wiffleball

SOTU

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

That would be a good start.  But I have to ask you the same question.  Where did those numbers come from?  The aggregate is his 5.7B but why did you apportion it the way you did?  From the interview I saw congress went to the border patrol and said what do you need?  They asked for the 5.7B for the top ten problem areas.  Why are you better equipped to know how the money should be spent than them?  Let's get rid of the politics, acknowledge the problem, and do what needs to be done to fix it.  And who better to help guide that process then the border patrol?

I pulled the numbers out of my ass.  I used them as an example of hitting the key points.  You can move around a half-a-billion here and there, but having us spend $6B or so on making these improvements would be better than saying we just need $5.7B for the wall (for now).  Heck, where did Trump get his numbers from because the number has changed over the last several years so many times that I can't follow?

The point is that we split up the money to have it make improvements in several areas of need rather than focusing on a single area (which just so happens to be Trump's talking point).  Look at it as a win-win for both sides (or lose-lose if that floats your boat).  

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I pulled the numbers out of my ass.  I used them as an example of hitting the key points.  You can move around a half-a-billion here and there, but having us spend $6B or so on making these improvements would be better than saying we just need $5.7B for the wall (for now).  Heck, where did Trump get his numbers from because the number has changed over the last several years so many times that I can't follow?

The point is that we split up the money to have it make improvements in several areas of need rather than focusing on a single area (which just so happens to be Trump's talking point).  Look at it as a win-win for both sides (or lose-lose if that floats your boat).  

I just told you where the 5.7B number came from.  Did you not read my post????

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Dude, you need to research this lady and some of the things she has said.   You'll walk this back faster than the Empire guy is with his story. 

Man, all that happened is 90s said she is gross, and I said I think she is good looking. This is the Geek Club. We’ve probably had threads in which a women killed her own children, and we all agreed she was hot enough for a conjugal visit. 

I guess since this is politics, I can’t just say she is pretty. And I’m sure if I went back to the AOC threads, nobody gave any opinions on her looks. And if with go to the Tomi Lahren threads, we all stated that she is either disgusting or gorgeous because of her racist or non racist beliefs. 

Point being, if I saw her at a bar and she smiled at me, I’m ordering us each a Manhattan and asking her if she wants to split some bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños. If during the course of the next 2 hours I determine her to be vile, then I guess my next action would depend on how many cocktails I’ve had, but I probably wouldn’t court her long term.

1 minute ago, cbfalcon said:

Point being, if I saw her at a bar and she smiled at me, I’m ordering us each a Manhattan and asking her if she wants to split some bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños. If during the course of the next 2 hours I determine her to be vile, then I guess my next action would depend on how many cocktails I’ve had, but I probably wouldn’t court her long term.

You be better off going with a Jägerbomb.

15 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Man, all that happened is 90s said she is gross, and I said I think she is good looking. This is the Geek Club. We’ve probably had threads in which a women killed her own children, and we all agreed she was hot enough for a conjugal visit. 

I guess since this is politics, I can’t just say she is pretty. And I’m sure if I went back to the AOC threads, nobody gave any opinions on her looks. And if with go to the Tomi Lahren threads, we all stated that she is either disgusting or gorgeous because of her racist or non racist beliefs. 

I don't think she'd appreciate the bacon wrapped jalapenos.  HTH  :lol:

• Thanks 1

hadn't seen any mention of the withdrawal from the treaty agreement with russia.  where do the geeks stand on this development?

4 minutes ago, josh wiley said:

hadn't seen any mention of the withdrawal from the treaty agreement with russia.  where do the geeks stand on this development?

Meh.  The Russians haven't been adhering to the treaty anyway, so better to give us options.  I think it is probably a good move.  

7 minutes ago, josh wiley said:

I am for it, Russia doesn't follow the treaty, and are trying to advance nuclear with the help of China, we need to be prepared

30 minutes ago, Strike said:

Here you go (I apologize in advance for the source but the interview is good):

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5998400723001/?playlist_id=5410209611001#sp=show-clips

That tells me that they asked the Border Patrol what it would take to secure the top 10 areas where they need a wall.  The Border Patrol (not builders, mind you) said that they needed $5.7B to build walls there.  No where does Graham say that the Border Patrol said that, if they had $5.7B, they would use it all to build walls only.  

Walls are part of the solution, but not the only part of the solution.  

17 minutes ago, josh wiley said:

30 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That tells me that they asked the Border Patrol what it would take to secure the top 10 areas where they need a wall.  The Border Patrol (not builders, mind you) said that they needed $5.7B to build walls there.  No where does Graham say that the Border Patrol said that, if they had $5.7B, they would use it all to build walls only.  

Walls are part of the solution, but not the only part of the solution.  

So... Border Patrol asked for $5.7B to build walls in strategic areas, and your objection is that we should allocate more for other border protection efforts?  Maybe it has happened, but presuming not, isn't this an example of the perfect being the enemy of the good?  :dunno:

13 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

So... Border Patrol asked for $5.7B to build walls in strategic areas, and your objection is that we should allocate more for other border protection efforts?  Maybe it has happened, but presuming not, isn't this an example of the perfect being the enemy of the good?  :dunno:

No, you missed the question.  They asked them, "How much would it cost to put walls up in the 10 most appropriate areas?"  Border patrol says, "$5.7B".  Talk about a leading question.

If the question had been, "How much money would it take to make an improvement this year in our border security across the entire country and where would you spend it?" then that would be a fair and appropriate question.  My guess is that they would not spend all of their money on Border Walls.

Perfect being the enemy of good is never appropriate with our government.  They are never perfect and are hardly good, particularly when it comes to spending money.  

4 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Dunno if this posted yet.  They're calling all the chicks in white "straight jackets"

I'd let some of them jack me straight :banana:

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

There isn’t any woman hot enough or strong enough to make you straight. :lol:

:first: