Sign in to follow this  
hoydogg

Backup RBs on waivers

Let's talk some backup running backs after a few injuries this past weekend. Who are you targeting? Seems like AP has the most significant injury, so could miss the most time. Will the Vikes deploy more of a split backfield with Asiata and McKinnon? Riddick seems more like a pass catching back. Not sure how much they will use him between the tackles. Whittaker had 100 yards on the ground, but C.A.P. may cut into some of that workload. I'm leaning toward targeting Whittaker. What say you?

Vikings Rb situation will be very frustrating to you.

They already announced that it will be a split with M Asiata getting most of the goal line and third down work.

Let's talk some backup running backs after a few injuries this past weekend. Who are you targeting? Seems like AP has the most significant injury, so could miss the most time. Will the Vikes deploy more of a split backfield with Asiata and McKinnon? Riddick seems more like a pass catching back. Not sure how much they will use him between the tackles. Whittaker had 100 yards on the ground, but C.A.P. may cut into some of that workload. I'm leaning toward targeting Whittaker. What say you?

It depends how long Stewart will be out for. Then you have CAP who will cut into Fozzy's work or just take over the backfield himself. Then to add more confusion, Carolina plays Minnesota this week who defense is pretty good vs the run so you probably see Carolina pass a lot this week.

It being early in the year, I have a feeling those guys are going to cost more of my FAAB than I want to spend. I'd rather save my dollars, until late in the year on guys who could actually make a difference when I need them to. There are a couple of lower key guys I'm looking into that probably won't cost as much, but offer similar upside.

Dwayne Washington -Det. Abdullah may miss some time. Riddick is a pass catcher and has proven to be unreliable when running between the tackles on a consistent basis. Washington should get the early downs and any goal line carries. Even when Abdullah comes back, he will still get the goal line work, keeping some minor value regardless.

Kenyon Drake -Mia. Probably the best combination of talent and health that Miami has. If he shows a little earlier on, he could very well take the #2 job from the unimpressive Ajayi.

Kenneth Farrow - Probably just a spell guy, but he could have some value if anything happens to Gordon.

Was almost going to start this same thread.

Whittaker is probably a lower risk, low-reward fill-in while Stewart is out. Stewart is injury-prone but it doesn't seem like he should be out too long for now. Fozzy could get some decent yardage but I don't see many TD's in his future with Cam/Tolbert/Olsen/the WR's.

I'm not sure I'd touch Asiata or McKinnon yet. AP should be back eventually too and not sure what the split will be anyway.

I'm a little more intrigued by guys like Alfred Morris, Vereen, Dwayne Washington, maybe even Jordan Howard who seem like they might have more longer term value IMO.

I lost Woodhead this week and I have the #1 ww. I'm still undecided on who I'm going to pick first. As of right now,

My choices are:

Fozzy Whittaker

Dwayne Johnson

Kenyon Drake

Jordan Howard

I really want to take Fozzy but I'm reading a few reports that Cameron Artis-Payne may be the starter....ugh!

Dwayne Johnson is nice but not for PPR leagues. Riddick will catch all the passes.

Kenyon Drake is an unknown and how much will he really play?

Jordan Howard needs Langford to get demoted and that probably won't happen for a few week if it happens at all.

Decisions Decisions Decisions!!!!!!

Kenyon Drake -Mia. Probably the best combination of talent and health that Miami has. If he shows a little earlier on, he could very well take the #2 job from the unimpressive Ajayi.

I have sneaky feeling MIA's 3rd round draft pick will end up starting by year's end.

Jordan Howard needs Langford to get demoted and that probably won't happen for a few week if it happens at all.

Langford may already be demoted. He barely played after that fumble last night....spelled by Howard, who looked good.

Yeah, I put in a couple claims but then canceled them because the choices are so uninspiring.

Sooo true

I wouldn't waste time on any Viking RB. That team can't run the ball. Everyone wake up.

I lost Woodhead this week and I have the #1 ww. I'm still undecided on who I'm going to pick first. As of right now,

My choices are:

Fozzy Whittaker

Dwayne Johnson

Kenyon Drake

Jordan Howard

I really want to take Fozzy but I'm reading a few reports that Cameron Artis-Payne may be the starter....ugh!

Dwayne Johnson is nice but not for PPR leagues. Riddick will catch all the passes.

Kenyon Drake is an unknown and how much will he really play?

Decisions Decisions Decisions!!!!!!

The rock has signed on to an NFL team?? Wow I did not know this.

He played college ball, and he's probably bigger now than then. I say go for it. I'd put in a claim.

I would roster Drake.

Hahaha....my bad!!

Dwayne Washington

It being early in the year, I have a feeling those guys are going to cost more of my FAAB than I want to spend. I'd rather save my dollars, until late in the year on guys who could actually make a difference when I need them to. There are a couple of lower key guys I'm looking into that probably won't cost as much, but offer similar upside.

Dwayne Washington -Det. Abdullah may miss some time. Riddick is a pass catcher and has proven to be unreliable when running between the tackles on a consistent basis. Washington should get the early downs and any goal line carries. Even when Abdullah comes back, he will still get the goal line work, keeping some minor value regardless.

Kenneth Farrow - Probably just a spell guy, but he could have some value if anything happens to Gordon.

Washington looked pretty good in preseason. He hits the hole and has power to get to the 2nd level and enough speed to turn it into big gains. This was mostly against the 2's and 3's. He did get some time early and still looked good.

Riddick won't be able to be an every down back as he's pretty terrible between the tackles (Week 1 was an anomoly - Indy's defense was bad).

I'd probably rank them:

McKinnon

CAP

Asiata

Washington

Drake

If my league used FAAB I would only shoot for the talent of McKinnon with Peterson possibly out for months. I still might just pick up an extra TE.

I'd probably rank them:

McKinnon

CAP

Asiata

Washington

Drake

If my league used FAAB I would only shoot for the talent of McKinnon with Peterson possibly out for months. I still might just pick up an extra TE.

I don't get the love for Mckinnon. People seem to think he's a special talent, but he isn't (anyone who splits with Asiata can't be great). On top of that, Peterson couldn't run behind that o-line, no reason to think Mckinnon or Asiata can.

I don't get the love for Mckinnon. People seem to think he's a special talent, but he isn't (anyone who splits with Asiata can't be great). On top of that, Peterson couldn't run behind that o-line, no reason to think Mckinnon or Asiata can.

That was two years ago when McKinnon was a rookie. Valid point with the running game sucking even with Peterson. I'm just saying out of all the meh options, I'd shoot for the freakiest athlete.

Vikings Rb situation will be a RBBC with McKinnon getting most of the rushes but Asiata getting most of the work in the passing game and goal line.

Man just looking at the number of guys are available I'm just not intrigued to grab any of them.

They are either in brutal timeshares or their matchups are just awful and some of them both a bad matchup and a timeshare.

Honestly, upon doing a little more research I'm leaning more towards Washington now. Big guy, sprinter speed. Already was getting the goal line work and should get Abdullah's carries. Ameer could be out awhile if it's a Lisfranc thing.

I'm 4th on order and I'm sure the top 3 guys taken will be McKinnon, Asiata and Fozzy or Ajayi. I'm thinking I can nab Pitta and then Washington.

People like McKinnon because of his career 4.9ypc.

Not saying it's valid, but that's why.

People like McKinnon because of his career 4.9ypc.

Not saying it's valid, but that's why.

That's better than I thought he would have. I'm not a Vikings fan so I don't watch every second of their games, but when I see him play I see a backup running back who splits carries with a slower backup.

CAP is expected to get the start in Carolina, according to Roto (they also called it on Monday, I think). Made me drop Alf Morris to grab him.

Cameron Artis-Payne is expected to be Carolina’s feature back against the Vikings.

"All he’s ever needed was the opportunity," coach Ron Rivera said. "We didn’t have Stew at the end of the season, so he got his opportunity and performed really well. And then this preseason, I thought he had a good preseason." Artis-Payne was inactive the first two weeks due to his lack of special teams value. He's going to split carries with Fozzy Whittaker, but projects to get the majority of early-down work. Artis-Payne should see in the range of 10-15 touches.