Sign in to follow this  
edjr

One of the many great reasons to not have kids.

Unlike wasting "the best years of your life" posting 33,000 posts on a message board?

Hey cùntrag 95% of them are from work. thanks for caring :lol:

When I got back from Singapore my wife and 3 kids knew that my body clock was focked up and were very supportive (and quiet) about me sleeping when I wanted for how long I wanted. :lol:

My kids and I do what we can when my husband has been working a lot, or is sick/tired.

The very best reason not to have kids is that you don't want kids. So, good for you for not having them.

well yeah, and that too. :lol:

I live in a house that is big enough so that i can't hear the kid crying downstairs when i am upstairs with the door closed. So, I can sleep when i need to and the wife can take care of the kid. I think a house is another concept that EDJR does not get.

i'm a better dad than you could ever hope to be :blink:

Do you tell yourself that every weekend when you're at the bar drinking and your kid is at home hoping her Dad comes home, or maybe she doesn't?

Do you tell yourself that every weekend when you're at the bar drinking and your kid is at home hoping his Dad comes home, or maybe she doesn't?

i dont go to bars anymore.

i dont go to bars anymore.

You just start a thread every Friday entitled "WHO'S DRINKING TONIGHT?" for the hell of it, right?

Tell us more about how you're Dad of the year. Is it ignoring your family while you are glued to the TV watch another KC sports team lose?

You just start a thread every Friday entitled "WHO'S DRINKING TONIGHT?" for the hell of it, right?

Tell us more about how you're Dad of the year. Is it ignoring your family while you are glued to the TV watch another KC sports team lose?

Drinking does not equate going out to the bars to get smashed. I also don't watch TV, just chiefs and royals and jayhawks, and if it werent for that I wouldnt even need a TV.

Why are you trying to challenge me? I'm confident in my parenting skills. Are you insecure or something?

Drinking does not equate going out to the bars to get smashed. I also don't watch TV, just chiefs and royals and jayhawks, and if it werent for that I wouldnt even need a TV.

Why are you trying to challenge me? I'm confident in my parenting skills. Are you insecure or something?

I'm challenging you because you made the claim that you are a better father than I could ever hope to be. Explain why you think this?

Getting a little personal there aren't we gutterboy? That's some pretty mean sh*t man.

I'm challenging you because you made the claim that you are a better father than I could ever hope to be. Explain why you think this?

There isn't anyone that's a better father to my kids than I am, that's why I think like I do :clap:

There isn't anyone that's a better father to my kids than I am, that's why I think like I do :clap:

Getting a little personal there aren't we gutterboy? That's some pretty mean sh*t man.

1. If you wish to post at the FF Today Forums, you must play be these rules and guidelines. I can’t stress this enough. If you can’t or don’t want to follow these guidelines then your account will be deleted and you are welcome to find a board that suits your posting style. The FF Today Forums are a great resource for fantasy football discussion but its important for you to follow the rules and guidelines. in order to keep this a pleasant environment for everyone. Playing policeman is no fun, trust me, but unfortunately it must and will be done. Those of you with active accounts, I would strongly encourage you to please re-read the forum guidelines before posting. There will be no warnings for breaking the forum rules.

2. We are currently not accepting new registrations. This is only temporary while additional maintenance is performed on the software.

3. Since we’ve upgraded to a newer version of the forums software you may experience some issues when trying to login or retrieve information from your account. In most instances, this can be resolved by logging out and logging back in; or clearing your browser’s cache. If you are having problems logging in, please send me an email mike@fftoday.com and I will assist you as best I can.

Remember, the guidelines and rules of The FF Today Forums are here to ensure that this remains a great resource for fantasy football discussion, so the rules will be enforced. Most of you will have no problem following them. Please use you common sense and if you have a question, ask first before posting and I will do my best to help make the line clearer for you. Communicating on a message board is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words.

OK, I'll step off the soap box now and crank down the PA. We will be making some minor cosmetic changes to the boards in the coming days, but with free agency finally underway and peace finally reached on the labor front, its time to talk some football so, let’s get to it!

I'm sorry but this is a stoopid assertion. If I were gutter I would call you on it too.

Edjr,

I don't get your post man. Are you implying I'm not following the rules, or are you implying Gutterboy isn't?

Nt trying to be a smartass here either, just asking.

There isn't anyone that's a better father to my kids than I am, that's why I think like I do :mad:

You think like you do because you are a complete idiot.

Edjr,

I don't get your post man. Are you implying I'm not following the rules, or are you implying Gutterboy isn't?

Nt trying to be a smartass here either, just asking.

I'm implying he's not. Sorry about that.

CMH leaves the house and isn't around much.

Gutterboy has no life and is always home around his kids.

That makes CMH the better dad. Would you want to be around Gutterboy all the time?

CMH > gutterboy

If only edsr would have felt the same way as edjr does about this topic...

:D

This post isn't getting the credit it deserves.

if you don't have kids, who is going to look after you when you are old and can't pay your own bills and can't wipe your own ass and stuff? :D

if you don't have kids, who is going to look after you when you are old and can't pay your own bills and can't wipe your own ass and stuff? :D

This is the main reason people do in fact have kids. Wanting someone to care for them when they get older and a need to leave something behind in the world. Fear of death, immortality, giving their life meaning, yada yada yada.

Since I'm going to die of AIDS or liver failure when I'm 38, none of this really concerns me.

This is the main reason people do in fact have kids. Wanting someone to care for them when they get older and a need to leave something behind in the world. Fear of death, immortality, giving their life meaning, yada yada yada.

That's bullsh!t.

That's bullsh!t.

You are right. I left out the biologically programmed need for reproduction.

Everything is about the propagation of the species. It is why sex feels good. It is why babies- be they baby humans, kittens, puppies whatever- are so cute. To give the adults inclination to care for them and nurture them.

It is biology buddy. It is unnatural not to love your children. Unless of course, you name is edsr.

You are right. I left out the biologically programmed need for reproduction.

Everything is about the propagation of the species. It is why sex feels good. It is why babies- be they baby humans, kittens, puppies whatever- are so cute. To give the adults inclination to care for them and nurture them.

It is biology buddy. It is unnatural not to love your children. Unless of course, you name is edsr.

Of course in the end it comes down to this. Although, a few weeks ago I found a baby scorpion under our kitchen sink. I didn't find it cute. In fact I crushed the little guy. :pointstosky:

This post isn't getting the credit it deserves.

Now it has! :banana:

:lol: I'm a loser.

jealous because I get paid to do it. I know :dunno:

Well, I don't technically get paid to post. It is more of a fringe benefit :cheers:

Yeah, Its kind of like taking a $hit on company time. You are getting paid while taking the dump but its not something you put on your timesheet.

Staying home and drinking in front of the kids is excellent parenting.

yeah nobody else posts at work and gets paid to do it.

I'm a loser because I post the most while at work? I got it, that makes sense.

Matter of fact, that makes me better than everyone here. :banana:

Staying home and drinking in front of the kids is excellent parenting.

my 15 month old is devastated that im down havin a couple beers with her grandpa while g'ma is watching her, I'm sure :banana:

my 15 month old is devastated that im down havin a couple beers with her grandpa while g'ma is watching her, I'm sure :doh:

As the mother of a four year old, you have NO idea how much they actually do notice and retain.

Seriously.

As the mother of a four year old, you have NO idea how much they actually do notice and retain.

Seriously.

Remember who's kid it is and the fact that it may not have much of a brain to start with. ;)

my 15 month old is devastated that im down havin a couple beers with her grandpa while g'ma is watching her, I'm sure :doublethumbsup:

Does getting drunk with grandpa while you leave the kid with grandma contribute to your being the best dad on this bored?

If only edsr would have felt the same way as edjr does about this topic...

:mad:

:pointstosky: Also I'm going to be going for 3 days with little sleep to get home. FIRST thing I'll do is kiss the wife and play with Ram Jr, regardless of being tired. Having a kid is the all time sh!t IMO.

And like gutter and jerry mentioned, if you need to crash your spouse is the one who is kind enough to take care of the munchkins. So don't harbor any distaste for the kidlets. Maybe you need to re-evaluate your choice (or potential choice) of mates.

:mad: Also I'm going to be going for 3 days with little sleep to get home. FIRST thing I'll do is kiss the wife and play with Ram Jr, regardless of being tired. Having a kid is the all time sh!t IMO.

And like gutter and jerry mentioned, if you need to crash your spouse is the one who is kind enough to take care of the munchkins. So don't harbor any distaste for the kidlets. Maybe you need to re-evaluate your choice (or potential choice) of mates.

That's right, AirRam... you're coming home for awhile soon aren't you?

:pointstosky: That's awesome. I hope you have a wonderful reunion with your family.

B)