Sign in to follow this  
tbk420

Arizona homers - William Powell look any good?

Looks like I've got to roll with him as a bye week replacement, and I haven't seen a single carry! :overhead:

Does he have any potential?

I watched the whole game. Powell looked raw, but has some burst and shifty moves. It was a near even timeshare with Stephens-Howling (the popcorn fart), but I expect it to tip more in Powell's favor this week. Vikings run D is much tougher than the Bills though, so temper expectations. 13-15 rushes for about 60 yards, plus another 15 receiving sounds about right.

I watched the whole game. Powell looked raw, but has some burst and shifty moves. It was a near even timeshare with Stephens-Howling (the popcorn fart), but I expect it to tip more in Powell's favor this week. Vikings run D is much tougher than the Bills though, so temper expectations. 13-15 rushes for about 60 yards, plus another 15 receiving sounds about right.

Thanks - much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Due to bye week I'm having to decide between Powell and DeAngelo. So keep this thread going, I need some insight. :thumbsup:

AZ homer here. Powell looked really good in preseaon (against second stringers), and he looked strong last week. He moved the ball well, and there was a noticeable difference in the O vs. when Stephens-Howling was in. But, he blew the handoff when Kolb was hurt, so Whisenhunt might keep the split more in favor of Stephens-Howling. Skelton is a veeeery stiff QB, and doesn't have any of the scrambling ability that Kolb had. Might impact the Cards' ability to run the ball this week (which was going to be difficult regardless against the Vikes ). Long-term, though, I think Powell will be solid.

Does Powell go back to the bench when beanie comes back

I'm not an AZ fan, but I did pick him up last week and watched the game with some interest. I think it's a fair assessment that he was raw, gonna give it to ya, with no trivia, raw like cocaine straight from Bolivia. Start him with confidence, because Will-Tang is forever.

I'm not an AZ fan, but I did pick him up last week and watched the game with some interest. I think it's a fair assessment that he was raw, gonna give it to ya, with no trivia, raw like cocaine straight from Bolivia. Start him with confidence, because Will-Tang is forever.

I second this nickname for Mr.Powell. :doublethumbsup:

Oh baby I like it raw

Yeah baby I like it raw

Oh baby I like it raw

Yeah baby I like it raw

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

Gimme the mic so I can take it away

Off on a natural charge bon-voyage

Yeah from the home of the Dodger Brooklyn squad

Wu-Tang killer bees on a swarm

Rain on your college-ass disco dorm

For you to even touch my skill

You gotta put the one killer bee and he ain't gonna kill

Now chop that down, pass it all around

Lyrics get hard quick cement to the ground

For any emcee in any fifty two states

I get psycho, killer, Norman Bates

My producer slam my flow is like bam

Jump on stage ah then I dip down (I like the way you talk)

Oh baby I like it raw

Yeah baby I like it raw

Oh baby I like it raw

Yeah baby I like it raw

3 Different Definitions on a popcorn fart from Urban Dictionary:

A faint non smelly fart, hardly worth the effort.

The rapid firing of several small farts, that when done correctly, sounds quite similar to a small mouse riding through the house on a motorcycle. Putt putt putt putt putt!

something that is very dry.

also RIP ODB

still surprised powell is a starting RB in the nfl. he hardly saw the ball in college as a backup to daniel thomas. was a great kick returner though till he broke his leg. def rooting for the kid.

Still waiting for a big game by him so I can start a thread titled "I like that Boom Boom Powell"

The little i saw him last week he looked good. Actually moved it better than the Wells and Williams.

Im in need for a TE this week and have offered Powell for Heath Miller and the guy is hesitant to take it :dunno: Miller is his 3rd TE and still hesitant. :dunno:

I have Powell and I just picked up Beanie Wells, trying to package them in a trade to the Lesean Mccoy owner.

I bet he's drooling over that package!

