Sign in to follow this  
GuidingLight

Best person you have met here?

D'ohmer Simpson, without question. He is such a moron that it makes me feel beter about myself. :pointstosky:

Actually met?

Jerryskids. He's the ONLY geek I have actually met, so he kinda wins by default.

Talked to on the phone?

Hmm. This one is tough. Given that I have talked to several great people from this site on the phone. I think that the most memorable call was the one I gave to Shovelheadt at around 2AM when he was out of town. He was explaining to me what he does for work, stopped mid-sentence and said, "Well, do you know what a server is?" I said, after laughing, "Yes. I know what a server is, a router, a hub, a switch. Tell me what you do, and if I have questions, I will ask." For some reason, I think he went, :doublethumbsup: on the other end of the phone.

Communicated with a few geeks thru email only, and again, they have all been pretty greta.

No one in particular comes to mind in terms of being an out right jerk or anything.

jerryskids and jackie sherrill are the nicest geeks.

I agree most often with Davebg, Toro and Wiffleball. :doublethumbsup: They could be on my debate team anytime. And Brad Gluckman frequently.

I agree least with mobb deep, davaco, Q. Lazzarus (I'm sure there are more).

I think Trip McNeely is a gentleman (see Thank you card post) - so I would invite him to a birthday party at Chucky Cheese's.

Actually met?

Jerryskids. He's the ONLY geek I have actually met, so he kinda wins by default.

Talked to on the phone?

Hmm. This one is tough. Given that I have talked to several great people from this site on the phone. I think that the most memorable call was the one I gave to Shovelheadt at around 2AM when he was out of town. He was explaining to me what he does for work, stopped mid-sentence and said, "Well, do you know what a server is?" I said, after laughing, "Yes. I know what a server is, a router, a hub, a switch. Tell me what you do, and if I have questions, I will ask." For some reason, I think he went, <_< on the other end of the phone.

Communicated with a few geeks thru email only, and again, they have all been pretty greta.

No one in particular comes to mind in terms of being an out right jerk or anything.

Shut up :dunno:

D'ohmer Simpson, without question. He is such a moron that it makes me feel beter about myself. <_<

havent met anyone here in person...but i think that dohmer is one of my favorites....along with phillybear and kutulu...i just like their humor...

Let's see, it would have to be from the Geeks I have met thus far, hard to guage the others so let's try it this way:

RLLD: bought me 0 beers

redtodd: bought me at least 1 beer

DuckStupid: bought me at a couple beers

30 Fat Texan: bought me 0 beers

stop talking cheerleader: bought me 0 beers

I'd have to say either redtodd or DuckStupid :P

they were all cool, and there are quite a few geeks I would like to meet and get to know <_<

:dunno:

I'm available Tuesday evenings from 7-9. <_<

what part of the country are you in?

Shut up <_<

Oh, except Cdub. He's a jerk.

.... and kutulu...i just like their humor...

I amuse you :doublethumbsup:

:cheers: :D :P

what part of the country are you in?

Standard response: Beantown! :doublethumbsup: Center of the Universe.

My fiance is in St. Louis right now. If you see a strikingly beautiful blonde, 5'11'', 115 pounds with a D cup, shapely bottom and legs for days . . . that's probably her :cheers:

Wow, thanks for all of the :dunno:

I've met two wonderful ladies from this bored, and if you think I'm going to choose one, then you must think I'm stoopid. :dunno:

SUX was cool to hang with, and he bought my food and drinks since I drove. :thumbsdown:

I'd meet pretty much have a drink with any of you fockers.

Let's see, it would have to be from the Geeks I have met thus far, hard to guage the others so let's try it this way:

RLLD: bought me 0 beers

DuckStupid: bought me at a couple beers

30 Fat Texan: bought me 0 beers

stop talking cheerleader: bought me 0 beers

they were all cool, and there are quite a few geeks I would like to meet and get to know :thumbsdown:

:P

:banana: I was too busy gambling away my beer $

I promise you got 1 or many coming

Ms. Shared Syringes!

followed closely by TylerRoseFan, Farmer Bernie, Wiffleball and Rusty Syringes.

