Sign in to follow this  
thebook

QB touchdowns (6 pt vs. 4 pt)

My league is debating over how much a passing TD should be worth. 4 or 6? Any input as to which system works better or the different strategies that arise? Thank you.

Current: 10 yards rush/point, 6 point/rush TD, 10 yards rec/point, 6 point/rec TD, 25 yards pass/point, 4 point/pass TD, -2 pt fumbles,-2 pt interceptions

Both work fine, 4 points per TD just makes the rushing QBs a bit more valuable while 6 points per TD makes the position of QB a littler more valued.

We did 6 tow years ago when Manning set the record and Cpep threw for like 40 and McNabb had like 32 (remember it was the first year of the illegal contact rule against CB's) so Passing TD's were up. SO people complained and we did 4 last year and as we all know it wasnt a great year for TD passes. So now this year we are going back to 6. I think 6 is more reasonable especially if you do -2 points for interceptions.

I prefer 6 if you are applying a negative penalty for INTs. Its also depends on what you do for otherscoring. If you are a 15yd+/1pt league then 6 is prolly too high. Assuming the standar 10yd/1pt and such, then again, I like 6.

By making TDs for QBs 4 pts instead of 6, you increase the parity of QBs, thereby decreasing the overall parity of the league (it removes the ability for a team that happens to be weaker @ another position make up for it by having a stud QB).

In a VBS (value-based system), the top 12 QBs decrease their difference from 368 to 276 (diff of 92) in a 6pt TD league down to 304 to 238 (diff of 66) in a 4pt TD league, for an overall decrease in value of QBs by about 33%. Having QBs at 6pts per TD affords the team that doesn't stack up on 3 RBs in the first round (or isn't lucky enough to draft 1-3rd in their league) to draft a top-tier QB and make up some of that point differential ground.

btw, i used 2005 fftoday stats when calculating the top 12 QB fantasy scores.

I don't see the point of reducing TD passes to 4 points. The majority of points scored by teams usually comes from the RB position. If the purpose was to make all players at all positions more equal, then RB points should be reduced a little, either by increasing the amount of yards needed to earn a point or reduce the amount of points for a TD.

Actually, I think reducing RB points (just a little) would make drafting far more interesting because it wouldn't necessarily be a given that a RB be chosen in the first round.

What do you think? I know for a fact the guys in my league wouldn't go for it :first: , but I think it's a good idea.

I don't see the point of reducing TD passes to 4 points. The majority of points scored by teams usually comes from the RB position. If the purpose was to make all players at all positions more equal, then RB points should be reduced a little, either by increasing the amount of yards needed to earn a point or reduce the amount of points for a TD.

Actually, I think reducing RB points (just a little) would make drafting far more interesting because it wouldn't necessarily be a given that a RB be chosen in the first round.

What do you think? I know for a fact the guys in my league wouldn't go for it :o , but I think it's a good idea.

1. Not many teams have the same # of rushing TDs as passing Tds, it is usually not even close.

2. As individuals very few RBs score 20 TDs, common for a QB

Last year there were 5 teams with 20 or more rushing TDs

That same year there 18 teams with 20 or more passing TDs

1. Not many teams have the same # of rushing TDs as passing Tds, it is usually not even close.

2. As individuals very few RBs score 20 TDs, common for a QB

I agree .. but RB's have the advantage in that they can earn points for catching those little passes in the backfield as well as yardage points. My worst RB's average 5 - 10 points a game ... and I never use them. The average to above average RBs can easily collect 10 - 20 points week in week out .. sometimes much more. I was just thinking that this would help take the emphasis off of RBs by putting their scores closer in line with the other positions.

I agree .. but RB's have the advantage in that they can earn points for catching those little passes in the backfield as well as yardage points. My worst RB's average 5 - 10 points a game ... and I never use them. The average to above average RBs can easily collect 10 - 20 points week in week out .. sometimes much more. I was just thinking that this would help take the emphasis off of RBs by putting their scores closer in line with the other positions.

Reducing the points per TD for RBs would have no affect on what you are describing.

