Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

KSB2424: Ask Me Anything

Warning: I'm probably the least interesting person I've ever met. I'll do my best, but I fully expect this thread to fall to the bottom faster than a lead hot-air balloon with Wiffleball in the riders basket.

Height/weight?

What do you do for a living?

5'11 165

Finance/Budget Analyst for Big Pharma

Wow, you are even smaller than I am. It seems everyone here claims to be 220.

Age?

Where do you live?

Do you workout or just a skinny dude?

Play sports?

Would you choke the life out of baby for a case of beer? Wait, that hardly seems worth it. Make that a case of domestic beer.

Wow, you are even smaller than I am. It seems everyone here claims to be 220.

Age?

Where do you live?

Do you workout or just a skinny dude?

Play sports?

36 - Raleigh, NC

I've never been a gym guy, I just don't have that 'gym gene'. I've tried several times over the years (even bought a six month membership to Golds years ago) but it was a waste of money. I get bored in a gym. I really wish I didn't as I would have loved to be ripped. Instead I'm just a halfway in-shape skinny dude. Mostly due to eating habits and I do stay active.

I am a sports fantatic though (both playing and watching). I play in two softball leagues, a weekly pick up baskeball game, and I try to golf as much as I can.

Dream foursome in golf (and you're not allowed to pick Tiger) and course that you would play it on?

Warning: I'm probably the least interesting person I've ever met.

We all thank you for signing up!!

Dream foursome in golf (and you're not allowed to pick Tiger) and course that you would play it on?

Hmmm. Great question.

Golf Course would probably be Augusta. I thought about places like Pebble Beach and St. Andrews, but The Masters might be (just behind the Final Four and Super Bowl) my favorite sporting event in the world. So I go Augusta.

Foursome is tough. Let's go

1. Myself obviously

2. Dean Smith - The greatest man/coach/teacher that ever lived.

3. Charles Barkley - From a pure entertainment point of view.

4. Paula Creamer - I wanted a Pro on the list to learn from. If I can't have Tiger then I picked a Pro that I could flirt with too.

:dunno:

Are you happy in your job?

Do you see yourself advancing more in your career or have you settled into a position for the long term?

what do you really think of Big Pharma?

Marital status? Children?

Married: 5 years

Two boys. My oldest will be 3 next month and my youngest is due to arrive in March.

Giving or receiving?

This isn't ask Duck anything. :nono:

Might as well answer it both ways.

Drugs!!!! :overhead:

What all drugs have you tried? :ninja:

I didn't drink a beer until after my senior year of High School. However from age 19 to about 26 I experimented with Shrooms (twice), Acid (just once), X (4-5 times), blow (on occaision), and of course pot was a main staple during those years.

Never tried or ever wanted to the really hard stuff. That always scared me. It's only been alcohol since my mid to late twenties though.

I didn't drink a beer until after my senior year of High School. However from age 19 to about 26 I experimented with Shrooms (twice), Acid (just once), X (4-5 times), blow (on occaision), and of course pot was a main staple during those years.

Never tried or ever wanted to the really hard stuff. That always scared me. It's only been alcohol since my mid to late twenties though.

Which drug was your favorite? Rank them. We need drug ranking here on the Geek Club. :thumbsup:

Are you happy in your job?

Do you see yourself advancing more in your career or have you settled into a position for the long term?

what do you really think of Big Pharma?

Happy is such a relative term. Do I wake up every morning excited about my day at the office? Fock No. Are there aspects/relationships/monetary reasons that I like my job? Yes. I told you I was boring. :doublethumbsup:

Regarding my career path, I've reached a point where I have gone as high as I can without having any direct reports or managemnet responsiblity whatsoever. I'm an 'analyst' not a 'manager'. So I am at an internal career crossroads if you will. I could either A. settle where I'm at or B. take the next step which would be more money but much more responsibilty (time/stress). I'm currently weighing that now.

Big Pharma isn't the big bad boogie man that is sometimes portrayed.

What college did you go to?

where were you born?

What are your favorite sports teams? College or pro

This isn't ask Duck anything. :nono:

Might as well answer it both ways.

Sorry about that Duck. :doublethumbsup:

Never really been that big of fan of a reach around. Neither giving or receiveing. A. I like to look at the person doing 'it' and B. It hurts my arm.

Which drug was your favorite? Rank them. We need drug ranking here on the Geek Club. :thumbsup:

Hmmm. Not sure how to answer that question.

I would probably say alcohol. I was a really shy teenager, but booze was the kickstart I needed to come out of my shell.

As far as the other stuff? I loved the X, but it really gave me the blues the next day. Moreso than most other people I think. I didn't continue to do that stuff because I hated the way I felt the next day or two.

Shrooms were fun, but meh. The one time I really 'tripped' my buddy had some liquid Acid and we put it on a sweettart and ate it. By far the most intense feeling I've ever felt. It was at the beach, it was a group of about 6-7 of us. 4 dudes and a couple girls. It was just crazy.

I maninly did pot beause all my friends were doing it, so it was more of a social thing. It made me laugh, but ultimately just made me tired all the time (and hungry). I wasn't really a big fan.

