Sign in to follow this  
GutterBoy

Stern talks out his ass again

I also save money by going home to drink beer by myself for lunch and eating people's leftovers at the office.

Do you scamper around beneath the table collecting crumbs that fall out of their mouths?

O&A are on in Detroit now, you should check them out.

I did and they blow. Drew and Mike :doublethumbsup:

I did and they blow. Drew and Mike :doublethumbsup:

OK. I'll listen to Drew and Mike tomorrow to see what kind of radio they do. :huh:

This was very recent with Sirius. Everyone knew about XM a while back. But Sirius tried to make themselves look better financially. The truth finally came out, and both are severly focked. Which makes Karmazin talking about buying XM very funny indeed.

I would guess they have to merge, but they won't.

Even though they get their units installed into new cars in deals with auto companies, it's not enough growth to catch up to escalating costs. It can only end badly. And there isn't any current talent or programming either company can get at this point to make any kind of splash.

XM's announcement was just at the end of last week.

Both of them have had bad numbers financially since minute one. Just look at the SEC filings and you can see that neither is worthy of your investment dollars.

Just look at the SEC filings and you can see that neither is worthy of your investment dollars.

I would guess that XM is growing at a much lower pace than Sirius and that Sirius is on pace to catch up despite the huge head start that XM had. As someone with both, I am betting my money on Sirius.

Oops.

I hate Stern. He's the epitomy of a-hole and honestly II find the show lacks humor. I have never listened to O&A, but I promise that I would like them better.

I am a Bob and TOm listener. Some people say they don't like the back ground laughter. They are funny enough, I can overlook that and enjoy the humor. I've been listening to them since the late 80s and they still come up with alot of original stuff that other tools rip off.

Oops.

I have not invested with either company. I have PAID both, but that is a different story. Right now, having satellite radio is a bad investment, but it is a great service for the consumer.

I hate Stern. He's the epitomy of a-hole and honestly II find the show lacks humor. I have never listened to O&A, but I promise that I would like them better.

I am a Bob and TOm listener. Some people say they don't like the back ground laughter. They are funny enough, I can overlook that and enjoy the humor. I've been listening to them since the late 80s and they still come up with alot of original stuff that other tools rip off.

:thumbsup: The background laghter can be annoying, but they are still funnier than any other morning show. :(

I have not invested with either company. I have PAID both, but that is a different story. Right now, having satellite radio is a bad investment, but it is a great service for the consumer.

Oh. By saying you bet your money on Sirius I just assumed that you bought the stock. I didn't think it meant you bought the subscription. Why buy a subscription for both services?

Oh. By saying you bet your money on Sirius I just assumed that you bought the stock. I didn't think it meant you bought the subscription. Why buy a subscription for both services?

"betting my money", "putting money on", "I bet", etc. are all figures of speech indicating that "it is my opinion that..."

As far as having both, I like Sirius. I like the NFL Network for tailgating, so I got the Sirius with a boombox last year. I also like Stern in the mornings.

My wife has a Chevy that comes with XM. It is nice to have satellite radio when we go out as a family and her SUV is what we use for long trips. Rather than moving things around, it is easier to have both XM and Sirius.

As I mentioned before, I like the Sirius programming a little better. More music that I like, stations laid out in a manner that is easier to find stuff, and better comedy. That is what I listen to when I am home.

O & A

;)

"let's make a phony phone call!!!"

audience: :banana:

They oughta pack them and Mancow in a 55 gallon drum and drop them out of a plane into the Pacific.

O & A

:rolleyes:

"let's make a phony phone call!!!"

audience: :huh:

They oughta pack them and Mancow in a 55 gallon drum and drop them out of a plane into the Pacific.

I don't think O&A has made a phony phone call since they were doing hacky bits in Boston.

I just bought 1000 shares of XM :banana:

Cool. What price did you pay so that we can track its progress?

Your Day buy order for 1000 XMSR at market price was executed at $11.90.

:rolleyes:

Sirius recently released financial statements that finally fessed up how they hid operating other escalating costs in previous statements. They are in crippling financial trouble after spending a fortune on high priced radio show, and not getting nearly the bump they expected.

Satellite radio might be in deep, deep trouble.

Link?

This is not my take on the situation with Sirius at all. In fact, an overwhelming majority of brokerages recommend Sirius with a "Buy" rating right now.

Sirius, in their quarterly press conference just reaffirmed their expectations to turn a profit for the year in 2007, and quite possibly in the 4th quarter this year.

Link?

This is not my take on the situation with Sirius at all. In fact, an overwhelming majority of brokerages recommend Sirius with a "Buy" rating right now.

Sirius, in their quarterly press conference just reaffirmed their expectations to turn a profit for the year in 2007, and quite possibly in the 4th quarter this year.

This guy disagrees. There may be more

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Inves...ingAProfit.aspx

Speculators might want to nibble in hopes of a renewed rally ahead of the NASCAR buzz, but until the company gains control of expenses and until the average subscription costs falls below $100, most investors should continue to take a pass. At 18x trailing sales the stock is still richly valued, and with over $1 billion in debt the balance sheet is still too leveraged.

Link?

the fact that you trust brokerage house recommendations is the first mistake.

and i dont want to argue on if sirius will make it or not in the future, but i know that they arent going to make a profit in 2007. not gonna happen.

yes, their subscribtion number has jumped much over the past 9 months, but its not going to continue to be that way. anyone who was going to sign up with sirius for stern has done so already. dont expect subscription numbers to keep jumping like it has. even with that being said their earning loss is STILL continuing to widen every quarter.

i would stay away from SIRI and XMSR like it was the plague. neither are worth the risk

i would stay away from SIRI and XMSR like it was the plague. neither are worth the risk

:huh:

the fact that you trust brokerage house recommendations is the first mistake.

and i dont want to argue on if sirius will make it or not in the future, but i know that they arent going to make a profit in 2007. not gonna happen.

yes, their subscribtion number has jumped much over the past 9 months, but its not going to continue to be that way. anyone who was going to sign up with sirius for stern has done so already. dont expect subscription numbers to keep jumping like it has. even with that being said their earning loss is STILL continuing to widen every quarter.

I don't. I trust Mel Karmazin.

Mel Karmazin is to radio as Al Saunders is to offense.

Mel has personally bought roughly 10 million dollars worth of Sirius stock this year. Would the CEO of a company, who knows all of the company's ins and outs, do that if he thought it was going to go bust? I don't see that happening.

Less than 15% of this nation has Sirius or XM right now. With it coming standard in most cars in the near future, I see that number going much, much higher.

Sirius and XM are not stocks where you should park money you can't afford to lose, but there are legitimate reasons to believe that they could both be long term home runs.

I don't. I trust Mel Karmazin.

Mel Karmazin is to radio as Al Saunders is to offense.

Mel has personally bought roughly 10 million dollars worth of Sirius stock this year. Would the CEO of a company, who knows all of the company's ins and outs, do that if he thought it was going to go bust? I don't see that happening.

Less than 15% of this nation has Sirius or XM right now. With it coming standard in most cars in the near future, I see that number going much, much higher.

Sirius and XM are not stocks where you should park money you can't afford to lose, but there are legitimate reasons to believe that they could both be long term home runs.

please keep in mind that my main arguement was that SIRI would NOT be making a profit in 2007. it was the first thing i said, and i still stick to it.

now in the future beyond 2007, you're right, it could very well be a big thing. but not in the near 12-18 month future. no way. the way they just burn through cash, its not going to happen

please keep in mind that my main arguement was that SIRI would NOT be making a profit in 2007. it was the first thing i said, and i still stick to it.

now in the future beyond 2007, you're right, it could very well be a big thing. but not in the near 12-18 month future. no way. the way they just burn through cash, its not going to happen

I can see it happening. It all depends on if they keep meeting their suscriber guidance. So far they have. If they keep it up, it will happen sooner than most expect.

Keep in mind that if they hit roughly 7 million suscribers, they'll have just over 1 billion of revenue coming in annually. They're guidance projects 6.3 million suscribers by the end of this year. Wether or not their spending continues is another question. They've certainly spent a lot thus far. The first two quarter they paid off Stern and then this quarter they bought a new satellite. But, I can't picture them spending much more the rest of the year. We'll see I guess. Regardless, I'm buying now with the thought that in 10 years this company will be a multi-billion dollar earning machine.

Buying stocks for the near term isn't something I do. Ultimately, Sirius's stock will be available for cheap up until the day the company turns a profit.

I can see it happening. It all depends on if they keep meeting their suscriber guidance. So far they have. If they keep it up, it will happen sooner than most expect.

Keep in mind that if they hit roughly 7 million suscribers, they'll have just over 1 billion of revenue coming in annually. They're guidance projects 6.3 million suscribers by the end of this year. Wether or not their spending continues is another question. They've certainly spent a lot thus far. The first two quarter they paid off Stern and then this quarter they bought a new satellite. But, I can't picture them spending much more the rest of the year. We'll see I guess. Regardless, I'm buying now with the thought that in 10 years this company will be a multi-billion dollar earning machine.

Buying stocks for the near term isn't something I do. Ultimately, Sirius's stock will be available for cheap up until the day the company turns a profit.

i just dont see it happening anytime soon, but i hope it all works out for you :banana:

i just dont see it happening anytime soon, but i hope it all works out for you :banana:

Thanks.

If not, I'll just retire later.

