Sign in to follow this  
Jim Mora

Duke Lacrosse Players Innocent

just heard on the news, can't find a link yet though...

ETA:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2404002

DURHAM, N.C. -- There is no DNA match between members of Duke University's men's lacrosse team and an exotic dancer who told police she was raped at a team party, attorneys for the team said Monday.

The alleged victim, a 27-year-old student at nearby North Carolina Central University, told police she and another woman were hired to dance at the March 13 party. The woman told police that three men at the party dragged her into a bathroom, choked her and sexually assaulted her.

Authorities ordered 46 of the 47 players on Duke's lacrosse team to submit DNA samples to investigators. Because the woman said her attackers were white, the team's sole black player was not tested.

That's a relief! We rich crackas have been getting a bad rap lately. :phew:

That's pretty focked up. So she was lying. Another boon for race relations. The whites will be mad that they were set up, the blacks will think its a coverup by the white man.

KAss... :wacko:

Once the details of the 911 call came out, I thought it was pretty evident that the story was made up. Sounded a little fishy.

What's funny to me is the fact that the school had already cancelled the rest of the season, the coach has retired, a player has been kicked out of school for sending a e-mail in bad taste, and the students of Duke University had that demonstration after it happened.

All of that before any hard evidence was looked at and decided.

I wonder how much backlash the school is going to face now?

So now we're just going to jump to the conclusion that they're all innocent? Do we need a 'jump to conclusions' mat for all of this nonsense?

"The truth is if you speak to crime lab directors, they will tell you that in only a relatively small number of cases is there any DNA evidence," said Peter Neufeld, co-founder of the Innocence Project.

they also found some pictures taken of the whoore before all of this, and she had bruises on her...

Trying to bring the white man down

So now we're just going to jump to the conclusion that they're all innocent? Do we need a 'jump to conclusions' mat for all of this nonsense?

"The truth is if you speak to crime lab directors, they will tell you that in only a relatively small number of cases is there any DNA evidence," said Peter Neufeld, co-founder of the Innocence Project.

We're "jumping to innocence" because that is what we were supposed to do in the first place. In the US, anyway.

You are absolutely correct. :D

Except, in this case there was DNA evidence.

I wouldn't be to quick to bad mouth the girl either.

You never know what's going on. She could have been druged at an earlier party and just didn't know where or what really happend.

The whole thing is very very sad.

Season Canceled, coach quit, school under fire, everyone ESPN personality ripping Duke a new one.

When are people going to learn "innocent until proven guilty" I guess for ESPN no one will watch if you play it that way. How sad :(

Do we need to jump to the conclusion they are innocent? I thought they were innocent? (until proven guilty)

Season Canceled, coach quit, school under fire, everyone ESPN personality ripping Duke a new one.

When are people going to learn "innocent until proven guilty" I guess for ESPN no one will watch if you play it that way. How sad :(

Opps....hadn't read your innocent until proven thing. I posted as I read.

Holy crap! I may have to reconsider my premature assumption that Bonds really did take steroids.

Holy crap! I may have to reconsider my premature assumption that Bonds really did take steroids.

You've somewhat got a point. I see where you are going with this.

It's a little different. Now if there was video of here going into their frat house looking fine, and she walked out crying, with a bloody lip and man goo running down her leg, it'd look a little more like they were guilty.

Bonds/McGuire's/Etc. cases lean a little more towards that scenario.

The lack of DNA evidence, that THEIR OWN attorney's are touting, doesn't mean much to me. If that was what the DA was basing his case on, then that case is in trouble. Considering the widespread hammer that the University brought down, there has to be more to this than we know at this point.

Innocent until proven guilty?

No...you are not...you are "presumed" innocent, until proven guilty.

Carry on...

NOTE: I agree people generally jump to presuming someone is guilty in nearly every case out there that gets this type of exposure.

The lack of DNA evidence, that THEIR OWN attorney's are touting, doesn't mean much to me. If that was what the DA was basing his case on, then that case is in trouble. Considering the widespread hammer that the University brought down, there has to be more to this than we know at this point.

No chit. If they were so innocent, why did Duke go to all the trouble of dealing with it like they did? Me thinks there's more to the story.

What a low down, lying, dirty rotten hooker this chick is turning out to be. :P

No chit. If they were so innocent, why did Duke go to all the trouble of dealing with it like they did? Me thinks there's more to the story.

Because the "exotic dancer" was from a nearby historically black school. The huge public outrcry led to a media barrage on the story.

That's why the University took such a strong stance, to try and save the intergrity of the school.

Maybe because none of the kids would "rat out" the ones that "did it". Maybe they didn't rat anyone out, is because NO ONE FOCKING DID ANYTHING! the school said "ok, you don't want to tell us who did it, we'll cancel the season"

What's funny to me is the fact that the school had already cancelled the rest of the season, the coach has retired, a player has been kicked out of school for sending a e-mail in bad taste, and the students of Duke University had that demonstration after it happened.

All of that before any hard evidence was looked at and decided.

I wonder how much backlash the school is going to face now?

From my point of view, the e-mail was much more than "in bad taste". It was a detestable e-mail....reflective of something very dark and evil. Just absolutely horrid.

As for the case, they're not "innocent" yet. We'll have to see how it all plays out. Like someone said, this was a statement from defense attorneys.

From my point of view, the e-mail was much more than "in bad taste". It was a detestable e-mail....reflective of something very dark and evil. Just absolutely horrid.

As for the case, they're not "innocent" yet. We'll have to see how it all plays out. Like someone said, this was a statement from defense attorneys.

Link to the email? I haven't read it yet.

I can't believe it. Back in my day, exotic dancers were widely considered the most honorable people in the world.

What's happened to us? :(

I can't believe it. Back in my day, exotic dancers were widely considered the most honorable people in the world.

What's happened to us? :(

You're an exotic dancer? <_<

If I were one of the lacrosse players accused, I would sue the shat outta her.

one thing that scares me about this case is the fact that the school suspended one of the kids for writing a friggin' email. like, dont get me wrong, it was an f'd up email, but suspend a dude for a private email he wrote to another person? thats a joke. duke is really stepping over it boundries with that move.

i mean suspending him from college could really f up his future, and over just an email? terrible move.

if it comes out that this guy did something, suspend him and throw him in jail.

for writing an email? you shouldnt be able to do anything.

if it does turn out that these kids are innocent, i hope they sue everyone they can for what the school and media has done to these guy.

if they're guilty,i hope they burn

And probably about all she owns is the shat in her pooper. Good luck with that. <_<

I would sue her, I would sue the school, I would sue the state.

I would sue her, I would sue the school, I would sue the state.

I don't think you can sue the state for something like that. They followed the guidelines of an investigation. Now, the school is another story.

one thing that scares me about this case is the fact that the school suspended one of the kids for writing a friggin' email. like, dont get me wrong, it was an f'd up email, but suspend a dude for a private email he wrote to another person? thats a joke. duke is really stepping over it boundries with that move.

i mean suspending him from college could really f up his future, and over just an email? terrible move.

if it comes out that this guy did something, suspend him and throw him in jail.

for writing an email? you shouldnt be able to do anything.

if it does turn out that these kids are innocent, i hope they sue everyone they can for what the school and media has done to these guy.

if they're guilty,i hope they burn

I haven't read any links, but I am wondering if the email was sent on the university email provider. That might give the school the right to read those emails. Like your employer having the right to read your email that you are sending from your work email account.

<_<

I haven't read any links, but I am wondering if the email was sent on the university email provider. That might give the school the right to read those emails. Like your employer having the right to read your email that you are sending from your work email account.

<_<

COULD I HAVE A LINK TO THE EMAIL PLEASE????

"The e-mail, according to an application for a search warrant of the player's dorm room, was sent from his Duke e-mail account just before 2 a.m. on March 14. Police said investigators received a copy from a confidential source, though they later won a court order seeking access to the account."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2398258

Edit:

Here is a better link w/a pic of the dude that wrote it. http://www.newsobserver.com/1185/story/425834.html

I found the email:

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did.

But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

I found the email:

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did.

But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

Solid.

:dunno:

I found the email:

The hooker / exotic dancer was Dean Wormer's daughter?

The spooge splotches they sampled from her skin and clothing might have been from the day before.

;)

i'm sure it was the university email provider and i dont have a problem with them reading the emails looking for clues on the case, but to suspend a guy from college for writing about how he want to kill a hooker, although crude, is not basis to suspend him and announce his name out publically

..... or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did.....
;)

That was moving and all... but, "took a few liberties with our female party guests" ?????

Not knowing guilt or innocence, the issue isn't "a few liberties," the issue... the question is rape - whether or not it happened... rape is a "liberty??" :wall:

"... the question is not whether or not we choked, and raped a woman while calling her filthy, racist, demeaning names..."

i'm sure it was the university email provider and i dont have a problem with them reading the emails looking for clues on the case, but to suspend a guy from college for writing about how he want to kill a hooker, although crude, is not basis to suspend him and announce his name out publically

Kids can, and have been, suspended/expelled from school for far less.