Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

Joe Bonamassa.

Too bad you don't scan all the threads,I started one on him in August 2009,you could've been rockin' to him for the last three years.

He is fockin' awesome though,seen him live twice so far and going again November 2nd in Kansas City.

One of my favs below,very sweet intro that last about 4 1/2 minutes and then just a :headbanger: tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqcNwdbpKqE

DUDE Moon Landing ..............

:music_guitarred:

He's also in Black Country Communion with Glenn Hughes and Jason Bonham.

Seen Joe over a dozen times and BCC twice. Never been disappointed. Best guitarist/performer nobody knows about. Met him and his band several times too, great guy who hangs out and signs stuff for his fans after every show.

He's a good player with a good sound. His stuff is what it is though, ersatz blues/rock. It's been done to death and bores me very quickly. He's got a meh voice, too.

The thing I've never understood about players like this is, why do they always end up with 15-piece bands. Organists, 2 drummers, horn sections, etc. It totally detracts from the songs, imo. Put a focking 4 piece band on the stage and blow the doors off the joint. Leave the focking orchestra for late night tv bands. :bandana:

He's a good player with a good sound. Terrible voice, tho.

Disagree totally.

Disagree totally.

Yep :thumbsup:

Seeing him tonight and the title track of the project Driving Towards The Daylight has quickly moved into my Bonamassa favs.Love the line,"driving towards the daylight,running from the midnight,trying to get my way home..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGxOYLJCArA

He's a good player with a good sound. His stuff is what it is though, ersatz blues/rock. It's been done to death and bores me very quickly. He's got a meh voice, too.

The thing I've never understood about players like this is, why do they always end up with 15-piece bands. Organists, 2 drummers, horn sections, etc. It totally detracts from the songs, imo. Put a focking 4 piece band on the stage and blow the doors off the joint. Leave the focking orchestra for late night tv bands. :bandana:

Joe did that for the DVD concert generally he is accompanied by a bassist,drummer and keyboardist and blows the doors off as seen below from the latest tour.Check it out from the 2 minute mark on if not all of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPuJN3oI6U

I used to believe that white men couldn't sing the blues. WTF do they have to be blue about?

I get it now.

I used to believe that white men couldn't sing the blues. WTF do they have to be blue about?

I get it now.

SRV :nono:

Joe did that for the DVD concert generally he is accompanied by a bassist,drummer and keyboardist and blows the doors off as seen below from the latest tour.Check it out from the 2 minute mark on if not all of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPuJN3oI6U

boner :music_guitarred:

I get it now.

Hell, these days, most of the best blues men are white.

Bonamassa, SRV, Johnny Lang... Hell, Jack White is pretty blusey a good bit of the time.

Hell, these days, most of the best blues men are white.

Bonamassa, SRV, Johnny Lang... Hell, Jack White is pretty blusey a good bit of the time.

Are you sitting down? :(

I gonna download some of his music. Make some recommendations. I like more of the hard rock stuff mixed in the the R&B.

The River

Cradle Rock

Blue & Evil

The Ballad Of John Henry

Lonely Town Lonely Street

Somewhere Trouble Don't Go

Lie #1

Takin' The Hit

Heartbreaker

Don't Burn Down That Bridge

He's also in a superband called Black Country Communion who now has 3 projects the following is from their first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy6WLBvBXaI

Thanks.

We just got our youngest a Galaxy S3 and within hours she was telling me about the Music Paradise app. I downloaded about 20 of his songs last night....every one they had. If you don't have the app you need to get it. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

We just got our youngest a Galaxy S3 and within hours she was telling me about the Music Paradise app. I downloaded about 20 of his songs last night....every one they had. If you don't have the app you need to get it. :thumbsup:

Typical republican hypocrite. B!tches all damn day about how the poor want something for nothing, and then goes home and illegally downloads him some free music.

:cheers:

I gonna download some of his music. Make some recommendations. I like more of the hard rock stuff mixed in the the R&B.

Travelin South

Black Lung Heartache

Sloe Gin

Had To Cry Today

Last Kiss ( Live version is better)

Bridge To Better Days

Ball Peen Hammer

One Of These Days

Young Man Blues- Who Cover only on youtube, soon to be released in a live album

Crawl on the New BCC album Afterglow

Also 'check out his album with Beth Hart, far from hard rock but awesome stuff. She's one of the best female vocalists you've never heard of ( makes the Taylor Swifts and Katy Perry's of the world look pathetic) and she has an incredible rack to boot. :banana:

Sloe Gin

Was going to put that on my list but since he wanted harder stuff didn't.One of my favorites though,great song.

Funny that this thread was bumped; I caught a little of a concert of his on PBS last night. An acoustic show in... Vienna? Anyway, great stuff as always. :music_guitarred:

Latest release and check out the back up female vocalists,they're outstanding.Some nice :music_guitarred: starting at 2:25 too.

47 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Latest release and check out the back up female vocalists,they're outstanding.Some nice :music_guitarred: starting at 2:25 too.

I dig the slide 

love the blues...and usually dig good guitarists like him...but for some reason i just can't really get into the guy. maybe cause he's such a dork..maybe his voice. seems a little inauthentic?:dunno:

Mentioned a few times but for a more rock and roll sound his work with BCC is pretty good.  Glenn Hughes is old as dirt but can still sing

hy6WLBvBXaI 

2 hours ago, porkbutt said:

love the blues...and usually dig good guitarists like him...but for some reason i just can't really get into the guy. maybe cause he's such a dork..maybe his voice. seems a little inauthentic?:dunno:

How about this one?

1 hour ago, kutulu said:

Mentioned a few times but for a more rock and roll sound his work with BCC is pretty good.  Glenn Hughes is old as dirt but can still sing

I bought that when it first came out(because of Bonamassa) but the vocals didn't do much for me,I'll have to give it another go.

can't stand the blues

I hear he's good though

Robin Trower is as bluesy as I get

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

can't stand the blues

I hear he's good though

There's a big difference between Joe Bonamassa and Robert Johnson and if you like Trower and excellent guitar playing at least check this out

6 minutes ago, nzoner said:

There's a big difference between Joe Bonamassa and Robert Johnson and if you like Trower and excellent guitar playing at least check this out

Interesting, and amazing guitarist.......but the song did nothing for me. :dunno: 

I gotta like the vocals before I like the artist