I have always been a proponent of 6 pts for all TD's and I have still yet to hear any argument that would make me even consider playing in a league that does 4 pt pass TD's.

To me, the only thing 4 pt pass Td's does is distort the value of Qb's who get a lot of rushing Tds's. :doublethumbsup:

we do 5 pts td's in my league for qb's.

:doublethumbsup: Only way to go. It's splits the difference and makes QBs worth more than stupid kicker.

I think all TDs should be worth the same, no matter how they're scored.

I agree....Most leagues are 10 rushing/10 recieving = 1 point 20 yards passing = 1 point

A good day for a QB - 300 yards = 15 points

A good day for a RB/WR - 150 yards = 15 points

Sure a QB is more likely to get more TDs (normally) per game than most RBs or WRs so you have to adjust.

Keep it 6 pts

If you make passing yards 25 per point it evens out the QB position. I kinda like the fact that QBs score more fantasy points than RBs. They are essentially the most important player on an offense.

This also will not change the value assigned to QBs in the draft. As long as teams start 2 RBs and 1 QB, it will still be essential to grab 2 RBs early regardless of the fact that QBs score more points because the RB pool is so shallow (1 RB per NFL team < 2 RBs per fantasy squad). Dont worry so much about point accrual, worry about supply and demand.

Unless you want a QB dominated league 4 per passing TD is good

But aren't you just making a QB almost irrelevant? I mean, you are giving your QB 1 more point than a kicker gets on a 20 yard field goal.

I think there has been a push from the fantasy football world to make QBs an almost afterthought in fantasy football. Everyone just wants to race to see who can get the most good RBs. Wait until the 10th round to pick a QB cause 4 pts is chump change and half the leagues want to deduct -2 pts for QB ints. Why not just eliminate the QB.

Think about it though, since you only start 1 QB, don't you want it to be worth a little more proportionally? Why handicap the QB position so much in fantasy football?

i like 4...with 6, the qbs dominate too much.

yet even in 6 pt TD leagues, the first and second rounds are still dominated by WR and RB....

that argument makes no sense at all

Keep it 6 pts

If you make passing yards 25 per point it evens out the QB position. I kinda like the fact that QBs score more fantasy points than RBs. They are essentially the most important player on an offense.

This also will not change the value assigned to QBs in the draft. As long as teams start 2 RBs and 1 QB, it will still be essential to grab 2 RBs early regardless of the fact that QBs score more points because the RB pool is so shallow (1 RB per NFL team < 2 RBs per fantasy squad). Dont worry so much about point accrual, worry about supply and demand.

:wall:

I've played with both point systems and I don't think it's a "make or break" issue. I do, however, agree with the argument that a touchdown is a touchdown. If Eli throws a TD why should it be worth less than a Tiki rushing TD? Both put six points on the real scoreboard.

Also, a turnover is a turnover. An interception being -2 points takes away HALF of what a passing TD scores. An RB that fumbles is also -2 points, but this is only 1/3 of what his TD was worth. So I'd go with 6 all around. :clap:

I've played with both point systems and I don't think it's a "make or break" issue. I do, however, agree with the argument that a touchdown is a touchdown. If Eli throws a TD why should it be worth less than a Tiki rushing TD? Both put six points on the real scoreboard.

Also, a turnover is a turnover. An interception being -2 points takes away HALF of what a passing TD scores. An RB that fumbles is also -2 points, but this is only 1/3 of what his TD was worth. So I'd go with 6 all around. :clap:

It's a conspiracy, I'm telling you.

Unless you want a QB dominated league 4 per passing TD is good

:clap:

having pass tds < rush/rec tds does even things up a bit. if all tds are the same, the value of the best QBs will be higher than any other player(even SA, LT2, LJ). by making the pass td a little bit less, it evens up the field. QBs will almost always throw more tds than the ammount of rushing tds by anyone on their team so this makes for their total fantasy points to be closer to the total fantasy points of RBs/WRs.

i think the reason you arent finding solid evidence to go one way or the other is because its not a HUGE deal. its a matter of preference. i obviously like to go with the scoring system that i have been supporting, that doesnt mean that i think the other way is ludicrous.

QB touchdowns should be worth 6 points in standard leagues (starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K, and 1 Flex) because:

1) As argued above a TD is a TD and even more importantly...............

2) The value of the QB position is already diminished secondary to the typical starting lineups (1 QB and 2 RB). There is NO emphasis in fantasy football placed on QB's when a league starts a single QB scoring 4 points per TD pass. Want proof, what is the average draft position of of the 10th ranked QB vs the 10th ranked RB, and for that matter, even the 10th ranked WR?????

I play in two 12 team leagues one with standard starting lineups and 6 points for all TDs scored. This league really does have a nice balance of scoring which makes for a more interesting draft and season. My second league, which I love, we start 2 QB's and 3 WR's. You want an interesting draft and season, run with this scoring system and this starting lineup!!! There are sooooo many different strategies come draft day and managing this team throughout the season is quite the challenge!!!!

In short QB's have always been de-valued in fantasy football, because like so many other things, this is the way IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN.

2) The value of the QB position is already diminished secondary to the typical starting lineups (1 QB and 2 RB). There is NO emphasis in fantasy football placed on QB's when a league starts a single QB scoring 4 points per TD pass. Want proof, what is the average draft position of of the 10th ranked QB vs the 10th ranked RB, and for that matter, even the 10th ranked WR?????

i think this fact is more a function of the drop in fantasy value between each player in their respective position. im saying that the value at QB drops less per player than a RBs value drops per RB taken. there is not much difference in taking the 5th QB than taking the 9th QB. there is more of a point drop between the 5th and 9th RB's, however. also the fact that you start 1 QB and 2 RB's(sometimes 3 in flex leagues) is a good reason that RB's drop off the board faster than QB's.

rebooters,

you argued my point to a T. If you increase the value of a TD pass 50% you will reduce parity amongst QBs resulting in a comparable difference in rankings to the RBs. And in fact, you did agree with my point that QBs values are further dimished by having only one starter vs 2 starting RBs. I guarantee fantasy football is much more enjoyable, creative, challenging, etc when QBs are valued higher. Honestly, how hard is it to show up at the draft and take the next RB on your cheat sheet for the first two rounds, followed by taking your highest tier QB or WR in rounds 3, 4, 5??????

rebooters,

you argued my point to a T. If you increase the value of a TD pass 50% you will reduce parity amongst QBs resulting in a comparable difference in rankings to the RBs. And in fact, you did agree with my point that QBs values are further dimished by having only one starter vs 2 starting RBs. I guarantee fantasy football is much more enjoyable, creative, challenging, etc when QBs are valued higher. Honestly, how hard is it to show up at the draft and take the next RB on your cheat sheet for the first two rounds, followed by taking your highest tier QB or WR in rounds 3, 4, 5??????

Bingo, I agree with everything you said. I think everyone is afraid to prepare for a draft that doesn't involve going RB/RB and grabbing a mediocre QB late. You know, bragging that they were the last to grab a QB in the 10th round and that anyone is stupid for picking a QB in the first round. Sure if you only get 4 pts and you get -2 for INTs I wouldn't draft a QB till the 10th round either.

You only start 1 QB, why make him an afterthought in your draft preparation and lineup decision making.

Those in the 4 pt leagues, how many pick TEs before a QB? How many pick backup RBs and WRs before your starting QB....now ask that question to owners in leagues where QBs actually matter.

Doesn't make any sense.

Granted it might change where the league as a whole well draft a certain position, assigning any ponit value to any stat affects the WHOLE league evenly.

The whole thing with the 4 point qb td is to level the total points equal to rb and wr, there by making a qb's point total about the same as the other skill postions.

This evening out action is then nagated by the fact you start only 1 qb and at least 2 rb and 2 wr.

So the idea is that every league just does what a majority of the league seems to like and everyone is happy.

For instance in my main league a qb td is worth 1,000,000 points and a rb td is worth 500,000 points and a wr td is only worth 6 points. As you can see, wr's are not even really drafted.

:mad:

We do:

Throwing TD's: 4 pts

rushing and rec TD's: 6 pts

Our QB's also get 2 points every 5 completions

I always love watching people try to rationally make the case that a pass TD at 6 points overvalues the QB. Exactly how, I wonder? This isn't fantasy baseball, where so many leagues take the top 9 scorers regardless of position, often leaving 2nd basemen on the bench. And this isn't "Steal the Bacon", where one champion is chosen to compete.

Each team is going to start the same number of players, and really they compete against those at their respective positions, not against those at the other positions. Your final outcome is the tally of the differences - positive and negative - at each position.

What the 4-point rule does, then, is not balance the QB against other positions, but rather throws the balance out at its own position. Quarterbacks who rush for more TDs have an unfair advantage over their pocket-passing counterparts. And those more traditional passers may have a better game, or equal in terms of the number of TDs in a particular week, but because Vick rushes the TD in versus Peytons 5-yard throw, Vick is the better QB that day, despite equal or less statistics. Then the Manning owner has lost that position that game despite equal or better stats. That is what is out of balance.

Suggesting that QBs become too powerful is ridiculous. I agree with previous posters who have suggested that 22 of the first 24 picks going to RBs is a bit boring. Such tremendous skill! Bleh.

But aren't you just making a QB almost irrelevant? I mean, you are giving your QB 1 more point than a kicker gets on a 20 yard field goal.

I think there has been a push from the fantasy football world to make QBs an almost afterthought in fantasy football. Everyone just wants to race to see who can get the most good RBs. Wait until the 10th round to pick a QB cause 4 pts is chump change and half the leagues want to deduct -2 pts for QB ints. Why not just eliminate the QB.

Think about it though, since you only start 1 QB, don't you want it to be worth a little more proportionally? Why handicap the QB position so much in fantasy football?

In all of my leagues by the end of my year the top 15 spots usually has 5-7 QB's 7-8 RB's 3-4 Wr's

I look at it this way. For a real NFL team the QB position is one of the most integral for success and it should be the same with fantasy football.

Everyone can only start one QB so it's not hard for everyone to get their hands on a good QB unless you wait too long in which case it's becuase you are stocking your roster with RB's and WR's etc.

Sure there are the super QB's like Manning and Culpepper were before and Palmer was last year. When they have seasons like that should be carrying your team - just like they are in the real NFL.

I always love watching people try to rationally make the case that a pass TD at 6 points overvalues the QB. Exactly how, I wonder? This isn't fantasy baseball, where so many leagues take the top 9 scorers regardless of position, often leaving 2nd basemen on the bench. And this isn't "Steal the Bacon", where one champion is chosen to compete.

Each team is going to start the same number of players, and really they compete against those at their respective positions, not against those at the other positions. Your final outcome is the tally of the differences - positive and negative - at each position.

What the 4-point rule does, then, is not balance the QB against other positions, but rather throws the balance out at its own position. Quarterbacks who rush for more TDs have an unfair advantage over their pocket-passing counterparts. And those more traditional passers may have a better game, or equal in terms of the number of TDs in a particular week, but because Vick rushes the TD in versus Peytons 5-yard throw, Vick is the better QB that day, despite equal or less statistics. Then the Manning owner has lost that position that game despite equal or better stats. That is what is out of balance.

Suggesting that QBs become too powerful is ridiculous. I agree with previous posters who have suggested that 22 of the first 24 picks going to RBs is a bit boring. Such tremendous skill! Bleh.

actually peyton might get more points still because he would have more passing yards and alot of the time he has more tds than vick does. also, ive never been in a draft where 22 of the first 24 have been rb's.

Hello all,

My league is debating over how much a passing TD should be worth. We did four points per pass TD last year and we are considering going to 6 pt this year. Any input as to which system works better or the different strategies that arise? Thank you.

