Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Sarah Palin launches internet channel

In what is the perfect marriage of medium and message, Sarah Palin has finally found a home for her political opinions in Internet video logs, which she will publish on her very own SarahPalinChannel.com. Launched this past Sunday night, the digital network promises to cover “the important issues facing the nation,” and how Barack Obama is getting each and every one of them wrong. It will also, at last, allow Sarah Palin to speak her mind freely, without the limitations that have apparently been placed on her until now.

“Are ya tired of the media filters? Well I am. I always have been,” Palin says of the gatekeepers of filtered, lamestream news organizations who sift through her comments, looking for those few damning paragraphs of quotes, or alternately, give her a nightly spot to make more of them. “I want to talk directly to you on our channel, on my terms—and no need to please the powers that be,” says the former governor and vice-presidential candidate, whose commitment to challenging the status quo has long been on display, in TV settings that are already predisposed to her views, and now on an entire Internet channel where she will face no chance of counterpoint.

“Together, we’ll go beyond the sound bites,” says the woman whose entire political persona is based on short, bumper sticker-friendly catchphrases, and whose first video repeats the “hopey-changey” refrain she’s used for four years now. Palin also vows to “cut through the media’s politically correct filter,” which have too long prevented the sort of open, adult discussion Sarah Palin plans to have.

The website for Palin’s unbiased website dedicated to “work[ing] toward solutions” has a ticker that counts the days left in Obama’s administration. It also features a sample video, “We Can’t Be Afraid Of The Scary ‘I’ Word,’” in which Palin lays out the case for Obama’s impeachment through a distorted, mono mic (likely all that she could afford, after Obama gave all the good American mics to illegals), and compares the nation under Obama to a “battered wife” crying, “No mas!”

In case you’re worried that the channel will be dominated by this sort of dry, thoughtful analysis, don’t worry; there some silly things on Sarah Palin’s Channel too. “We’ll also share some of the…. fun that goes on in the Palin household,” Palin haltingly promises in the trailer, before delivering with a shot of her rinsing a salad. The site also has a “Sally’s Word Of The Day” column, from Palin’s “Scrabble-obsessed Mom and her friends,” which will broaden your vocabulary with new words that can be employed in your own diatribes. (Today’s word is “rectitude,” which is defined as “the quality of being honest and morally correct.”)

Palin also touts that the Sarah Palin Channel, despite its breadth of Sarah Palin content, is really about you, promising subscribers the chance to submit her questions and participate in online chats. “That’s what I’m most anxious about,” Palin says, in what some might call a Freudian slip.

Subscription to the Sarah Palin Channel is $9.95 per month or $99.95 for the entire year (or however long Palin sticks with it). Meanwhile, reading Internet comments about “liberals” is still free everywhere.

http://www.avclub.com/article/sarah-palin-launches-her-own-internet-channel-fina-207437

:lol: :overhead:

Good for her. Real woman right there

:lol:

Does the subscription come with a lobotomy kit?

Looks like at least one geek got his already.

War on women much ?

You know an actual self made woman.

Why do liberals hate women who've made their own way :dunno:

Looks like at least one geek got his already.

Yup...

:first:

If you haven't had one already, it's just something that happens to viewers over time.

• Like 1

She's a moron, but if she can make a few bucks by people subscribing.. Who really gives a

She's a moron, but if she can make a few bucks by people subscribing.. Who really gives a ######

Am I allowed to keep laughing at the people who listen to this dumb slut?

She's a moron, but if she can make a few bucks by people subscribing.. Who really gives a ######

People who pay to listen to her should be disqualified from voting.

Am I allowed to keep laughing at the people who listen to this dumb slut?

We all do, but they won't go away, so if she can pad her pocket, more power to her.

Every politician is just a slut for the money, whether it be by a book or whatnot, they're all just going to find a way to make a few bucks. There hasn't been an altruistic person in DC in decades.

• Like 1

People who pay to listen to her should be disqualified from voting.

Same for the people who pay to listen to Obama.

Both extremes should be shot, let the middle vote, they seem to be the most reasonable

We all do, but they won't go away, so if she can pad her pocket, more power to her.

Every politician is just a slut for the money, whether it be by a book or whatnot, they're all just going to find a way to make a few bucks. There hasn't been an altruistic person in DC in decades.

Using words like "altruistic" doesn't offset the use of "whatnot", the word of the idiot...

I can see accidentally saying it, but typing it?

Using words like "altruistic" doesn't offset the use of "whatnot", the word of the idiot...

I can see accidentally saying it, but typing it?

Go fvck yourself.

Go fvck yourself.

If you can only think of a curse word to express what you're feeling perhaps you need to develop more of a vocabulary...

Just saying...

Even if you agree with the jingoistic pablum she serves up, how could you ever want her as your mouthpiece? She is far too scatterbrained. She reminds me of an awkward middle-schooler trying to give a presentation in front of class.

If you can only think of a curse word to express what you're feeling perhaps you need to develop more of a vocabulary...

Just saying...

Perhaps the guy who thinks cutting and pasting is the same as original thought shouldn't be criticizing others' vocabulary skills considering that he has yet to prove that he has those skills himself.

Perhaps the guy who thinks cutting and pasting is the same as original thought shouldn't be criticizing others' vocabulary skills considering that he has yet to prove that he has those skills himself.

I cut-and-paste the article for two reasons along with the link for two reasons...

1. The site could be blocked for the person clicking on the link...

2. The other site could scrub old information making the link dead... By providing the article with the link, one can still read what the link had went to...

Also, I never claimed that it was my original thoughts, I was just providing the information...

I cut-and-paste the article for two reasons along with the link for two reasons...

1. The site could be blocked for the person clicking on the link...

2. The other site could scrub old information making the link dead... By providing the article with the link, one can still read what the link had went to...

Also, I never claimed that it was my original thoughts, I was just providing the information...

The fact that you never comment on your cut and pastes proves my assertion.

I am delivering the news and one does not show their views and beliefs when delivering the news...

Posty = Phufur :o

I am delivering the news and one does not show their views and beliefs when delivering the news...

Really?

One doesn't give an opinion about what one is posting?

You aren't some news source, its ok to give your views and beliefs.

BTW...the use of "one" in this instance is worse than focking whatnot or altruistic.