Sign in to follow this  
jets24

Dixie Chicks............

Lotta Republicans in Germany?

Uhhhhh....... :rolleyes:

you got me there. :rolleyes:

Sorry. I didn't mean to make you look stupid. Some people just need to be educated. No offense.

What? That most country music fans don't think for themselves. It's true. They let the church, Bush, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh tell them what to think.

Retarded statement of the year! :rolleyes:

Uhhhhh....... :rolleyes:

My bad, London, not Germany. That's where she said it. I was just wondering if there were lots of Republicans in the crowd?

Sorry. I didn't mean to make you look stupid. Some people just need to be educated. No offense.

oh, that's what you did...and i just thought you're trying to argue a ridiculous statement that you can never prove. :rolleyes:

What? That most country music fans don't think for themselves. It's true. They let the church, Bush, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh tell them what to think.

Just like people who listen to rap drink 40's and kill each other. Metal heads worship the devil. Classical musical lovers are all stuck up rich pricks. Its so easy to classify the world with music...

Just like people who listen to rap drink 40's and kill each other. Metal heads worship the devil. Classical musical lovers are all stuck up rich pricks. Its so easy to classify the world with music...

:rolleyes: You get it.

oh, that's what you did...and i just thought you're trying to argue a ridiculous statement that you can never prove. :(

You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

:thumbsup: You get it.

You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

You're the bull? :shocking: :thumbsdown:

Didn't you feel the horns poking you in the azz?

Figures that's what you'd aim for...liberals :thumbsdown:

Figures that's what you'd aim for...liberals :thumbsdown:

I'm just focking with you guys. My wife is from the country. Her highschool had a 4-wheel drive club. :thumbsup:

:thumbsdown:

thank you.

so why is jets24 all happy? Does he think making 18 million off the tour instead of 20 million (hypothetically) will teach them a lesson?

I'm thinking of a country where artists were punished (songs not played on the radio, concerts cancelled due to lack of attendance) because they criticized their leader....

...What was that country? Oh yeah, Iraq. :headbanger:

Thank God we don't have anything like that HERE in the good ol' US of A.

Funny, I was thinking of a country where fans had choices to purchase tickets to see a show or possibly not. I call it freedom. What was the name of that country?

AMERICA! :)

i am embarrassed that bush is from america. :pointstosky:

So, you're going to blame President Bush because the Dixie Chicks can't sell tickets to their concerts ???

Very Logical on your part. Good job.

So, you're going to blame President Bush because the Dixie Chicks can't sell tickets to their concerts ???

Very Logical on your part. Good job.

The Dixie Cvnts can't sell tickets because the are communists :cheers:

I know I didn't say that....

I did :cheers:

And I stand by it :first:

I'm thinking of a country where artists were punished (songs not played on the radio, concerts cancelled due to lack of attendance) because they criticized their leader....

...What was that country? Oh yeah, Iraq. :dunno:

Thank God we don't have anything like that HERE in the good ol' US of A.

You still don't get it.

Everyone screams about "Freedom of Speech" for the Dixie Chicks. I agree that they should be able to say what they want. But if we disagree with what they say then we should have the same rights of "Freedom of Speech". The difference is that we don't have a microphone or a forum to let the Dixie Chicks know we disagree with them. So our option is to "turn the dial" when their songs come on the air, not buy their records, or not attend their concerts. I fully agree they have a right to voice their opinion but I have the right to let them know that I don't agree with them.

And for the record I think Rush Limbaugh is a fat focking idiot. I don't listen to Limbaugh, Michael Moore, The dixie chicks, Tim Robbins, any conservative or liberal personality. I hate all of those idiots who try to sway people with half-truths and personal agendas. They are all in it for money or publicity and if someone paid them more from the other side of the issue they would jump at the chance to make the dough.

But don't take away my right to disagree with any of those self-involved, self-important windbags. I want to listen to the fat dixie chick sing not spout her political beliefs.

They've replaced the shows they cancelled with additional shows in Canada.

CAUSE WE DON'T WANNA SEE THEM!

CAUSE WE DON'T WANNA SEE THEM!

Most new country music is complete garbage. The Dixie Chicks are one of the only artists in "new country" that is actually very talented.

You still don't get it.

Everyone screams about "Freedom of Speech" for the Dixie Chicks. I agree that they should be able to say what they want. But if we disagree with what they say then we should have the same rights of "Freedom of Speech". The difference is that we don't have a microphone or a forum to let the Dixie Chicks know we disagree with them. So our option is to "turn the dial" when their songs come on the air, not buy their records, or not attend their concerts. I fully agree they have a right to voice their opinion but I have the right to let them know that I don't agree with them.

And for the record I think Rush Limbaugh is a fat focking idiot. I don't listen to Limbaugh, Michael Moore, The dixie chicks, Tim Robbins, any conservative or liberal personality. I hate all of those idiots who try to sway people with half-truths and personal agendas. They are all in it for money or publicity and if someone paid them more from the other side of the issue they would jump at the chance to make the dough.

But don't take away my right to disagree with any of those self-involved, self-important windbags. I want to listen to the fat dixie chick sing not spout her political beliefs.

I agree, except for the problem of organizations like Clear Channel. They own the radio stations, the theatres and the ticket agencies. They can single-handedly shut down any artist they want. I don't want my Federal money supporting the Dixie Chicks in their business endeavors and I don't want my Federal money supporting (via the FCC) to support Clear Channel either. However, Clear Channel is winning in this one.

BTW - I don't know if I like the Dixie Chicks. I saw them about 10 years ago in San Antonio when they were just starting. I nodded my head and went to the Irish bar on the River Walk. Since then, I can say that the only thing that I have heard from them is their interview with Stern where they admitted some nice nasty things. That makes me want to give them a :headbanger:

our option is to "turn the dial" when their songs come on the air,

You don't have this choice. Clearchannel made this decision for you.

You don't have this choice. Clearchannel made this decision for you.

Wow. Clear Channel owns every radio station? And the music/cd stores? I had no idea.

Wow. Clear Channel owns every radio station? And the music/cd stores? I had no idea.

You have "no idea" about a lot of stuff. HTH

lol at the libs here.

Just because some Ditzy B!tch says something that p!sses off a good portion of her intended audience, and said audience reacts with a resounding "Fock off", it automatically becomes a "vast right wing conspiracy" against free speech.

Just another example of how the libs are all for "free speech"..........as long as you agree with them.

lol at the libs here.

Just because some Ditzy B!tch says something that p!sses off a good portion of her intended audience, and said audience reacts with a resounding "Fock off", it automatically becomes a "vast right wing conspiracy" against free speech.

Just another example of how the libs are all for "free speech"..........as long as you agree with them.

:banana: at the right wingers here. This is not a political agenda. This is a business agenda. If you think that Clear Channel and other Southern-based outlets do not pander to their audience and deliberately censor certain artists, then you are naive.

This is something that has been happening for decades.

Natalie Maynes sure figured out where the refrigerator was... that's about all that I have to add on this topic.

when she referred to wide open spaces, she may have meant her hips... :dunno:

And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills

Well the landslide brought me down

And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills

Well maybe

Well maybe

Well maybe the landslide will bring you down

has anyone seen stevie nicks these days? she has to be getting up there and im guessing, looking ragged...

that being said, id still rip into her :huh: .....

maybe no one's buying tickets to their shows because they suck. :thumbsup:

I hate the Dixie Pricks more than anything, but, to their credit, their new album is selling like freakin crazy.

I didn't really like what the pricky, hick ass whores said about Bush, espessially since at the time, he was doing a relatively good job at presidency. It is when they dissed my boy Toby Keith for being a patriot and speaking his mind that i really started to hate them, i have always thought they sucked, but, now i have passionate hatred towards them.

I actually like some of the Dixie Chics music but they are really stupid people. They are from Texas. They bashed George Bush. Why didnt they just say country music is for inbred hillbillies, they probably would have had a better chance of being forgiven.

People need to stop listening to the political beliefs of famous people. Just because a person can sing well or act does not mean they know sh1t about politics or anything else for that matter. This is pointed directly at Sean Focking Penn and Susan focking Serandin (sp?).

I wonder if Clear Channel is keeping that impeachment song by Annie Defranco off the air... either that or it and shew sucks...

I am more conservative than not. I've bought every Dixie Chicks CD that they've made. I've always liked their music, and though I don't like what they said, I still bought their newest CD. (It's very good by the way). People need to get over this crap already. Also, who the hell made Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, Michael Moore, Springstein, Toby Keith etc. experts on anything?? Just shock the fock up. Nobody cares what you have to say.

I actually like some of the Dixie Chics music but they are really stupid people. They are from Texas. They bashed George Bush. Why didnt they just say country music is for inbred hillbillies, they probably would have had a better chance of being forgiven.

People need to stop listening to the political beliefs of famous people. Just because a person can sing well or act does not mean they know sh1t about politics or anything else for that matter. This is pointed directly at Sean Focking Penn and Susan focking Serandin (sp?).

:dunno: Good post, I get so sick of focking celebs voicing there opinion on politics like they no more then everyone else. If your in the spotlight, and you make some comment like the dixie chicks did, you have to be ready for the backlash. Also others on that list are B. Afflack, R. Moore focking tools.

So let me get this straight...

The Dixie Chicks at one of their concerts in London right before the Iraq invasion say that they are ashamed that Bush is from Texas and there is all of this backlash. Hell, half of the folks here from Texas have said the same thing.

What exactly did they do/say that was wrong? :dunno: