Sign in to follow this  
RamslovaMartzhata

The __________ will win the Superbowl

Besides the obvious choice in the Rams, my pick is the Denver Broncos.

Simply put, they seem like the best football team to me. In more detail:

They can run the football and they can stop the run... two very important pieces in the Superbowl formula. They didn't lose anyone of significant importance. The only players of value that they lost were Trevor Pryce who has definitely lost a (big) step in recent years, and Mike Anderson.. who I am not sold on as being as good as his numbers last year would suggest. I don't think that running game will miss a beat. Their biggest lost is probably Kubiak as a coach, but Hermindinger is a lateral step in my opinion... and Skeletor is the one who makes that offense click.

Problems they have stem on the defensive side of the football. They still lack a pass rusher up front and had to blitz a lot last year because of that fact. That left their secondary exposed far too often.. and John Lynch has sub-par skills in coverage. Just ask Big Ben about what I am talking about. Bailey absolutely needs to stay healthier than he has in the past couple. I guess th eother question mark is Plummer, but he has been a good managing QB for the Doncos. Nothing great, but can make enough plays to win.

Despite all of that, I just think that their schedule is far less formidable this year (last year non conference vs the AFC East and NFC East.. this year vs the AFC north and the NFC West), and that they will ride the winning momentum all the way through to Miami and hoist the Lombardi trophy in the end. I think that Javon Walker will make a noticeable difference. Talk all you want about the knee, but Smith, Walker, and Lelie are far better than Smith, Lelie, and (Watts?).

Quick reason why I think Pitt won't win it: Ben's accident, loss of Randle El, and loss of Bettis in the lockeroom. Biggest thing though is my gut just doesn't feel they will repeat. Cowher will continue to lead, but at the same time everyone guns for you when you are the champ, and they are yong at the skill positions.

Seattle: Not just one, but TWO big mojo's working against them. A) The superbowl loser has failed to make the playoffs for 5 years straight. :banana: Madden Curse.

Indy: A lot of the Colts passing game thrives on play-action, and Rhodes or Addai aren't nearly going to give them that big Edge that they had in the past.

And I really don't see any other team as a legtimate threat

Madden curse my ass. It's just bullshit. Shaun will be Shaun in the shitty NFC West and will put up monster numbers as usual. Seattle has the talent and will be back and win the Superbowl this year. And I also believe, once again, the Steelers and Patriots will be powerful forces in the AFC. No one gives the Pats any credit. But back to my original point, the Madden curse is just bullshit. And one more thing, the Rams won't win jack ######, except maybe I spot on NFL most disapointing teams in early Febuary.

Madden curse my ass. It's just bullshit. Shaun will be Shaun in the shitty NFC West and will put up monster numbers as usual. Seattle has the talent and will be back and win the Superbowl this year. And I also believe, once again, the Steelers and Patriots will be powerful forces in the AFC. No one gives the Pats any credit. But back to my original point, the Madden curse is just bullshit. And one more thing, the Rams won't win jack ######, except maybe I spot on NFL most disapointing teams in early Febuary.

I sense much anger in you...

this is fantasyfreak64's alias....he is a Shaun Ally lover, and seems to be very loyal to him, so he doesnt believe in the madden curse, or just wont accept it.

He doens't know anything.

-4 for spelling and double use of a negative :cry:

Dallas Cowboys

Veteran QB

Good coach

Solid DEF

Solid running game

Solid WR's/TE

If they gel and play like a team-- which I think they will-- they will win their division and win the Superbowl.

Haha, it's not anger. It's the fact this guy made a really crapy thread and I'm telling him off which is funny. He doens't know anything.

yo phil, dont go bashing people about not knowing anything, when u have no clue yourself. REMEMBER u thought hines ward was on madden, and u also thought jimmy smith was still on the jags in June. i mean, u just cant tell people that they dont know anything. :cry:.

No one seems to be giving the Panthers any credit. Great D, improved O, could be a bear this year...or rather a cat...ok a solid contender, at least.

the Patriots will probably win it all again this year. They likely wont be crushed with injury throughout their entire team again, theyll run the ball a ton better this year, their secondary will play 200% better than last year, and Brady wont make another brutal mistake like the one in the Denver game. A fairly safe bet, and Im sure they are probably the odds on favorite, but Ill go with them winning it again anyway. I can see them beating Dallas in the Superbowl.

