Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Packers: We want Favre's decision by Saturday

If I do play this year, it will be my last.

"There's no doubt about that."

And there it is. The stage is set. My bet is the farewell tour begins shortly after the draft.

Just to clear it up. Reports of Brett being a jerk to Aron Rodgers were overdone. I admit, when I saw his pre-season interview with ESPN, I thought he was being kind of a jerk. It seemed like he was upset Rodgers was drafted and the Packers were thinking about life after Favre.

But check out some Aaron Rodgers interviews. He says Favre has been an excellent teachere, always answers his questions, and helps him out whenever possible. Now to be realistic, of course Rodgers is going to say that. But, I'm pretty sure Rodgers wouldn't have talked him up as much as he did if Favre was a total jerk He probably would've just said something likt "Brett's been nice".

When talking about Rodgers last year, Favre was simply saying, the packers have him under contract to win football games as the quarterback, not to groom his successor. He's here to keep his starters spot and help the team win. He's the one of the best QB's of all time. It's up to him to play and it's up to Rodgers to gleen whatever he can by watching and asking and learning, but make no mistake about it. Favre is there to play, not babysit.

okay, here's a legit question for packer fans:

do you really want favre back at this point?

I would... Hang on to the good ones as long as you can, 'cause it might get ugly for a long time.

I wish Jim Kelly was still playing... :thumbsup:

Well, this is one Packer fan who is sick of it. Hey Brett, when you said you'd only play for Green Bay and no one else, did you think you'd always have only good times? Sorry, but this crap is growing old. "What will they do, cut me?" :thumbsup:

Maybe if you made up your damn mind, they could make some more FA moves? Maybe they'd no a little better about how to approach FA?

Sorry, but Favre is coming off a selfish ass now. He's not considering his temmates, he's not considering the organization, and he sure as hell isn't considering the fans.

I'm a Packer fan through and through, but Favre has tainted his legacy in my eyes.

okay, here's a legit question for packer fans:

do you really want favre back at this point?

Ideally, the Packers would trade for Joey Harrington, take five years to realize that he is one of the worst QBs in the history of the NFL, and ruin all of the great offensive talent we have assembled getting top picks year after year after year by continuing to let him play :unsure:

Favre is a decent QB. If he can get in a situation where the Packers can run the ball (with Green and Davenport coming back or Gado to continue improving; which he should do because he was extremely green last year) and the o-line shored up, I believe that Favre can be a marginal QB. He'll be no Eric Hipple or Charlie Batch, but good enough to move the chains. If the Packers top-10 defense continues to improve and they draft well from their super-high position, the Packers could be alright.

Lots of ifs, but we'll see. Still would rather have him here than gone, regardless.

what a jerkoff. :unsure:

sounds like a guy who knows he holds all the cards. which he does.

but it would be shockingly funny if the packers did cut him on saturday :D :blink:

so we're now going into april and no one knows?

ridiculous.

and it's wishful thinking to believe this is all some grand conspiracy to protect the packers draft (lol) and that favre and the packers knew months ago and are duping the public now with a brilliant cloak-and-dagger plan.

er, right.

How is it wishful thinking?

It is ridiculous at this point that Favre wouldn't know if he was coming back, and there is no reason that he would keep that information to himself. People know... its just not you or I. And its not the teams that might be willing to trade up and draft a top QB either.

IMO though, if TT either did not know or didn't think that Favre was coming back, he would have been looking at bringing in a veteran QB through free agency. He didn't, so it is a pretty fair bet that Favre will be back. Kind of unfortunately really, I think that this should have been the year for Favre to bow out and that it will only get tougher for him in the coming season.

sounds like a guy who knows he holds all the cards. which he does.

but it would be shockingly funny if the packers did cut him on saturday :blink: :unsure:

that would be funny.

honestly if any other players said "what are they gonna do? cut me?" they would get destroyed by the press. i'll just leave it at that, before people say i'm just a farve basher

Well, this is one Packer fan who is sick of it....

I'm a Packer fan through and through, but Favre has tainted his legacy in my eyes.

Whoa! The wheels have come off for a level-headed hoffdaddy!

Sounds like you watched the ESPN clip. I thought Brett looked full of BS the whole time. But I more got the feeling that he, McCarthy and Thompson knew a lot more than he was willing to say. Kind of reinforced my opinion that the team knows exactly what 'the decision' is and is moving forward thusly.

Yeah, I'm sick of waiting too, but it won't taint all the good times Favre has given me since 1992.

honestly if any other players said "what are they gonna do? cut me?" they would get destroyed by the press. i'll just leave it at that, before people say i'm just a farve basher

You are correct, sir.

The difference is that Favre is not other players. He has a good working relationship with the team's brass. It's the fans who are flapping in the breeze a little. Not the team. I take solace in the fact that the team isn't panicking.

Wow! I hope other people don't think this way. After a few months of him being maybe a little selfish but thats enough to change your way of thinking of him? I mean Farve just didnt win games for the Packers for the last 15 years, he changed this organization. When people think of the Packers these days, I would be willing to bet that more than half of them get a mental image of Brett Farve. What other players in sports has that affect on people? yes only the greats like Dan Marino, Michael Jordan, or John Elway. You don't taint his legacy because he's having a difficult time to decide. Maybe he does F up this year for us, so what?! he's given 15 other great ones, I think we can let one year slid. And Packers have a lot of money to throw around even if Farve stays, so its not like he's keeping us back from spending the money.

Wow! I hope other people don't think this way. After a few months of him being maybe a little selfish but thats enough to change your way of thinking of him? I mean Farve just didnt win games for the Packers for the last 15 years, he changed this organization. When people think of the Packers these days, I would be willing to bet that more than half of them get a mental image of Brett Farve. What other players in sports has that affect on people? yes only the greats like Dan Marino, Michael Jordan, or John Elway. You don't taint his legacy because he's having a difficult time to decide. Maybe he does F up this year for us, so what?! he's given 15 other great ones, I think we can let one year slid. And Packers have a lot of money to throw around even if Farve stays, so its not like he's keeping us back from spending the money.

That's the thing, it isn't just this year. It was before last season too. And that's about the eighth time I've heard him bring up the word "cut" when talking about options.

Brett, you're the one who said you'd alway be a Packer. That means good teams and rebuilding teams, not this I may hang it up if I don't like who they sign crap.

I'll always support Green Bay, and I will always respect what Favre did for this team. But, when I watch him take the field on Sundays this season, I will feel differently about him.

Hoffdaddy has tainted his legacy in my eyes :banana:

Where are you coming with that anti-Favre hippie commie crap? :banana:

Whats next? You gonna tell us that you don't support the troops? :o

I do agree that Favre is playing this out way too much. But I don't think he's having that much effect on free agency. If anything, he's keeping some good corners from signing with NFC North teams because they are unsure of whether they'll be able to pad their interception stats if he returns. :wacko:

Hoffdaddy has tainted his legacy in my eyes :banana:

Where are you coming with that anti-Favre hippie commie crap? :banana:

Whats next? You gonna tell us that you don't support the troops? :o

I do agree that Favre is playing this out way too much. But I don't think he's having that much effect on free agency. If anything, he's keeping some good corners from signing with NFC North teams because they are unsure of whether they'll be able to pad their interception stats if he returns. :wacko:

All I am saying is Brett, you look like a friggin jerk here. Make a decision already. I'm sick of hearing about it. And when he does play this year and I'm watching the game, I'll think he's a bit more of a jerk than I ever thought he was before.

All I am saying is Brett, you look like a friggin jerk here. Make a decision already. I'm sick of hearing about it. And when he does play this year and I'm watching the game, I'll think he's a bit more of a jerk than I ever thought he was before.

welcome to the darkside, hoffdaddy :wacko:

Props to Hoff for not sticking with the company line. They may take away your cheese hat if you're not careful. He is looking like an attention ###### now. If we assume that he is coming back, just say it. You are already setting up one of those annoying farewell tours. Just get it over with. If he doesnt come back, he has screwed the pack royally as they could have been involved in the Brees sweepstakes or one of the other FA qbs as a fillin until Aaron is ready.

Nobody is saying that he isnt a HOFer. I've enjoyed watching him play just as pack fans couldnt help but enjoy watching Walter. Just make the freakin decision already.

again, it's april for crying out loud. even if he says yes i have to question if there's enough gas in the tank (and in his head).

and if he does come back: you think mccarthy will be able to do a damn thing with him? no way. brett will do whatever the fock he wants. the mccarthy era isn't really going to start until #4 is gone. for good.

and if he does come back: you think mccarthy will be able to do a damn thing with him? no way. brett will do whatever the fock he wants. the mccarthy era isn't really going to start until #4 is gone. for good.

That's a very good point, but it could go either way. I could definitely see Favre doing his own thing this year, taking the team to 10-6. Then the McCarthy regime sets in for a couple 4-6 win seasons.

That's a very good point, but it could go either way. I could definitely see Favre doing his own thing this year, taking the team to 10-6. Then the McCarthy regime sets in for a couple 4-6 win seasons.

man, it's really hard to envision this packer team being capable--brett or no brett--of 10 wins this year.

but that's why they line 'em up and play all 16. who knows.

man, it's really hard to envision this packer team being capable--brett or no brett--of 10 wins this year.

but that's why they line 'em up and play all 16. who knows.

Well, they have 6 pretty easy games, off the top of my head... :thumbsdown:

While this all has been very exciting,

Packers | Deadline for Favre to make decision pushed back

Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:40:21 -0800

ESPNews reports the Green Bay Packers have pushed back the deadline for QB Brett Favre to make a decision to return to an undisclosed date. The Packers originally set a Saturday, April 1, deadline for Favre to make a decision.

Well, they have 6 pretty easy games, off the top of my head... :P

One last post here.

How many easy games were they suppose to have last year?

As of now, IMO, from my POV, Favre is retired. If he decides to come out and play this year fine.

But as far as I am concerned, he is retired.

One last post here.

How many easy games were they suppose to have last year?

As of now, IMO, from my POV, Favre is retired. If he decides to come out and play this year fine.

But as far as I am concerned, he is retired.

Maybe 2... The Vikes were supposed to be good, and Chi, and Det were supposed to be pretty descent, (Det, more so) so I give them the 2 home games vs those teams. Obviously, there are more than just divisional games, but that was the point of my comment above, so I'll stick with the fact that they could quite possibly win 4-6 this year, whereas last year I bet a prediction would be in the 2-3 range.

Maybe 2... The Vikes were supposed to be good, and Chi, and Det were supposed to be pretty descent, (Det, more so) so I give them the 2 home games vs those teams. Obviously, there are more than just divisional games, but that was the point of my comment above, so I'll stick with the fact that they could quite possibly win 4-6 this year, whereas last year I bet a prediction would be in the 2-3 range.

I will state this, a good kicker can get you two more wins.

A bad kicker will cost you two losses.

I do not have confidence in GB kicking game.

I will state this, a good kicker can get you two more wins.

A bad kicker will cost you two losses.

I do not have confidence in GB kicking game.

Nor did I last, which could've factored into their record.

Fav-re is a master at playing the media, always has been. He's very savvy, the way he has all his fans fooled with the whole "just a redneck down here in MS" thing he has going.

Not making a very good team mate what he is doing to the team right now.

This is just getting more and more funny by the day! Look, if Favre comes back for a last season hurrah, great! If he doesn't, we may get to see what Rogers can do earlier than we thought. Does it really matter either way? I mean, does anyone here really think the Packers are going to be a great team this year either way? You're kidding yourself if you do. With Favre in the game, it will probably make a difference of a 4-10 season and an 8-8 season. Either way, we're not in the playoffs. If he comes back, I'll enjoy watching him play (and I'm sure Rogers will appreciate one more year learning). If he doesn't, I'll miss him, but I'll enjoy watching what the Packers do this season anyway. Get over it, people!

Top 10 plays of Favre's Career....on SC this mourning :P :D

......it shoulda been a top 20 list

Brett Favre has earned the right to take his time.

you may feel that way if you wish, but the longer he waits the more he hurts his team

you may feel that way if you wish, but the longer he waits the more he hurts his team

I understand where your comming from....but i dont think he is really hurting the team...

they have their QB of "the future"......they have plenty of money and still are not spending it....so favre share won't go toward anything......they are not going to draft a QB....unless its on day 2...

how is this really hurting the team?.....if they hadnt drafted rogers last year i wouldnt be saying this...

I understand where your comming from....but i dont think he is really hurting the team...

they have their QB of "the future"......they have plenty of money and still are not spending it....so favre share won't go toward anything......they are not going to draft a QB....unless its on day 2...

how is this really hurting the team?.....if they hadnt drafted rogers last year i wouldnt be saying this...

to a point, you are correct in the fact that packers do have their bases covered by having rogers BUT,

the difference between having farve and rgers is a big one just alone in regards to offensive scheme. example, if farve is there, due to his experience, they can run a more complex scheme, b/c farve will pick it up faster and better. but if he retires and they throw rodgers in there, they most likely would have to dumb it down alot. with farve, you'll see complex plays, and deep field balls, the norm. with rodgers you'll end up seeing simple reads, dinks and dunks, and not to complex plays. simple safe plays with not much downfield.

also, from a management point, if they knew for sure that farve was coming back this year a few months back, maybe they would have been more willing to openi the wallet a bit and sign some FA's that would have helped in a last ditch championship push. but if they arent sure that he's coming back, why would they waste their money on these expensive parts, especially if they feel they wont contend with rogers under the helm?

the way i look at it, team management only can do 1 of 2 things at a time; build to contend for the SB, or rebuild. not knowing if your star qb is coming back makes this difficult to do.

this is a little OT, and i'm not suggesting that this is what farve is doing (i dont believe it either, i'm just thinking out of the box for a second), but anyone think that by farve not deciding in his future he trying to force the packers to cut him, so he can have a one last ditch effort with a team on the cusp of championship? if he forces the pack to cut him, he wont look like the "bad guy" (pack management will), and he still be an idol in GB, but will still have one more shot at a SB(like with the bears for example. they're only hole is a good qb). again, i'm not saying that this is the case (and i dont believe it either), but i just felt like throwing it out there

Hopefully for Green Bay he'll at least make a decision before the draft!

this is a little OT, and i'm not suggesting that this is what farve is doing (i dont believe it either, i'm just thinking out of the box for a second), but anyone think that by farve not deciding in his future he trying to force the packers to cut him, so he can have a one last ditch effort with a team on the cusp of championship? if he forces the pack to cut him, he wont look like the "bad guy" (pack management will), and he still be an idol in GB, but will still have one more shot at a SB(like with the bears for example. they're only hole is a good qb). again, i'm not saying that this is the case (and i dont believe it either), but i just felt like throwing it out there

That's an interesting point....never really thought of that. But I don't really see Favre doing that. I don't know the guy, or what he's thinking, but everything he has said up to this point is basically, 'I'm a Packer, or I'm retired'. I've never seen or heard anything to say otherwise. I just don't see him going to another team at this point in his career. I don't believe he would want to do this for many reasons, but most of all because he has always said this statement during his time in Green Bay.

Now that I've said this of course, he'll join the Raiders just to make a liar out of me. :thumbsup:

man, again, even if he does come back....his comments are more and more alarming. "what are they going to do, cut me?" and "even if i do come back this will definitely be my last year" don't give me a lot of confidence that brett's head is in the game anymore.

and even if some packer fans want to argue against that claim...what happens if he comes back and the packers suck right out of the gate again? i just don't see the fire there with him NOW and even if he *thinks* it's still there and he comes back and the packers suck right away again....poof! that candle is out, folks.

and then he'd have three solid months of getting the living shiat beat out of him to look forward to. and then he'll get smashed into the turf. and then the cameras will cut to deanna in the box with hand over her mouth. and then favre will get up and wobble to the bench with that frown and glassy-eyed headshake. then the camera will cut to him sitting on the bench holding his head in his hands.

repeat 6 times a game from late september to late december. rinse. repeat.

and before someone blasts me, i'm a favre fan!

just stay down for the count, brett. please.

man, again, even if he does come back....his comments are more and more alarming. "what are they going to do, cut me?" and "even if i do come back this will definitely be my last year" don't give me a lot of confidence that brett's head is in the game anymore.

and even if some packer fans want to argue against that claim...what happens if he comes back and the packers suck right out of the gate again? i just don't see the fire there with him NOW and even if he *thinks* it's still there and he comes back and the packers suck right away again....poof! that candle is out, folks.

and then he'd have three solid months of getting the living shiat beat out of him to look forward to. and then he'll get smashed into the turf. and then the cameras will cut to deanna in the box with hand over her mouth. and then favre will get up and wobble to the bench with that frown and glassy-eyed headshake. then the camera will cut to him sitting on the bench holding his head in his hands.

repeat 6 times a game from late september to late december. rinse. repeat.

and before someone blasts me, i'm a favre fan!

just stay down for the count, brett. please.

I'm not so sure I don't agree with you. :ninja: Maybe it would be best if he didn't come back. Like you say, (unless he and the Packers brass are blowing a smokescreen of some sort) he doesn't sound terribly enthusiastic about coming back to play another year. Well, either way, I've made my peace with the idea that he won't be back this year. Guess we'll see in the coming weeks....

Packers | Chmura chides Favre

Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:56:32 -0700

The Capital Times reports former Green Bay Packers TE Mark Chmura ripped QB Brett Favre, his former friend and teammate, during his Sunday morning radio show, April 2. Commenting on Favre's inability to make a decision on whether to retire or return for one more season, Chmura said: "People who don't think that it's all about him are fooling themselves. With a quote like 'What are they gonna do, cut me?' It's all about him." Chmura made his comments during the Miller Lite Football Show, which airs Sunday mornings from 8 to 10 a.m. on Milwaukee's ESPN Radio, WAUK-AM/1510. Chmura added that he isn't sure why Favre would want to return in 2006.

KFFL.com

The problem he has caused by not disclosing, forget about the bonus money which is immaterial.

Is they loss their #3 qb Nall in FA to the Bills.

Had Favre state he would return/retire. GB may have made a move to retain him. Also, being the #2 at that point, he may not have gone looking for another pasture.

Furthermore, they loss the ability to choose or select the FA qb they may want to either compete with or backup rogers.

As it stands now, if he does retire at this late date. The Packers have only 1 QB on their roster, excluding the NFLE guy.

This does not look to be anything good for Davenpoop, Green and other veterans who had signed a 1 year deal.

Good in that they are not binded to return next season.

Bad in that they may be playing in a transition year instead of a potential year.

You guys are gullable. Favre knows he's playing. The Packers know he's playing. They also know the media eats this crap up.

And you all buy into it. Your fault for making it an issue.

Drop it and move along people. :doublethumbsup: