Sign in to follow this  
joneo

St. Patty's Day plans

Anybody got a good alternative st Pattys day food recipe?

I like the ol corned beef and cabbage (add in some potatoes too) for traditions sake but I find that my coworkers and family do not appreciate the ensuing days of flatulence.

I assume the cabbage is the main offender so do folks have something else they like to do with corned beef?

Or a different recipe altogether like shepherds pie?

I got the young kids so something with 50 ingredients or hours spent over a stove will not work (Im looking at you bier)

I like the ol corned beef and cabbage (add in some potatoes too) for traditions sake but I find that my coworkers and family do not appreciate the ensuing days of flatulence.

I assume the cabbage is the main offender so do folks have something else they like to do with corned beef?

I got the young kids so something with 50 ingredients or hours spent over a stove will not work (Im looking at you bier)

It's not very Irish but, I like Mac and Cheese with Corned Beef.

Kid friendly too. I like it :cheers:

You could always skip the cabbage and just go with corned beef and potatoes.

I make a CB&C pizza. I use a mustard sauce instead of a traditional pizza sauce. Add the cabbage after the pie is cooked. Still haven't found a good way to incorporate potatoes though. :(

It sounds weird but people like it. :dunno:

That actually sounds pretty good. :thumbsup:

I'd go with a reuben,mine must have the sauerkraut though.

I'd go with a reuben,mine must have the sauerkraut though.

Sauerkraut is a deal breaker for me. Not sure why as I am a pretty adventurous eater but Ive just never been able to stomach it. I think its the smell

Sauerkraut is a deal breaker for me. Not sure why as I am a pretty adventurous eater but Ive just never been able to stomach it. I think its the smell

I hear that a lot but on a reuben :wub:

I can see that. I grew up in a Polish cuisine so I'm used to various smellifications of cabbage. For Christmas we always had a cabbage soup which was gawd-awful; my parents made me stomach a spoonful because it was tradition.

I don't mind a touch of sauerkraut on a reuben though. :dunno:

I don't mind a touch of sauerkraut on a reuben though. :dunno:

Or a Nathan's hot dog with spicy mustard and onions :thumbsup:

Same thing I do the other 364 days of the year to celebrate being Irish, drink whiskey.

I doubt either is true

Well, you would be wrong, something you are very familiar with.

Sure. What County?

:rolleyes:

Seriously man, WTF is wrong with you?

Nothing. Just wondering what county your people hail from. It's not a big thing.

For those that like Ruben's, try them with kimchi instead. :thumbsup:

Nothing. Just wondering what county your people hail from. It's not a big thing.

Yes, it's clearly no big thing, that;s why you claimed I was making it up. :lol:

Yes, it's clearly no big thing, that;s why you claimed I was making it up. :lol:

Well, if you weren't making it up you would have quickly answered. It's not a difficult question and if you were of Irish lineage you would know. You don't, obv. Erin Go Bragh.

Well, if you weren't making it up you would have quickly answered. It's not a difficult question and if you were of Irish lineage you would know. You don't, obv. Erin Go Bragh.

Or I don't know, because I never asked,being that I'm third generation, you clown. Just hysterical you think someone would lie about being Irish...its such a rare thing. :lol:

Or I don't know, because I never asked,being that I'm third generation, you clown. Just hysterical you think someone would lie about being Irish...its such a rare thing. :lol:

Lol. Too easy. Pog Mo Thoin.

i have options:

1) free danky corned beef and cabbage at my fav bar

2) folf skins tourney

3) canadian cribbage tourney

im torn. :dunno:

I prefer Erin Go Bra...less.

Also, I do not boil my corned beef. I'll rinse it off and wrap it in tinfoil and place it on a rack on a cookie sheet. 325 for around 4 to 6 hours depending on size.

Cool, well done, whatever you think you have done. :rolleyes:

Also, there are seven types of whiskey, Irish being just one of them. So it's not just an Irish thing to drink whiskey. An Irishman like yourself shouid know this stuff. Slainte'

Also, there are seven types of whiskey, Irish being just one of them. So it's not just an Irish thing to drink whiskey. An Irishman like yourself shouid know this stuff. Slainte'

Cool, thanks, I'll be sure to update my list of "Things I should know according to HT". :lol:

Cool, thanks, I'll be sure to update my list of "Things I should according to HT". :lol:

Away with ye, bogtrotter

Holy sh1t this dude is pathetic :(

Have you looked up what the legal definition of prostitution is yet, counselor? Lol

HT was here through the 3-4 est hour when hes supposedly picking up his 4 y/o up from her elite pre K a half hour drive away. As usual. :cheers:

HT was here through the 3-4 est hour when hes supposedly picking up his 4 y/o up from her elite pre K a half hour drive away. As usual. :cheers:

Whoa...are you IRISH enough to be using the :cheers: emoji???? Explain your bonafides!!! :mad:

Whoa...are you IRISH enough to be using the :cheers: emoji???? Explain your bonafides!!! :mad:

Im gonna need the name of the exact spring your relatives used to fetch water from and how many dandelions pepper the rolling hills nearby. Any Irishman worth a blarney knows that info.

• Like 2

Corned Beef is Pastramis ugly sister. Boiling meat should be illegal.

Amen brutha. Its focking gaglaeic

Really? I said she gets home at 330. You're such a fockin liar. What a POS

One year Im gonna hit up Savannah, GA since they have a big Irish festival there for St Patricks day

Have you looked up what the legal definition of prostitution is yet, counselor? Lol

Yeah I did and you are totally right.

Focking some woman and then paying her $130,000 definitely isnt even close!

Boy is my face red :(