Sign in to follow this  
GutterBoy

Stern talks out his ass again

Monday, on his Sirius Satellite Radio show, Stern said he had a chance to stop Opie and Anthony (who are heard on WFNY-FM and XM Satellite Radio) from appearing on Letterman later this month - but didn't.

Stern said he got a call from someone at Letterman's show three weeks ago, and suggested if he wanted, they wouldn't be booked. He said he didn't care, and would continue to go on Letterman whether O&A did or not.

However, Opie (Gregg Hughes) and Anthony (Cumia) yesterday challenged Stern to actually stop their appearance.

"Howard does this all the time," Cumia said. "He says things that can never be confirmed, there's no accountability. We are telling Howard, go ahead, put his foot down, if he can get us taken off Letterman, do it."

"We dare you," Hughes added. "He's so full of crap."

A Letterman spokeswoman confirmed the radio duo would be on the show Aug. 31.

:wall:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/s...9p-370855c.html

this is like watching cripples fight

no one wins, and everyone is worse for seeing it

all three are unfunny

his show still kick their ass, you know that, the whole world knows that.

I haven't listened to his show on Sirius, so I wouldn't know. By as long as Robin is still there, it can't be good.

Why should Stern care if O&A go on Letterman? :wall:

That would be like The Rolling Stones giving a sh!t about the Counting Crows going on Bandstand.

Why would it make any difference to Stern?

Stern's satellite numbers absolutely destroy any impact Opie and Anthony had when they went to satellite.

O&A may be the best thing going on free radio, but Stern's not in that competition anymore.

I haven't listened to his show on Sirius, so I wouldn't know. By as long as Robin is still there, it can't be good.

:wall: RACIST :wall:

That would be like The Rolling Stones giving a sh!t about the Counting Crows going on Bandstand.

:wall: Might as well have said Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. :wall:

Why should Stern care if O&A go on Letterman? :wall:

Why would it make any difference to Stern?

Stern's satellite numbers absolutely destroy any impact Opie and Anthony had when they went to satellite.

O&A may be the best thing going on free radio, but Stern's not in that competition anymore.

I don't know why Stern would care either, except for the fact that he has blocked guests from appearing on their program and gagging them from mentioning his name in the past. I think what's funny is that Howie claimed he could stop their appearance. What a joke.

both shows are intolerable mindless dribble

Yeah. so?

I don't know why Stern would care either, except for the fact that he has blocked guests from appearing on their program and gagging them from mentioning his name in the past. I think what's funny is that Howie claimed he could stop their appearance. What a joke.

Yeah. so?

I got nothing against mindless dribble, I forgot unentertaining... I like some local opie/anthony clones and sports talk. I have tried both of those (stern and O&A) :wall:

Stern WAS entertaining for about 30 minutes, then he just repeats and repeats. Plus, his ego is sooo huge it's a wonder he can fit his head into the studio.

In Detroit, I'll take Drew and Mike.

Stern WAS entertaining for about 30 minutes, then he just repeats and repeats. Plus, his ego is sooo huge it's a wonder he can fit his head into the studio.

In Detroit, I'll take Drew and Mike.

O&A are on in Detroit now, you should check them out.

Unless you're listening to NPR or your local news radio station isn't most morning drive radio mindless drivel? I mean that's the point, it's supposed to try to give you a chuckle while taxing your brain as little as possible. I mean ultimately, really, who wants to have to think while still trying to wake-up all while headed for the most miserable part of your day no less?

O&A are on in Detroit now, you should check them out.

My sister in Law swears by them.....But I like the local guys. They are just entertaining enough for the 1/2 hr or so I get to listen.

What a surprise. :shocking:

Another Stern/O&A thread from Gutter? :thumbsdown:

About as suprising and thought provoking as a fastfish/RP/torrid political thread :rolleyes:

What a surprise. :shocking:

Another Stern/O&A thread from Gutter? :thumbsdown:

About as suprising and thought provoking as a fastfish/RP/torrid political thread :rolleyes:

Why do you keep reading and posting in them? leave stupid.

Because I like to see you make a total a$$ of yourself, shorty :thumbsdown:

You're such a joke. I don't know if there is anyone here that makes an ass out himself more than you. Possibly edjr, MDC, there may be more.

It's funny how the O&A fans have to start threads about Stern, yet you'll absolutely NEVER see Stern fans starting threads about Opie and Anthony.

The reason?

Stern is something O&A wish they were. He is the king and they are just begging to be recognized.

Meanwhile, O&A are just one amongst hundreds of "shock jocks" swimming underneath Stern. O&A mean nothing to Stern or his fans.

It's funny how the O&A fans have to start threads about Stern, yet you'll absolutely NEVER see Stern fans starting threads about Opie and Anthony.

The reason?

Stern is something O&A wish they were. He is the king and they are just begging to be recognized.

Meanwhile, O&A are just one amongst hundreds of "shock jocks" swimming underneath Stern. O&A mean nothing to Stern or his fans.

If O&A mean nothing to Stern, why did he bring this up on his show? If they mean nothing to his fans, why did a fan attack an O&A producer on the street last month? As a stern fan, why are you bothering to post in this thread, cause they mean nothing? :thumbsdown:

Why is Howard Stern still news? For that matter, how can anyone listen to the mindless spewing of 2 idiots like Opie and Anthony?

