Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Eli Manning... benched

I don't know how anyone who watched the interview today of Eli at his locker could think that he benched himself.

This is the example of how the Giants treat one of the greatest Giants player ever. It will take years to rebuild the attitudes of the men in that locker room.

The Giants, namely McAdoo, GM Reese and co-owner Mara jr, say they are making this move to evaluate Geno and Webb. How fair is it to them to be evaluated with these WRs and o-line?

Eli is second behind Farve in not missing a game. Since Eli took over in 2004 from Kurt Warner he has not missed a game. How many games has Eli played hurt and given himself to this organization?

McAdoo and Reese should be fired tomorrow.

Well probably since eli said he didn't want a token start just to keep the streak alive.....he could have been told he would probably be lifted at some point and told them he would prefer not to be ....I don't know how u can dismiss it as impossible

The Giants don't owe him anything. they paid him millions to work for them and now they want to move on. Sure, it's not a good look but realistically, no one should be feeling sorry for Eli. I can't bring myself to empathize with a 37 year old multi millionaire because the coach said he can't play football anymore.

The Giants don't owe him anything. they paid him millions to work for them and now they want to move on. Sure, it's not a good look but realistically, no one should be feeling sorry for Eli. I can't bring myself to empathize with a 37 year old multi millionaire because the coach said he can't play football anymore.

If Manning wasn't some egotistical nut, you would think he would say, "I get it, we are 2-9 and the team needs to do something different to try to get things going. I will do anything I can to support. Even if that means doing my job from the sidelines."

You would never hear that from a Manning though.

I don't think he'll be a Giant after this year. I think Denver would be a good landing spot. They could draft a couple offensive linemen. They've got weapons on offense and a great defense.

Fatso Francesca just reported it.

Eli was OK with it. If I were Jacksonville I would call NOW.

Jacksonville might be eyeing Kurt Cousins, who's an even better fit for that offense than Eli is.

I'd think they'll cover their eyes and Bortle it out for this year.

Without even reading through the thread, I find all of this ridiculous:

• McAdoo is toast, why piss off the fan base by benching the face of the franchise for a 2-9 record when it's not Eli's fault THEY HAVE NO FREAKIN RECEIVERS!!!
  • And the receivers they do have are 3rd in the league in dropped passes?! How the fock is that Eli's fault?
  • Their offensive line is SH!T, again, how is that Eli's fault?
  • Exactly who is clamoring for Geno Smith at this juncture?
  • Them offering to let Eli start is admirable, so he can keep his streak alive.
  • Eli's response to them offering to start is 13 year old girl'ish at best. He essentially said "If I can't play the whole game, then I don't want to bother" ???
  • Eli's fockin retarded. He should have said yes to the offer to start then unleashed wrath-of-god style vengeance by throwing 4 TD's in first freaking quarter then see if they bench him then.

whole situation is stupid.

If Manning wasn't some egotistical nut, you would think he would say, "I get it, we are 2-9 and the team needs to do something different to try to get things going. I will do anything I can to support. Even if that means doing my job from the sidelines."

You would never hear that from a Manning though.

That's pretty much what he said. Wow.

That's pretty much what he said. Wow.

Well just think of how much "game used" memorabilia he can sign now while sitting on the bench.

• Like 1

Well just think of how much "game used" memorabilia he can sign now while sitting on the bench.

well played sir...well played.

• McAdoo is toast, why piss off the fan base by benching the face of the franchise for a 2-9 record when it's not Eli's fault THEY HAVE NO FREAKIN RECEIVERS!!!
  • And the receivers they do have are 3rd in the league in dropped passes?! How the fock is that Eli's fault?
  • Eli's response to them offering to start is 13 year old girl'ish at best. He essentially said "If I can't play the whole game, then I don't want to bother" ???
  • Eli's fockin retarded. He should have said yes to the offer to start then unleashed wrath-of-god style vengeance by throwing 4 TD's in first freaking quarter then see if they bench him then.

This is just a desperate move from a coach who expects to get fired.

Nothing more.

Anyone who thinks Mcdoo is gonna be there next year may be drinking too much of the Kool-Aid.

Nothing more.

Anyone who thinks Mcdoo is gonna be there next year may be drinking too much of the Kool-Aid.

Many coaches whose team is 2-9 with a crappy starting QB make moves to change things up.

Nothing more.

it was initiated by the owner

it was initiated by the owner

It doesnt matter. Owner says changes need to be made, coach makes changes.

that's fine, but really the coach is hoping that the changes to be made dont include replacing him.

there was an interview today where the owner wouldnt guarantee the safety of the coaches job.

I think that says it all.

Troll on, trolly, troll on.

Troll on, trolly, troll on.

What does that even mean? I'm just saying, why do they even want that guy anymore? He's terrible and the Giants are going nowhere with him.

The Giants don't want Manning anymore just like manning didn't want San Diego in the draft. It's funny how things like that work in life.

What does that even mean? I'm just saying, why do they even want that guy anymore? He's terrible and the Giants are going nowhere with him.

The Giants don't want Manning anymore just like manning didn't want San Diego in the draft. It's funny how things like that work in life.

You said him being a Manning meant he would "never" do the right thing and show some class for the good of the team. Well, he did. Like he's done since he put on the uniform. You could have said my bad, good on ya Eli. You went another route. Like a troll.

You said him being a Manning meant he would "never" do the right thing and show some class for the good of the team. Well, he did. Like he's done since he put on the uniform. You could have said my bad, good on ya Eli. You went another route. Like a troll.

Sure. He brought tons of class to the team by evidence of his fake "game used" memorabilia signings. And name calling doesn't affect me dude.

He's just a bad QB who has thrown more interceptions than almost any QB in the league since 2009 and he is not being disrespected by the club or the coach by them sitting him down.

Sure. He brought tons of class to the team by evidence of his fake "game used" memorabilia signings. And name calling doesn't affect me dude.

He's just a bad QB who has thrown more interceptions than almost any QB in the league since 2009 and he is not being disrespected by the club or the coach by them sitting him down.

Doesn't look like that memorabilia claim has any credibility. But you go ahead and cling to that. Eli is a class act. Maybe the classiest superstar in the league.

Doesn't look like that memorabilia claim has any credibility. But you go ahead and cling to that. Eli is a class act. Maybe the classiest superstar in the league.

Superstar? At what? Since 2006 his QBR ranked him in the top 10 of QBs only four times (ranked 6, 7, 9, and 10). And in 2004 and 2005 he was worse in his overall stats.

In what universe is he considered a superstar? And how is he classy by ripping off NFL gear collectors?

Per ESPN his QB rating for the following years:

2017 - 42.7 #24 rated QB in the NFL

2016 - 45.7 #27

2015 - 57.9 #16

2014 - 61.0 #14

2013 - 38.6 #27

2012 - 65.2 #9

2011 - 64.2 #10

2010 - 57.7 #13

2009 - 71.7 #7

2008 - 66.9 #6

2007 - 52.0 #18

2006 - 48.6 #20

2004 and 2005 - didn't have QBR but he was worse than his later years

Tom Brady's lowest rank was #11. otherwise he was in top 5 the rest of the years. That is a superstar.

Right up there with Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer.

His two fourth quarter comebacks in the super bowl against the mighty Pats tell a different tale. And don't leave Tom Brady's first SB out of your Brad Johson/Dilfer comparison. They were better

His two fourth quarter comebacks in the super bowl against the mighty Pats tell a different tale. And don't leave Tom Brady's first SB out of your Brad Johson/Dilfer comparison. They were better

Sure, manning, johnson, and dilfer are all so much better than brady. Eli Manning stats suck except for a few games over 13 years. His team carried him most of the time when he actually had a few good games. Who is the guy that actually caught a crap pass from manning on the top of his helmet to save the game for him?

This is all pretty consistent with your take on manning.

I agree with you but remember - the QB gets ALL the credit when teams win and takes most of the fall if they lose. Its sucks and its not realistic at all but thats how people roll. Eli has had a terrific career and I hope he lands somewhere that needs a QB which right now is like 75% of the teams in the NFL. :)

Superstar? At what? Since 2006 his QBR ranked him in the top 10 of QBs only four times (ranked 6, 7, 9, and 10). And in 2004 and 2005 he was worse in his overall stats.

In what universe is he considered a superstar? And how is he classy by ripping off NFL gear collectors?

Per ESPN his QB rating for the following years:

2017 - 42.7 #24 rated QB in the NFL

2016 - 45.7 #27

2015 - 57.9 #16

2014 - 61.0 #14

2013 - 38.6 #27

2012 - 65.2 #9

2011 - 64.2 #10

2010 - 57.7 #13

2009 - 71.7 #7

2008 - 66.9 #6

2007 - 52.0 #18

2006 - 48.6 #20

2004 and 2005 - didn't have QBR but he was worse than his later years

Tom Brady's lowest rank was #11. otherwise he was in top 5 the rest of the years. That is a superstar.

I think there is only one stat that truly counts.

# of superbowl rings: 2

all the rest is crap for the media to manipulate and play with.

Sure, manning, johnson, and dilfer are all so much better than brady. Eli Manning stats suck except for a few games over 13 years. His team carried him most of the time when he actually had a few good games. Who is the guy that actually caught a crap pass from manning on the top of his helmet to save the game for him?

This is all pretty consistent with your take on manning.

His team carried him? In 2011 the NY Giants were the 25th ranked defense and last in rushing. Last. Meanwhile Eli was throwing for nearly 5k yards on the way to a title. Now just say "wow, I didn't realize that. Thanks HT, I won't walk around making that silly claim anymore"

Is getting benched something that can be added to his HOF resume? (note, that's sarcasm. I don't think he's an HOF candidate like some others do.)

Is getting benched something that can be added to his HOF resume? (note, that's sarcasm. I don't think he's an HOF candidate like some others do.)

Ask Joe Montana

Ask Joe Montana

Montana had a legit resume and was, at the time, considered one of the best - if not the best - QB ever. No one will ever make that claim about Eli

Montana had a legit resume and was, at the time, considered one of the best - if not the best - QB ever. No one will ever make that claim about Eli

He did get benched though. Like many others. I wonder why it's only held against Eli? Why not Unitas too? Bradshaw. And on and on.

He did get benched though. Like many others. I wonder why it's only held against Eli? Why not Unitas too? Bradshaw. And on and on.

Because those guys were "GREAT". Well, Montana and Unitas anyway... Eli is just "good". There's a huge difference.

Because those guys were "GREAT". Well, Montana and Unitas anyway... Eli is just "good". There's a huge difference.

No, we're talking about a QB being benched. Not who's great. Like Tarkenton, and Staubach and on and on. The point is, a guy being benched has zero to do with his standing. They all get old.

No, we're talking about a QB being benched. Not who's great. Like Tarkenton, and Staubach and on and on. The point is, a guy being benched has zero to do with his standing. They all get old.

Eli isn't "old" like those guys were. Those guys were "great" QB's who were literally done and had very little little left. Eli is a "good" QB, he's always been "good"... he still is. He can go elsewhere and have another 4 or 5 "good" seasons. None of those guys did.

Eli isn't "old" like those guys were. Those guys were "great" QB's who were literally done and had very little little left. Eli is a "good" QB, he's always been "good"... he still is. He can go elsewhere and have another 4 or 5 "good" seasons. None of those guys did.

Montana and Favre did. There are more. Time to re-evaluate your take here.

Montana and Favre did. There are more. Time to re-evaluate your take here.

Montana had 2 "meh" injury plagued seasons with KC after missing a full season in SF (not something that happened to Eli).

Favre had 1 horrible season in NY, followed by a good one and then another horrendous one in Minnesota.

I don't see why Eli wouldn't have another handful or more years of "good" play. He doesn't look done.

Also, in both of their cases, their teams had legitimate candidates to move on to. That's not the case with the Giants. I don't remember this part, you may, but wasn't Favre about to enter the last year of his contract just like Aaron Rodgers? I think I remember the Packers having to make the decision between Rodgers and Favre.

Montana had 2 "meh" injury plagued seasons with KC after missing a full season in SF (not something that happened to Eli).

Favre had 1 horrible season in NY, followed by a good one and then another horrendous one in Minnesota.

I don't see why Eli wouldn't have another handful or more years of "good" play. He doesn't look done.

Also, in both of their cases, their teams had legitimate candidates to move on to. That's not the case with the Giants. I don't remember this part, you may, but wasn't Favre about to enter the last year of his contract just like Aaron Rodgers? I think I remember the Packers having to make the decision between Rodgers and Favre.

The Giants spent a third round pick on a QB last year and plan to give him time.

The Giants spent a third round pick on a QB last year and plan to give him time.

We'll see how that goes. To note, in both the SF and GB situations, they had 1st round picks ready to step in that second. Apparently, that's not the case in NY. Also, the Giants don't "have to" do this. Both Eli and Davis have plenty years left on their contracts. What good comes from Geno Smith? None. Nothing at all. If they're going to make the move, then go to the kid. If not, keep Eli in there.