Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

WK 3 Waiver Analysis

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=422920&hl=

WK 2 Waiver Analysis above

briefly, this is what I think, keep in mind, I play in all 12 team PPR leagues (3 of them) and these are all players that I find on my wire in at least 2/3 leagues.

I will start with the player analysis, and a "plug and play" or "long term potential"

QB-

1) Philip Rivers - very pre 2011 form going on here, high completion %, lots of quick passes, and the deep game is almost all but gone, but Mccoy has transformed him to date back to a pro-bowl looking QB. I expect it to continue, the Chargers O-line play has been done really well, even shutting down JJ Watt.

advice: I advised against adding him last week, as I just didnt see him as a fantasy starter in a 12 team league, but if I were a Brady, Wilson, Cam owner, I would definitely add as a mix/match guy

2) Ryan Tannehill- Now Wallace has a monster game, Clay looks like a solid TE, with Hartline and Gibson the weapons are there. Their defense looks solid, which limits his potential, as I doubt they get blown out very often

advice: not an add just yet, but be prepared for a bye fill-in QB, Week 4 vs Saints possible good matchup for Rodgers/Cam owners. Week 7 vs Bills for Brees owners. Unlikely to contribute as a fantasy starter this year

RB-

1) James Starks - Fool me once, this guy seems to be the best "off the bench" RB of all-time, yet every time he becomes a starter his production has been non-existant. I expect the same to continue, with Lacy results not expected til Weds, we have to make a choice on this guy before that (generally Tues night), I am not someone who would burn a high (top 5) priority on the guy, and thats even as a David Wilson owner.

advice: He is going to be a hot name this week for obvious reasons, but hes facing a tough Cincy Def, followed by a bye, I would claim if I am in the bottom half, but not expecting long term success. Could change when results on Lacy are made available, but meh.

2) Felix Jones - Starting RB so he gets mention, Redman sucks we know that, Bell, who knows when he gets back, and Dwyer is useless it seems as well. Dont expect much

advice: let him pass thru waivers, add if you are really desperate, but this weeks matchup vs the Bears if horrible, and I dont see any production coming out of Pitt's backfield any time soon

3) Andre Ellington - Looking pretty explosive out there, he might have the potential to be this years "WHO???" guy that comes out of nowhere to post solid numbers. On the radar in PPR definitely, and not sold on Mendy, neither is Arians by his recent quotes calling him a potential every down back.

advice: I am extremely bullish on Ellington, I'm gonna let him slip thru waivers, likely unnoticed, and add him in PPR where I have bench spaces as a speculative future bet

4) Jacquizz/Snelling - If SJax misses time, Snelling is the guy I want, he has had monster games in the past, and is a more complete back

5) Pierce, J.Bell all rostered in all my leagues

6) Jordan Todman - wait, they play Seattle, and he pretty much sucks, preseason wonder

7) Jacobs/Scott- If you are desperate

WR-

1) Eddie Royal - Fools Gold??? Maybe, his TD's aren't likely to keep up, but hes healthy, and the top target for the Chargers, in their revamped short passing game, he will be a solid contributor in PPR leagues going forward. Rivers loves him, hes their goalline WR (was the only WR in the formation vs Hous on short yardage), he has great hands and quickness

advice: Add, I am a believer, I would use a top 5 claim on him, if he was an upgrade on my top 2 WR's (example Bowe)

2) Stephen Hill - If you need some help, Geno seems to target him quite a bit, he has some big play potential, but will be inconsistent, might be able to stick him in their if desperate BYE situations occur

advice: wait, keep on radar if you need someone in the future.

3) Marlon Brown- I recommended waiting last week in my breakdown, and not much has changed, he does get targetted quite a bit, has a TD in each game, I just dont want to be starting him just yet.

advice: add if you need help, WR3/Flex bye plug in. Long term may develop, if you have deep benches, worth an add

4) Deandre Hopkins - uh not even gonna bother, he shouldnt be unrostered

5) Hankerson/Moss - as bad as Redskins defense has been, they could be trailing alot, and get a lot of garbage time. Of course maybe its just they played the best 2 offenses in football this year?

advice: desperation add, I like Hankerson long term, he could start getting more and more reps from Morgan

TE-

1) Charles Clay - GL TE??? maybe just a trick play, but hes been targeted quite a bit as well in the passing game, you could do worse

advice: worth an add if you are running out Pettigrew, Celek, Winslow, Clark, or VD misses time.

2) Cody Fleener - as long as Allen is out, hes worth a play over some of the same guys listed above.

let me hear what you guys think!

2 weeks in and there is still no one worth using a top waiver spot on. I'm going to hold off until that inevitable major injury occurs.

concur, I am not burning a waiver priority on any of these guys, but would if I was bottom 6 or so, or in need of a WR might have to gamble on Royal, if I have White, Fitz, Amendola, and need help.

Royal could be this years out of nowhere WR, ala Cruz, Lloyd, Braylon, who just has 1 monster year

still I have the no 1 claim in 1 league, and I am going to pass, but I am deep at WR, with Andre, Vjax, Garcon, Decker

Since the only guys I know a lot about are Jacobs and Scott ... those are the guys I am gonna talk about.

Jacobs: We all know who Brandon Jacobs is ... he has 2 Super Bowl rings with the Giants ... oh yeah ... they haven't made it since he left ... and he's 6 foot 5 and 270 pounds ... he's a HUGE man ... which makes him an excellent blocker. I've been saying he's the one ingredient the Giants need since they lost their thunder, so to speak. Practically free ... be stupid not to sign him, and I love seeing the TD right out of the gate. Big ... big BJ fan, even with the new number.

Anyway ... his fantasy value is very small. Even in PPR ... he can catch ... but don't get too excited. The future plans for the Giants running game do not include Brandon Jacobs.

Enter: Da' Rell Scott

He's been described as a "speed merchant". What he does best, is run fast ... and that's a good characteristic for a RB to have.

The guy to have ... who I drafted pre-injury and will not waive .... is Andre Brown. Week 5 he is healthy and practicing. Week 10, fresh legs ... gonna be money. If you have the roster space ... Brown is the RB you want if someone in your league waived him and you have room to stash him.

Like Moreno in Denver, he's the most complete back in that system.

hearing Lacy possibly return week 5, so Starks is only a 1 week start vs Cincy, PASS

SJax status uncertain, looking to plug and play Snelling as a flex PPR if I need a RB

Keshawn Martin is Andre Johnson's direct backup, but hasnt really shown anything to date

I'm holding Forte-Ben Tate-David Wilson-Roy Helu....in a 14 team flex league.

Should I consider burning my #1 waiver on Starks?

He wouldn't start for me next week vs Cinci...then they have a bye.

I might hold off but he seems to be the guy if I'm gonna use it.

14 teamer is a whole diff ballgame, you seem very thin at RB, honestly though I still wouldnt burn my priority on Starks. Id rather look to add a potential RB like Ellington in place of Helu, who doesnt look like is going to produce much as a future add, or maybe grab Snelling after waivers if you need a play this week

Snelling might just be the best RB pickup for week 3. Paying very close attention to any SJax news.

hearing Lacy possibly return week 5, so Starks is only a 1 week start vs Cincy, PASS

Yes but since he plays RB where collision happens in every play, another concussion and he might be DONE for the season.

What do you think about Bilal Powell in a spot start this week?

Positives

The pats averaged a little over 6YPC against BUF

The Panthers averaged almost 4YPC against BUF...

Jets O-Line isn't terrible

He is the 3rd down back (Avg 3 catches per week) and apparent goalline back as well

Negatives

In a 50-50 split with Ivory...

I can't tell if this is the kind of week a guy like powell puts up a solid stat line, or the kind of week where you are dependent on a TD from him...

is it unreasonable to think that he can put up 100yds of total offense with a TD based on the start against BUF?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=422920&hl=

WK 2 Waiver Analysis above

briefly, this is what I think, keep in mind, I play in all 12 team PPR leagues (3 of them) and these are all players that I find on my wire in at least 2/3 leagues.

