Sign in to follow this  
harken34

Traded the 1st overall pick for the 3rd overall in a re-draft

14 team league. I figure that LJ, Alexander, and LT are all about the same. I don't want too wait 26 picks until I pick again. Just moving up two spots in the 2nd round could mean a 2nd good rb. :banana:

14 team league. I figure that LJ, Alexander, and LT are all about the same. I don't want too wait 26 picks until I pick again. Just moving up two spots in the 2nd round could mean a 2nd good rb. :banana:

but it wont

I don't like the move. Despite what everyone says Alexander and LJ are in a tier above LT. Could Shaun or LJ score 25 TDs this year? Yes. Could LT? Nope.

I don't like the move. Despite what everyone says Alexander and LJ are in a tier above LT. Could Shaun or LJ score 25 TDs this year? Yes. Could LT? Nope.

How do you figure?

14 team league. I figure that LJ, Alexander, and LT are all about the same. I don't want too wait 26 picks until I pick again. Just moving up two spots in the 2nd round could mean a 2nd good rb. :wub:

I came into this post to see what you got for that move. If you got nothing than it is not a good one. In a 14 team league you improved your 2nd pick to 26 from 24. That will still be in the same general tiers of either RB or WR. And if you are targeting a certain player you can't be sure you will get them just 2 picks higher.

And I do think there is a drop off from LJ/SA to LT. In most projection/mock drafts I have seen LT is #3. There is a reason for that. So you lowered what you are getting and I don't see what you got for it. But if you believe LT is the best option of the 3 than it is a good move for you.

LT had 23 TD's, and battled a rib injury the last 6 weeks. Keep sleeping on LT. LJ's done it for half a season.

I would rather be the one to pick my first round choice than let two other people decide it for me. Plus like the other poster said the 24 and 26 pick is going to be the same type of player either way. This is a terible example of tradeing a first round pick, you got nothing and moved down 2 spots in the draft. I bet whoever had the #3 wanted L.J. bad and you just gave him the guy for nothing, when maybe you could have gotten SOMETHING. You will be kicking yourself all year for this move.

Please don't take this personally, but you're an idiot. You just gave a shot a LJ, who MIGHT be 50 pts better at season end than the next best RB, for a move up of 2 spots to take a 2nd RB who WILL be only 5 pts better than the guy two spots later. If you wanted to make this a fairer trade, you would have swapped spots in the in the first round, then made him swap back spots in Rnds 3 and 5. But even then, I don't make this trade. In a 10 team league, maybe, but in a 14 team league, you never get a chance to make up for what LJ might score if he does what he's capable of.

wait, you moved down from #1 to #3 and didn't get a an extra draft pick, even a late rounder?? I don't like the trade at all if you didnt get another pick out of it.

LJ has had one good year. How many has LT had? That is what I thought.

Please don't take this personally, but you're an idiot. You just gave a shot a LJ, who MIGHT be 50 pts better at season end than the next best RB, for a move up of 2 spots to take a 2nd RB who WILL be only 5 pts better than the guy two spots later. If you wanted to make this a fairer trade, you would have swapped spots in the in the first round, then made him swap back spots in Rnds 3 and 5. But even then, I don't make this trade. In a 10 team league, maybe, but in a 14 team league, you never get a chance to make up for what LJ might score if he does what he's capable of.

Can I borrow your crystal ball? Alexander outscored LJ by 33 points last year and LJ outscored LT by 6 points. How is he 50 points better than either Alexander or LT. They all seem fairly equal to me.

bottom line, bad move. you should of at least gotten something. You can't give up the number one pick for absolutely nothing. you may think they are all the same, but I guarantee you the owner with the #3 pick thought otherwise (that's why he traded with you). you should of at least swapped third rounders (and probably 5th rounders also)....at the very least........

very bad move. oh well, it's not like it's going to break you or anything, just bad management.

bottom line, bad move. you should of at least gotten something. You can't give up the number one pick for absolutely nothing. you may think they are all the same, but I guarantee you the owner with the #3 pick thought otherwise (that's why he traded with you). you should of at least swapped third rounders (and probably 5th rounders also)....at the very least........

very bad move. oh well, it's not like it's going to break you or anything, just bad management.

He did get something :banana:

He swapped 2nd rounders, that's nothing?

