Sign in to follow this  
30 Fat, Bald & Texan

This place is the suck

I'm taking my ball. Happy Easter errbody.

Pick up the good book sometime this weekend and give it a shot. Even if you dont believe the lessons learned can be great. Imagine if we all lived by the teachings of the bible.

Imagine if we all lived by the teachings of the bible.

None of us would eat pork, or have tattoos. Or eat shellfish of any kind. And we'd stone our wives if they weren't virgins before marrying us. And we'd kill all homosexuals.

Other than that, it's a pretty cool read. :thumbsup:

:banana:

None of us would eat pork, or have tattoos. Or eat shellfish of any kind. And we'd stone our wives if they weren't virgins before marrying us. And we'd kill all homosexuals.

The virgin thingy is pretty cool though.

Link to where the Bible Teaches this?

Here is mine saying you are wrong:

Thou shalt not kill.

Exodus 20:13

You can blame me for this board sucking

:thumbsup:

Post some of you and STC home movies -- this place might get better with some good BBW pron

If I'm going to read fiction, I prefer GoT.

Actually the Bible is a History book and is probably just as accurate as the history books today.

Actually the Bible is a History book and is probably just as accurate as the history books today.

Umm... sure it is, Gramps.

Link to where the Bible Teaches this?

Here is mine saying you are wrong:

Thou shalt not kill.

Exodus 20:13

Also, a child who curses at his parents should be put to death.

Oh yeah, and anyone working on a Sunday should be put to death.

I can go on

Did they even have history when you were in school?

Also, a child who curses at his parents should be put to death.

Oh yeah, and anyone working on a Sunday should be put to death.

I can go on

No links as normal.

No links as normal.

Exodus 21:17

Exodus 31:14-15

Now feel free to comment. Or run away like you do every time I make a total ass out of you.

Holy sh1t, you're stupid.

Good gawd newbie, I had no idea you were so against a book that teaches man to love thy neighbor. It has its place in our world and teaches great lessons.

Throw out the old testament and I might be inclined to sort of agree on a minimal basis.

The Hebrew Bible is the history of ancient Israel and Judah. HTH

LOLOL So you're going to completely ignore the fact that you just got schooled? :music_guitarred:

Is senility considered stupidity? :dunno:

You're right, but sometimes you just have to punch a retard.

Good gawd newbie, I had no idea you were so against a book that teaches man to love thy neighbor. It has its place in our world and teaches great lessons.

I'm not anti-bible. Or anti-religion. I see it for what it actually is. It was written (and is followed) with very good intentions.

I'm more anti-phurfur. I just love making him my b1tch every day. He's a bitter old curmudgeon who deserves it. :music_guitarred:

The old testament was sort of meant to be thrown out when christians and jews split I believe.

Most of the things that people find truly objectionable about the bible are in the old testament.

Exodus 21:17

Now feel free to comment. Or run away like you do every time I make a total ass out of you.

That is a good chapter, it shows how religion and culture has changed from thousands of years ago. It also shows how much is still included in our law.

That is a good chapter, it shows how religion and culture has changed from thousands of years ago. It also show how much is still included in our law.

In other words, you pick and choose the parts of the bible you want to believe in. Got it

30FBT, I agree with you l - I see a lot of positive in the teachings of the Gospel.

But in the end, it's all very pliable and people will see/take from it what they want to.

Good literature, good stories, whether it's The Bible or Old Maid's Game of Thrones, help us to understand the human predicament - they help us empathize with people and circumstances that are both alike and unlike our own - they help us consider and experience things in a way that will help us in our own lives.

In other words, you pick and choose the parts of the bible you want to believe in. Got it

I do.

I take some of it literally. I take some of it as symbolism or metaphor.

But I believe that as a whole, the book's job is to teach us to be better/kinder human beings, to respect ourselves and others, and in many cases to put the needs of others, especially the weak, before our own needs.

I have no issue with the Bible except for the claim that it's "The Bible" ie the one and only tome that matters. If that's the case, and it is the word of God as it's proponents claim, then it should be taken literally. Every word, every sentence, unless somewhere along the line there's a passage where it says "By the way, ignore these passages...".

If man feels qualified to interpret it and pick and choose what portions he follows, than he is breaking one of the basic tenets, that man never put himself before God.

Essentially, it seems a good guideline for how to live your life. Which makes it one of hundreds, if not thousands, of books about which you could say the same thing.

last week the preacher preached about honoring your spouse, and spoke about how women should submit to their husbands. We came home and I told her to suck it. It didn't work. :|

"actually the bible is a history book..."

Hahahhahaa as long as we are telling jokes.......2 jews walk into a bar....the other one ducks.

The old testament was sort of meant to be thrown out when christians and jews split I believe.

I think the Bible has a lot of good lessons, but why throw out the Old Testament? Also if I want to read religious text, I prefer the Vinaya and Sutta Pitakas.

If I want to read a comic book I will take spider man over the bible any day.

If I want to read a comic book I will take spider man over the bible any day.

Good burn. The hits just keep on coming. :rolleyes:

Sorry I am not Jewish and really don't know a lot about the Old Testiment. That is why I asked for the links. HTH