What do you mean by best person?

I've met 7 people in person? I think.

I hate to pick for fear of upsetting anyone.. you know me, I'm all about being PC.

It's a toss up between torridjoe and sawilson. Both had teeth. :thumbsdown:

which one left teeth marks?

It was TWO beers, focker. :clap:

:dunno:

i don't have time to read this whole thread...but just wanted to thank all the people who said me :dunno:

It depends on if you're talking about someone you've actually met, or if someone you've talked to on the phone is included.

It depends on if you're talking about someone you've actually met, or if someone you've talked to on the phone is included.

What is with the focking nerds around here and talking to girls from the messageboard on the phone? Seriously. :unsure:

Do you mean 'best' as in 'most good-hearted person' or 'gives the best hand-jobs'?

What is with the focking nerds around here and talking to girls from the messageboard on the phone? Seriously. :cheers:

:thumbsup:

I think Trip McNeely is a gentleman

also, thanks for the shout-out CurlyNight, (cough, cough,ahem) I mean Tony Hardware

What is with the focking nerds around here and talking to girls from the messageboard on the phone? Seriously. :dunno:

:D

they have geek conference calls :lol:

I've never actually met any of you in person, because nobody wants to come to New Jersey. (I don't blame you).

However, the nicest people on here are always the chicks. Personally, I would give the nod to sawilson (she picked me a killer fantasy football team) and Curlynight (that's right. She has been incredibly nice to me, so fock off.)

Here's to ya both. :D

I've never actually met any of you in person, because nobody wants to come to New Jersey. (I don't blame you).

However, the nicest people on here are always the chicks. Personally, I would give the nod to sawilson (she picked me a killer fantasy football team) and Curlynight (that's right. She has been incredibly nice to me, so fock off.)

Here's to ya both. :D

Awe :lol: thank you so much.

Also, you want to trade teams? Mine bites!!! :dunno:

Met in person:

Mephisto

Bammbamm

DI

CMH

Redtodd

They were all good people. Would drink with any of them again. :blink:

What is with the focking nerds around here and talking to girls from the messageboard on the phone? Seriously. :banana:

What is wrong with that? Seriously :mad:

God forbid going out and meeting new people. The shame, the shame :clap:

What is wrong with that? Seriously :banana:

God forbid going out and meeting new people. The shame, the shame :mad:

I don't think he has an issue with actually meeting new people. I think he's questioning the desirability of trying to pick up "ladies" on a FF message board.

HTH, and continued good fortunes in future phone conversations.

I don't think he has an issue with actually meeting new people. I think he's questioning the desirability of trying to pick up "ladies" on a FF message board.

:banana:

Of the 3 ladies and 2 men form this bored that I have talked to on the phone, I only tried to pick up on 1 of them.

Needless to say, Spotted hasn't called me back in a while :mad:

I've met two ladies from a FF message board. Also as I think about it, the only time I've spoken to either on the phone was when I was in town to coordinate the logistics of meeting. :banana:

And I just know in my heart that if I were single, and they were single, and they had any interest in me, I could have picked them up. <_<

And I just know in my heart that if I were single, and they were single, and they had any interest in me, I could have picked them up. :banana:

Wow, Cassanova..Care to teach me some of your tricks? <_<

Wow, Cassanova..Care to teach me some of your tricks? :thumbsup:

Sure. Find a single woman who is interested in you and pick her up. HTH. ;)

Sure. Find a single woman who is interested in you and pick her up. HTH. :headbanger:

Then what? :huh:

put her back down.

Why? I'd just have to pick her up again. What is the purpose?

I'm so confused :headbanger:

:P

Of the 3 ladies and 2 men form this bored that I have talked to on the phone, I only tried to pick up on 1 of them.

Needless to say, Spotted hasn't called me back in a while :(

Another missed opportunity on my part. :doublethumbsup:

Another missed opportunity on my part. :P

:mad:

No need to heckle me...You have already done enough damage to my fragile ego :(

also...Whassup? :doublethumbsup: