Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfreak

Which rb would be ranked 4 after the top 3 are gone? Gordon? Mccoy? Freeman?

A litany of not very good running backs have had top 5 years in the past. So that doesn't sway me

A RB doesn't have to be an amazing talent for me to take advantage of his production. If a guy will get the opportunities to finish top 5 in FF points then I want him on my team.

It's especially true in this age of the league where there are VERY few RB's who work as a bell cow and get the majority of the team's touches both running and catching.

A RB doesn't have to be an amazing talent for me to take advantage of his production. If a guy will get the opportunities to finish top 5 in FF points then I want him on my team.

It's especially true in this age of the league where there are VERY few RB's who work as a bell cow and get the majority of the team's touches both running and catching.

Alfred Morris fits the description.

Just don't be surprised if Gordon doesn't get lucky with a bunch of goal line dived to save you each week

Just don't be surprised if Gordon doesn't get lucky with a bunch of goal line dived to save you each week

The guys high on Gordon this year didn't own him last year. If he's not getting goal line dives he's not a top 3-4 back. He's grossly overrated.

The guys high on Gordon this year didn't own him last year. If he's not getting goal line dives he's not a top 3-4 back. He's grossly overrated.

agreed

Last year Gordon had 1400 yards, 12 TDs, and 41 catches in 13 games.

He's worthy of being ranked as the third best Rb behind D j and Bell.

Last year Gordon had 1400 yards, 12 TDs, and 41 catches in 13 games.

Fools gold. His YPC looked as ugly as it was. His numbers aren't sustainable. Last year will be his career year. Everyone want to chase it now and he's just not that good.

He's worthy of being ranked as the third best Rb behind D j and Bell.

You didn't watch his games.

Not to often.

I like him, but I dont think the he warrants the hype he is getting.

His YPC will improve from last year, but the improvement wont be as large as what has been predicted.

Last year, he was a volume runner running behind a poor line. due to injuries (again) there were not as many red zone options for the team, so he got them by default.

They drafted two rookies, so there is hope that things will improve on the line, but I truly believe that when you insert two rookies onto an O line, (and possibly last years 3rd round pick Tuerk who mostly red shirted last year) you will experience some growing pains early in the season for that line. It could be marginally better, but I'd bet money that the big improvement will be next year once these guys gain some experience and NOT this year.

I figure a YPC around 4.1 or 4.2 is a reasonable estimate for this year. I think some of the TD's will disappear as Rivers has better options in the pass game than he had last season and in the end I think the numbers will be marginally better than last year. I also figure most of the improvement from last season will be in the second half when that line starts to come together and work as a team.

my recommendation is you draft him high in Keeper/Dynasty leagues (if you can get him at all) and temper your expectations in redraft leagues.

Truly, the best way to get value when drafting this player is to wait until 3-4 games into the season. If he is underperforming his draft position at that time, you will get him cheaper than you will get him in the draft.

• Like 1

Exactly why he will even be better this season.

The passing game will have more talent for Rivers.

I think Gordon will score 12 plus rushing tds and his targets in the passing game should be once again right around what he posted last season 57.

His avg will be better and he avg 19 points per game in ppr last season and that was tied with McCoy for forth place.

I think the Cowboys will have a tougher season then last year and for that reason i can easily see M Gordon being the third best Rb.

And he has no Rb behind him pushing him for playing time.

Don't draft him to trade him. You draft him too have him take you to the title.

Until KC upgrades the QB it won't matter much who runs the ball. Teams stacked the box because Alex Smith never goes downfield.

Exactly!!

Fools gold. His YPC looked as ugly as it was. His numbers aren't sustainable. Last year will be his career year. Everyone want to chase it now and he's just not that good.

So, did you watch him play. I found this about him:

"Gordon's yards-per-carry are still troublesome, but he again showed flashes of strong running ability and more so than in his rookie campaign, especially in the receiving game, where he averaged 10.5 yards after the catch, which led all running backs with 40 or more receptions."

As a reciever, he ranked #1 in YAC among running backs with 40 or more receptions. That's better than DJ, Bell and McCoy. Yet, you want to say "he's just not that good."

I'll say it again, FF is about production. We know that, often, opportunity leads to production. Few RB on the landscape have as high a likelihood of opportunity as this guy. He was highly productive last year, even though the passing game was weak due to WR's getting injured and OLinemen getting hurt. The OL is expected to be better this year. There's really very little data to show he won't be productive again this year.

Your own opinion of his talent level isn't near enough to persuade me to choose someone else if I'm picking in the 4 spot.

So, did you watch him play. I found this about him:

"Gordon's yards-per-carry are still troublesome, but he again showed flashes of strong running ability and more so than in his rookie campaign, especially in the receiving game, where he averaged 10.5 yards after the catch, which led all running backs with 40 or more receptions."

As a reciever, he ranked #1 in YAC among running backs with 40 or more receptions. That's better than DJ, Bell and McCoy. Yet, you want to say "he's just not that good."

I'll say it again, FF is about production. We know that, often, opportunity leads to production. Few RB on the landscape have as high a likelihood of opportunity as this guy. He was highly productive last year, even though the passing game was weak due to WR's getting injured and OLinemen getting hurt. The OL is expected to be better this year. There's really very little data to show he won't be productive again this year.

Your own opinion of his talent level isn't near enough to persuade me to choose someone else if I'm picking in the 4 spot.

Yeah, I watched him play every game. I also drafted him. I also think he could easily have a worse YPC this year. I think he's had his best season.

Fantasy is also about value. At the 4 spot I don't see the value for Gordon at all. Too much risk. He doesn't pass the 4 spot eye test and the recency bias is gonna sink many ships.

• Like 1

I'd go McCoy, Freeman and then Gordon.

pretty much this for ppr. value pick later in the 1st or early 2nd is d murray.

i think gurley rebounds a little. numbers will fall between 1st and 2nd seasons. as bad as he was last year he still had 43 rec.

Agree about Gurley I do expect him to be more productive in the running game.

I was concern some about his targets with the Rams signing Dunbar.

But Dunbar looks questionable for now.

I don't think Gurley is all that good anyway. I'd take him as my RB3, but nothing higher. If he finishes his rookie contract with the Rams, I doubt his 2nd contract is starter money and opportunity (if he even gets one).

I will take him as a rb2 in ppr.

I will take him as a rb2 in ppr.

Yes. Excellent value for a #2.

Gurley is no less than an RB2 and close to RB1. He had a down year and still only 13 running backs finished 2016 with more FF points than he did. New and much smarter HC, plus a few improvements to the offensive line, plus Dunbar who was brought in to be the change of pace 3rd down guy is down with a knee injury. Gurley should finish this year, if he remains healthy, a top 12 back making him a RB1.

I agree with you Maulers 1973.

I think if his Oline is even a little better he has a good shot in ppr as a Rb1.

I agree with you Maulers 1973.

I think if his Oline is even a little better he has a good shot in ppr as a Rb1.

you draft gordon if you have the #1 or #2 pick?

Back to talking about 1st round RB's again this year, are we?

(after top 3, I would strongly advise Jordan Howard. The guys that get him late in 1st, teamed up with a WR1 are gonna be in the money).

The big three, McCoy, and then the debate begins. In non-PPR I think McCoy should be in contention with the top tier WR.

After the top 3, it went Gordon and then I took McCoy with the 11th pick in a 12-teamer, pretty happy with that. I also had McCoy ranked higher than Gordon.

I don't see Howard being a first round pick.

No I wouldn't draft Gordon one or two.

I don't see Howard being a first round pick.

Well, let's see here. On a crappy team, as a rookie, playing from behind mostly;

Rushing - 252/1313/6 5.2 ypc

Receiving - 29/298/1 10.3 ypr

2016 League Ranks:

2nd in NFL in YDS (1,313)

3rd in NFL in RUSH YPG (87.5)

Almost forgot: 99 or more yards from scrimmage in the last 9 games of the season.

You can throw all the stats that you know of at me, and I'm still going to say he won't be a first round pick.

Better off picking a wr1 first and then Howard in the second round.

He could turn out to be another D Martin.

Rookie season 1454 yards rushing 11 tds 49 rec 472 yards and 1 TD a rush avg of 4.6.

Next two seasons a combine. 950 yards rushing 3 tds 25 rec 130 yards 0 Tds

One never can tell.

You can throw all the stats that you know of at me, and I'm still going to say he won't be a first round pick.

Better off picking a wr1 first and then Howard in the second round.

He could turn out to be another D Martin.

Rookie season 1454 yards rushing 11 tds 49 rec 472 yards and 1 TD a rush avg of 4.6.

Next two seasons a combine. 950 yards rushing 3 tds 25 rec 130 yards 0 Tds

One never can tell.

There is a huge difference though. Martin's big rookie stats were pushed by a couple huge games against bad defenses. Howard was very consistent when he was given enough carries

I'm a little sketchy on Howard and haven't really put much research into him (in my main league he'll be kept anyway). I thought Chicago had a bad offensive line? No? Kevin White isn't confident, wasn't he supposed to be their WR1? Who will be the QB in Chi town? I have many questions and few answers at this time on Howard.

As for D Martin, his down years are usually related to injury. When healthy, he can ball. Though, I had him last year and he certainly stunk it up. Not sure what to make of him.

The Bears offensive line is pretty good if everyone is healthy. Sitton at LG, Whitehair at C, and Long at RG. The tackles are a little iffy but should improve. If the center of their line is healthy they should be one of the best units in football. It really does depend on Long though as there were concerns about him fully healing from last year. He had some nasty shoulder and ankle issues.

White isn't the Bears number one anyway. Cameron Meredith is. Besides Meredith they do have a lack of depth. Why they signed the crap free agents they did to lucrative seals, I don't know.

Glennon should be the qb. I have faith that he can at least be an improvement from last year, which can't hurt Meredith or Howard. Tight end is up in the air since the Bears are contemplating cutting the always injured Zach Miller. Well maybe Shaheen steps in, but he is only a rookie.

I'm a little sketchy on Howard and haven't really put much research into him (in my main league he'll be kept anyway). I thought Chicago had a bad offensive line? No? Kevin White isn't confident, wasn't he supposed to be their WR1? Who will be the QB in Chi town? I have many questions and few answers at this time on Howard.

As for D Martin, his down years are usually related to injury. When healthy, he can ball. Though, I had him last year and he certainly stunk it up. Not sure what to make of him.

No, they have a good line. I got him off waivers last year. Hes a great value this year. He's not getting the respect. While Gordon is seemingly overvalued by many.

Howard has to deal with a bad head Coach who loves screwing with the RB position. That's what scares me most.

Not saying he won't be a good Rb and he's worthy of a ranking of a rb1.

But I don't see him being a first round draft pick.

I was just throwing out the Martins stats just for fun.

Bears players scare me going into this season, they don't have anyone besides Howard whos going to scare another teams Defence unit.

I can see his rushing avg dropping.

I don't see him posting a 5.2 avg.

Not saying he won't be a good Rb and he's worthy of a ranking of a rb1.

But I don't see him being a first round draft pick.

I was just throwing out the Martins stats just for fun.

Bears players scare me going into this season, they don't have anyone besides Howard whos going to scare another teams Defence unit.

I can see his rushing avg dropping.

I don't see him posting a 5.2 avg.

Maybe it's because I own Howard in my keeper league, but I don't see what has changed from last year. Cutler vs Glennon, is there any real difference in the eyes of an opposing defense? Jeffery was always hurt and is an overrated talent. For most of last year Meredith was the best receiver on their team. I don't see any glaring difference that leads me to believe a drop in production is coming. It's the NFL so anything could happen, but there isn't much evidence to suggest it.

I don't think Gurley is all that good anyway. I'd take him as my RB3, but nothing higher. If he finishes his rookie contract with the Rams, I doubt his 2nd contract is starter money and opportunity (if he even gets one).

LOL @ RB3. There are at least 24 RBs ahead of him?

Would agree there is no evidence, it's just more on a gut feeling, that I know some don't like.

But I just don't see him having a 5.2 per rush avg. so that a lone will drop his over all ff point total.

He's a rb1( but he's not a first round pick.)

As for Jeffery I don't think he's over rated I think he's not a very tough player.

And I think there is a diffrence between Cutler and Glennon when it comes to getting ready to play the Bears.

Cutler as had some success in the NFL, now not a lot not always great but some.

Glennon at this time is a true question mark for me and I'm not even sure he's guaranteed the starting spot.

Would agree there is no evidence, it's just more on a gut feeling, that I know some don't like.

But I just don't see him having a 5.2 per rush avg. so that a lone will drop his over all ff point total.

He's a rb1( but he's not a first round pick.)

As for Jeffery I don't think he's over rated I think he's not a very tough player.

And I think there is a diffrence between Cutler and Glennon when it comes to getting ready to play the Bears.

Cutler as had some success in the NFL, now not a lot not always great but some.

Glennon at this time is a true question mark for me and I'm not even sure he's guaranteed the starting spot.

Fair enough, I have no problem with it being a gut feeling, after all that's pretty much all we have to base our opinions on at this point.. The only thing I will challenge is the that his FF point total will drop. Even if his yards per carry average drops and points per game takes a slight step back, he'll still end up with more points at the end of the year based on the fact he's going to be the starter all year.