Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Most powerful voice in Rock & Roll.......

Sorry guys...After re-reading this thread, I have come to the conclusion that Mr. Bach is still the bestest evah.

I have not heard anyone sing with the passion that he does and can hit the notes and substain them as long as he can.

Also, he is usually pretty dead on live :dunno:

:dunno:

:mad:

:wub: :banana: :banana:

Serj Tankian. Discussion over.

Actually Maynard is probably equal to him, it's close, definitely two of my favs. Brent Smith has some lungs on him for sure, but, i like Maynard's and Serj's singing style better, they are both unique and powerful singers. Maynard is in 3 different, imo good-great, bands though.

:banana:

I'll be doing threads for oldest voice and must banged by a fading semi famous musician voice thread later in the week. :unsure:

Have any of you tone deaf focktards ever heard Tool?

Nobody comes close to Maynard.

BTW, if you want to rock, click the link below.

:(

a couple more that weren't mentioned:

bruce springsteen and brian johnson ac/dc

Screaming<>Singing

I don't agree with whatever you are trying to say. However, I do not agree that Maynard is on the very top like some others do. He has got a powerful voice, no doubt, but I feel he lacks the range to compete with some of the other pipes mentioned within the thread. JMO. :dunno:

I don't agree with whatever you are trying to say.

sOME PEOPLE CLAIM THAT DETAH-METAL SINGERS HAVE POWERFUL VOICES, BUT THE REASON THEIR VOICES (sorry for caps) are so powerful is because they don't have to worry about things like staying in tune, and pitch, and vocal dynamics. They are simply screaming.

By that barometer, a guy falling out of a building has a powerful voice.

sOME PEOPLE CLAIM THAT DETAH-METAL SINGERS HAVE POWERFUL VOICES, BUT THE REASON THEIR VOICES (sorry for caps) are so powerful is because they don't have to worry about things like staying in tune, and pitch, and vocal dynamics. They are simply screaming.

By that barometer, a guy falling out of a building has a powerful voice.

Yeah, but Tool isn't death metal. Sorry :dunno:

Yeah, but Tool isn't death metal. Sorry :dunno:

Does Maynard sing or scream?

Not really either, IMO.

S. Back > others :dunno:

We are all aware of your manlove for Bach. :mad:

Q: I've seen you wearing a SLAYER shirt, hanging with METALLICA and I understand you were pretty tight with the PANTERA guys. Have you ever considered doing anything more thrash metal-related?

Bach: I consider "Negative Light" off the new record my thrashiest song to date, written with Metal Mike and Steve DiGiorgio. I am writting songs with Jamey Jasta from HATEBREED, so look out for even heavier music in the future.

Q: Did the incident in Springfield December 1989 affect you as a person? Would you do the same thing today with jumping into the crowd and beat the ###### out of a person who throws something at you?

Bach: Yes, it affected me as a person. I would never do something like that again. I would just leave the stage.

Q: What do you think of the current incarnation of SKID ROW, and specifically your replacement, Johnny Solinger? Do you keep in touch with any of your old mates in the band? With the current wave of metal reunions (PRIEST, MAIDEN, CRÜE, POISON etc) there must surely just be a matter of time before the original SKID ROW lineup goes back on tour — or what!? There's gotta be TONS of money to earn out there...

Bach: What do I think of the current incarnation of SKID ROW? I don't. Absolutely zero plans on reuniting. I think if you listen to "Angel Down" [bach's new solo album] and their current music, you will realize that we have grown in different directions musically. I do not make music for money.

Q: Can you still get into the leather pants? I've broadened out quite a bit myself since them heydays, so believe me I'll understand if you can't.

I've been wondering this for a few years: your father's painting on the "Slave to the Grind" cover has been a favorite of mine for many years, I remember being quite struck by it when I first procured the tape back in '91 at the tender age of nine or ten. Do you have any idea if it is possible to pick up a print of that painting anywhere? I remember seeing a gigantic version on your living room wall (or some such) in some MTV interview years ago, though I'm imagining that would've probably been the original.