Still waiting for a big game by him so I can start a thread titled "I like that Boom Boom Powell"

:banana:

That's the type of forethought I can get behind

He needs to win THIS week. I don't. I threw in J-Stew as well.

I need to win this week too but damn. I guess it does not hurt to try. I feel like giving up Powell for his backup TE is alot.

The rapid firing of several small farts, that when done correctly, sounds quite similar to a small mouse riding through the house on a motorcycle. Putt putt putt putt putt!

see as i began to read this line, i thought okay... they are going to say that the rapid firing sounds like popcorn popping in the microwave....

a small mouse riding a motorcycle? What the fuck? :blink:

I need to win this week too but damn. I guess it does not hurt to try. I feel like giving up Powell for his backup TE is alot.

I'm offering Powell, Wells and J-Stew

for Andre Roberts (who I will waive), Jared Cook (who I will probably waive) and Lesean "Shady" McCoy, who is underperforming and on a bye this week.

I think it's a fair offer. It helps him right now, helps me long term.

Not the team in sig.

for Andre Roberts (who I will waive), Jared Cook (who I will probably waive) and Lesean "Shady" McCoy, who is underperforming and on a bye this week.

Not the team in sig.

only a retard, or one of your aliases would accept that.

a large quantity of ###### doesn't = quality ######.

McCoy has been shiat. Tom Brady has more rushing TDs than McCoy this year.

I think he's a perfect buy low this week, and I don't want to have to give up Greg Jennings to make it happen. The guy I am trying to trade with, I also want him to win this week, so I am trying to offer him players that help him right now, without losing any of my studs.

He probably will decline it but ... after losing Benson, and bad news on the Jhavid Best lotto ticket, I really could use a decent RB. If not McCoy .... who should I target? Mr. Smarty pants.

Propose it again. He may have rejected it mistakenly :thumbsup:

Yeah ... maybe throw in Devrey Henderson instead of Powell? Maybe he wants a WR?

I think he's a perfect buy low this week, and I don't want to have to give up Greg Jennings to make it happen. The guy I am trying to trade with, I also want him to win this week, so I am trying to offer him players that help him right now, without losing any of my studs.

He probably will decline it but ... after losing Benson, and bad news on the Jhavid Best lotto ticket, I really could use a decent RB. If not McCoy .... who should I target? Mr. Smarty pants.

Powell, Wells, and JStew is pretty much a pile of crap. McCoy hasn't been great this year, but he's put up consistent points each week and sure as hell better than a guy who is always injured, a 3rd stringer on the worst run offense in the league, and a guy who competes with 3 other guys in the backfield. You don't trade a dollar for 3 dimes.

As a McCoy owner, I wouldn't accept Wells, Powell, and Jennings for him either, but it's worth proposing as it has a better chance of being accepted (and yes, I would take that in a heartbeat if I was you).

I'm 5-1. Second in the league and ahead in my division by 2 games.

I drafted Cruz, Jennings and Austin for a reason. I already offered him a trade that involved Austin. I also have Morgan, Avery, Henderson ... I don't need any more WRs, but McGahee, Spiller, W. Powell/Wells ... my RBs are just kinda .... OK, after losing Benson.

you should target some common sense

That's what they said about Tiki Barber ... that's what they said about Darren Sproles and Wayne Chrebet.

Those guys are the one, one millionth percent of short guys that can play in the NFL. Most short guys are not Doug Flutie.

If you are under 5 foot 10, you are not a man. That's all I'm saying. You are not a real man, for the most part.

Not the team in sig.

Do you seriously think that any fantasy owner in the country would approve that garbage deal? If rating those six players 1-6, the three you are trying to get would be 1, 2, & 3.

see as i began to read this line, i thought okay... they are going to say that the rapid firing sounds like popcorn popping in the microwave....

a small mouse riding a motorcycle? What the fuck? :blink:

I just copy/pasted, that makes more sense. Maybe the "author" had just read this