Current: 10 yards rush/point, 6 point/rush TD, 10 yards rec/point, 6 point/rec TD, 25 yards pass/point, 4 point/pass TD, -2 pt fumbles,-2 pt interceptions

Ok, heres the deal. My league is run on the same scoring system as your, we also give 3 bonus pts for 300yd passing games and 100yd rush/rec games

Here are the rankings by position (QB,RB,WR) for the top 10, 20 and 30 overall fantasy scorers from last season. (4pts for pass/TD)

Top 10

6 RB,

3 QB's

1 WR

Top 20

8 are RB

10 are QB

2 are WR

Top 30

14 QB

9 RB

7 WR

I wouldnt move QB points to 6, they already dominate your league at 4.

Here is the top 100 from my league last year.

6Pts All TDs, -2 INT/Fum, 1 pt per rush/rec, 1 point per 25 pass.

Makes sense - after Edge there was a big dip in RBs.

Unless you went for Carson or Manning it didn't make sense still to go for a QB earlier than your #2 RB.

And WR's were really weak last year. Other thatn Steve Smith and Santana Moss no one was consistent.

Rank Position Player Points

1 RB Alexander, Shaun RB SEA 350

2 QB Palmer, Carson QB CIN 324

3 RB Tomlinson, LaDainian RB SD 322

4 RB Johnson, Larry RB KC 316

5 QB Manning, Peyton QB IND 296

6 QB Brady, Tom QB NE 296

7 RB Barber, Tiki RB NYG 296

8 QB Manning, Eli QB NYG 266

9 QB Hasselbeck, Matt QB SEA 264

10 RB James, Edgerrin RB ARI 262

11 QB Brees, Drew QB NO 252

12 QB Bledsoe, Drew QB DAL 248

13 QB Collins, Kerry QB OAK 246

14 QB Delhomme, Jake QB CAR 242

15 QB Plummer, Jake QB DEN 240

16 QB Green, Trent QB KC 238

17 QB Vick, Michael QB ATL 238

18 RB Portis, Clinton RB WAS 234

19 QB Brunell, Mark QB WAS 228

20 WR Smith, Steve WR CAR 222

21 RB Johnson, Rudi RB CIN 220

22 RB Jordan, LaMont RB OAK 216

23 QB Favre, Brett QB GB 204

24 QB McNair, Steve QB BAL 198

25 WR Moss, Santana WR WAS 198

26 QB Frerotte, Gus QB STL 194

27 QB Roethlisberger, Ben QB PIT 194

28 RB Anderson, Mike RB BAL 190

29 WR Galloway, Joey WR TB 190

30 WR Fitzgerald, Larry WR ARI 190

31 QB Brooks, Aaron QB OAK 188

32 RB Jackson, Steven RB STL 188

33 WR Harrison, Marvin WR IND 186

34 QB McNabb, Donovan QB PHI 184

35 WR Johnson, Chad WR CIN 184

36 RB Jones, Thomas RB CHI 182

37 WR Holt, Torry WR STL 182

38 QB Carr, David QB HOU 178

39 QB Leftwich, Byron QB JAC 174

40 WR Boldin, Anquan WR ARI 172

41 RB Dunn, Warrick RB ATL 166

42 RB Davis, Domanick RB HOU 164

43 WR Ward, Hines WR PIT 162

44 WR Glenn, Terry WR DAL 162

45 RB Dillon, Corey RB NE 160

46 WR Chambers, Chris WR MIA 160

47 RB Parker, Willie RB PIT 158

48 RB McGahee, Willis RB BUF 156

49 RB Droughns, Reuben RB CLE 154

50 WR Burress, Plaxico WR NYG 154

51 QB Bulger, Marc QB STL 150

52 RB Brown, Chris RB TEN 150

53 WR Moss, Randy WR OAK 146

54 RB Williams, Cadillac RB TB 144

55 WR Driver, Donald WR GB 144

56 QB Warner, Kurt QB ARI 142

57 RB Westbrook, Brian RB PHI 142

58 RB Jones, Julius RB DAL 138

59 WR McCardell, Keenan WR SD 136

60 WR Smith, Jimmy WR JAC 134

61 RB Bell, Tatum RB DEN 130

62 WR Smith, Rod WR DEN 130

63 QB Johnson, Brad QB MIN 128

64 RB Foster, DeShaun RB CAR 128

65 WR Branch, Deion WR NE 128

66 WR Houshmandzadeh, T.J. WR CIN 128

67 WR Wayne, Reggie WR IND 128

