Sign in to follow this  
fixedrate

Anyone hear...

No link but seen a post about this on another site.....anybody hear any news on this? If this were to happen, looks to me that James Davis could be this years Steve Slaton...

And this is why I hate my leauge's limit on roster positions...can only have 4 RBs on the roster and with Gore, LT, Rice and Sproles I can't drop my WR Gage to pick up Davis. *sigh*

How about Jerome Harrison.....6.2 ypc in 07 and 7.2 ypc in 08.....any value?

Im from cleveland, and a big cleveland homer.. yes i know its sad! but with harrison injured If they cut Lewis that would give the browns a 6th rd pick as the started and noah herron as the back up.. I hope Davis ends up being the man and I think Lewis blows but this just doesnt seem like something Mangini will do.. He has always used alot of backs, Lewis is a work horse and the browns just dont have the bodies right now.

Im from cleveland, and a big cleveland homer.. yes i know its sad! but with harrison injured If they cut Lewis that would give the browns a 6th rd pick as the started and noah herron as the back up.. I hope Davis ends up being the man and I think Lewis blows but this just doesnt seem like something Mangini will do.. He has always used alot of backs, Lewis is a work horse and the browns just dont have the bodies right now.

agree...they are not going to cut Lewis, especially since they already paid him...this writer is just speculating...

Guys, take a look at the original source.

Here's what it says:

>****I live part-time (when he’s home from college) with a Browns fan (my oldest son)****, who’s also a huge Brady Quinn fan. After his review of the game Saturday, he feels it’s Quinn all the way. I watched the game, and for me it’s close, but I feel like the Browns have too much invested in Quinn and will make him the starter. They found a back in the later rounds this year, sixth-round pick James Davis, who looks like the real deal. I’m still not sold that Jamal Lewis will make the team.<

"They found a back in the later rounds this year, sixth-round pick James Davis, who looks like the real deal. I’m still not sold that Jamal Lewis will make the team." This is not only not based on fact, but it's based on his kid being a Browns fan.

That's it.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Diner-...ewind-4697.html

How about Jerome Harrison.....6.2 ypc in 07 and 7.2 ypc in 08.....any value?

Was thinking the same thing. Everyone keeps drooling over Davis but isn't Harrison still listed at #2 behind Lewis?

The Browns have a pretty decent offensive line, a quality rb could do pretty well.

Lets say this is true and James Davis is the starter. Where would he rank? In other words, how would he compare to say Donald Brown or Ray Rice? In what others company would he then reside.

What happened to the always sound "stay away from all Browns players for fantasy purposes" advice? :pointstosky:

It's a Flier, much as Slaton was last year, or FWP was 3 years ago, nobody is drafting him as even a RB3...

It's a Flier, much as Slaton was last year, or FWP was 3 years ago, nobody is drafting him as even a RB3...

I did...and I am confident, as I was on draft day, that Davis will indeed unseat Lewis and become one of this year's top rookie RBs..

I did...and I am confident, as I was on draft day, that Davis will indeed unseat Lewis and become one of this year's top rookie RBs..

Then you're an idiot or playing in a 14-man league. He won't unseat a proven veteran who had 1200 yards last year on a VERY bad team.

Then you're an idiot or playing in a 14-man league. He won't unseat a proven veteran who had 1200 yards last year on a VERY bad team.

Hahaha...ok...call me names...very mature...but to answer your...umm..questions.

1. Nope..not an idiot.

2. 12 man league..thanks for asking

Are you new to fantasy football? Do you really believe a "proven veteran" makes a bit of difference to a coach who is trying to win today? I recall Ed James being taken over by Tim Hightower last year, and I consider Edge circa 2008 > Jamal circa 2009....add that James Davis is a better RB than Hightower...well, you can do the math..I think.

Feel free to contact me week 6 :-)

Hahaha...ok...call me names...very mature...but to answer your...umm..questions.

1. Nope..not an idiot.

Are you new to fantasy football? Do you really believe a "proven veteran" makes a bit of difference to a coach who is trying to win today? I recall Ed James being taken over by Tim Hightower last year, and I consider Edge circa 2008 > Jamal circa 2009....add that James Davis is a better RB than Hightower...well, you can do the math..I think.

1. Nope..not an idiot.

No, you are not an idiot. Drafted Davis in all 3 leagues. Also have Slaton in all three. Lewis looks like he has one foot in the grave and Davis looks electric. I agree that the Browns have a decent O-line so a RB could succeed there. Don't think Lewis will be cut after they paid him, but he'll be a back-up before long. Jerome Harrison, injured, will forever be a third-down back.

This SUCKS as I dropped Davis yesteday for Peyton Hillis. Not sure why I did that but ok.

I was hoping to pick Davis ack up but I think the Jamal Lewis owner has put in a waiver for Davis.

I hate when I drop players and people pick them up off of waivers

!@#*!

This SUCKS as I dropped Davis yesteday for Peyton Hillis. Not sure why I did that but ok.

I think Hillis will reward you. Good move.

Jame Davis is still available.

Should I drop one of Maroney & Fred Taylor or stay put? The only 3 backs I have that I would drop are these two and Hillis but I want to keep Hillis.

Im sure all of these NE backs will pretty much kill each others value just not sure which one to keep.

Jame Davis is still available.

Should I drop one of Maroney & Fred Taylor or stay put? The only 3 backs I have that I would drop are these two and Hillis but I want to keep Hillis.