I will start with the player analysis, and a "plug and play" or "long term potential"

QB-

1) Philip Rivers - very pre 2011 form going on here, high completion %, lots of quick passes, and the deep game is almost all but gone, but Mccoy has transformed him to date back to a pro-bowl looking QB. I expect it to continue, the Chargers O-line play has been done really well, even shutting down JJ Watt.

advice: I advised against adding him last week, as I just didnt see him as a fantasy starter in a 12 team league, but if I were a Brady, Wilson, Cam owner, I would definitely add as a mix/match guy

2) Ryan Tannehill- Now Wallace has a monster game, Clay looks like a solid TE, with Hartline and Gibson the weapons are there. Their defense looks solid, which limits his potential, as I doubt they get blown out very often

advice: not an add just yet, but be prepared for a bye fill-in QB, Week 4 vs Saints possible good matchup for Rodgers/Cam owners. Week 7 vs Bills for Brees owners. Unlikely to contribute as a fantasy starter this year

RB-

1) James Starks - Fool me once, this guy seems to be the best "off the bench" RB of all-time, yet every time he becomes a starter his production has been non-existant. I expect the same to continue, with Lacy results not expected til Weds, we have to make a choice on this guy before that (generally Tues night), I am not someone who would burn a high (top 5) priority on the guy, and thats even as a David Wilson owner.

advice: He is going to be a hot name this week for obvious reasons, but hes facing a tough Cincy Def, followed by a bye, I would claim if I am in the bottom half, but not expecting long term success. Could change when results on Lacy are made available, but meh.

2) Felix Jones - Starting RB so he gets mention, Redman sucks we know that, Bell, who knows when he gets back, and Dwyer is useless it seems as well. Dont expect much

advice: let him pass thru waivers, add if you are really desperate, but this weeks matchup vs the Bears if horrible, and I dont see any production coming out of Pitt's backfield any time soon

3) Andre Ellington - Looking pretty explosive out there, he might have the potential to be this years "WHO???" guy that comes out of nowhere to post solid numbers. On the radar in PPR definitely, and not sold on Mendy, neither is Arians by his recent quotes calling him a potential every down back.

advice: I am extremely bullish on Ellington, I'm gonna let him slip thru waivers, likely unnoticed, and add him in PPR where I have bench spaces as a speculative future bet

4) Jacquizz/Snelling - If SJax misses time, Snelling is the guy I want, he has had monster games in the past, and is a more complete back

5) Pierce, J.Bell all rostered in all my leagues

6) Jordan Todman - wait, they play Seattle, and he pretty much sucks, preseason wonder

7) Jacobs/Scott- If you are desperate

WR-

1) Eddie Royal - Fools Gold??? Maybe, his TD's aren't likely to keep up, but hes healthy, and the top target for the Chargers, in their revamped short passing game, he will be a solid contributor in PPR leagues going forward. Rivers loves him, hes their goalline WR (was the only WR in the formation vs Hous on short yardage), he has great hands and quickness

advice: Add, I am a believer, I would use a top 5 claim on him, if he was an upgrade on my top 2 WR's (example Bowe)

2) Stephen Hill - If you need some help, Geno seems to target him quite a bit, he has some big play potential, but will be inconsistent, might be able to stick him in their if desperate BYE situations occur

advice: wait, keep on radar if you need someone in the future.

3) Marlon Brown- I recommended waiting last week in my breakdown, and not much has changed, he does get targetted quite a bit, has a TD in each game, I just dont want to be starting him just yet.

advice: add if you need help, WR3/Flex bye plug in. Long term may develop, if you have deep benches, worth an add

4) Deandre Hopkins - uh not even gonna bother, he shouldnt be unrostered

5) Hankerson/Moss - as bad as Redskins defense has been, they could be trailing alot, and get a lot of garbage time. Of course maybe its just they played the best 2 offenses in football this year?

advice: desperation add, I like Hankerson long term, he could start getting more and more reps from Morgan

TE-

1) Charles Clay - GL TE??? maybe just a trick play, but hes been targeted quite a bit as well in the passing game, you could do worse

advice: worth an add if you are running out Pettigrew, Celek, Winslow, Clark, or VD misses time.

2) Cody Fleener - as long as Allen is out, hes worth a play over some of the same guys listed above.

let me hear what you guys think!

Thanks for the info.

Bell is gone in my league too, but Pierce is available. So are Jaqizz and Snelling. My league is 1pt PPR

#1 Just read where SJax is out 2-4 wks... from a thigh buise??? That play looked like it could've been a lot of injuries but I could not see anything to indicate his thigh got enough contact to create a bruise that would keep him out 2-4 weeks. Something smells in ATL and as a SJax owner I'm worried.

#2 Ray rice went down without a no-contact injury. I said in another post... it seems as though he would've played in a very close game against a divisional opponent if he could have. I have read no MRI was scheduled but I heard on the NFL insiders show that they actually were planning an MRI. Why the hell wouldn't you have an MRI just to be cautious??? Something smells in Baltimore as well.

Right now I am planning on burning my #1 WW on Pierce but I could get Quizz or Snelling. To me Bryce Brown and Pierce are the only sure fire handcuffs that won't be in a RBBC.

Please advise. Any ATL or BAL homers welcome...

What do you guys think? Burn my #1 waiver on Starks?

Not sure who else is really gonna come along...but you never know.

If you are desperate for help at RB this very second, then maybe. If not, I would hold on to it. Obviously a #1 waiver is very important, and if you can hold it as many weeks as you want, you absolutely should as long as your team is in good shape for the time being.

If you ask Serpent, he'll tell you no one ever gets to keep #1 waiver priority and that it "randomly rotates in competitive leagues", but we all know that's bullish!t.

it's up to you... i'm always bad with this situation as i usually stream D's, so i don't have #1 priority...

IMO... starks is the man until lacy comes back (1or2 weeks), then you have a RBBC until one messes up, or the other asserts himself... I do not think that this will turn into a jahvid best scenario

I think snelling would be a little more intriguing, as another poster had said, i don't see how he suffered a 'thigh bruise' on that play... my guess is something is fishy, and perhaps he has a quad or hammy issue...

Since the only guys I know a lot about are Jacobs and Scott ... those are the guys I am gonna talk about.

Jacobs: We all know who Brandon Jacobs is ... he has 2 Super Bowl rings with the Giants ... oh yeah ... they haven't made it since he left ... and he's 6 foot 5 and 270 pounds ... he's a HUGE man ... which makes him an excellent blocker. I've been saying he's the one ingredient the Giants need since they lost their thunder, so to speak. Practically free ... be stupid not to sign him, and I love seeing the TD right out of the gate. Big ... big BJ fan, even with the new number.

Anyway ... his fantasy value is very small. Even in PPR ... he can catch ... but don't get too excited. The future plans for the Giants running game do not include Brandon Jacobs.

Enter: Da' Rell Scott

He's been described as a "speed merchant". What he does best, is run fast ... and that's a good characteristic for a RB to have.

The guy to have ... who I drafted pre-injury and will not waive .... is Andre Brown. Week 5 he is healthy and practicing. Week 10, fresh legs ... gonna be money. If you have the roster space ... Brown is the RB you want if someone in your league waived him and you have room to stash him.

Like Moreno in Denver, he's the most complete back in that system.

About Brown - I don't totally disagree with you there, but I need to know for sure what week he's actually eligible to play....I have heard week 10. I'd love to have him come playoff time, but that's a long time to stash...

Week 10 for Brown?

Folks, for most playoff starts in week 14. Every game counts, if you think Starks can help you win a few games it's a no brainer. Waiting for a guy that really haven't proven much in his career is sort of silly.

Here's what I'm going with:

Hill

Clay

Tannehill

Wright

Bolden

Pierce (kind of thinking Rice is ok here...)

Reed (WAS TE)

I'm guessing Royal, Rivers and Marlon Brown are already gone in most leagues as of last week.

Week 10 for Brown?

Folks, for most playoff starts in week 14. Every game counts, if you think Starks can help you win a few games it's a no brainer. Waiting for a guy that really haven't proven much in his career is sort of silly.

agree. to further thoughts along these lines...

by week 10 the giants will either be thick into a playoff race or they won't. if they ARE, then the odds that they have a broken running game that needs fixing are pretty low. if they are NOT in a playoff race, then there's little reason to risk further injury by rushing andre brown back. i'm not saying he won't see action late in the year, but i'm doubtful he'll go from no action to feature back very quickly

if you have a deep bench, or are in a keeper / dynasty league - keep brown. but expecting him to suddenly become a stud late this year might be wishful thinking

Quick question, maybe I'm missing something, but is Snelling really the back up everybody wants for SJAX? Looking at the box score, Rodgers got 11 carries to Snellings 2. Granted, Snelling had the way better YPC on his 2 carries 2 for 19 (and the TD), where Rodgers went 11 for 17. They each caught 4 passes as well. Just seems like Rodgers is more in the plan then people on here may be thinking.

Clay is an interesting prospect. Sounds like he ran the ball in college, so getting a clear-cut #1 TE, with the possibility of also getting a goal line back, in a consevative Miami offense...

Would you consider him over Rudolph, who dropped onto the WW in my PPR league, to back up FInley? Dropping Sudfeld.

Quick question, maybe I'm missing something, but is Snelling really the back up everybody wants for SJAX? Looking at the box score, Rodgers got 11 carries to Snellings 2. Granted, Snelling had the way better YPC on his 2 carries 2 for 19 (and the TD), where Rodgers went 11 for 17. They each caught 4 passes as well. Just seems like Rodgers is more in the plan then people on here may be thinking.

Thats exactly it, look I am not putting in a claim for either, but if I had to start one, it would be Snelling. Rodgers is brutal, and with every opportunity he has had over his career he has failed. Snelling is a good receiver, and a better runner imo.

Im not making a claim on either, but adding Snelling if he doesnt get claimed and letting someone else take the mediocre talent that is Jaquizz

Clay is an interesting prospect. Sounds like he ran the ball in college, so getting a clear-cut #1 TE, with the possibility of also getting a goal line back, in a consevative Miami offense...

Would you consider him over Rudolph, who dropped onto the WW in my PPR league, to back up FInley? Dropping Sudfeld.

I didnt see the play, but it was a fullback plunge I believe, its definitely nice bonus, but not sure it will ever happen again. What I like is his targets and YAC in a pass first Miami offense. Id take him over Rudolphs uselessness

seems to me everything on the waivers is just a temporary fix & i'll just sit & wait & work my way back up the waiver list .

rb stash ..per rotoworld may pick this cat up along with Andre Ellington,

RB Jordan Todman, Jaguars
Owned in 0 percent of Yahoo leagues

Maurice Jones-Drew’s ankle injury is certainly concerning – especially because it’s on the same side as his 2012 Lisfranc. He’s questionable for a hands-off Week 3 game at Seattle. And considering the Jags’ season is already circling the toilet and MJD won’t be back in Jacksonville next year, there’s at least a chance he’ll hang it up early this season. Jordan Todman rushed five times for just seven yards against the Raiders in Week 2, but he has far more talent than that. The 2011 sixth-rounder was one of the preseason’s stars, rushing 29 times for 223 yards (7.68 YPC) with two touchdowns. Todman would initially start in a committee with Justin Forsett if/when MJD sits, but he’d be a good bet to eventually get the lion’s share of the work.

Thanks for the info.

Bell is gone in my league too, but Pierce is available. So are Jaqizz and Snelling. My league is 1pt PPR

#1 Just read where SJax is out 2-4 wks... from a thigh buise??? That play looked like it could've been a lot of injuries but I could not see anything to indicate his thigh got enough contact to create a bruise that would keep him out 2-4 weeks. Something smells in ATL and as a SJax owner I'm worried.

#2 Ray rice went down without a no-contact injury. I said in another post... it seems as though he would've played in a very close game against a divisional opponent if he could have. I have read no MRI was scheduled but I heard on the NFL insiders show that they actually were planning an MRI. Why the hell wouldn't you have an MRI just to be cautious??? Something smells in Baltimore as well.

Right now I am planning on burning my #1 WW on Pierce but I could get Quizz or Snelling. To me Bryce Brown and Pierce are the only sure fire handcuffs that won't be in a RBBC.

Please advise. Any ATL or BAL homers welcome...

I watched Ray Rice try to make it down the stairs to get his x-ray and he couldn't even put weight on the right leg to do it. Something tells me that a guy who relies on the power/explosiveness of his legs is going to suffer with a hip flexor issue. :dunno:

I'm also worried about Jackson, bruises don't require a month to heal unless they're the bone variety. I almost feel like I have to go get Snelling and when I do Rogers will end up being the guy handling the ball because I'm cursed.

as far as everyone has reported Rice did not have an MRI correct?

What do you guys think about Coby Fleener?

After that big game, are the Colts really going back to Dwayne Allen?

Andre Ellington is interesting but concerned about the AZ O-line. Here's a TE thought that owners might be over looking, Heath Miller is expected back very soon. Dude saved me last year when V. Davis went missing on a number of games.

Nate Burleson in PPR leagues if he's still available. The Atlanta rb situation is a dice roll, but I'd lean to Snelling just because I think he's a better player when healthy - health is something he has battled the last few years..

Amazingly, yahoo reports Josh Gordon is rostered in only a snall number of leagues though I expect him rostered in more competitive leagues.

I'd keep an eye on LeShoure in case Reggie Bush misses any time. He might be used to spell Joique Bell and for short yardage situations if you are desperate, which some are already.

Ive only got #7 waiver in one of my leagues and still waiting for Gronk to come back so im gonna put in a claim for Clay. Hell i started Sudfield week 1 and Zach Miller last week :shocking:

Clay has been targeted 13 times with 10 catches for 163 yards in first 2 games. Alot better than my sorry ass two ive plugged in week 1 and 2. Thankfully 1-1 not 0-2

No. Do not burn a #1 spot on Starks. He will get one start aganst Cincy and then it is probably back to the bench.

Week 10 for Brown?

Then count me as silly. This is already week 3. . Andre Brown is really a talent when he is healthy. I'll take the week 10 fresh legs to run me to the Championship.

BTW, i continue to own him in 5 out of 6 leagues. I plan on making the play-offs in all of them.

Then count me as silly. This is already week 3. . Andre Brown is really a talent when he is healthy. I'll take the week 10 fresh legs to run me to the Championship.

BTW, i continue to own him in 5 out of 6 leagues. I plan on making the play-offs in all of them.

Really thinking I might grab him this week. It's between him and Ball. If Ball gets it going, he could be serviceable sooner than Brown...so I'm having a hard time deciding. That's a roster spot I can't even use for over half a season, and I only get 4 RB spots on my roster.

9/22 BUF - - - - - - - - - 4 9/29 @TEN - - - - - - - - - 5 10/7 @ATL - - - - - - - - - 6 10/13 PIT - - - - - - - - - 7 10/20 NE - - - - - - - - - 8 10/27 @CIN - - - - - - - - - 9 11/3 NO - - - - - - - - - 10 BYE - - - - - - - - - - - 11 11/17 @BUF - - - - - - - - - 12 11/24 @BAL - - - - - - - - - 13 12/1 MIA - - - - - - - - - 14 12/8 OAK - - - - - - - - - 15 12/15 @CAR - - - - - - - - - 16 12/22 CLE - - - - - - - - - 17 12/29 @MIA

jets remaining schedule ....just dropped az. D for them ...week one they held doug martin to 65 yards ..i think there flying under the radar

I ended up burning my #1. I don't expect much but Starks might start over Cecil for me this week...and long term who knows...it adds to my rb depth with Wilson busting hard.

Also added Fleener dropping Gresham. And Cushing dropping Fletcher.

If you are desperate for help at RB this very second, then maybe. If not, I would hold on to it. Obviously a #1 waiver is very important, and if you can hold it as many weeks as you want, you absolutely should as long as your team is in good shape for the time being.

If you ask Serpent, he'll tell you no one ever gets to keep #1 waiver priority and that it "randomly rotates in competitive leagues", but we all know that's bullish!t.

The best system to have is $100 auction style waiver wire. Everyone gets a fair chance at any player. In a competitive league, there isn't a better system.

The best system to have is $100 auction style waiver wire. Everyone gets a fair chance at any player. In a competitive league, there isn't a better system.

Make that $1000 seasonal auction limit and count me in. $100 limit causes just woo many ties.