Hell, I'm only 29, might not make a difference anyways.

I'm looking for some new stocks as well, you got any you recommend?

Guest Davaco
I also save money by going home to drink beer by myself for lunch and eating people's leftovers at the office.

I swiped someones teddy grahms (choclate flavor) out of the copy room today. I ate them in the bathroom as another worker was going #2

I swiped someones teddy grahms (choclate flavor) out of the copy room today. I ate them in the bathroom as another worker was going #2

Those weren't Teddy Grahams. That was someone's stool sample. Sorry to break it to you. :thumbsup:

dO THEY STILL Offer a lifetime pay-one-price for service?

It's the lifetime of the radio, not your lifetime.

Guest Davaco
Those weren't Teddy Grahams. That was someone's stool sample. Sorry to break it to you. :clap:

that would explain the corn that was wedged between my teeth

Yawn....Gutter~ Try actually listening to the show on Sirius before knocking him. I tried to give your boys a shot, didn't like them, and decided it wasn't worth the effort to continue bashing them.

Howard hob-knobs with A-list celebrities, so it wouldn't shock me if he could block them. Stern goes out of his way to bash Leno, so I could see Letterman's staff giving him the power if he wanted. Regardless, O&A can't prove that he couldn't...so they are hypocrites also.

Let me get this straight. Stern "cares about O&A" because one of his fans attacked an O&A producer? Exactly what did Stern have to do with that? In the meantime, please explain to us why O&A's "ARMY" of 6 nerds continue to picket/protest Stern in NYC? Seems like your boys are the ones obsessed.

Stern RARELY talks about O&A. That is the truth, but you wouldn't know because you have never listened to him.

Thanks.

If not, I'll just retire later.

Hell, I'm only 29, might not make a difference anyways.

I'm looking for some new stocks as well, you got any you recommend?

i trade with an ultra fast time frame (i'm a professional "scalper", like i only hold things for a few moments., 90% i'm holding stocks for less then a minute), so long term picks arent my specialty.

but the reason why i am up on SIRI is because i owed it years ago and made a really nice profit on it (still remember buying it at $1.14. first big profit i've ever made trading) so i keep tabs on him for, i guess, for sentimental value.

i dont trade much outside of scalping, but if i can recommend anything, it would be go long on oils, but i dont know for how much longer. about a 2-3 months ago bought alot of SUN and OXY. figuring with the summer going on, the unrest in the middle east, the strong possibilty of sanctions/attack on Iran, plus the fact that the oil co's have our prez in their back pocket, this should make oils go even higher. i wouldnt be shocked to see $100+ a barrel.

for the near term (like i'm talking for next few days), one guy i'm currently watching is this RYL, which is currently trading at 42.57. i'm watching to see what it does at $45. by looking at its chart, if it can crack through $45 with good volume, i expect it to go much higher. and if it meets the $45 resistance and fails, farther down it will go. either way, $45 is a turning point and i'm waiting to see what it does there. now, i'm not saying you'll make a million bucks off this trade, but i dont waste time swinging for homeruns either.

either way, if you do get in on anything, just put your stops in and follow them, and you'll be fine

hth

Howard hob-knobs with A-list celebrities, so it wouldn't shock me if he could block them. Stern goes out of his way to bash Leno, so I could see Letterman's staff giving him the power if he wanted. Regardless, O&A can't prove that he couldn't...so they are hypocrites also.

Let me get this straight. Stern "cares about O&A" because one of his fans attacked an O&A producer? Exactly what did Stern have to do with that?

Stern RARELY talks about O&A. That is the truth.

He said he could block them, let's see it. He talked about this on his show, that's how it came out. His fans are obsessed with O&A becaue they always call in to the show and one of them attacked them on the street.

He said he could block them, let's see it. He talked about this on his show, that's how it came out. His fans are obsessed with O&A becaue they always call in to the show and one of them attacked them on the street.

He has said, dozens of times since January, that he no longer gives a crap about O&A. Does he mention them once a month? Probably. But when he does, it is more about what they are doing, rather than bashing them...and quite frankly, what was said on Monday wasnt' bashing. He said the call took place and he didn't oblige. Big whoop.

So what if ONE freaking fan beat up someone from O&A. That has nothing to do with his entire fanbase. So what if a bunch of fans call into O&A? O&A fans have pranked Howard before.

Stop generalizing the entire fanbase over what a small fraction of the fanbase does.

Why the hell does anyone care about Howard Stern?

:lol:

I'd like to cut his going-through-the-motions focking head off.

Cool. What price did you pay so that we can track its progress?

Bought 1000 XMSR @ 11.90

Sold 500 XMSR @ 12.90

Bought 500 XMSR @ 11.70

XMSR currently trading at 13.85

:cheers: