Sign in to follow this  
Captain Goomy Noomy Roo

Cadet

Outlook MUCH improved with the news of Robinson out. Starting as flex.

6 receptions-68 yards

That sounds about right but I think he's got a real good shot at one score. So in PPR he's a nice flex start for sure. In standard leagues I think he out scores Cooks or at least gets more touches. Keep waiting for Cooks to get free and bust a long TD but hasn't happened.

I had him and waived him in PPR like 2 weeks ago. The guy that picked him up plays me this week, and I still think it's hard to start him. Even in PPR, if you have good backs already ... hard even to flex this guy, and that's why I waived him.

His floor is too low. Still not enough touches.

I had him and waived him in PPR like 2 weeks ago. The guy that picked him up plays me this week, and I still think it's hard to start him. Even in PPR, if you have good backs already ... hard even to flex this guy, and that's why I waived him.

His floor is too low. Still not enough touches.

.. had 9 targets last week, went 6/61 with them.

that's 12 ppr, which is none too shabby :dunno:

as i said in an earlier thread, Payton will run his scripted offense, and this kid IS now PT .... simple enough. Ingram/Khiry are no threat to Cadet's role, he will get that ppr/checkdown/screen/dumpoff burn. bank on that.

a gimpy Graham helps him more, and you can be sure it will be a shootout Sunday night ... this kid will get his :music_guitarred:

.. had 9 targets last week, went 6/61 with them.

that's 12 ppr, which is none too shabby :dunno:

as i said in an earlier thread, Payton will run his scripted offense, and this kid IS now PT .... simple enough. Ingram/Khiry are no threat to Cadet's role, he will get that ppr/checkdown/screen/dumpoff burn. bank on that.

a gimpy Graham helps him more, and you can be sure it will be a shootout Sunday night ... this kid will get his :music_guitarred:

100% agree......GB is ranked 31st vs the rush, Cadet posted decent numbers last 3-weeks even with Thomas in the lineup ...If Saints fall behind in a shootout, forget Ingram and a cloud of dust, Cadet will be more involved in a all out air-show...........Cadet is one of the best waiver-wire pickups this week.....

Many of you guys assume all leagues have 1 point per reception, but many leagues have .5 per reception and of course many leagues are standard, which I think is better because what good is a reception without any yards?

Nevertheless, the logic here is that the way Green Bay is playing, they may abandon the run quickly and use Cadet more in check downs. Even without the points per reception he will get the yards, in fact as many yards catching as many get rushing. As always, the question remains- will he go to the house with one or more of these catches or draws? I think he can because G B is soft here. Looking at this from another perspective, he is more valuable this week than most back up runners like Jeremy Hill, Randle, or even Starks.

He should be good for 70 yards and the possibility of a TD is there. If you are weak at the flex, he certainly looks better and safer than guys like Hunter, Cooks, and even Reuben Randle.

Many of you guys assume all leagues have 1 point per reception, but many leagues have .5 per reception and of course many leagues are standard, which I think is better because what good is a reception without any yards?

- i am always sure to point out PPR delineation in my chatting up of players ... all 3 leagues i'm in are PPR, so there ya go.

guys who play in different scoring systems need to adjust projections/production accordingly ... i think we all realize that uniform scoring parameters are not a given across the board :thumbsup:

What if you had minus one per reception, that way a guy wouldn't get any points unless it was over ten yards? Would that suit your fancy?

I would totally play that, but my league is PPR and like I said, my opponent is not likely to start him. He wouldn't make my starting lineup, either. How could it get any better for him than this week?

That's why I waived him.

What if you had both Ingram and Cadet in PPR..Who do you start?

I'm in the same circumstance. I have Ingram in now but I may switch over.

Cade'ts floor seems a little higher as he's likely to secure some catches but Ingram is likely get early down work and could secure a few of his own...and probably any goal line.

Tough call for sure.

The saints just may try to play clock control with ingram to keep rogers off the field. I doubt it matters though since as soon as the packers get the ball they are going to score. Stupid fudge packers and their fudge packery way.

Not sure it's the right call but I'm sticking with Ingram. They will try and keep the packers off the field and he's a better TD bet.

If they fall behind big though that'll likely be all cadet. Game flow may determine this one.

For my flex, I need to choose between Cadet or Forsett tomorrow in my PPR... I can visualize Forsett getting more touches and more yards, but for some strange reason, I visualize Cadet turning a short screen pass into a TD in the 3rd quarter (I got this Darren Sproles flashback going in my mind)... Leaning towards Cadet... I'll sleep on it.

For my flex, I need to choose between Cadet or Forsett tomorrow in my PPR... I can visualize Forsett getting more touches and more yards, but for some strange reason, I visualize Cadet turning a short screen pass into a TD in the 3rd quarter (I got this Darren Sproles flashback going in my mind)... Leaning towards Cadet... I'll sleep on it.

that's a tough one, can't believe i'm saying that. I think after seeing forsett continually get pulled at the GL i'd almost lean cadet here. though cadet could face a similar problem with ingram. dam. prob what pushes me over the edge is the likelihood of a much higher scoring game with NO/GB than bmore/cincy.

I benched Gio for him. Hoping for a shoot out tonite and wasn't feeling the matchup for Gio today.

This was a game-flow problem. Who would have expected GB to be blown out and NO have to run Ingram down their throat all night.

I have always hated messing with Sean Payton RB's. He gave Cadet one touch in the second half....even when the game was outta hand. Ridiculous.

Pretty rediculous that 2nd half. I thought after the first half he was headed toward a solid game then he managed to end up with less points than he had with more backs to compete with. Its odd he never gets carries only catches. Will likely drop him this week.

just realized the saints play on Thursday@Carolina. maybe that's why they were limiting cadet in the 2nd half so he's fresh? perhaps they plan on using him more Thursday. though it would have made more sense to rest ingram in that 2nd half rather than cadet. unless they plan on a different gameplan against Carolina that would include less ground and pound? I think I may hold and perhaps flex cadet for this week's game with Thomas/robinson out again.

Dropped Cadet for Randle tonight. If Murray stays healthy, I'll swap back again. I also think the saints were kinda saving Cadet for Thursday. But I've been wrong a lot this year

just realized the saints play on Thursday@Carolina. maybe that's why they were limiting cadet in the 2nd half so he's fresh? perhaps they plan on using him more Thursday. though it would have made more sense to rest ingram in that 2nd half rather than cadet. unless they plan on a different gameplan against Carolina that would include less ground and pound? I think I may hold and perhaps flex cadet for this week's game with Thomas/robinson out again.

I don't know... I would be resting Ingram if I was resting someone...

my takeaway is that the saints offense has a runnig role and a pass recieving back role... cadet is a receiver and not much more.

Shiiit look at Ingrams games this year: when he plays he is a boss

What if you had minus one per reception, that way a guy wouldn't get any points unless it was over ten yards?.

Ohhh, I like it... I like it!!

Anyone starting Cadet? I either have to start him, Gray, or pick up Rainey.

Picking up Rainey would mean dropping Cadet or Gray. Thought?

Pierre and Khiry are both inactive and cadet should be well rested due to lack of use in the 2nd half sunday night. Carolina giving up a lot of points to rbs esp pass catching backs.

Pierre and Khiry are both inactive and cadet should be well rested due to lack of use in the 2nd half sunday night. Carolina giving up a lot of points to rbs esp pass catching backs.

Basically relying on him for catches, and it is a PPR which is the only reason considering starting him. Have a feeling Ingram will get the bulk of the work again. Tough call on what to do.

So glad I dropped him after I bought in last week & started in my flex......and then he cost me the game last week by .06 points. Sean Payton has a woody for Ingram right now, and why not? He is running like an animal. Cadet, talent notwithstanding, is an afterthought...even with Pierre and Khiry out.

So glad I dropped him after I bought in last week & started in my flex......and then he cost me the game last week by .06 points. Sean Payton has a woody for Ingram right now, and why not? He is running like an animal. Cadet, talent notwithstanding, is an afterthought...even with Pierre and Khiry out.

baffling his usage. got more work when they had more rb's available. I've had no fortune at all with waiver rbs.