If O&A mean nothing to Stern, why did he bring this up on his show? If they mean nothing to his fans, why did a fan attack an O&A producer on the street last month? As a stern fan, why are you bothering to post in this thread, cause they mean nothing? :thumbsdown:

Me posting in this thread has nothing to do with it. I didn't start the thread. I can honestly say that the only time I ever even think about O&A is when you start your weekly thread about them.

This Stern/Opie and Anthony rivalry is like the Yankees/Devil Rays rivalry. Because they're in the same division, the Yankees are public enemy number one to Tampa Bay. It's a huge thing for the Devil Ray's fans. It's their Cowboys/Redskins game. But to the Yankees, and to Yankees fans, they are just one team on the schedule.

You're such a joke. I don't know if there is anyone here that makes an ass out himself more than you. Possibly edjr, MDC, there may be more.

Wow, that hurts. Especially since I hold your opinion in such high regard. :lol:

Are you utterly incapable of going a single day without talking about me? Every morning I have a cup of coffee, read my email, etc. and when I check in here you always have something to say to or about me. Go away you shrunken little freak.

Are you utterly incapable of going a single day without talking about me? Every morning I have a cup of coffee, read my email, etc. and when I check in here you always have something to say to or about me. Go away you shrunken little freak.

Go ahead and just create a few more threads asking me to stop making fun of you.

Go ahead and just create a few more threads asking me to stop making fun of you.

I'll just call your employer and ask about the runty little guy who spends a lot of time on FFT again.

According to articles I have read, Arbitron and other ratings services are going to try to come up with a ratings system for Satellite radio next year. Should be interesting, to be sure.

O&A is the biggest show on free radio, as they are broadcast into 25 markets or so during morning drive. Stern used to be the biggest for many, many years, but is now the king of satellite. According to best estimates from independent reports, Stern has a couple of hundred thousand listeners, which is a far cry from the days when he claimed to have 10 million listeners on free radio. To me, this is simply a case of two ships passing in the night, one headed up, one headed down. But both shows can co-exist in the vast radio universe.

Sirius recently released financial statements that finally fessed up how they hid operating other escalating costs in previous statements. They are in crippling financial trouble after spending a fortune on high priced radio show, and not getting nearly the bump they expected.

Satellite radio might be in deep, deep trouble.

Sirius recently released financial statements that finally fessed up how they hid operating other escalating costs in previous statements. They are in crippling financial trouble after spending a fortune on high priced radio show, and not getting nearly the bump they expected.

Satellite radio might be in deep, deep trouble.

XM also released some rather startling results as well. They are losing the subscriber war with Sirius and are losing more money than they expected. Both are in huge trouble. One should buy the other, but neither has the money to do so :lol:

This is sort of like the ASP market of several years ago where companies were trying to have more users than the other, but the big problem was that they were losing money on EACH user. So when you have more users, you lose more money :banana:

That is why I purchase my satellite subscriptions on a yearly basis.

I purchase monthly expecting one or the other to go out of business/get bought/whatever. Rather not lose a whole year subscription fee.

Who talks out of their collective ass more.

edjr or Howard Stern

I purchase monthly expecting one or the other to go out of business/get bought/whatever. Rather not lose a whole year subscription fee.

Yeah, but you're rich and can afford to give up the discount.

I mentioned this in another thread, but it warrants repeating here ...

I've been listening to Howard since he came here to NYC. That's going on close to 25 years now. I swore by him, and listened religiously. But, the show has gone to sh!t over the past decade or so.

Losing Jackie, and replacing him with that fat fockin' piece of shite Artie was horrendous. Artie is a glorified lapdog, with the same tired schtick over and over and over and over ... SHUT THE FOCK UP YOU RETARDED JERSEY BOY!!! GO STUFF YER FACE AT THE STADIUM!

Howard is the most hypocritical douche out there. He rails against censorship, and is such an advocate of FREE SPEECH ... yet, he forced his parent company to BAN O&A FROM MENTIONING HIM ON THEIR SHOW? He had hecklers tossed from his news conferences? That's FREE SPEECH?

Howie, it's been a nice run. But it's time to shove off. Take that fat fock Artie, that no-talent wax figure girlfriend ... and just sit in SCORES feeling up silicone, mmmmk? It's all you're good for nowadays.

XM also released some rather startling results as well. They are losing the subscriber war with Sirius and are losing more money than they expected. Both are in huge trouble. One should buy the other, but neither has the money to do so :D

This is sort of like the ASP market of several years ago where companies were trying to have more users than the other, but the big problem was that they were losing money on EACH user. So when you have more users, you lose more money :)

This was very recent with Sirius. Everyone knew about XM a while back. But Sirius tried to make themselves look better financially. The truth finally came out, and both are severly focked. Which makes Karmazin talking about buying XM very funny indeed.

I would guess they have to merge, but they won't.

Even though they get their units installed into new cars in deals with auto companies, it's not enough growth to catch up to escalating costs. It can only end badly. And there isn't any current talent or programming either company can get at this point to make any kind of splash.

Yeah, but you're rich and can afford to give up the discount.

That's why he's rich, he uses coupons at the supermarket.

Even though they get their units installed into new cars in deals with auto companies, it's not enough growth to catch up to escalating costs. It can only end badly. And there isn't any current talent or programming either company can get at this point to make any kind of splash.

The scary thing is that both companies have lots of room to improve service yet don't. I don't know if it's that they don't want to spend the money or what, but both services can fill their lineup with alot more content making it much more worthwhile.

That, and a box of Minute Rice could feed his family for a month.

I also save money by going home to drink beer by myself for lunch and eating people's leftovers at the office.