Could you name three of your favorite authors and the title of the book you've most recently read?

What college did you go to?

where were you born?

What are your favorite sports teams? College or pro

UNC-Wilmington

Born in Raliegh, NC

I pull for the Seahawks (UNCW) when they play as its my alma mater, but ultimately I'm a huge UNC Tar Heel sports fan in College Basketball and Football. In my neck of the woods, college sports is king. You either grow up a UNC, Duke, or NC State fan. It doesn't matter where you go to school. I work with UNC fans that went to school at State (and vice versa).

Professional teams are the local guys: Panthers, Bobcats, and Hurricanes. In baseball I grew up a Red Sox fan. There is no MLB team in NC and as a little league pitcher Roger Clemens was my idol. I have baseball card books full of Clemens, Oil Can Boyd, Mike Greenwell, Ellis Burks, etc.

You're on an island, stranded with 3 women. Who are those women?

Could you name three of your favorite authors and the title of the book you've most recently read?

Thanks for the question, but I'm not nor have ever been a big reader. So I can't give you an very good answer here. I will say this though, but I have taken note of the "Book" thread that was started a week or so a go on this board and may try to start using some of y'alls recomendations. :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong. I read 'stuff'. But it's mainly WSJ, News, Sports stuff. Not so called 'books'.

how many brothers and sisters?

what did your father do?

How many states have you visited

How many countries have you visited?

where did you meet your wife?

How many chicks did you bang before you were married?

how many chicks did you bang after you were married?

whats the first name of your wife's friend that you would most like to bang?

You're on an island, stranded with 3 women. Who are those women?

Kate Beckinsale - I thought I was the only guy who ranked her this high around here until recently.

Carrie Underwood - Her legs, dear God, her legs. Plus she could sing by the campfire on this stranded island.

Blake Lively - I don't think she's the 'prettiest' but man she just does it for me.

UNC-Wilmington

Born in Raliegh, NC

I pull for the Seahawks (UNCW) when they play as its my alma mater, but ultimately I'm a huge UNC Tar Heel sports fan in College Basketball and Football. In my neck of the woods, college sports is king. You either grow up a UNC, Duke, or NC State fan. It doesn't matter where you go to school. I work with UNC fans that went to school at State (and vice versa).

Professional teams are the local guys: Panthers, Bobcats, and Hurricanes. In baseball I grew up a Red Sox fan. There is no MLB team in NC and as a little league pitcher Roger Clemens was my idol. I have baseball card books full of Clemens, Oil Can Boyd, Mike Greenwell, Ellis Burks, etc.

How can you be born in Raleigh and be a Tarheel fan :wall: :wall:

how many brothers and sisters?

what did your father do?

How many states have you visited

How many countries have you visited?

where did you meet your wife?

How many chicks did you bang before you were married?

how many chicks did you bang after you were married?

whats the first name of your wife's friend that you would most like to bang?

I have one younger brother and my Dad worked in the eletical field. He wasn't an 'electrician' per se but worked for companies that builit, for example, motherboards for computers and stuff like that. He didn't have a college education. He did spend 4 years (I think) in the Air Force.

I've visted for extended stays in SC, GA (Atl.), Florida, VA, Maryland (DC and Balt.), PA (Philly), NYC, Tennesee. Pretty much most eastern seabord states. I've been out to California once. Spent two weeks in Tempe/Pheonix and I've been to Vegas several times. I would really like to visit Boston, Texas, Chicago, and Seattle. Those are on the 'to do' list.

I've visted Mexico and the Carribean (Jaimaica/St.Lucia/etc.) quite a few times for vacations. My job shipped me out to Hyderabad, India for two weeks a few years ago. That was an interesting expeirence.

Met the wife through mutual friends.

Chicks pre marraige? I never really kept a list....I'd prolly say between 25-30. I didn't get married until 31 so that's not really that big of a number.

None since marraige, well except for my wife of course.

Courtney - She was a UFC ring girl at one point and now teaches Zumba classes. Ohhh hubba bubba.

How can you be born in Raleigh and be a Tarheel fan :wall: :wall:

My Grandfather was a Tar Heel fan, my Dad was a Tar Heel fan. I have pictures of me as a lttle kid in full Tar Heel helmet and football jersey. I really didn't have a choice. :dunno:

NC State, Duke, and UNC are all like in a 30 mintute radius of one another.

If you could have courtside/ringside/etc tickets to any sporting event in the past, what would it be?

Have you met any geeks in person?

My Grandfather was a Tar Heel fan, my Dad was a Tar Heel fan. I have pictures of me as a lttle kid in full Tar Heel helmet and football jersey. I really didn't have a choice. :dunno:

NC State, Duke, and UNC are all like in a 30 mintute radius of one another.

I was born in Raleigh as well, on campus at the old Rex memorial hospital, so I know the area well.

I was born in Raleigh as well, on campus at the old Rex memorial hospital, so I know the area well.

I was born in that hospital too. The old Rex Hospital. Cool. :thumbsup:

She tells me so; I think so. :unsure:

She says that to every guy.

How do you want to be remembered when you are gone and what are you doing to make that happen?