Sign in to follow this  
Electric Mayhem

help please - what temp should I worry about - I'm at 102.8

am I ok until the AM when I can go to the doc or should I take action now.? TIA n00b etc etc rat's ass

I'n on EST - 1:30 AM here

According to here, consult a doctor if 101 or higher. Also they offer some suggestions for getting it down asap.

According to here, consult a doctor if 101 or higher. Also they offer some suggestions for treating it asap.

thanks kiddo - looking now

I would say you are fine. Usually in adults we say in our practice 104 is when to call a doc. Take fever reducing meds and drink a ton of water and keep cool. If you are experiencing other problems aside from the fever itself, then seek doc attention now.

However if this has been going on for a few days, then seek doc attention now.

I'm over 12 (physically anyway, excluding my weenus) so I think I'm good for the night.

Cant cool down - got the shivers and freezing my arse off.

this suck-diddly-ucks Flanders.

If I'm not OK by Ozzfest someone is going to PAY! (well... me, I guess)

thanks naomi

I would say you are fine. Usually in adults we say in our practice 104 is when to call a doc. Take fever reducing meds and drink a ton of water and keep cool. If you are experiencing other problems aside from the fever itself, then seek doc attention now.

However if this has been going on for more than a day, then seek doc attention now.

I've been.,,, uh... pooing water all night. My 'evacuation point' feels like someone's been edjr-ing me with an emory board.

I hestitate to drink water now that I';m finally empty =(

Yw. Sounds like food poisoning if it came on all of a sudden.

I'm over 12 (physically anyway, excluding my weenus) so I think I'm good for the night.

Cant cool down - got the shivers and freezing my arse off.

this suck-diddly-ucks Flanders.

If I'm not OK by Ozzfest someone is going to PAY! (well... me, I guess)

thanks naomi

I've been.,,, uh... pooing water all night. My 'evacuation point' feels like someone's been edjr-ing me with an emory board.

I hestitate to drink water now that I';m finally empty =(

Ah. Still think you'll be fine. By other stuff going on I meant like nausea, pain in the abdomen or elsewhere, bad headaches... that sort of thing. Keep drinking a ton of water. That's what really flushes your body of the crud and will ultimately break the fever.

If it gets to be 110 or higher, you should call a doctor.

Yw. Sounds like food poisoning if it came on all of a sudden.

With food poisoning he would have vomitted or felt very close to doing so--- along with diarrhea and possible abdominal cramps/discomfort. If he didn't feel nausea shortly afterwards, tis odd it would be food poisoning.

If it gets to be 110 or higher, you should call a doctor.

:o

Try going to sleep. When you wake up, hopefully your temp will have went down.

thanks CN. No nausea (thankfully). I'll suck it up and drink wawa I guess.

new mantra:

dab, don't wipe...

dab, dont wipe...

dab, don't wipe...

Try going to sleep. When you wake up, hopefully your temp will have went down.

was asleep - then woke up with the bad fever so decided to check just in case. Going to try again I guess.

thanks all

g'night

thanks CN. No nausea (thankfully). I'll suck it up and drink wawa I guess.

new mantra:

dab, don't wipe...

dab, dont wipe...

dab, don't wipe...

Literally a pain in the azz, I know. lol.

Hope you feel better soon. :wall:

Don't fret! A fever is your bodies natural defense mechanism. Your body's core needs to heat up, to kill the bacteria that caused the infection. Although uncomfortable, a fever is a good thing. Drink lots of clear fluids to stay hydrated, and get plenty of rest. I'll talk to you in the morning. Good night honey. :wub:

was asleep - then woke up with the bad fever so decided to check just in case. Going to try again I guess.

thanks all

g'night

I was kidding actually...

ummm...my real advice....a dose of advil and tylenol---i'm sure you've already taken at least one.

Don't fret! A fever is your bodies natural defense mechanism. Your body's core needs to heat up, to kill the bacteria that caused the infection. Although uncomfortable, a fever is a good thing. Drink lots of clear fluids to stay hydrated, and get plenty of rest. I'll talk to you in the morning. Good night honey. :wub:

So when we hear you have a fever, we'll tell you congratulations, it's a good thing! :P

Drink lots of water and take a fever reducer (Tylenol, etc.) If symptoms dont improve within two hours, call the ER for professional medical advice.

Drink lots of water and take a fever reducer (Tylenol, etc.) If symptoms dont improve within two hours, call the ER for professional medical advice.

No! Don't call the ER! They'll tell you take advil, and drink lots of fluids. They hate it when people, other than infants, come to the ER. It's one of the biggest wastes, and abuses of the ER.

My sister is an ER nurse, and says this all the time during flu season

No! Don't call the ER! They'll tell you take advil, and drink lots of fluids. They hate it when people, other than infants, come to the ER. It's one of the biggest wastes, and abuses of the ER.

My sister is an ER nurse, and says this all the time during flu season

My bad, I didnt want the guy to ya know.........die.

I said call the ER because its the only place you can call to talk to a person in the medical field this time of night. Furthermore, if he has a high fever that is not respondng to a fever reducer, he might need some freakin help.

My bad, I didnt want the guy to ya know.........die.

I said call the ER because its the only place you can call to talk to a person in the medical field this time of night. Furthermore, if he has a high fever that is not respondng to a fever reducer, he might need some freakin help.

No, he can talk to me. That is all that he will need. Rest easy my friend.

Eat a box of popcicles...it will cool you down and create a colorful swirl when you flush. :wub:

got the shivers and freezing my arse off.

Damn I wish I had a fever right now....It was 114 today where I live. I would love to have the shivers right about now. :argue:

lord knows we wouldn't want EM to miss out on avenged sevenfold

Ozzfest sucks, I bequeth them d'ohmer because he sucks as well

lord knows we wouldn't want EM to miss out on avenged sevenfold

Ozzfest sucks, I bequeth them d'ohmer because he sucks as well

I am the King of Suckiness :banana:

hand 'em over

I call dibs on his failures with women :first:

I'll arm wrestle you for them. :banana: :first:

I'll arm wrestle you for them. :first: :banana:

traditional arm wrestling or will we rip arms off people and beat each other until one of us can no longer stand?

besides from what you post, your failures are incrementally less then EM's

Man up. Put on a sweat suit, run 3-4 miles, eat some greasy food, you should be fine after that! :doublethumbsup:

traditional arm wrestling or will we rip arms off people and beat each other until one of us can no longer stand?

besides from what you post, your failures are incrementally less then EM's

My failures are spectacular.

My failures are spectacular.

I can see you slinking around philly bars wearing a dave krieg jersey and zubz pants goin up to women and going, "are you going to walk to your car alone later? I'm watching you" and you just fade into the crowd