Sign in to follow this  
Tarheel Boy

NBA Predictions

:first:

Still sucks that I'm not talking about the defending champion Mavs. Oh well, here are my predictions.

Northwest Champion - Denver Nuggets: While this is a horrible division, I think Carmelo will continue to improve and lead this team.

Southwest Champion - Dallas Mavericks: Everyone of significance back, plus some nice offseason additions means the Mavs finally take over the Spurs in the division.

Pacific Champion - Phoenix Suns: The best division in the league that should get 4 teams in the playoffs. This team is deep and if Amare is healthy they are the team to beat.

Atlantic Champion - New Jersey Nets: This division isn't much better than the Northwest, but the Nets are clearly the best team.

Central Champion - Detroit Pistons: I had a hard time deciding between the Pistons and Cavaliers. Then I remembered Flip Sanders does well in regular season games.

Southeast Champion - Miami Heat: They are the team to beat in the division and with Wade they'll be damn good.

Western Conference Champion - Phoenix Suns - I'm banking on Amare being healthy the entire year and if he is he'll be a beast.

Eastern Conference Champion - Cleveland Cavaliers - I think they fall just short of winning the division, but Lebron is ready to put this team on the next level.

NBA Champion - Phoenix Suns - People say they don't play defense, but I think they are a better defensive team than many give them credit. