Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Since 2001 the Patriots have been home underdogs 6 times.

They are +3 1/2 this week.

They are 4 and 2 in those games, 5 and 1 using the spread.

I see an epic beatdown coming down on the Pats :dunno:

Yea me too. Pats are not slowing Manning down one bit while the Denver D can def do some damage.

The fact that this game is in Foxborro is the only thing that makes me think the Pats have even a slight chance of winning.

Well that and the fact that Brady has been on fire since the KC beat down, but that's sorta cancelled out by Peyton Manning being Peyton Manning.

I do see a Denver victory though. I think it'll be one of those games where the final score is reasonably close but there was no question who was in control the whole game.

After the quarterbacks cancel each other I think you have to start canceling out other positions too just to get a better idea. It'll help with your roster.

I see a new england victory 45-44

count on it.

Nobody is beating Denver NOBODY.

just like last year? the greatest offense in the history of the nfl.

any given sunday.

They are +3 1/2 this week.

They are 4 and 2 in those games, 5 and 1 using the spread.

It's going to be fun

Last year Bellicheck let Denver run the ball all they wanted, and it took that dope Fox (and overrated offensive genius Peyton) 2/12 qtrs before they realized they were being rope a doped. Knowshon ran all over them. Just like Bill wanted. I wonder what trick he has up his sleeve this time.

Last year Bellicheck let Denver run the ball all they wanted, and it took that dope Fox (and overrated offensive genius Peyton) 2/12 qtrs before they realized they were being rope a doped. Knowshon ran all over them. Just like Bill wanted. I wonder what trick he has up his sleeve this time.

ware, talib and e sanders

Do any of NEs skill players even start in DENs lineup? Gronk over J Thomas maybe?

How about Defense? What NE defenders start in DENs lineup? Revis.... and... Hightower?

on paper, NE has no chance.

I'll take Brady&Belichick all day in that situation.

Do any of NEs skill players even start in DENs lineup? Gronk over J Thomas maybe?

How about Defense? What NE defenders start in DENs lineup? Revis.... and... Hightower?

on paper, NE has no chance.

I'll take Brady&Belichick all day in that situation.

Well of course you would

Seattle did it too, so did the Jets and Chargers. But the defense that tries this has to have a secondary that Manning respects. Thing is, it's Manning who doesn't like throwing into bad matchups. If he doesn't see what he wants he will hand off. The Pats have a better secondary now than last year, I think we see a similar result unless the Pats jump all over the Broncos and Manning is forced to throw. Of course a slow night for Manning is 3 TDs and 30 points, but the Pats at home could outscore them.

Nobody is beating Denver/Colts/Manning NOBODY.

:lol:

Yeah, never heard that before

:lol:

that's relevant

It's relevant in that no one gave New England a chance.

Smart money is on the Pats...

"Broncos -3.5 at Patriots

We discussed this a few weeks ago when Cincy was a favorite in New England, but the Pats don’t get points at home very often. They were 2-point dogs at home against these Broncos last season, and scrapped to a 34-31 win. Since Tom Brady took over for Drew Bledsoe back in 2001, New England is 9-1 ATS as a home dog. But even that doesn’t do this rarity justice – since the start of the 2006 season, the Pats have been underdogs at home only twice, the aforementioned games vs. the Bengals and Broncos. Denver backers could find -3 at William Hill on Sunday night for next week’s affair."

http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/nfl/2014-10-26/nfl-week-9-betting-lines-point-spreads-odds-broncos-patriots-las-vegas

The Pats beat the Broncos last year in NE.

That's a good point. Why are these in season matchups always in NE? Two years in a row seems fishy. Is it the NFLs way of trying to make a game out of it? Or is it just similar to spygate in that the league is in the Patriots back pocket?

that's relevant

I think its very relevant since last years Broncos were the BEST OFFENSE EVER.

More imortant is why the hell didnt they make this a primetime game?!

I think its very relevant since last years Broncos were the BEST OFFENSE EVER.

More imortant is why the hell didnt they make this a primetime game?!

Great question.

They could have, but they didn't want to? odd.

Great question.

They could have, but they didn't want to? odd.

I wondered the same thing, wtf...

Please provide Pre and Post spygate numbers.

Since Spygate: 09/07/2007

Brady: 4 Wins + 1 More after this weekend

Manning: 1 Win

Better win percentage post Spygate than before. Advantage Brady.

Snow forecast for the game.

I remember Brady having an amazing game in the snow a year or two ago.

The Broncos struggle mightily against tes so expect a big night from Gronk

A few weeks ago the so called "dynasty" is over and now it's a guaranteed Pats win... LMAO!

Someone please bring back the "Patriots Dynasty is Over" thread... It showed a much more appealing side to the Pat Lovers Fan Club!

I see an epic beatdown coming down on the Pats :dunno:

Yea me too. Pats are not slowing Manning down one bit while the Denver D can def do some damage.

REVERSE THIS:

I see a epic beatdown coming down on the Broncos

Pats by 17

if NE wins this game, they have to do it with savvy. DEN simply has the better horses for the race.

Chandler Jones was NE's best pass rusher and he's out. NE can not blitz Manning - he'll kill them - they have to get pressure with their front 4 (and that would be hard to do even with Jones).

Revis and Browner are also big adds for NE this season. They can make a difference. Browner seems specifically chosen by NE as the guy that can matchup with Juluis Thomas - and Revis typically plays his best against the best WRs (Demarius).

But that still leaves Sanders, Welker, and DEN's running game for the rest of NE's defense to deal with without Jerod Mayo.

Will NE resort to zone coverages b/c they can't matchup one v one across the board?

The only reasons to believe NE could win this game are really all 'non-football", "peripheral" factors: NE is home, maybe some weather, Brady/Belichick.

If this game was in DEN or even at a neutral site, DEN would (and should) be a huge favorite.

Wes Welker has 6+ receptions and 2 TD's. He's due for Peyton to look his way.

Vareen has 8 receptions (big game fantasy wise) due to Denver pass rush.

Close game but to much Denver. 31 - 24 Broncos.

• Like 1