Sign in to follow this  
MDC

the ***Official*** Eagles - Saints thread!

This game has some interesting storylines and matchups.

Eagles and Saints both made the playoff for the first time in years during McNabb's second season (2000) but they've gone in opposite directions - Philly has been a playoff contender ever since but New Orleans underachieved for a few years and basically rebuilt. There's the McNabb-Ricky Williams connection but he's long gone. Then you have Darren Howard and Dante Stallworth going back to the Big Easy.

It'll be an interesting matchup. I haven't seen the Saints play this year so I'm not sure what to expect, but they have been running the ball well so the battle in the trenches should be fierce. I've got to pick Philly to win though, because McNabb is playing great ball and the Saints' secondary has been awful forever. I'm thinking it'll be a high-scoring game, competitive game that Philly wins 31-28.

this has the look of a classic letdown game for the Eagles. however, Saints are also 4-1 and due to lose a tough one. Eagles need to stuff Deuce McAllester in order to bring pressure on Brees. on O, ideally the Birds would be able to run more on the Saints than they usually do. w/out Stallworth they can't expect to keep rolling up huge passing days. need to get some balance. i'd like to see steady doses of Buckhalter in this one.

Why the fock do the Eagles refuse to get a decent RB to help out Westbrook and McNabb?

I gotta go with the better running team, Saints take this one on Bree's efficiency and Deuce's running.

Was at Saints/Panthers, NO should've won that game, they very well could be 5-0. Bush fumbled inside the 15 & Carney missed a 40ish yard FG.

Iggles should win this one, but since its @NO, there's "that" factor going on. Philly has to make Brees uncomfortable like they did Bledsoe, Carolina never really got to him & he stood in the pocket all day & made good decisions.

Why the fock do the Eagles refuse to get a decent RB to help out Westbrook and McNabb?

I've been asking this question for years. :pointstosky:

Will Bush do well against them? :lol:

He hates NO. Just ask Spike. I'm taking NO since everything Bush touches turns to doo doo.

All the predictions here have the Eagles covering a 3.5 point spread. Therefore, I hope you are all correct. <_<

20-16 Saints.

The Saints defense is better than most people think.

McNabb will have to throw to someone other than the backs and Te's to win this one.

It AINT happening.

I think :dunno:

:banana:

All the predictions here have the Eagles covering a 3.5 point spread. Therefore, I hope you are all correct. :banana:

When all the predictions go one way when it comes to betting. SOMEHOW it never goes that way.. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM makes you wonder.

31-14 Birds

Close game till 4th quarter then true talent pulls away.

:banana:

Well as it turns out, I didn't take the Eagles; the spread changed and I wasn't able to take them in a parlay; therefore, I went a different route. It's a good thing; I won't sleep on the Saints again. :rolleyes:

Well as it turns out, I didn't take the Eagles; the spread changed and I wasn't able to take them in a parlay; therefore, I went a different route. It's a good thing; I won't sleep on the Saints again. :rolleyes:

ofcourse you didnt

ofcourse you didnt

I didn't, but I sure tried to. I decided to go with the Rams instead, and they got me a cheap cover. The other team in it is the Steelers -7. If they lose now, they deserve to.

The Eagles waited too long before they played to their ability. Impressive win by the Saints.

Congrats to the Saints' fans on the bored. They wanted it more and executed much better - the win was earned.

I don't want to take anything away from Nawlins because they are a solid team, but the Eagles really didn't show up until it was too late yesterday. If I had to blame the loss on two things other than the obvious - a really bad fumbled punt and a 12 men on the field penalty that negated a 3rd down sack - I'd point to Reid's play-calling and the secondary.

The game plan was terrible, one longball after another. And the pass defense is just bad. Last week I said that Lito is wildly overrated. Naturally he had the best game of his career right afterward. But it's still true - he's a big play guy but he gets torched on a regular basis. Sheldon Brown is solid and I'll gladly put up with Dawkins' occassional lapses because of the energy he brings to the field. Joselio Hansen is garbage. Hopefully Rod Hood will be back soon. Based on their play you'd think Hood was a former 1st rounder and Shepard was an undrafted RFA. Albeit a very talented one.

Do I even need to mention that Michael Lewis can't cover anyone? <_<

Michael Lewis is a bum :banana: every week he gets burnt or misses a tackle. Joe Horn dusted him on Sunday. it was embarrassing how bad that 2nd TD was.

it needs to be Consodine time. demote Lewis to 2nd string