Sign in to follow this  
harken34

Mcnabb fires back

did you say poor T.O.? :blink:

Did I stutter. Sounds like his book is poor me and why is everyone picking on me. It's because he's a dumb A@S. But one hell of a football player.

i cant wait until T.O. has been retired for 3 or 4 years. Then, we get to hear all the news stories about how he went broke by wasting his money on 40 ft gold statues of himself and a after buying a bridge in brooklyn. Seriously, this guy better hope he has a better babysitter than rosnehaus or he's gonna end up in mike tysonville.

McNabb is a clown... he got jealous and realized that T.O. was eating up his fame in Philly ... I'm not defending T.O. even though I love what he brings to the table, but no doubt in my mind that McNabb is the route of all evil in the city of Philadelphia....

You think he wanted to win that SuperBowl with Terrell Owens in town so the world would think Owens' arrival is what finally got them "over the hump" ? uh No... Donovan is to important in Philly for that to happen... better off drafting Akili Smith, Cade McKown or Daunte Culpepper.... would have saved them few years of wasted time...

McNabb is a clown... he got jealous and realized that T.O. was eating up his fame in Philly ... I'm not defending T.O. even though I love what he brings to the table, but no doubt in my mind that McNabb is the route of all evil in the city of Philadelphia....

You think he wanted to win that SuperBowl with Terrell Owens in town so the world would think Owens' arrival is what finally got them "over the hump" ? uh No...

Congratulations :ninja: this is the single most stupid post I have seen on this bored. And I am certainly NOT and eagles fan.

You think he wanted to win that SuperBowl with Terrell Owens in town so the world would think Owens' arrival is what finally got them "over the hump" ? uh No... Donovan is to important in Philly for that to happen... better off drafting Akili Smith, Cade McKown or Daunte Culpepper.... would have saved them few years of wasted time...

I am "stupider" for having read your post. I want the last 8 seconds of my life back!

:remembertoignoreRas66not99:

Dumbest post ever. Congrats. :wacko:

McNabb's turn to fire shots at T.O.

ROB MAADDI

Associated Press

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Donovan McNabb does a better job avoiding tacklers than lingering questions about Terrell Owens.

Speaking to reporters after practice Friday, a cordial McNabb called Owens' recently released autobiography a "children's book," mocked the star receiver for saying he was misquoted in his own book and disputed some of the written allegations.

McNabb and Owens helped lead the Philadelphia Eagles to the Super Bowl during the 2004 season, but their relationship quickly deteriorated in 2005. Owens eventually was kicked off the team and signed with the Dallas Cowboys in March.

In "T.O.," which came out earlier this month, Owens mostly offers his side of his tumultuous second season in Philadelphia. McNabb joked that he should have been a co-author because Owens mentioned the five-time Pro Bowl quarterback at length in the book.

"It won't sell unless he's talking about me," McNabb said, adding that he didn't read the book and is waiting to play himself in the movie.

Owens likens McNabb to a bully who spat in his mouth as a teenager while he innocently slept on a school bus. He traces the root of the friction to when McNabb didn't throw him the ball on a play in a game during his first season with the Eagles.

McNabb scoffed at Owens' version of events.

"He told me, 'Hey, I was open on that. Throw me the ball,'" McNabb said in a soft voice. "And you guys believe that, I'm sure. I mean, you think about that."

Owens also claims that one of the offensive coaches told him McNabb gets tense in big games.

"It's funny how they would just come to him," McNabb said sarcastically. "Why wouldn't they just say something to me? To say that I can't play in big games, I don't think that's a true statement at all, so I don't get offended by anything he may have said in his book that he was misquoted."

McNabb denied the implication that he influenced management's decision to suspend Owens.

"I can sit here and say that's not true," McNabb said. "If I had that much pull, a lot of changes would be made."

Though he isn't too fond of Owens the person, McNabb praised Owens the player.

"He's a great player. He works hard. He gets out on the field and makes plays. That's all you ask," McNabb said. "Now, what you may get other than that, you never know nowadays."

McNabb is eager to forget about Owens and move forward following a terrible season that was equally rough on and off the field. Besides feuding with his former favorite receiver, McNabb played through injuries most of the year, before he had surgery for a sports hernia and sat out the final seven games.

The Eagles finished 6-10 and missed the playoffs for the first time since 1999, ending a string of four consecutive appearances in the NFC championship game.

A healthy McNabb is key to Philadelphia's success. But now he's facing questions about his leadership skills because of the perception that the locker room was divided among McNabb and T.O. supporters.

"I've never felt I lost the locker room and I don't feel I need to get the locker room back," McNabb said. "To be honest with you, the way that you win anything is by winning games. The way of handling it for me is just to get out on this football field, make plays and then win games."

After a strong start last season, McNabb struggled badly. Overall, he passed for 2,507 yards, 16 touchdowns, nine interceptions and had a passer rating of 85.0. He threw a costly interception in the fourth quarter in each of his last three games, the last being the one that Dallas safety Roy Williams returned 46 yards for a touchdown with 2:43 left to lead the Cowboys to a 21-20 comeback victory that dropped the Eagles' record to 4-5.

"The good thing in life is that you can put the past behind you and move on and kind of create your own future," McNabb said. "This team is definitely hungry. This team is looking forward to getting out there and answering the critics."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoken like a real man. Let's face it, Owens has some enormous personal issues. Bryant Gumbel made him look real foolish last week on his HBO show. TO's made himself look foolish over the last 3-4 years of his career.

According to him, there's a media conspiracy to make him look bad, whenever anything goes wrong, it's someone else's fault, and everyone has picked on him his entire life.

He's a tremendous athlete and a child-like persona trapped in a man's body. He's a self-serving shallow human being with absolutely no clue about how to get along with others.

He will blow up in Dallas. :wacko:

This might be the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever read.

Yeah...McNabb blew his chance at a ring because he did not want Owens to get any glory. B)

Better off drafting those guys that have done nothing rather than the QB who has won probably twice as many games as those 3 combined...actually probably more like 3 times as many.

Get a clue.

BTW...I am not an Eagles fan by any means...but this just was the dumbest thing I have ever read.

looks like Ras66not99 caught alot of fish with that piece of bait :thumbsup:

Nah...I just think he is that dumb.

Nah...I just think he is that dumb.

seriously? people are made this stupid? if he's being honest, i am then in awe of how braindead he is

Not defending TO, but McNabb is one of the biggest choke artist there is. What has he won? Philly has had a load of talent and played in one of hte weakest divisions in football from 99 to 04; but now that the tables are turned and Washington/Dallas and even the Giants have caught up to them talent wise, McNabb's "window of opportunity" is now almost closed. He's never won anything and his one NFC Title Game is a result of the NFC being down. I believe TO when he said an Offensive coach said he gets tight in big games - HE DOES! And also about the superbowl when McNabb was hyperventilating in the huddle. A lot of things can be said about how childish TO is, but I get the feeling the guy calls it like he sees it and that's why he's considered a jerk.

Oh well, nice run for you Eagles fans, maybe in a about 10 years you'll have another contenda.

Philly deserves both these clowns.

Congratulations :banana: this is the single most stupid post I have seen on this bored. And I am certainly NOT and eagles fan.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ras66not99 has has a lot of dumb replys. Seems like every time I post something he's right behind me and writes something stupid like he did in this subject. He's :wacko:

Not defending TO, but McNabb is one of the biggest choke artist there is. What has he won? Philly has had a load of talent and played in one of hte weakest divisions in football from 99 to 04; but now that the tables are turned and Washington/Dallas and even the Giants have caught up to them talent wise, McNabb's "window of opportunity" is now almost closed. He's never won anything and his one NFC Title Game is a result of the NFC being down. I believe TO when he said an Offensive coach said he gets tight in big games - HE DOES! And also about the superbowl when McNabb was hyperventilating in the huddle. A lot of things can be said about how childish TO is, but I get the feeling the guy calls it like he sees it and that's why he's considered a jerk.

That's what i'm talkin bout baby.... finally someone saying it like it is....

And as for you Harken.... I'm sorry I hurt your feelings about telling you to get glasses after saying you couldn't see a Trend for Eric Moulds.... a player that had 1368 yards in 1998 then back down under a thousand in 1999, then back up to 1326 in 2000, then back under a thousand in 2001, then back up to 1292 in 2002, then back under a thousand in 2003, then 1043 in 2004, then back under a thousand in 2005... you're right that was a dumb thing telling you to get glasses because you can't see a trend there... I won't question you anymore big guy... you're the man :banana:

... better off drafting Akili Smith, Cade McKown or Daunte Culpepper.... would have saved them few years of wasted time...

:thumbsup: :blink: :blink: :lol:

The more Owens and McNabb sling mud in the media, the clearer the picture becomes. Owens is a bad guy. Everyone knows that. Turns out, McNabb is a tool as well. The burden of the meltdown in Philadelphia falls clearly on Owens AND McNabb.

Everyone thinks McNabb is some kind of classy guy. Yet, I don't think he could have possibly handled the Owens situation any worse. And continues to make errors with every passing day. What a dope. Just shut up and let it go. Every time McNabb speaks, Owens wins. And with each exchange, Owens seems less guilty.

Couch, McNabb, Smith, McNown, Culpepper. What a craptastic QB class.

McNabb is a mediocre QB

Owens is a GREAT wr.

Mcnabb is a mostly normal person.

Owens is a lunatic.

i'd still rather have TO if i had a coach that could handle him. Jerry Jones does. The Eagles didn't.

Remember when everyone said those clowns could rival that 1983 class of QB's.... what a joke.

McNabb is a mediocre QB

Owens is a GREAT wr.

Mcnabb is a mostly normal person.

Owens is a lunatic.

i'd still rather have TO if i had a coach that could handle him. Jerry Jones does. The Eagles didn't.

:D

are you totally sure about that? how do you know tuna can control him?

last i checked, parcells hasnt done jackshit since belichick hasnt been around.

TO will be a total disaster by week 10, or if the cowboys have a 3 game losing streak, whichever comes first

The more Owens and McNabb sling mud in the media, the clearer the picture becomes. Owens is a bad guy. Everyone knows that. Turns out, McNabb is a tool as well. The burden of the meltdown in Philadelphia falls clearly on Owens AND McNabb.

Everyone thinks McNabb is some kind of classy guy. Yet, I don't think he could have possibly handled the Owens situation any worse. And continues to make errors with every passing day. What a dope. Just shut up and let it go. Every time McNabb speaks, Owens wins. And with each exchange, Owens seems less guilty.

I'll bet if he deflected all the questions that are being asked of him regarding TO, you would criticize him for not offering answers, too.

You act like the back and forths thru the media have NEVER happened.

It's done. TO's book came out, a large portion of it had to do with McNabb, he responded. It's done.

If McNabb kept quiet thru the whole thing, people like yourself (a true hater, I might add) would automatically assume what TO said was true.

Let it go. BTW, you should worry more about how the refs screwed your Seahawks last season. :D

are you totally sure about that? how do you know tuna can control him?

last i checked, parcells hasnt done jackshit since belichick hasnt been around.

TO will be a total disaster by week 10, or if the cowboys have a 3 game losing streak, whichever comes first

After seeing the Real Sports interview with TO, I am certain Parcells will blow up on TO, no doubt in my mind.

TO won't change. Parcells certainly won't change. Parcells has already said the first off the field distraction that happens, he'll let loose on TO. TO's got a book out, and it's gonna become a distraction.

What I don't like is the fact that the Philly media just won't let the TO thing from last year go. :o

they're ALL egomanics in their own way ... you can't possible be the biggest thing on your college campus, get laid like crazy and all the freebies w/o getting an ego. TO is just more vocal and abnoxious the way he goes about it, which is why he takes the most $hit. The thing I don't understand is why he complains about the attention he gets. I mean, that's what he wants. Does he think the way he acts and talks $hit is going to get him good press? If he wants good press, he should do all the charity stuff the other players do. It's not the most exciting stuff, but that's how it goes. You reap what you sow ... you project a negative personality, and you'll get negative press.

After seeing the Real Sports interview with TO, I am certain Parcells will blow up on TO, no doubt in my mind.

TO won't change. Parcells certainly won't change. Parcells has already said the first off the field distraction that happens, he'll let loose on TO. TO's got a book out, and it's gonna become a distraction.

What I don't like is the fact that the Philly media just won't let the TO thing from last year go. :cry:

I didn't see that interview but I agree. At first, I though TO would be the good soldier this year but his ego is just too big. I give him 8 games before he starts causing problems in Dallas. Poor Cowboy fans. :bench:

I'll bet if he deflected all the questions that are being asked of him regarding TO, you would criticize him for not offering answers, too.

It's done. TO's book came out, a large portion of it had to do with McNabb, he responded. It's done.

If McNabb kept quiet thru the whole thing, people like yourself (a true hater, I might add) would automatically assume what TO said was true.

Let it go. BTW, you should worry more about how the refs screwed your Seahawks last season. :bench:

I am not a "hater". But let's set that aside for now.

It's not just because the book came out. McNabb refused to deal with the situation in the locker room, like a leader would. Instead, guys like Hugh Douglas dealt with the situation. The situation festered, and festered, and eventually tore that team apart, with a number of teammates still supporting Owens to this very day. Instead of healing any wounds, assbag McNabb starts taking shots at Owens in the media once Owens is gone. Remember how McNabb UNPROVOKED last year started ripping on Owens during the Super Bowl week. McNabb is a pussie. He can't have it both ways. Keep quiet when Owens is here, and open your mouth when Owens is gone. One or the other. Instead, he took the low road.

McNabb is has been working hard to unwittingly make Owens look credible. I think the whole situation is hilarious. Just my opinion.

The Eagle/Dallas games this year will be fun. :cry:

Let it go.

What I don't like is the fact that the Philly media just won't let the TO thing from last year go. :cry:

Gimme a break. Donovan is the one who won't let it go. McNabb is a child which is why he responds with these juvenile comments to the press. Why do you think the Philly press won't let this go? Get a clue here.....it's pretty obvious. McNabb, ever the clown, will ultimately say something stupid and childish. The guy said very little about the T.O. situation as it was happening but since it's been over, we've been blessed with his rapier wit as he seems to never give up the chance to make the guys in the pressroom laugh.

I've got to agree with Phillybear.....T.O. is a complete idiot and nobody denies that except him. But McNabb has proven himself to be a real tool and I don't think he's that great of a team leader either. He's a fantastic QB with all the physical and mental skills to command the position, but leadership is a huge part of the QB position and I think McNabb falls a little short in this category.

I am not a "hater". But let's set that aside for now.

It's not just because the book came out. McNabb refused to deal with the situation in the locker room, like a leader would. Instead, guys like Hugh Douglas dealt with the situation. The situation festered, and festered, and eventually tore that team apart, with a number of teammates still supporting Owens to this very day. Instead of healing any wounds, assbag McNabb starts taking shots at Owens in the media once Owens is gone. Remember how McNabb UNPROVOKED last year started ripping on Owens during the Super Bowl week. McNabb is a pussie. He can't have it both ways. Keep quiet when Owens is here, and open your mouth when Owens is gone. One or the other. Instead, he took the low road.

McNabb is has been working hard to unwittingly make Owens look credible. I think the whole situation is hilarious. Just my opinion.

The Eagle/Dallas games this year will be fun. :D

how do you know he refused to deal with it in the locker room? Were you there? Just because someone said it in an interview don't make it so. Yes douglas and some of the others got involved. What does that prove? Of course people are going to take sides. If I had a talent like TO you bet your ass I would want him and my QB to work it out. Does that automatically mean that I'm against McNabb? Don't think so. Does it mean that McNabb is a poor leader? Not sure how you'd come to that conclusion. Get your facts straight, McNabb was not the first one firing shots or acting childish. I seem to remember the first day that Owens didn't feel McNabb looked his way enough, Owens chasing him up and down the field like little kid. That was a little earlier than the super bowl. I also don't remember McNabb taking any shots at TO that weren't either responses to something TO said or responses to media questions about what TO said.

I personally think the whole situation was a disgusting media spectacle that filled the void after he Egales started to really ###### the bed. I am glad TO is gone. I wish him all the luck in the world at Dallas, cause he's going to need a friggin miracle down there dealing with Bledsoe if he thinks McNabb sucks.

And I cannot wait for both of those games. I think there might actually be some sort of nuclear explosion when Owens comes to Philly. I can't wait!!! :lol: :clap:

Get your facts straight, McNabb was not the first one firing shots or acting childish.

-- He wasn't the first firing shots or acting childish but he's making damn sure that he'll be the last!

I think there might actually be some sort of nuclear explosion when Owens comes to Philly. I can't wait!!!

-- Ah yes Philly. The city of brotherly love. T.O. better watch out for batteries because those Philly fans aren't living up to the cities motto. Maybe he can hide behind Andy Reid's giant a$$.

The whole Philadelphia throwing things is so vastly a media creation....a couple fools act the way they do and you guys buy this crap hook line and sinker....its the same things that I have seen at Jets games, Ravens games and seen on TV from the Cleveland Fans, Oakland Fans etc...

Its a tired cliche at this point Let it go...

am i the only person who agrees wuth how mcnabb acted? the way i look at it, mcnabb realized that as long as TO is on the same team, a real leader would try anything to try and keep the boat afloat (which in this case was to keep his mouth shut about TO.), even if TO would go on and on taking cheap shots at mcnabb. if mcnabb said anything wrong about TO while he was still wearing an Eagles uniform, the media would blame him for stooping to his level. basically, mcnabb was in a lose-lose situation, regardless if he spoke out or said nothing, people would blame him.

but once TO left the team, I applauded mcnabb for ripping on TO, because TO still was ripping on mcnabb., even though he left town. making rap songs bashing the eagles, ripping mcnabb apart in his "autobiography", yet all the time saying how he wants to put the past behind him. this is the time you rip on TO if you were mcnabb. doing it when he was still on the eagles would have been even more counterproductive.

god, the more i think of TO, the more angrier i get. like my blood just started to boil thinking about it. i truely wish the worst for TO in his future. he deserves it.

am i the only person who agrees wuth how mcnabb acted? the way i look at it, mcnabb realized that as long as TO is on the same team, a real leader would try anything to try and keep the boat afloat (which in this case was to keep his mouth shut about TO.), even if TO would go on and on taking cheap shots at mcnabb. if mcnabb said anything wrong about TO while he was still wearing an Eagles uniform, the media would blame him for stooping to his level. basically, mcnabb was in a lose-lose situation, regardless if he spoke out or said nothing, people would blame him.

but once TO left the team, I applauded mcnabb for ripping on TO, because TO still was ripping on mcnabb., even though he left town. making rap songs bashing the eagles, ripping mcnabb apart in his "autobiography", yet all the time saying how he wants to put the past behind him. this is the time you rip on TO if you were mcnabb. doing it when he was still on the eagles would have been even more counterproductive.

god, the more i think of TO, the more angrier i get. like my blood just started to boil thinking about it. i truely wish the worst for TO in his future. he deserves it.

I absolutely agree. I am personally sick of hearing about it cause I live in philly and could care less about it at this point. However, I thought McNabb acted professional when he needed to and blew off steam when he needed to. I love how everyone says McNabb is a pussie and he responds to TO with jokes and childish remarks... what about the fact that he is RESPONDING. He is not instigating, he answers questions by the media. The first day of training camp no one said 'how is Gaffney working out' or 'what does the loss of childress do to this offense', you know, real football questions. Instead they dive right into some shittie friggin autobiography (in which Owens claims to be mis-quoted :ninja: ) about a former team member. Who the fock gives a ratsass? I personally cannot wait for their first game and Bledsoe leads TO across the middle setting him up for B-Dawk to level his punk ass into next week. :first:

Spoken like a true fan from the city of brotherly love............get over it. :cry:

I think McNabb was acting the way he should when TO was on the team. He should have kept quiet with the media.....that's what leaders do. Once TO was gone, however, he shouldn't have gone 3rd grade and started taking little shots at the guy once he was gone. That's why people are mentioning that he's sinking to TO's level. He took TO's bait and now he looks stupid. If he would give the press nowhere to go on this situation they'd give up.

I absolutely agree. I am personally sick of hearing about it cause I live in philly and could care less about it at this point. However, I thought McNabb acted professional when he needed to and blew off steam when he needed to. I love how everyone says McNabb is a pussie and he responds to TO with jokes and childish remarks... what about the fact that he is RESPONDING. He is not instigating, he answers questions by the media. The first day of training camp no one said 'how is Gaffney working out' or 'what does the loss of childress do to this offense', you know, real football questions. Instead they dive right into some shittie friggin autobiography (in which Owens claims to be mis-quoted :o ) about a former team member. Who the fock gives a ratsass? I personally cannot wait for their first game and Bledsoe leads TO across the middle setting him up for B-Dawk to level his punk ass into next week. :first:

Good god this is sickening!! :ninja:

He's responding. That's the whole f'n point.....he's responding.

He should have a long time ago taken a stand with the media. "I'll answer questions about the team. Anything about Owens and I'm out of here". Walk out of a few press conferences or stop a few interviews and the media will get it. If McNabb's not there to give them "something" to write, they have nothing at all. Donovan runs the show with the Philly media....he should take charge of it.....grow a pair.

I'm sorry but "responding" is sinking to T.O.'s level and that's all I've seen is McNabb sinking to T.O.'s level. I just call em like I see em.