Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Marshawn Lynch Meets the Press this Week

The NFL requires it's players to meet with the media after a game. So last week, when Marshawn Lynch skipped his post game interview, the league fined him $100,000. This week, that wasn't a problem though since he did meet with them. Yeah.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Marshawn-Lynch-meets-with-the-media/9e5ec24c-326a-42fe-b004-088a0c0d31bc

Maybe he should get a manager from professional wrestling to help him out.

That's f'ing embarrassing. This guy is getting 6.5 sheets this year and one of the responsibilities for working for the NFL is to conduct interviews. Every player is required to be made available especially on game day. The fans, who technically pay their salaries, deserve to hear your opinion of the game. He is making himself look like a fool.

That's f'ing embarrassing. This guy is getting 6.5 sheets this year and one of the responsibilities for working for the NFL is to conduct interviews. Every player is required to be made available especially on game day. The fans, who technically pay their salaries, deserve to hear your opinion of the game. He is making himself look like a fool.

well maybe the NFL should change this stupid policy. Just because a guy is good football player doesn't mean he'll give a great interview. Looks like he found a loophole if he gives enough s***** interviews they won't ever want to interview him again

The NFL should do some anti-bullying ad campaigns against the bullying they are doing against Marshawn Lynch.

well maybe the NFL should change this stupid policy. Just because a guy is good football player doesn't mean he'll give a great interview. Looks like he found a loophole if he gives enough s***** interviews they won't ever want to interview him again

Agreed! I think it's garbage that they make these guys talk to the media. I'd they want to, go for it. If they don't want to, let them be.

Agreed! I think it's garbage that they make these guys talk to the media. I'd they want to, go for it. If they don't want to, let them be.

I don't really agree or disagree, but playing devils advocate for a minute.

They are professionals, who's team and company they work for have lucrative deals with sponsors and sell television content to Television partners like NFL network, ESPN, CBS, NBC and Fox. It's part of the whole "deal" about being paid millions to play a sport.

They are professionals, who's team and company they work for have lucrative deals with sponsors and sell television content to Television partners like NFL network, ESPN, CBS, NBC and Fox. It's part of the whole "deal" about being paid millions to play a sport.

Yup, at the end of the day it's an entertainment product. For any major movie that comes out, the big actors have to run around doing interviews to promote

Maybe a guy has Aspergers. Or Tourettes. Or social anxiety. Or he's a stuttering lunkhead.

Do you really want to force a guy to speak to his enemy, the media, whose sole existence is to dig up some dirt on him or get him on film saying something unpopular so they can bury a guy and ruin his career? :dunno:

Yup, at the end of the day it's an entertainment product. For any major movie that comes out, the big actors have to run around doing interviews to promote

Some of them do that to be nice. Others don't. As far as I know, Jack Nicholson has never been a guest on any late night talk show. Not much promotion coming from him.

Maybe a guy has Aspergers. Or Tourettes. Or social anxiety. Or he's a stuttering lunkhead.

Do you really want to force a guy to speak to his enemy, the media, whose sole existence is to dig up some dirt on him or get him on film saying something unpopular so they can bury a guy and ruin his career? :dunno:

yeah

Yup. It's an entertainment product. With every major movie release, the actors have to run Round and do morning TV, Conan, blahblahblah. It's part of the deal. It's how money is made. If the NFL simply played the game and everyone disappeared into the night only to be seen again the next sunday, the product wouldn't be as valuable as it is. There are 24 hour sports outlets that need these interviews and crap to fill the air. Personally, I don't care for it. I don't tune into post game shows and barely even watch spoetscenter anymore, but clearly there's a market for this content, however inane it might be...

Do you read the newspaper? Watch ESPN Countdown? How do you think these media outlets get their information? They are getting paid millions of dollars a year, speaking to the media is part of the spotlight. If he doesn't want to be a public figure maybe he should switch professions.

What's just as embarrassing is Colin Kaepernick conducting his interview at the podium with headphones around his head or Jay Cutler texting while waiting for his turn to speak. It's literally a joke. These guys are paid in the top 1% in this country and they can't even act like professionals for 10 minutes a week.

Don't get me wrong, over half of these guys should be quiet. Maybe the players like this could stipulate in their contract or work with the team in regards beforehand.

Last year, prior to the Superbowl, Michael Robinson played the role of interpreter for Lynch during his mandatory media session.

I like the idea of a Paul Heyman or Bobby The Brain Heenan type of hype man to speak for Lynch while Beastmode just glares at Erin Andrews and growls/grunts once in a while.

Last year, prior to the Superbowl, Michael Robinson played the role of interpreter for Lynch during his mandatory media session.

I like the idea of a Paul Heyman or Bobby The Brain Heenan type of hype man to speak for Lynch while Beastmode just glares at Erin Andrews and growls/grunts once in a while.

This is a grande idea and should be adopted. They all can't be Macho Man Randy Savage or Dusty Rhodes. Some of these neanderthals need a spokesmen, hopefully one carrying around a tennis racket.

Imagine what his speech will be at his HOF ceremony

He was available.

You can't require people to be animated or colorful.

They don't have to answer just how you want them too.

I thought it was great.

He was available.

You can't require people to be animated or colorful.

They don't have to answer just how you want them too.

I thought it was great.

Ditto. I don't understand why the press has to be in a guy's face right after game time. Imagine you just take a shitty loss, now the press wants to do a microscopic dissection of "what was going through your mind on this or that play?".

This obligation to speak with the media, why? Money. Ratings, that's it. So don't paint the player to be the bad guy people, when the only reason they obligate it is because of money, it's not like they're doing a public service by speaking to them.

As someone else mentioned, what if you have anxiety. Or anything bad you say will be blown up out of proportion. I'm amazed more guys don't give monosyllabic responses to interviews more often, given the risk of actually saying something relevant and candid.

Ditto. I don't understand why the press has to be in a guy's face right after game time. Imagine you just take a shitty loss, now the press wants to do a microscopic dissection of "what was going through your mind on this or that play?".

This obligation to speak with the media, why? Money. Ratings, that's it. So don't paint the player to be the bad guy people, when the only reason they obligate it is because of money, it's not like they're doing a public service by speaking to them.

As someone else mentioned, what if you have anxiety. Or anything bad you say will be blown up out of proportion. I'm amazed more guys don't give monosyllabic responses to interviews more often, given the risk of actually saying something relevant and candid.

It's what they signed up for. I wish my biggest problem at work was talking to media about a ball game. He can answer any way he wants but if your job requires you to do it just show up

It's what they signed up for. I wish my biggest problem at work was talking to media about a ball game. He can answer any way he wants but if your job requires you to do it just show up

Ok well on that aspect he delivered his contractual obligation then. I'm just saying, we all know he was pissing around with them, they all know it too. So now it's become a farce and an embarassment for the NFL? Good. I hope they try to fine him for "not giving good enough answers at his contract-obligated press conference", which they probably will knowing Goodell.

I don't think an athelete should have to sign up for media scrutiny after every game. It doesn't impact their on-field performance in any way.

A reporter worth a sh*t would have started talking about Lynch's foundation, maybe loosened him up a little and gotten him more animated. I swear sometimes we just give the media in this country a pass, like every last one of them are Cronkites or something. I get they represent the fans to a degree, but what a bunch of tools they are at times.

most of the player interviews are the same boring sh*t regurgitated over and over ad nauseum, i'd rather hear a bunch of yeah's and some dude going on a tirade than listening to the same old, same old

A reporter worth a sh*t would have started talking about Lynch's foundation, maybe loosened him up a little and gotten him more animated. I swear sometimes we just give the media in this country a pass, like every last one of them are Cronkites or something. I get they represent the fans to a degree, but what a bunch of tools they are at times.

they're team beat writers. Pretty low on the totem pole. His act likely was the biggest story they got in the past 3 months. This is not real media. You can send a $300 robot with some preprogrammed questions to do their job as efficiently...

Well the stuff they're asking him was pretty sh1t-tier.

"was you catching passes out of the backfield part of the game plan?" - Maybe

"How do you feel about the defense of the team you just beat?" - Yeah

"you got those heated cleats?" - Yeah

Dude is a moron. The press is the reason the people know you and buy your stuff Marshawn. No gold teeth without your fame.