Bach: Yes [i can still get into the leather pants], every night. But, I have to go running like a crazy man for at least two months before I try to put them on. But running and exercise and drinking tons of water really seems to work. Beer doesn't!!! Damn!

I am very glad you love the "Slave" cover — yes, the original hangs on my wall. We have talked about releasing high-quality lithographs of the piece with my dad's estate. Hopefully this will happen in the future.

Q: How was it touring with PANTERA in the '90s?? were they as crazy as they seemed to be?

Bach: We brought PANTERA on tour in American arenas when they had "Cowboys From Hell" out. They released "Vulgar Display Of Power" in the middle of our tour — it was incredible to watch them explode before our very eyes. The toughest act to follow — ever!

Q: Do you think Axl could be so stubborn that he won't release "Chinese Democracy" just because his is Axl? And since you probably have heard some/most of the new stuff, could it be compaired to "Use Your Illusion" in specter of diverse type songs?? And what is your favorite GN'R song of all time?

Bach: I don't think Axl is the person that is holding up the release... The music has been done for a long time and it's incredible, epic. He has over four albums of material finished... It's in the hands of the businessmen now. Favorite GN'R song of all time... Maybe "Civil War", "Rocket Queen", "My Michelle".

Q: I wanna get a straight answer directly from you about the whole thing with VELVET REVOLVER and you..I am tired of all the internet rumors about the whole thing. Have they contacted you lately?

Bach: I have talked to Slash recently about collaborating on music, but not VELVET REVOLVER. I cannot say what the details are, but Axl Rose has helped me and this band more then anyone eklse in the music industry. It would be very akward to sing in VELVET REVOLVER being such close friends with Axl. More importantly, I like "Angel Down" more than VELVET REVOLVER music.

Both

What's your point? :dunno:

Quicksand Jesus

Bach > others :dunno:

Sebass was a god.

But did he ever do this on stage?

:mad:

I have to go with Baz too.

He's not what he once was, but he still has a decent voice.

I'm going to see Sebastian Bach, Dokken and Poison in August. :first:

I have to go with Baz too.

He's not what he once was, but he still has a decent voice.

I'm going to see Sebastian Bach, Dokken and Poison in August. :pointstosky:

:pointstosky:

Is Lynch playing with Dokken yet?

Kiss of Death - Lynch focking PWNS the :thumbsdown: in this

:thumbsdown:

Is Lynch playing with Dokken yet?

Kiss of Death - Lynch focking PWNS the :pointstosky: in this

No, George is not back in Dokken, but the guy they do have playing now (Jon Levin) does a mighty fine job. Sounds a lot like Lynch.

No, George is not back in Dokken, but the guy they do have playing now (Jon Levin) does a mighty fine job. Sounds a lot like Lynch.
Collider: It's hard not to notice that Jon Levin, who is brilliant throughout, emulates George Lynch on the majority of the record. The songwriting, playing, and even Jon's sound is so close to that of your former guitarist, what can you tell me about the songwriting and recording process for the new CD, and how deliberate it was, or wasn't, to try and capture some of Lynch's previous contributions to the band, channeling through Levin?

Don Dokken: We did not try to emulate George. Jon grew up listening to Lynch, so he is influenced by him. George was his favorite guitarist in high school. All players are influenced by someone. For Jon, it just happened to be George.

Have you ever listen to Tool? I think you can define them as nu-metal or alternative-metal. Maynard sings....

Maynard is the man. Awesome voice, definitely a singer more than a screamer.

Sebastian Bach always had an incredible voice, and I wish I had gone to see them when they were in their prime. :music_guitarred:

I'm gonna go with Geddy Lee. I love Rush.

I like RUSH, but I can't say Geddy has a "powerful" voice. Unique voice, fer sure. :doublethumbsup:

Have you ever listen to Tool? I think you can define them as nu-metal or alternative-metal. Maynard sings....

Did you just call Tool nu-metal? :doublethumbsup:

I'm gonna go with Geddy Lee. I love Rush.

Rush is my wife's favorite all time band. They are playing Red Rocks tonight here in CO (in some nice thunderstorm-like weather). We saw them last year there.