Dallas Cowboys

Veteran QB

Good coach

Solid DEF

Solid running game

Solid WR's/TE

If they gel and play like a team-- which I think they will-- they will win their division and win the Superbowl.

So many teams have this... :cry:

Yea Phil, I think you went a little bit overboard with the name calling. Haha moron. Anyway..yes i agree that the Panthers have a great chance. I think they'll beat Seattle for the NFC title this year. :cry: Madden Curse.

Jaguars

ALSOIAMAHOMER

If pressed I'd go Carolina

Panthers. Now have 2 goods RB's, and a legit #2 WR. Good run game plus a good D = Superbowl.

Patriots! Still have the best head coach and QB in the league. The Def should be much healthier than last, added some new bloo :pointstosky: d thru the draft on Off. The schedule is not nearly as tough as last season!!!!! 12-4 HERE WE GO PATRIOTS, HERE WE GO!!!

The San Francisco 49ers

in 2015

But next year, I'm gonna take a long shot and say the Arizona Cardinals

Seattle - Denver

Broncos win as much as I focking hate da Broncos !

Easy killer... also, learn to read between the lines on what was clearly a joke (about the Rams). As for the Madden Curse, I don't believe in it either... I would not hesitate to take Alexander #1 overall. I do believe in Superbowl hangover though.

easy, chiefs.

Also, OLD NEWS!

I thought I remember seeing a thread on this a while ago, and actually did do a search.. but seeing as the last post was 5/30... I didn't go back that far ;)

Haha, it's not anger. It's the fact this guy made a really crapy thread and I'm telling him off which is funny. He doens't know anything.

I know a couple of things... The Rams have won infinitely more superbowls than the Seattle has, and when we lose we don't cry and blame referees.

Dallas Cowboys

Veteran QB

Good coach

Solid DEF

Solid running game

Solid WR's/TE

I like Dallas too, and I think they may very well represent the NFC :doublethumbsup:

Panthers-Broncos in the big show with the Panthers taking it all.

...which is funny.

No, it's not. Let's just stick with being a douchebag for now and leave the being funny to the funny people, m'kay pumpkin?

I thought I remember seeing a thread on this a while ago, and actually did do a search.. but seeing as the last post was 5/30... I didn't go back that far :thumbsup:

:

u just didnt try the geek boted ;)

It's a dead lock: The Cowboys will win the Superbowl.

Bet your house on it; I'm right almost 4% of the time!

Skins.

The team was a loss to Seattle from being in the SB. For once they kept pretty much the entire team. Only added 2 WRs, and they really needed some other options in the passing game. Randel-El should greatly improve the special teams. They had the worst special team in the league last year. They lost their head cases in Ramsey and Arrington, which should help moral a bit. Brunell is effective from a NFL perspective (obviously not so much from a fantasy perspective). Strong defense. Good running game. Saunders as OC.

From a Falcon Fan

Carolina Panthers will be strong this year. Should easily win the NFC Title and give any AFC team a good game in the SuperBowl.

As much as I hate to say it.

Panthers. Now have 2 goods RB's, and a legit #2 WR. Good run game plus a good D = Superbowl.

Seattle has all that...... only better :mad:

Running the ball and stopping the run are the 2 most important things in football.

Therefore since the Chargers have the no1 rush defense to go along with the arguably #1 RB and THE #1 TE I will pick them

Bolts over Panthers 27-20

Running the ball and stopping the run are the 2 most important things in football.

Therefore since the Chargers have the no1 rush defense to go along with the arguably #1 RB and THE #1 TE I will pick them

Bolts over Panthers 27-20

the problem is, their QB is inexperienced. i doubt he can lead them through the playoffs

.....if they didnt have such a hard schedule

I'm not all that concerned with the schedule. I see a lot of difficult games, but difficult games I expect them to win. It's still early, but I think people are going to be very suprised at how good this team will be this year.

Patriots! Still have the best head coach and QB in the league. The Def should be much healthier than last, added some new bloo :clap: d thru the draft on Off. The schedule is not nearly as tough as last season!!!!! 12-4 HERE WE GO PATRIOTS, HERE WE GO!!!

ummm...what about peyton manning?...brady the best qb...pshhhttt

yo phil, dont go bashing people about not knowing anything, when u have no clue yourself. REMEMBER u thought hines ward was on madden, and u also thought jimmy smith was still on the jags in June. i mean, u just cant tell people that they dont know anything. :clap:.

BUSTED!!!

Total guess here .... Carolina.

nothing to back it up ... just a hunch. Bash away...