Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Florida shooting survivor says CNN gave him ‘scripted’ questions at town hall event

yes while being yelled and screamed at

No...with plenty of time to speak on their own.

Did you actually watch any of it? Your comments seem to be completely contrary to what actually happened.

yes they don't want a discussion, why do they only want to talk after a major event, because thats the only time they can push their agenda. Why isn't there a town hall in Chicago for grieving mothers?

The left doesn't want facts. They want a ban, and when they get done with one ban, they will move to the next, and you cannot deny that, or you are just plain ignorant

the fact of the matter is most americans dont want a gun ban

the fact of the matter is we banned assault rifles, and studied it in the 90's and it did nothing

Few things...they want to discuss it all the time and much of that time are told its too soon to disciss.

This has grown mostly out of the youth speaking up here talking about it now.

Id suppose if the youth of Chicago would like to step up and have their voice heard or any other group...that news outlets would be happy to hold a forum.

In addition the constant deflect to what about Chicago is weak and disingenuous by the right as they dont really want to discuss solutions to socio economic issues that lead to violence like that....and it has constantly been the right who have shut down conversation about any gun control measures.

Your post about what the left just wanting a ban isnt true either...plain old talking points as-always.

No...with plenty of time to speak on their own.

Did you actually watch any of it? Your comments seem to be completely contrary to what actually happened.

Jesus. More lies. You'll defend any far left dogma and narrative till the end.

Will any of those links point me to a stat that shows 50% or more of the 30 people killed per day by guns in the US are gangbangers? Because I think you made that up.

Well you're the one who said 30 people are killed by (people using) guns per day. I guess we can start with you posting 30 deaths per day and we will see who's right.

• Like 1

Few things...they want to discuss it all the time and much of that time are told its too soon to disciss.

This has grown mostly out of the youth speaking up here talking about it now.

Id suppose if the youth of Chicago would like to step up and have their voice heard or any other group...that news outlets would be happy to hold a forum.

In addition the constant deflect to what about Chicago is weak and disingenuous by the right as they dont really want to discuss solutions to socio economic issues that lead to violence like that....and it has constantly been the right who have shut down conversation about any gun control measures.

Your post about what the left just wanting a ban isnt true either...plain old talking points as-always.

Sho, we have seen time and again how often the left moves the bar. As for watching it, I watched maybe 15 minutes of it, and it was a bunch of garbage anyways, 1 sided arguments, nobody there outside of Dana and Rubio. They only invite liberals to Town Hall, they do it all the time.

As far as socio economic issues, the left is the side that doesn't want to talk about single parent families, which is the major issues in not only chicago, but here as well. 14 out of the last 15 mass shooters have had no father figure in their upbringing and as we know 72% of blacks in this country are born to single moms

The left doesn't want that to come into play, because the minute they say anything they alienate their fanbase

Sho, we have seen time and again how often the left moves the bar. As for watching it, I watched maybe 15 minutes of it, and it was a bunch of garbage anyways, 1 sided arguments, nobody there outside of Dana and Rubio. They only invite liberals to Town Hall, they do it all the time.

As far as socio economic issues, the left is the side that doesn't want to talk about single parent families, which is the major issues in not only chicago, but here as well. 14 out of the last 15 mass shooters have had no father figure in their upbringing and as we know 72% of blacks in this country are born to single moms

The left doesn't want that to come into play, because the minute they say anything they alienate their fanbase

Wow. Great stats. Real stats, can't be spun. 14 out of 15. And you know damn near all of the little angels in Chicago and elsewhere had a baby daddy that hit it and quit it. You'll never hear a leftard give that any credence.

Yeah...seems you didn't watch much at all and then made a sweeping statement about the thing? Odd.

The left moves the bar? You mean like our President making statements about what he would propose and already going back on some of those claims (once the handlers again got in his ear)?

You claim the left does this...but politics moves the bar...only claiming one side doesn't want a discussion is disingenuous at best...flat out false given the right (from pressure of the NRA) shuts down any conversation about guns.

As for your 72% statement...a bit of spin used there from an old study (Lemon?) 73% actually were born to "unmarried" women. Nothing in that was about whether a father was in the picture.

The left doesn't want to talk about single parent families? How so?

Whats the proposal? Forcing families to stay together? Come on man.

Wow. Great stats. Real stats, can't be spun. 14 out of 15. And you know damn near all of the little angels in Chicago and elsewhere had a baby daddy that hit it and quit it. You'll never hear a leftard give that any credence.

And your solution?

And your solution?

Aggressive policing. Prison. It works.

Yeah...seems you didn't watch much at all and then made a sweeping statement about the thing? Odd.

The left moves the bar? You mean like our President making statements about what he would propose and already going back on some of those claims (once the handlers again got in his ear)?

You claim the left does this...but politics moves the bar...only claiming one side doesn't want a discussion is disingenuous at best...flat out false given the right (from pressure of the NRA) shuts down any conversation about guns.

As for your 72% statement...a bit of spin used there from an old study (Lemon?) 73% actually were born to "unmarried" women. Nothing in that was about whether a father was in the picture.

The left doesn't want to talk about single parent families? How so?

Whats the proposal? Forcing families to stay together? Come on man.

yep unmarried leads to lack of commitment.

If you make it front and center of the news, there is a reason why all these blacks are in gangs, its the fathers fault, there is a reason why these mass shooters manifest, cause there is no father to teach them to be men, then maybe a few might think twice about the future of their kids

as far as left vs right, the left continually moves the bar to more government involvement, while the right continues to try to rollback govt involvement and regulations up the ass

Aggressive policing. Prison. It works.

That is going to solve people having kids out of wedlock?

yep unmarried leads to lack of commitment.

If you make it front and center of the news, there is a reason why all these blacks are in gangs, its the fathers fault, there is a reason why these mass shooters manifest, cause there is no father to teach them to be men, then maybe a few might think twice about the future of their kids

as far as left vs right, the left continually moves the bar to more government involvement, while the right continues to try to rollback govt involvement and regulations up the ass

I don't think its the left that is against community outreach or programs to push for strong male role models.

Your last statement is so damn vague its nuts. And utter BS that the right is actually for less government involvment...just less in the areas they don't like.

And some regulations are needed...and put in for reasons.

That is going to solve people having kids out of wedlock?

There's no solving that as long as we provide for them. But it will curtail the violence that results from the lifestyle choices the single mother and baby daddy have made. Why should everyone else live in a more dangerous world because they behave this way?!

Well you're the one who said 30 people are killed by (people using) guns per day. I guess we can start with you posting 30 deaths per day and we will see who's right.

Sure, 11,000 gun homicides per year according to the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

Thats a little over 30 per day.

Your turn. :D

Sure, 11,000 gun homicides per year according to the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

Thats a little over 30 per day.

Your turn. :D

I asked you to post the 30 homicide you said happen. Murder is a pretty big deal. Shouldn't be hard. How many days should we sample? I suggest 30 days.

Who commits those homicides? Law biding citizens with legally obtained firearms?

probably every NRA member.

Who commits those homicides? Law biding citizens with legally obtained firearms?

He knows who does it. Just Trolling, as usual.

With the way Democrats push abortion that's not a bad idea.

In utero. The last and only time the right gives a sh!t about life.

After birth, feel free to execute them, send them to a meaningless war, and expose them to morons armed with assault weapons.

After birth, feel free to execute them, send them to a meaningless war, and expose them to morons armed with assault weapons.

Lots of lefties voted for those meaningless wars. That is not the exclusive domain of the right. Never was. You need to stop using that as a gotcha.

Lots of lefties voted for those meaningless wars. That is not the exclusive domain of the right. Never was. You need to stop using that as a gotcha.

Never said it was.

But the left doesnt go around hand wringing and crying to baby jebus that life is sacred every time a clump of cells meets the business end of a shop vac.

