Sign in to follow this  
Jetdoc

Interboard Challenge League - Official Recruiting Thread

The Interboard Challenge League is a competition between five message boards - FFToday.com, Footballguys.com, FFWarroom.com, TheHuddle.com and FantasySportsWire.com that is in its 6th year of existence.

Each board selects 12 members to participate in one massive 60 team league.

A quick rundown on how the league works:

--- There are 5 copies of every player in the NFL.

--- There are 5 drafts held, beginning usually in late July, early August and mid August. Each board has 2-3 of its members in each draft.

--- Once the drafts are completed, all 60 teams are combined into one massive league.

--- Each week, each participant submits ONE lineup for their team, and that lineup will be matched up with four other members of the four other boards. So, essentially, you are playing 4 head-to-head matchups each week.

In the end, there will be a determination as to which FFBoard "wins" the challenge by simply adding up the wins that each of its members recorded during the season.

Now that the background is over....

FFToday is actively recruiting several members for participation in the 2006 season.

The league is free, but requires a substantial time commitment. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE TIME COMMITMENT REQUIRED FOR THIS LEAGUE. Besides drafting and submitting lineups, there is massive trade activity and waiver wire activity that occurs (I used to get 10+ trade offers per week). In addition, there is a ton of collaboration between members of the FFToday team for everything from player rankings to overall drafting strategy to trade evaluations.

We have a separate private forum for all participants where we can much better explain the league and how it works.

If you're interested, please post in this thread. Any questions about the league can be posted here as well or e-mailed to Vikings4ever or myself through this website's links. You can ask any of the present or former members as to how challenging and fun this league is IF you can commit the time to participate in it fully.

Vikings4ever (the current commissioner) will confer with the other members and make their participant selections in the next couple of weeks, so please post your interest as soon as possible!

LET'S KICK SOME BUTT FOR FFTODAY!!!!!!!@!#!@! :thumbsdown: :cry: :lol:

I have yet to play in one of the interboard leagues, but I have been a FF player since 1998 and I have been on this board with a host of names since its inception. I would be proud to represent fftoday. Email me at corsair1122@gmail.com

Thx

:banana:

Since this is the "official" IBL recruiting thread, I'll post it here too... I WANT IN!!!

You know I have the time, look at the follow-up I've been working on in the June Mock :ninja:

Seriously, I'd love to participate in the IBL :banana:

:ninja:

Well, you know I need another run at it :banana:

Since this is the "official" IBL recruiting thread, I'll post it here too... I WANT IN!!!

You know I have the time, look at the follow-up I've been working on in the June Mock :huh:

I can vouch. This man has no life to get in the way of the IBL.

I am up for it. Spend about 4 hrs a day on FF anyway. Play in multiple leages and have been a Commish for 16 strait years. Look at my posts, I am here every day. Most importantly, I know what i am doing whether it's FF or Trash Talking. Have been quoted numerous times in articles here. I would consider it a high honer and a privilage.

I would relish the opportunity to represent FFT in an interboard league, if Mike(s) will have me. I think I can compete in any league, anytime. Arrogant bastehd, ain't I? :P

this league sounds like fun, i'll play! :thumbsup:

:lol:

Is this Dr. Jeckyll or Mr. Hyde applying? :banana:

I'd like a shot at this. :thumbsup:

Hey bruh, how come I didnt get an invite back into your league last year :lol: :banana:

I'll let the recruiting threads go through the weekend, then talk with the team about who the replacements will be.

I can vouch. This man has no life to get in the way of the IBL.

VALIDATORED!!! B)

I am up for it. Spend about 4 hrs a day on FF anyway. Play in multiple leages and have been a Commish for 16 strait years. Look at my posts, I am here every day. Most importantly, I know what i am doing whether it's FF or Trash Talking. Have been quoted numerous times in articles here. I would consider it a high honer and a privilage.

What is this "high honer" that you speak of? B)

I would love to be in, but my knowledge is probably not as great as most of you.

Is Stephen Davis still playing?

What is this "high honer" that you speak of? <_<

I would love to be in, but my knowledge is probably not as great as most of you.

Is Stephen Davis still playing?

Uh, the honor of representing this bored. :pointstosky:

Uh, the honor of representing this bored. <_<

:cry:

My speeling is usually so horrible after a few beers, It made me feel better to make fun of someone else for a change...Thanx :pointstosky:

Hey bruh, how come I didnt get an invite back into your league last year :( :(

I actually did send you one from here but you never responded, I figured you werent interested. You want to play again this year?

I actually did send you one from here but you never responded, I figured you werent interested. You want to play again this year?

Yeah.

I emailed you a few times leading up to the season, guess I had the wrong info. Either way, I want to r@pe you guys for more cash :banana: :banana:

I would be interested.

I am in one local redraft league with all my friends since 2000. 2 time champ!

I am in 2 EFS dynasty leagues. one 12 team orphan that I am working on getting into shape, and one 16 team that I won the title with last year!

I limit my attention to just one more team each year...and I would love this to be it!

I also have a job where I am able to be on-line 90% of the day. That often helps me get an edge.

Let me know if you think I could help out!

I would absolutely go bonkers in this league and have a change to take it too some of the guys on the other boards.

I have played for years and always put up good teams and am always active. I spend some time in reasearch everyday for FF 365/year.

LOL. Whatever that means. A plant from 04. I hate it when people bash other boards (i.e. see this at another competing site), and seldom see that here. This is often the best board I read, thats all I meant.

I have a question for present or former members.

How challenging and fun is this league IF we can commit the time to participate in it fully?

How challenging and fun is this league IF we can commit the time to participate in it fully?

This certainly isn't a league for newbies. The members are among the best each bored has to offer.

As for fun, if you like drafting and/or trading, it's a hell of a lot of fun. With 5 drafts, there are certainly players that fall. And since you can trade from draft to draft, there's plenty of chances to get somone you value. There are literally dozens of trades before the final pick is made. I was involved in 5-10 myself, and Da Bomb about 20.

Then, of course, there's in season trading. When a star gets hurt, that's 5 teams that suddenly need help. A savy trader can jump on those openings.

Are you saying JoeFF can trade with a team that's in a draft separate from his own?

???

:P

I guess its plausible with players rather than picks.. IF that's what you're saying.

Are you saying JoeFF can trade with a team that's in a draft separate from his own?

???

:P

I guess its plausible with players rather than picks.. IF that's what you're saying.

Player 1 from draft A can trade Shaun Alexander and 2.12 (draft A) to Player 2 in Draft B for LJ and 2.11 (draft B ).

Naturally Player 2 can't go into draft A and make the pick himself, he has to let a commish know, and the commish will make the pick.

Once all the drafts are done, the draft info is imported into a league, and teams double checked.

Player 1 from draft A can trade Shaun Alexander and 2.12 (draft A) to Player 2 in Draft B for LJ and 2.11 (draft B ).

Wouldn't draft A already have someone with 2.11, in your example?

The only other option is draft A guy drafting at the 2.11 in draft B.

:splode:

Wouldn't draft A already have someone with 2.11, in your example?

The only other option is draft A guy drafting at the 2.11 in draft B.

:splode:

#2 is correct. Player 2 gives up the right to make the 2.11 pick in draft B, and gives it to Player 1.

Link to one of the drafts last year

Notice in the comments. When it says "pick for...", that means that pick is really owned by a team from another draft.

this is unequivocally the most challenging and most fun league ive ever been in. and ive been in a lot of leagues for over a decade, and its not close. especially if you like to trade, in this league you have 48 possible trading partners. if theres every a league for strategy and trading and showing off all your stuff, this is it. we want only the best of the best representing FFT.

completely serious.

I like it becasue it completley different than anyhting I have done in regards to FF.

the pro's are the " team concept " which adds a different element as you work as a team to gets certain players etc. , playing against good players from rival boreds , the fact you have unlimited trading potential if you wish to do the reseach and put the time in the is hardly a deal you cannot find.

the only con for me is that there is 0 money involved as for me a little coin would add a little more excitment but thats me.

So for me it is pretty good time. Hope you decide to throw your hat in we need a geek bored vet.

this is unequivocally the most challenging and most fun league ive ever been in. and ive been in a lot of leagues for over a decade, and its not close. especially if you like to trade, in this league you have 48 possible trading partners. if theres every a league for strategy and trading and showing off all your stuff, this is it. we want only the best of the best representing FFT.

completely serious.

I am in total agreement with Da Bomb here guys. You really have to be devoted

the entire season to this league and your fellow teammates. Having played in the league

the first three seasons, I spent countless hours on a daily basis tracking players,teams,

trade offers,proposing trades,waiver wire, injuries, as well as speaking to team

members on a daily basis seven days a week.If you cannot make this type of committment,

get a hold of the link and watch this league for the year.

Knowing the other boards rankings as well as their members drafting strategy and habits

is a big plus going into your draft. You also learn how to make deals with many of these

opponents should you know how they value certain players that may fall to your draft

pick. This usually gets you more bang for your buck in the deal. DaBomb, Jet, Fumbleweed

Walter,Boston, as well as many others including The Moz the very moment we voted him in

were solid when it came to this much needed information. You too will be expected to

research and share this knowledge.

Once you are assinged to one of the five drafts and have your draft position, you then

start watching for you targets. You can trade out of your draft and into any other draft

in order to select targets. I was in early drafts two of my three seasons, and drafted

players from all 5 drafts when the dust settled. Think of a shark smelling blood, he

invites 59 other buddys to the feeding frenzy, and that is the beginning of Draft #1,

with another starting about ten days out. This chaos continues until the very last pick

of the fifth and final draft. Unless you are truly skilled at making a plan, proficient in

ranking players, drafting value, trading and receiving greater value in return, have the

time and ability to chase down 3,4,5, or more trading partners at the same time while

considering offers that come your way many times per week, discussing such offers

with your fellow teammates, then you may want to think twice at this time.

Our first year, we sent twelve top quality players into this league. Some of the best

that this board has known. Not knowing fully the format,strategy,rules, etc, we came in

dead last. We simply did not have the experience playing in a league such as this.

Individual re-draft, dynasty, auction, you name it, this group had kicked ass for

years no matter where we all played. This however was new territory. I was exhausted

after the five drafts were completed having drafted players from all of them. I may

have made fifteen or possibly more trades during the draft, and I was probably third

in terms of draft trades from our squad. It took some of us two or three weeks just

to settle in and learn the ropes after the season had begun. You simply cannot put

you or your team at this disadvantage early on. We lost the Championship by a

single point in our second season.

These are some of the things that must be taken into consideration whenever

bringing on new members. Should many of you not get selected this time

around, I hope that this post explains a little bit more on what must be considered

in selecting replacement owners for those that depart. Good luck to all of you, and

please give this league your time, effort, as well as all of your skill. This board

is way over due IMO.

FFTODAY 2006 :wub:

#2 is correct. Player 2 gives up the right to make the 2.11 pick in draft B, and gives it to Player 1.

Link to one of the drafts last year

Notice in the comments. When it says "pick for...", that means that pick is really owned by a team from another draft.

So, is it technically possible for one guy to have two Shaun Alexanders?

:D