Im sure all of these NE backs will pretty much kill each others value just not sure which one to keep.

I dropped Maroney and now have Hillis and Davis.

Anyone thinking Lewis is going to be cut is high. Including Mike Lombardi.

They already gave him $4 million back in March. All he's due to make this year is $2.5 more.

The guy could have a good year, he could end up on IR, or he could end up being the backup to Davis by Week 4.

Who knows...but for $2.5 million, I'm betting that the Browns front office is willing to find out.

The only thing this does is drive Davis's stock up a little bit, because too many people will read someone's ill-informed opinion on Rotoworld, take it as gospel, and assume Lewis will be unemployed this week.

So, thanks for that, Mike Lombardi...ya jerk.

They already gave him $4 million back in March. All he's due to make this year is $2.5 more.

The guy could have a good year, he could end up on IR, or he could end up being the backup to Davis by Week 4.

Who knows...but for $2.5 million, I'm betting that the Browns front office is willing to find out.

The only thing this does is drive Davis's stock up a little bit, because too many people will read someone's ill-informed opinion on Rotoworld, take it as gospel, and assume Lewis will be unemployed this week.

That means nothing...If the Browns consider Lewis to be uneffective at this point as a result of his training camp performance, they will cut him and not worry about the 4 million. After June 1st, that bonus can be stretched over 2 years as it applied towards the salary cap as well...whereas if they cut him before June 1st, the entire 4 million would have counted towards the 2009 salary cap....

That means nothing...If the Browns consider Lewis to be uneffective at this point as a result of his training camp performance, they will cut him and not worry about the 4 million. After June 1st, that bonus can be stretched over 2 years as it applied towards the salary cap as well...whereas if they cut him before June 1st, the entire 4 million would have counted towards the 2009 salary cap....

He wont be cut but he wont be the starter next year and will probably be splitting carries half way through the season with davis and harrison. I dont for the life of me understand why people watch a few preseason games and the assume they can forecast the upcoming season. What exactly did lewis do to deserve to be cut. Was it the Packers game where the whole Browns team had our asses basically handed to us or the last two games in which we won and showed alot of promise.

You must be a Fantasy newbie. If not, you haven't learned sqwat over the years. Davis was an excellent draft pick, and if you can't see that, well, direct your comment at yourself.

I've read this exact same post somewhere last year about a different runningback situation. deja vu.

Well, we don't know for sure about the Browns RB situation. But we do know who the doosh of this thread is.

Well, I certainly don't believe Jamal Lewis will be cut but I'm starting to wonder if I should grab Davis...

I have Shonn Greene and the "Greene is gonna steal Jones' job" whirlwind seems to have died down a lot...

Should I drop Greene and pick up Davis?

Guest cklennon

Would love to hear some updated info here...

Davis is out on my wire in 2 leagues

Contemplating dropping Norwood or Davone Bess in 1 league

and/or Fred Jackson/Shonn Greene/Nate Washington in another...hmmmmm

Well, I certainly don't believe Jamal Lewis will be cut but I'm starting to wonder if I should grab Davis...

I have Shonn Greene and the "Greene is gonna steal Jones' job" whirlwind seems to have died down a lot...

Should I drop Greene and pick up Davis?

Though I don't see Lewis getting cut (as mentioned earlier), and would expect that he would at least retain GL carries, the likelihood that Davis beats him out seems higher than the likelihood that Greene surpasses both Jones and Washington.

Davis is out on my wire in 2 leagues

Contemplating dropping Norwood or Davone Bess in 1 league

and/or Fred Jackson/Shonn Greene/Nate Washington in another...hmmmmm

I think Davis has more potential...both this year and in the future...to help your team than any of the guys you mention with the possible exception of Jackson.

He's going to be the starter for at least the first 3 games of the season, and the Bills showed last year that they intend to have him very involved in their offense.

I'm guessing Bess or Washington are no better than your #3 WR. You can find those guys. Starting RB are a whole other story.

Guest cklennon

Cut Washington for him in 1 league

We'll see how I feel tomorrow in the other when undrafted players go off waivers

I have a ton of RB depth in that league (Forte/Smith/McFadden/Rice/Norwood) and not much at WR (Megatron/Braylon :overhead: /Gonzalez/Morgan/Bess) so while Davone Bess may be the least valuable player on my bench, I think Norwood is probably the most expendable given my roster...

Jamal Lewis has not been cut. No need to thank me.

Jamal Lewis won't be cut, but he's obviously on the bubble. Not in terms of contract, they own him for now, but on playing time. They'll keep him and give it a shot, with Mangini seeing him in the Thomas Jones role, but Lewis is as one-dimensional as they come: 3 yards and a cloud of dust. All this talk of the rookie and even Harrison is just about who will play Leon Washington in this offense. Either way, Lewis is still a dud. Cleveland seems poised to become the 2009 version of the 2008 Detroit Lions.

Jamal Lewis won't be cut, but he's obviously on the bubble. Not in terms of contract, they own him for now, but on playing time. They'll keep him and give it a shot, with Mangini seeing him in the Thomas Jones role, but Lewis is as one-dimensional as they come: 3 yards and a cloud of dust. All this talk of the rookie and even Harrison is just about who will play Leon Washington in this offense. Either way, Lewis is still a dud. Cleveland seems poised to become the 2009 version of the 2008 Detroit Lions.

Cleveland's Defense is bad, but the Lions still have the worst D in the league.