Just pointing out how selective the right is about the sanctity of life.

Never said it was.

But the left doesnt go around hand wringing and crying to baby jebus that life is sacred every time a clump of cells meets the business end of a shop vac.

Just pointing out how selective the right is about the sanctity of life.

I think plenty of churches throughout the country do plenty for those less fortunate. Every Parrish I've ever known has a food pantry amongst other services for the downtrodden. Reality doesn't support your spoon fed narrative about the right not caring about life after birth. Much to my chagrin Catholic charities is the number one sponser of refugees. Muslim refugees.

Just for the record; are you anti-death penalty? Pro-abortion?

I asked you to post the 30 homicide you said happen. Murder is a pretty big deal. Shouldn't be hard. How many days should we sample? I suggest 30 days.

11,000/365 = ? Are you suggesting the CDC is fabricating the numbers?

I feel the same way about gun owners. :dunno:

And they feel the same about someone that fights to save the lives of murderers while supporting the killing of babies because a woman forgot to use birth control.

You made it up, gotcha. 👌

TIL an unborn baby is the same as an adult committing crimes.

Great analogy :doh:

You made it up, gotcha.

And you made up the 30 number which is why you can't answer. :banana:

And you made up the 30 number which is why you can't answer. :banana:

CDC, link is above liar. :thumbsup:

Arming teachers? Have you people gone completely insane?

Dumbest idea Ive ever heard of. Its insane.

Dumbest idea Ive ever heard of. Its insane.

You know there are already schools with armed teachers and staff, right? It's not like this is something that isn't already in practice. It's just not everywhere.

You know there are already schools with armed teachers and staff, right? It's not like this is something that isn't already in practice. It's just not everywhere.

Dumbest idea Ive ever heard of. We can have 2nd Amendment discussions, thats fine. But teachers with guns is stupid. Just plain dumb. Like retarded.

It's a shame armed cowardly, corrupt local law enforcement and the fbi stood back like cowards and allowed the slaughter of children.

I am not necessarily opposed to teachers with a concealed carry permit having a gun in schools. Encouraging teachers to pack heat as a way to prevent school shootings is moronic. But I suspect Trump and the GOP are throwing it out there so they can appear to be doing something about gun violence. In a few weeks you will never hear about this idea again.

Dumbest idea Ive ever heard of. We can have 2nd Amendment discussions, thats fine. But teachers with guns is stupid. Just plain dumb. Like retarded.

Might not have 17 dead in Florida if there's been some non cowards who were armed.

I am not necessarily opposed to teachers with a concealed carry permit having a gun in schools. Encouraging teachers to pack heat as a way to prevent school shootings is moronic. But I suspect Trump and the GOP are throwing it out there so they can appear to be doing something about gun violence. In a few weeks you will never hear about this idea again.

I don't think schools are "encouraging" teachers to do it. They allow it and look for volunteers. They don't want people who aren't comfortable with the responsibility doing it. And they don't just hand them a gun. They do it in a responsible manner. From the following article:

Staff who volunteer to be armed must have their concealed handgun license and pass psychological screening, according to Argyle Schools Police Chief Paul Cairney.

Staff who are approved carry handguns, either their own or those provided by the district, which Cairney also screens to ensure they work. Volunteers attend three to five days of training initially, and annual retraining, including active-shooter simulations.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-texas-school-armed-20180222-story.html

I don't think schools are "encouraging" teachers to do it. They allow it and look for volunteers. They don't want people who aren't comfortable with the responsibility doing it. And they don't just hand them a gun. They do it in a responsible manner. From the following article:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-texas-school-armed-20180222-story.html

I was talking about Donalds idear to give teachers a bonus for packing heat. That is the dumbest sh1t I have heard from him in maybe 2 weeks.

I was talking about Donalds idear to give teachers a bonus for packing heat. That is the dumbest sh1t I have heard from him in maybe 2 weeks.

Eh. People get bonuses all the time for taking on extra work or responsibility. I'm on call right now and getting paid overtime.