Schaub is horrible. I hope to see Carr starting by week 5. I'd give him the clipboard for the first few weeks, but he is a huge upgrade over Schaub and might be the best rookie qb drafted this year.

I'd say he was the last good qb, but not great. Closest to great would be stabler.

Ha ha ha ha ha... Rich Gannon took over a team of mutts in 1999 and went 8-8 his first year. The next year him and Gruden had them playing for the AFC Title. In 2002 he won the NFL MVP and led them to the Super Bowl. Any Chiefs fans will also tell you that turning to Elvis Grbac over Gannon in that 1997 playoff game set that team back years. Gannon was a great QB, period.

They are paying Schuab a lot of money, yes? Personally, I thought picking him up was pretty lame.

funny what? like we're fockin' clowns? like we're here to amuse you?

Lol. Oh the irony. I hate clowns.