Sign in to follow this  
KryptonKnights

++ UPDATE - Keenan Allen Active

How serious is his groin injury? He finally gets a good matchup and should have the kind of game we drafted him for and now he is limited by a groin pull. He is my best option at flex if he is healthy this weekend. He has been a disapointment so far but that is due more to the brutal schedule of DBs he has had to face to start the season. I knew that when I drafted him and had other options to lean on. Now however injuries to a couple of those players have pushed me to need him at flex. I really would prefer to start him over the likes of Toby Gerhart, Matt Asiata or Golden Tate. If Allen is healthy. I see he participated in practice but I hate the risk associated with a groin issue and a receiver. Anyone know how he looked in practice Friday?

jeez, Stafford might throw for 500 yds tomorrow ... rather have a piece of that than Phil's 200-250 yds in a tight, ball control defensive struggle.

• Like 1

True, i'll just avoid the risk of Allen coming up lame in the first quarter and roll with Golden. Keenan just stays under wraps another week. I still hope he has a decent game even if its on my bench. I want to see life from the guy.

I have Allen in for now, along with Tate and Cooks. May switch him out for Benjamin.

Guess I have to now but I had Allen for a big game this week.

• Like 1

I had him set for his breakout game this week too. I never like to hear groin or hamstring when it is about a wide receiver. I would rather he didn't even play if he has a problem so he can heal up.

also chance of being wet in Buffalo tomorrow as well.

Big storm forecasted? If so I move Allen down and Brown up along with Chargers D

? I haven't seen any indication this week that his injury is anything but light. If he plays you play him. He had two of the hardest matchups possible the first two weeks and still had ten catches. Chargers are ready to force this dude the ball.

3rd rnd here too, I'm not worried at all yet. Predictable wk1 and played well albeit with few stats vs Sherman wk 2. When it benefits the chargers to attack with the wrs he will have some nice games.

? I haven't seen any indication this week that his injury is anything but light. If he plays you play him. He had two of the hardest matchups possible the first two weeks and still had ten catches. Chargers are ready to force this dude the ball.

He started off on the injury report w/ ribs and the Friday injury report showed groin. I'm still waiting for an update this morning on whether he'll be in, but even if he is I might not start him.

Yeah, I saw the report too, but he still practiced. I guess it's a thing to watch but if he's in, you'd have to have a lot of better options to sit him.

Yeah, I saw the report too, but he still practiced. I guess it's a thing to watch but if he's in, you'd have to have a lot of better options to sit him.

He's in my flex right now. I have Montee Ball, Shane Vereen, Brandin Cooks and now Alfred Blue that I could potentially find merit to start over him.

He's active, and the Chargers left their 5th WR (Inman) inactive. So if they've only got 4 receivers active today, it's hard to imagine them expecting any problems with Allen.

I will go with Keenan in my line-up.

Yes, there's rain. But these are football players. And he is the key to their offense.

Crossing my fingers

8 targets, 6 catches, 88 yds and a TD.

Just checked the weather.

Rain looks to be mostly diminished. Just 5-15% chance.

Winds 15-20mph.

Looks to me to be a beautiful to throw the ball downfield.

Go Keenan!

Wheather doesn't look like a factor anymore. Thought I had my mind up here to put him on the bench. Now I'm thinking of plugging him in over Maclin or Jeffery. Argh! I hate last minute flopping!

Wheather doesn't look like a factor anymore. Thought I had my mind up here to put him on the bench. Now I'm thinking of plugging him in over Maclin or Jeffery. Argh! I hate last minute flopping!

Me too. It's so aggravating!!!!! I'm going to leave Allen in this week. Played arguably the best two corners in the league last 2 weeks. Didn't "expose" Sherman as he said but wasn't completely shut down either. This is his opportunity to shine.

was an easy bust prediction, even as a Charger fan

I didn't like him at his adp but why did you predict bust?

because of his ADP, The Chargers were predicted to run a control type offense, which we have seen so far, adding Donald Brown into the mix. A healthy return of Floyd, Gates fully healthy, and expected a larger role from Green is why

I thought he should be around 70 or so ADP not top 40

I had him set for his breakout game this week too. I never like to hear groin or hamstring when it is about a wide receiver. I would rather he didn't even play if he has a problem so he can heal up.

Except that this never happens in the NFL.

Oddly enough I drafted him even though I thought he was likely a bust as well. He was the only healthy receiver last year. This year he's just another option. Add to the fact that Rivers doesn't throw for more than 8 yards down field and Antonio "Ponce de Leon" Gates wont die doesnt leave a whole lot for Allen.

Oddly enough I drafted him even though I thought he was likely a bust as well. He was the only healthy receiver last year. This year he's just another option. Add to the fact that Rivers doesn't throw for more than 8 yards down field and Antonio "Ponce de Leon" Gates wont die doesnt leave a whole lot for Allen.

yah those 2 49 yard bombs to Floyd verify that, as well as the 20 yards passes to Green as well.

Chargers just pick their shots, and deep downfield isnt going to be Allen at all

I honestly thought Keenan should be in the Decker, Sanders, Wallace range, rather than in the Vjax, Andre, Harvin, Patterson segment

I thought allen was active

I thought allen was active

You're dumb if you started him

I started Garcon over Allen :clap:

You're dumb if you started him

I started Garcon over Allen :clap:

He was a draft avoid for me so I don't own him in any leagues.

If he fails to break out against the Jaguars this week, it's full on panic mood for me. Have him in three leagues.

It's going to be extra painful if he's a bust because I was offered Antonio Brown for him, Joique Bell, and Terrance Williams.

because of his ADP, The Chargers were predicted to run a control type offense, which we have seen so far, adding Donald Brown into the mix. A healthy return of Floyd, Gates fully healthy, and expected a larger role from Green is why

I thought he should be around 70 or so ADP not top 40

Not saying you didn't say this, but I'd love for you to bump the thread where you told us all.

• Like 1