I thought they swapped picks permanently (all rounds)....in which case, he got nothing in return.

I thought they swapped picks permanently (all rounds)....in which case, he got nothing in return.

You could be right. I read it as he moved up two spots in the second. Nothing said of the other rounds.

You could be right. I read it as he moved up two spots in the second. Nothing said of the other rounds.

even if they only swapped 1st and 2nd rounders, he still got nothing for giving up the first pick.

Can I borrow your crystal ball? Alexander outscored LJ by 33 points last year and LJ outscored LT by 6 points. How is he 50 points better than either Alexander or LT. They all seem fairly equal to me.

LJ only started 9 games.

His stats from those 9 games extrapolate out to 16 games as follows...

2400 yards rushing, 28 rushing TDs, 490 yards receiving, 2 receiving TDs

2900 total yards and 30TDs! By standard scoring, it comes out to 463 points for the season.

Sure, that's probably a bit extreme because that would mean he carried the ball 464 times. So let's tone it down to a more realistic 380 carry season. The stats then become...

1970 yards rushing, 23 rushing TDs, 400 yards receiving, 1 receiving TD

That comes out to about 380 points for the season...or about 18 points higher than Alexander's spectacular season last year.

LJ only started 9 games.

His stats from those 9 games extrapolate out to 16 games as follows...

2400 yards rushing, 28 rushing TDs, 490 yards receiving, 2 receiving TDs

2900 total yards and 30TDs! By standard scoring, it comes out to 463 points for the season.

Sure, that's probably a bit extreme because that would mean he carried the ball 464 times. So let's tone it down to a more realistic 380 carry season. The stats then become...

1970 yards rushing, 23 rushing TDs, 400 yards receiving, 1 receiving TD

That comes out to about 380 points for the season...or about 18 points higher than Alexander's spectacular season last year.

Alexander had 370 carries, LT 339 carries and LJ 336 carries last year. They were all within a game's worth of carries of each other and all within a games worth of points of each other.

Not sure what you came here looking for... no one is going to applaud you for trading spots... that is a BAD move... you gave away the advantage.... he got more value then you.... you should have AT LEAST got a 4th round pick out of it...

I moved down 4 spots from the #4 spot a few years ago and got an extra 4th rounder....

This sounds like a case where you read too many fantasy mags about the top tier RB's and outsmarted your self.... you gotta spend money to make money... not give away money....

I don't like the move at all...

Sorry

Any move that nets you LT is a good move. I would do anything to pick 3rd and take the best RB in the game.

Did you even read his post... he hasn't netted anyone... he just gave away the option of choosing who he wants... to net who is left over.... not that 3 is a bad spot... be he was #1, had position and GAVE it away...

Don't enable him... he made a mistake.... it was a bad move...

i hope with your logic none of the big 3 get hurt in preseason. i would rather have the #1 overall and not worry about freaking out the entire preseason.

Alexander had 370 carries, LT 339 carries and LJ 336 carries last year. They were all within a game's worth of carries of each other and all within a games worth of points of each other.

The only difference is those guys LT and SA have a few more games of pounding, could LJ handle that pounding...we will find out this year.

Maybe. Maybe not. If it's a PPR league I'm taking LT at 1, 2, or 3 and I don't look back.

If you really don't care which one of the big 3 you get then ok, so you swapped picks. I wouldn't have done it because I have a preference between them, but thats just me.

What I don't understand is why you feel the need to brag about it when you really didn't improve your situation. So now you pick with the 26th instead of the 28th pick. :wall: If you don't think there is a difference between LJ, LT and Shaun, then I'm not sure how much of an upgrade you think the 26th pick is over the 28th pick. Plus now you're 3rd in the 3rd round instead of 1st again. What's sad is that you didn't get anything else out of the deal. Obviously the guy you traded with wanted the #1 pick because he's targeting someone. Honestly, I think your big mistake is not realizing the power you had with the #1 pick. You really could have taken advantage of your situation.

The guy that should be bragging on this bored about how smart they are is the guy that swapped their set of picks straight-up with you to get the #1 overall. There is a reason people want the #1 pick. If you aren't buying in, great for you. But dude, you really could have gotten more out of this deal. :cheers:

I know because if I was in their place, I would have given you more in this deal and you really wouldn't have had to push that hard. You could have said you were going to see what other people would offer and I would have panicked and said name your price. There are alot of people drooling over LJ and you didn't take advantage.

