Sign in to follow this  
Odie

Tipping...

Say you order pizza, and the bill comes to 11.60, how much tip do you give? Say the Driver has a 10 min drive.

I say give a 20 and ask back for 4 bucks. Which leaves the guy with a 4 dollar tip. What would you guys/gals tip in that type of situation.

Say you order pizza, and the bill comes to 11.60, how much tip do you give? Say the Driver has a 10 min drive.

I say give a 20 and ask back for 4 bucks. Which leaves the guy with a 4 dollar tip. What would you guys/gals tip in that type of situation.

You would be what I concider a top priority. The Ave tip is (for order under $20.00) $2.00, $3.00 ill remember, But $4+ will have drivers fighting over you every nite.

Also, tipping a buck or less, well, now your just insulting me!

You would be what I concider a top priority. The Ave tip is (for order under $20.00) $2.00, $3.00 ill remember, But $4+ will have drivers fighting over you every nite.

Also, tipping a buck or less, well, now your just insulting me!

Did you ever think of getting a real job? :cheers:

Thats what I figured... I know, from past experience, being a delivery driver is a pain in the arse. So I try to tip a little higher.

I never tip less than $5 for a pizza, and if it's a big order, I'll tip accordingly. At restaurants, minimum is usually 20%. I hate tipping cab drivers, I don't know why, I think it's because they charge you $4 just to get in the damn car...

It depends on what I am buying. I see tip jars in front of Starbucks and Subway cash registers. I am not tipping someone taking my order. In Oregon, the minimum wage is $7 plus an hour. People taking orders? Yes, these people need more money for tattoos. B)

a $50 with no change

Actually did that once.

Granted the bill was huge, thanks to the fockface that asked for a Glenlevit when I said I'd buy a round for the table ... I handed the server a $50 bill and said, "keep the change." and I was gonna do that anway ... prolly just like a $20 tip. Well, I also asked for a Glenlevit ... so maybe a $10 tip .. but I made the guy feel like a tool for ordering an expensive drink, when I was being cool and buying a round.

Yeah ... by the time I finished it ....

ASS KICKIN TIME!

"Why did you order the most expensive drink? Dude?"

Sipped my whiskey sour. And he said .. "You said any drink I wantored!"

Point taken ... but I was trying to tip the waitress ..... not my plan to treat some fockhead douchetard like a king.

Was that hard to understand? You gonna suck my cack tonight? I don't tink so!

D!ckface!

Did not even get a BJ that night ... and I blame the d!ckhead. Girls liked me ... before that arguement.

Thought I was gonna be cool, buy all the girls a well drink .... and then some douchfock orders a drink that costs like $12. I shoulda just kicked his arse right there.

Actually did that once.

Granted the bill was huge, thanks to the fockface that asked for a Glenlevit when I said I'd buy a round for the table ... I handed the server a $50 bill and said, "keep the change." and I was gonna do that anway ... prolly just like a $20 tip. Well, I also asked for a Glenlevit ... so maybe a $10 tip .. but I made the guy feel like a tool for ordering an expensive drink, when I was being cool and buying a round.

Yeah ... by the time I finished it ....

ASS KICKIN TIME!

"Why did you order the most expensive drink? Dude?"

Sipped my whiskey sour. And he said .. "You said any drink I wantored!"

Point taken ... but I was trying to tip the waitress ..... not my plan to treat some fockhead douchetard like a king.

Was that hard to understand? You gonna suck my cack tonight? I don't tink so!

D!ckface!

Did not even get a BJ that night ... and I blame the d!ckhead. Girls liked me ... before that arguement.

Thought I was gonna be cool, buy all the girls a well drink .... and then some douchfock orders a drink that costs like $12. I shoulda just kicked his arse right there.

BrIAFP

I usually tip:

10% for service people, like pizza delivery drivers, cabbies, etc.

20% for waitstaff and bartenders

20% for hairstylists, masseuse, etc.

50% or more to anyone that goes above and beyond what is required.

Guest Davaco

i just pcik the pizza up, then i dont have to tip

:D

Prolly about $14 in your scenario. As a rule:

20% rounded up for delivery

15% rounded up or down for waiters based on service

20% rounded up or down for hair or massage based on service (no not that kind)

"Give me my pizza and get the fock off my lawn before I shoot you in the back."

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Dude gets $1.00

Hot college chick gets $2.00

why would u do that?...you are ruining her for life..because shes considered hot, she doesnt have to work or try as hard?

delivery driver was always a fun side job..im in GB so traffics never a worry..its fun when u went to parties etc..

as far as going out..my friends and i can be high maintenance at times..we know this bar has the baseball package and we ask for a specific game..if the gal can find it, we treat her well..

last week, we went out and this dude claimed that they didnt have the nfl channel..a total lie..he was being lazy..no soup for you..if u are a guy and cant find football, you are a nancy..

I'm a good tipper but it depends on the servise. The pizza deliverly person gets two or three bucks. At a fine dinning establishment I want good service. If the service sucks so does the tip. Somethings are out fore the waiters/waittresses control. But as long as they check on me and make sure my glass is full everything is cool.

If you order pizza delivered, you have to give at least 3 bucks and the change on anything under 20 bucks.

Over 20 should be at least 5 bucks, depending on how much over 20 you go.

Good person alert :D :banana:

If you order pizza delivered, you have to give at least 3 bucks and the change on anything under 20 bucks.

Over 20 should be at least 5 bucks, depending on how much over 20 you go.

Good person alert :blink: :thumbsup:

So you're telling me that on top of the close to $10 an hour pizza delivery drivers get, they should get a $3-$5 tip 6 to 8 times an hour. That's close to $40 an hour. I'm not sure if I HAVE to give $3 on anything under $20.

So you're telling me that on top of the close to $10 an hour pizza delivery drivers get, they should get a $3-$5 tip 6 to 8 times an hour. That's close to $40 an hour. I'm not sure if I HAVE to give $3 on anything under $20.

Not quite, see 6-8 deliverys an hour very rarely happens, and not everybody tips that well. I work in a good part of town w/ the exception of a few crappy hotels, and I ave about $15-$17 an hour, but keep in mind I use my own car and pay for whatever breaks on it as well. Also, my work is in the top ten as far as dangerous jobs go.(see quote below)

One top-10 surprise was the fifth place finisher -- driver-sales workers, which, according to a BLS spokesperson, includes pizza delivers, vending machine fillers, and the like. Again, these workers are often self employed. Traffic accidents contributed heavily to their high fatality rate of 38 per 100,000, but they also suffered from crime; nearly a quarter of their deaths came from robberies and assaults.

Most people dont think about the fact that getting your food there in the quoted time often involes not getting killed or muged. :bench:

I work at applebee's, and standard tipping for anyone who gives your service (waiter, delivery guy, barber) is 15% basically all these workers make less than minimum wage per hour. For instance i make 3.09 an hour without tips. Think about that next time you think of stiffing some server or person who that is their real job. As a rule i tip the 15% and round up to the next dollar. so if it is 19.50 i'd tip 23 dollars. Unless it is great service then i follow the same procedure but i tip 20%.

If I order pizza, I go pick it up. I always tip when picking up take-out (be it pizza, thai food, chick wings etc.), usually 20%. My wife thinks this is assinine, but hey, everyone needs to earn a living. If someone in the service industry (i.e., their income is dependent upon tips) does a good job, they deserve to get paid for it.

People remember how you treated them vis a vis tipping. At my frequent take-out places it's almost embarassing the attention they show me because I am obviously known as the guy who tips well.

Dining out, unless you completely focked up the order or were rude or unattentive, I'm tipping anywhere from 20-33%. When the check is $400, what's an extra $20 or $30 bucks when figuring the tip? And yes, you should tip on the total bill (e.g., don't exclude the $120 bottle of wine you ordered) when calculating the tip.

I guess I subscribe to the golden rule when it comes to tipping and tip what I would want to be tipped.

Not quite, see 6-8 deliverys an hour very rarely happens, and not everybody tips that well. I work in a good part of town w/ the exception of a few crappy hotels, and I ave about $15-$17 an hour, but keep in mind I use my own car and pay for whatever breaks on it as well.

Well, you're in Grand Rapids, MI. If you were in a more urban environment, you'd be making a lot more. Tipping a pizza delivery guy $3 for a $12 order in my neck of the woods puts him above U.S. median household income.

Well, you're in Grand Rapids, MI. If you were in a more urban environment, you'd be making a lot more. Tipping a pizza delivery guy $3 for a $12 order in my neck of the woods puts him above U.S. median household income.

I do see your point, But I think it evens out in the end. Less tips and more runs v less runs and more tips. :mad:

If I order pizza, I go pick it up. I always tip when picking up take-out (be it pizza, thai food, chick wings etc.), usually 20%. My wife thinks this is assinine, but hey, everyone needs to earn a living. If someone in the service industry (i.e., their income is dependent upon tips) does a good job, they deserve to get paid for it.

People remember how you treated them vis a vis tipping. At my frequent take-out places it's almost embarassing the attention they show me because I am obviously known as the guy who tips well.

Dining out, unless you completely focked up the order or were rude or unattentive, I'm tipping anywhere from 20-33%. When the check is $400, what's an extra $20 or $30 bucks when figuring the tip? And yes, you should tip on the total bill (e.g., don't exclude the $120 bottle of wine you ordered) when calculating the tip.

I guess I subscribe to the golden rule when it comes to tipping and tip what I would want to be tipped.

Another good guy :mad: