Sign in to follow this  
dave32

Which QB are you targeting after the 5th round?

Let's exclude the top 5 QBs from this discussion. Luck, Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Wilson, and Brees are all gonna go too high. I mean if Luck is still there in the 4th round, by all means, but it's not gonna happen. Let's also exclude Big Ben, as his ESPN ADP is 50 right now, which is way too high.

After that, there's a bunch of the same. Newton, Romo, Matty Ice, Stafford, Rivers, Brady, etc.

I've kinda been liking Tannehill and Eli Manning. Both are usually available after the 10th round. Tannehill still growing and getting better, plus his legs are a huge plus. Manning doesn't have any legs, but he's gotta a couple of good pass catching RBs (Jennings and Vereen), plus you gotta love ODB/Cruz, not to mention Donnell is a huge red zone target.

So which QB do you have your eye on?

Spot on with Tannehill... but I think the name to win with is Newton. Never, ever, rely on Eli. ever.

jdon

Depends on the type of league , I'm also in some two starting qb leagues so that makes drafting a qb earlier even more important. And that's why I love two starting qb leagues it adds another element to the draft .

In a one starting qb league after you removed the top six qbs I like Ryan and Newton .

Ryan hurt me last year, but that was with Julio Jones out. I think he's the guy you go after. Tannenhill has too many changes on offense to be as trustworthy as last year. I don't trust Cam Newton either. Ugh..

Don't be so quick to write off Bens adp. There's a good chance that team leads the league in offense. That said, I'll take Tom Brady and pair him with a guy like Rivers or tabby or whoever has a soft schedule while he's out crying over his spilled milk.

Tom Brady with Jameis Winston to hold you over until suspension is done

- Matt Ryan's schedule looks dreamy, and i think Julio has that blockbuster year, finally ending up wr1 for the season :thumbsup:

he's been available as late as round 8 in most mocks i've been doing, but mostly snagging him by round 7 ... it's a Cam/Ben/Ryan tier after the top 5 (Luck/Rodgers/Wilson/Brees/Peyton) are gone.

as far as Brady goes, why not just take the flyer on Jimmeen Garafolo to keep the seat warm? :dunno:

hell, you just know hoodie will have that kid ready to go right out the gate :cheers:

Ryan hurt me last year, but that was with Julio Jones out. I think he's the guy you go after. Tannenhill has too many changes on offense to be as trustworthy as last year. I don't trust Cam Newton either. Ugh..

Julio didnt miss any games last year.

- missed week 15, the semis ... cost me the title :dunno:

he got hurt late in the Packer game week 14, after ripping them for 12/259/1 ... sat for the last 5 or so minutes, and missed the next week.

in the game Julio missed, Ryan went 26/37/310/2/1 vs. Stillers ... really can't slam that production, but if he had Julio in there the numbers would've been through the roof :dunno:

dude chucked for 4.700 and 28 last year ... dome, friendly schedule this year ... lots to like here, and definitely worth the reach if need be.

- missed week 15, the semis ... cost me the title :dunno:

he got hurt late in the Packer game week 14, after ripping them for 12/259/1 ... sat for the last 5 or so minutes, and missed the next week.

Whoops. Didnt see week 14 was missing from his game logs. Usually there is a 0 next to that weeks stats

Watch Andy Dalton come in and scat all over you guys qb rankings. Year before last lit it up, has all his weapons back healthy and run game better than its ever been for him.

Yeah why take a QB early. I like most of these later guys. Eli had some sick stats late last year like 12 TD, 3 INT in the last 6 games. I wouldn't be scared. It's year two in this system. Eli had 29 TD's with 9 picks if you take away the 49er game. He also had 5 300 yard games.

Brady roll the dice and take Bradford, Bridgewater or even Dalton later.

Tanneyhill young with upside.

Stafford also year two with the new coordinator and supposedly a healthy Calvin, year 2 for Tate and year 2 with Ebron.

I believe with most of these guys take one in say the 9th and one in the 10th or 11th.

Stafford: Tends to alternate good and bad years. A bad 2014 could make for a good value in 2015.

Romo: I don't think they can rely on the run as much as they did last year.

Tannehill: May not have the upside of others, but has been a sneakily viable QB1 the past couple years. Should do no worse this year.

Cutler: Probably won't repeat last year, but should do better than his ADP, which is as the 22nd QB.

Deep sleepers:

Dalton: Had his worst year as a professional QB last year. I think he can bounce back.

Winston: I think he busts hard as an NFL QB. But he has big, talented WRs and TE, a suspect running game, and a craptacular defense. He'll need to throw to have a chance at winning. Much better in leagues that don't penalize INTs.

I like the Matts. Stafford and Ryan. Also think Dalton will be sneaky this year as a backup BUT he will be limited in that offense.

I believe Bradford is a great pick as late as he is going. He should be a great fit in that offense. I know he can't always stay healthy but isn't he due to make it through a season?

Philly QB's have been fantasy relevant actually averaging top 5-6 in scoring since Chip took over I saw somewhere. How do you go wrong with this 11th round pick?

I plan on going QB/QB in most of my drafts in rounds 8-9, 9-10 or 10-11 depending on when I need to pull the trigger.

Brady, Stafford, Eli, Tanneyhill, Rivers and Bradford. Give me 2 of those I will be fine. That loads me up with 4 RB's, 3-4 WR's and a TE.

Holy crap that was two years ago already.

Had him last year too and I felt like my teams suffered with him. Guess it was the 14 ints and the 4-5 games he only had 1 TD in each of them. But he finished 7th overall.

I still like him this year.

Watch Brady destroy the league like the last time they got busted. Im targetting him in every draft as late as I feel I can get him. the 2nd half returns are going to be stupendous.

I love Eli this year. But, I'm also fine with Romo, Ryan, and Rivers, so I don't really feel a need to push for one in particular.

I'd normally avoid Brady because I don't think he offers enough above the pack to merit his cost--going before Eli and Rivers--but if he slips a bit, he'd be worthwhile because there are so many good options in the late rounds to fill in. Flacco, Palmer, Bridgewater, and Bradford all the start the year with cakewalk schedules and can be had in the 11th or 12th rounds.

A mad/embarrassed Brady and Eli with sick weapons (just added James Jones too....and has 2 good pass catching RB's) is a championship combo.

A mad/embarrassed Brady and Eli with sick weapons (just added James Jones too....and has 2 good pass catching RB's) is a championship combo.

Nice pic of Rowdy Piper rip .

Mariota as your QB2

:thumbsup:

- think this kid is gonna be on more end of season rosters than Winston.

yeah, JW has the much more impressive weapons, but he's gonna fail.

I expect Mariota to really hit a groove come the second half of the season. love his game.

- think this kid is gonna be on more end of season rosters than Winston.

yeah, JW has the much more impressive weapons, but he's gonna fail.

I expect Mariota to really hit a groove come the second half of the season. love his game.

But he plays for the Titans... i just hope sankey can get some love with a running qb.

Julio was only out during fantasy playoffs

Don't be so quick to write off Bens adp. There's a good chance that team leads the league in offense. That said, I'll take Tom Brady and pair him with a guy like Rivers or tabby or whoever has a soft schedule while he's out crying over his spilled milk.

Ben being drastically undervalued. Sinfully

I believe Bradford is a great pick as late as he is going. He should be a great fit in that offense. I know he can't always stay healthy but isn't he due to make it through a season?

Philly QB's have been fantasy relevant actually averaging top 5-6 in scoring since Chip took over I saw somewhere. How do you go wrong with this 11th round pick?

I plan on going QB/QB in most of my drafts in rounds 8-9, 9-10 or 10-11 depending on when I need to pull the trigger.

Brady, Stafford, Eli, Tanneyhill, Rivers and Bradford. Give me 2 of those I will be fine. That loads me up with 4 RB's, 3-4 WR's and a TE.

I plan on going QB, QB too in the 8th, 9th or 10th round.

• Like 1

Watch Brady destroy the league like the last time they got busted. Im targetting him in every draft as late as I feel I can get him. the 2nd half returns are going to be stupendous.

Agreed.... I hear Dobson is finally healthy and looks great. Maybe he will pan out

• Like 1