Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

THE BOOM!

The raiders would of course because they are focking retarded and the ghost of al davis haunts their decisions. The colts would not though because even though it would give them the ability to fleece someone else it would also cause them to admit that their deal was a bad one.

If Indy would not, they're simply confirming the stupidity in the front office that led to the TRich trade with which to begin.

- and I don't believe that OAK would. While they make perennially stupid decisions, they are starting to exhibit the traits of a franchise on the upswing.

They are Cleveland circa 2012.

So Boom's gonna be a top 10 RB rest of the way? Cuz that was Bradshaw's level of production.

:rolleyes:

Yes, I believe so - though I haven't seen the schedule the rest of the way. And I said 'roughly', so let's grant a little slack, shall we? I think my position would be vindicated if Herron manages top 20 ROS.

If Indy would not, they're simply confirming the stupidity in the front office that led to the TRich trade with which to begin.

- and I don't believe that OAK would. While they make perennial stupid decisions, they are starting to exhibit the traits of a franchise on the upswing.

They are Cleveland circa 2012.

You have a much higher opinion of the raiders than I do then. We are talking about a team that signed not only 1 but 2 washed up backs this year for something like 9 mil between the 2. Then they sat their best running back in murrry for the majority of the year. I do not think they have changed at all.

So Boom, West or Sims this week in ppr ? If Boom gets Bradshaws carries then its a no brainier... Just not sure that's the facts.. I have been reading that TRich will be a 3 down. Back now.. Not suggesting that will last

They really WANT him to be a 3 down back. The problem is that he has not shown at any point in his pro career that he is anything of the sort. Hell so far I would be hard pressed to start him over many backups.

FWIW, Matthew Berry ESPN thinks that Boom will get at least half the carries this week:

" Trent Richardson appears to be the most obvious beneficiary of Ahmad Bradshaw's injury, but the concern, of course, is that Richardson isn't very good. Enter Dan "Boom" Herron, who had a nice preseason and will get at least half the workload against Jacksonville"

I'll see all the boom starters in the FOCK YOU thread , woooooooooohoooooo :wave:

Of course, you may well be right. It would actually be understandable for Indy to give TRich every opportunity (again) to succeed after what they have invested in him.

However, stuff like this happens every season about this time. Some fresh-legged nobody, knowing that this is his one chance, will come in and dominate. For those in deep leagues/short benches/injuries/bye week issues/etc.....Boom is a as good as it gets. High powered offense with a questionable talent in front of him, with coaches and teammates that believe in him.

Bust tomorrow? Could easily happen.

Stud tomorrow? Could possibly happen

Of course, you may well be right. It would actually be understandable for Indy to give TRich every opportunity (again) to succeed after what they have invested in him.

However, stuff like this happens every season about this time. Some fresh-legged nobody, knowing that this is his one chance, will come in and dominate. For those in deep leagues/short benches/injuries/bye week issues/etc.....Boom is a as good as it gets. High powered offense with a questionable talent in front of him, with coaches and teammates that believe in him.

Bust tomorrow? Could easily happen.

Stud tomorrow? Could possibly happen

Optimism makes this ADDICTING and FUN AS FOCK. :cheers:

• Like 2

Going into the week I was either starting Damien Williams (who actually may turn out to be a good start in PPR this week) or Joeseph Randle and hoping for garbage time against the Dez and Murray owner. 4 teams in the palyoffs, two that can outbid me and one had lost Bradshaw and I knew I would not get Boom, so I went for Murray. Broke the bank, and nobody else even bid on him. Coulda got him for a dollar.

Could not have gotten boom. I was actually quite smug and quiet, and happy nobody was talking about Latavius Murray.

Now I have a team with Demaryius, Martavis, Latavius and Martellus. Sounds like the cast of a Greek tragedy.

But I have zero confidence in Richardson. if he's the default number one guy .... He's like Shonne Green ... You want Sankey ... we already know that Green sucks. At least with Sankey there's a chance.

He's a guy ... playing in the NFL at the RB position and should get some carries going forward.

But I have zero confidence in Richardson. if he's the default number one guy .... He's like Shonne Green ... You want Sankey ... we already know that Green sucks. At least with Sankey there's a chance.

He's a guy ... playing in the NFL at the RB position and should get some carries going forward.

Sankey is a 1st round quality RB, and Don Brown was too. Herron was a 6th round pick and though he has at times looked good with Cincy and Indy right now his average is no better than TR's.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7634/dan-herron

ESPN's Adam Schefter said on Sunday NFL Countdown that Dan "Boom" Herron is a guy to watch "today and moving forward" in the Colts' backfield.
Herron was a preseson darling, rushing for 112 yards on 22 carries and catching 11 passes for 55 yards and one touchdown. He's a downhill, north-south runner. The Colts see the writing on the wall with Trent Richardson; he doesn't hit the hole hard and sometimes doesn't even see the gaping holes in the running game. Richardson will get the first carries Sunday against the Jaguars, but it may not be long before we see Herron. He's a worthy add for the stretch run. Nov 23 - 11:55 AM

Ugg....my only other option is Gray...and no idea what's going to happen there.

I may start Herron and hope he gets garbage time carries as the Colts should be able to run a lot in the second half.

Or....I may just shoot myself.

I may start Herron and hope he gets garbage time carries as the Colts should be able to run a lot in the second half.

I think you can't go wrong either way. Between Herron and shooting yourself I mean.

:lol:

• Like 1

Sh!t man; I'd roll with Herron in a nanosecond over Gray. Gray's matchup against Detroit combined with Belichick's dooshnozzle ways and IMO it's a no-brainer.

Ok, I'm putting my monies where my mouth iz. I'm sitting Gore @ home vs. WAS and playing Herron instead, because I think he's the far superior RB in Indy, and he should get plenty of garbage time play. :unsure:

Boom is starting!!!!

That'll help.....but gotta seize the opportunity.

That'll help.....but gotta seize the opportunity.

And hold onto the ball! Can't fumble in the redzone and hope to get touches.

96 total yards....I'll take that for a free fill-in flex with ROS upside.

The lost fumble cost him....it looks like they were planning on featuring him until that point. As a result, TRich steals the TD. Bottomline....he outplayed TRich, which bodes well for the future.

• Like 2

96 total yards....I'll take that for a free fill-in flex.

The lost fumble cost him....it looks like they were planning on featuring him until that point. As a result, TRich steals the TD. Bottomline....he outplayed TRich, which bodes well for the future.

I agree - I got 12.6 out of him in the league in which I benched Gore for him; that's about Gore's projection.

Maybe everyone who are getting him this week ought to consider themselves lucky that he did fumble a couple times because that kept him from absoliutely blowing up, he's arguably still a little under the radar.

So who believes that Herron was the starter because TR was sick?

Does Herron get the start this week?

And does he get the majority of carries this week and a TD? I think the most amazing thing from last week was that he got all the receiving work, I really thought that would be where TR would get added, new value.

Maybe everyone who are getting him this week ought to consider themselves lucky that he did fumble a couple times because that kept him from absoliutely blowing up, he's arguably still a little under the radar.

So who believes that Herron was the starter because TR was sick?

Does Herron get the start this week?

And does he get the majority of carries this week and a TD? I think the most amazing thing from last week was that he got all the receiving work, I really thought that would be where TR would get added, new value.

To answer your question, yes Herron will start again. BOOM!

https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNFL/status/537680438610100224

• Like 1

He better not fumble this weekend. Another one may put him in the doghouse, especially if coming at a critical time. I don't see this game as having many critical moments, but you never know.

NFL.com has him projected for 8 rushing yards and 3 receiving yards.

Who does these things?

• Like 2