370/16 = 23.125

336/23.125 = 14.53

LJ had almost a game and a half less carries than SA. And I'm pretty sure he'd have had a lot more than 370 had Priest been out of the picture last year.

Everyone calm down. I wasn't bragging about my trade. I just don't want LJ in both of my leagues. And this way I move up in the 2nd round. 2 spots could be the difference of getting a good player. Waiting 26 picks to pick again is a lot of good players being picked. The one thing I read in these post that does scare me now is that if one of those three get hurt than I'm stuck picking Portis :unsure: But In the last three years of this redraft league the team who draft #1 hasen't ever won the league. So I'm hoping that this move pays off and I bring home the :first:

Did you even read his post... he hasn't netted anyone... he just gave away the option of choosing who he wants... to net who is left over.... not that 3 is a bad spot... be he was #1, had position and GAVE it away...

Don't enable him... he made a mistake.... it was a bad move...

Hey wise arse did YOU read the first post? He moved up in the second round! (ouch, try to be smart and it backfires, not good)

I like the move. He gets one of the big 3 which I have ranked LT, SA then LJ. If the others feel the same he still ends up with LJ. (he wont) Then he gets a better pick in the 2nd round.

Granted he should have gotten a lower round draft pick thrown in because moving up in the first should cost more than moving up the same amount of slots in the 2nd.

The concept holds merit though since most have LJ, SA and LT in that order. If you disagree that LT is #3 then move down, it's as simple as that. He also only had two owners that were possible to trade with.

"Did you even read his post..." ...uncalled for Jr.!

i would never trade away having the two picks at the turn...

this was a bad trade.

I don't have a problem with the strategy really. However, if you REALLY had wanted to better your team, you would have gotten a 3rd or 4th rd. pick for dropping to the 3rd spot. Again, no problem with the strategy in general, just think that it could have been executed a little better..

370/16 = 23.125

336/23.125 = 14.53

LJ had almost a game and a half less carries than SA. And I'm pretty sure he'd have had a lot more than 370 had Priest been out of the picture last year.

Bad assumption. They worked him like that because he was fresh. Anyone who thinks he's going to get that kind of a workload over an entire season is crazy.

Bad assumption. They worked him like that because he was fresh. Anyone who thinks he's going to get that kind of a workload over an entire season is crazy.

Well, as it stands, I think it's sink or swim for LJ this year. They don't really have any depth at RB (Dee Brown and Quentin Griffiths...please!) and their passing game is mediocre at best. They're going to run LJ until the wheels fall off...and hopefully they won't.

I've looked at this, I've though about dropping out a 2 or 3 spot to about the 7 spot only for the first round because I like who I can get there. The only way I do this though is if I can get the guy in the low spot to give up his 3rd round spot for my 4th round spot. as well. that way I get 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. I would have to run this by the league and I'm sure I'd get plenty of guff but I think this could work out great for both guys, I'm targeting LJ at around 7... (Lamont Jordon) lol.

Everyone calm down. I wasn't bragging about my trade. I just don't want LJ in both of my leagues. And this way I move up in the 2nd round. 2 spots could be the difference of getting a good player. Waiting 26 picks to pick again is a lot of good players being picked. The one thing I read in these post that does scare me now is that if one of those three get hurt than I'm stuck picking Portis <_< But In the last three years of this redraft league the team who draft #1 hasen't ever won the league. So I'm hoping that this move pays off and I bring home the :blink:

You should look at your original post & the sub-title- "I know, I do look smart". That does sound like bragging to me. I don't mind the move especially if you don't care which of the three that you get. The problem is you got nothing for it.

Look at this example- After T.O. got suspended last year there was still speculation that he could play again (maybe on a different team). If you would have said you were able to get rid of him I would have said good move. But would you have given him away for nothing in return? That is what you did in this case, you gave away value (at least perceived by the guy who got the #1 pick) and got nothing in return.

Maybe. Maybe not. If it's a PPR league I'm taking LT at 1, 2, or 3 and I don't look back.

I'm in a PPR league...LJ still outscored LT.

I'm going LJ, LT and SA...in that order.