68 WR Jurevicius, Joe WR CLE 126

69 WR Kennison, Eddie WR KC 126

70 RB Davis, Stephen RB CAR 124

71 WR Curtis, Kevin WR STL 122

72 WR Stallworth, Donte' WR NO 122

73 QB Harrington, Joey QB MIA 120

74 QB Dilfer, Trent QB SF 120

75 WR Bryant, Antonio WR SF 120

76 QB Simms, Chris QB TB 118

77 RB Brown, Ronnie RB MIA 118

78 QB Boller, Kyle QB BAL 114

79 RB Moore, Mewelde RB MIN 114

80 WR Williams, Roy WR DET 114

81 WR Johnson, Keyshawn WR CAR 114

82 WR Mason, Derrick WR BAL 114

83 WR Porter, Jerry WR OAK 112

84 WR Coles, Laveranues WR NYJ 112

85 RB Lewis, Jamal RB BAL 110

86 WR Evans, Lee WR BUF 108

87 WR Wilford, Ernest WR JAC 108

88 WR Toomer, Amani WR NYG 108

89 WR Moulds, Eric WR HOU 106

90 WR Owens, Terrell WR DAL 102

91 RB Williams, Ricky RB MIA 98

92 QB McCown, Josh QB DET 96

93 QB Holcomb, Kelly QB BUF 94

94 RB Jones, Kevin RB DET 94

95 WR Lloyd, Brandon WR WAS 94

96 QB Garrard, David QB JAC 92

97 RB Martin, Curtis RB NYJ 92

98 RB Bettis, Jerome RB PIT 90

99 RB Holmes, Priest RB KC 90

100 WR Muhammad, Muhsin WR CHI 90

I think the reason why people do the 4 points for a TD pass is because to try to even it out between WR's and RB's. Not many running backs or receivers score 25 TDs a year while a QB will throw 25+ a year. My league has had the 4 pts for a TD pass for 9 years now, and we don't plan on changing it

If Eli throws a TD why should it be worth less than a Tiki rushing TD? Both put six points on the real scoreboard.

true but tiki barber has no shot at rushing for 30 td's, where it would not be to crazy if Eli threw for 30 or his bro went well over 40. I play in three leagues, one is 6, two is 4, and three is 3. Really I could care less, everyone know the rules when the season starts and you draft according.

actually peyton might get more points still because he would have more passing yards and alot of the time he has more tds than vick does. also, ive never been in a draft where 22 of the first 24 have been rb's.

I deliberately overstated this, but I believe I have seen a draft - 3 years ago - in which 22 of the first 24 picks were RBs. That's a bit over the top, but the exaggeration isn't so far away as to nullify the point. And as long as that is the case, those who argue that QB pts need to be emasculated for the sake of position parity will have no argument whatsoever. Unless, of course, they would suggest that the 12th best RB is really better than 3rd best QB. OK. Whatever.

Enjoy that system. It just seems a bit off to me.

true but tiki barber has no shot at rushing for 30 td's, where it would not be to crazy if Eli threw for 30 or his bro went well over 40. I play in three leagues, one is 6, two is 4, and three is 3. Really I could care less, everyone know the rules when the season starts and you draft according.

I don't get this. Why does Tiki have to be equal to Eli? If the goal is parity across positions (and that by the end of the year), then TEs need to have the value of their TDs doubled. Otherwise, the RBs are worth too much more than them. :rolleyes:

It's only crazy because you would never consider it.  The logic is the same as that used to diminish QB scoring, though.

I will clearly establish that QBs are undervalued. Last I checked the players of most benefit to a team in any league (MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, etc) are chosen with highest priority. So let's take a look at antsports.com average draft position thus far, highlighting the top 40 draft picks:

1. Larry Johnson RB KCC 1.01.19 1.01 1.02 00.40 47

2. Shaun Alexander RB SEA 1.02.39 1.01 1.03 00.71 46

3. LaDainian Tomlinson RB SDC 1.02.47 1.01 1.04 00.69 47

4. Clinton Portis RB WAS 1.04.46 1.03 1.07 00.72 46

5. Tiki Barber RB NYG 1.05.27 1.04 1.08 00.99 45

6. Steven Jackson RB STL 1.06.87 1.04 1.11 01.49 45

7. Edgerrin James RB ARI 1.07.13 1.04 1.10 01.34 46

8. LaMont Jordan RB OAK 1.07.98 1.05 2.02 02.06 47

9. Ronnie Brown RB MIA 1.09.32 1.04 2.01 01.72 47

10. Rudi Johnson RB CIN 1.10.68 1.06 2.03 01.93 47

11. Carnell Williams RB TBB 1.11.47 1.07 2.05 02.44 45

12. Steve Smith WR CAR 2.01.64 1.09 2.07 02.60 45

13. Domanick Davis RB HOU 2.02.76 1.10 2.11 03.06 46

14. Terrell Owens WR DAL 2.02.77 1.06 2.11 03.79 44

15. Brian Westbrook RB PHI 2.03.07 1.10 2.12 03.59 44

16. Peyton Manning QB IND 2.04.93 1.06 3.06 05.73 45

17. Chad Johnson WR CIN 2.05.00 1.11 2.10 02.40 45

18. Willis McGahee RB BUF 2.06.19 1.11 3.07 04.38 43

19. Torry Holt WR STL 2.06.50 2.01 3.02 02.93 46

20. Larry Fitzgerald WR ARI 2.08.27 2.01 3.01 03.12 44

21. Julius Jones RB DAL 2.09.35 2.01 3.08 04.45 43

22. Randy Moss WR OAK 2.10.62 2.04 3.04 02.81 45

23. Marvin Harrison WR IND 2.11.16 2.05 3.06 03.20 45

24. Kevin Jones RB DET 2.11.41 2.02 3.08 04.50 44

25. Anquan Boldin WR ARI 2.12.95 2.02 3.09 03.46 41

26. Antonio Gates TE SDC 3.02.64 2.02 4.01 05.22 45

27. Willie Parker RB PIT 3.03.36 1.03 4.06 07.89 45

28. Chris Chambers WR MIA 3.05.55 2.08 4.06 03.98 42

29. Reggie Wayne WR IND 3.06.58 3.01 4.01 03.17 43

30. Jamal Lewis RB BAL 3.06.86 2.03 4.11 05.64 44

31. Reuben Droughns RB CLE 3.08.20 2.02 4.11 06.19 46

32. Chester Taylor RB MIN 3.09.34 3.03 4.12 04.86 44

33. Reggie Bush RB NOS 3.09.77 2.06 4.12 06.76 43

34. Hines Ward WR PIT 3.10.11 3.02 4.08 04.11 45

35. Darrell Jackson WR SEA 3.11.16 3.04 5.01 04.63 43

36. Warrick Dunn RB ATL 3.12.57 2.06 5.12 07.77 46

37. Roy Williams WR DET 4.01.09 3.03 4.09 04.03 45

38. Santana Moss WR WAS 4.02.58 2.12 5.05 06.43 45

39. Plaxico Burress WR NYG 4.04.89 3.06 5.05 04.67 45

40. Tatum Bell RB DEN 4.06.74 3.05 5.07 06.93 43

Top 10 = 10 RBs

11-20 = 4 RB, 5 WR, and 1 QB

21-30 = 4 RB, 5 WR, and 1 TE

31-40 = 5 RB and 5 WR

That's right only one QB has an average draft position in the top 40 equal to TE's and a single pick more than the friggin kickers!!! It's madness, a product of doing what everyone else does, or doing it the way it has always been done. Fortunately, my leagues value all TDs at 6 points and better yet in one of my 12 team leagues we start 2 QBs.

Want a good time, 12 team league, start 2 QBs. Starting two QBs would be the only way to have [/i]even the slightest argument for 4 point TD passes.

the truth,

bushwood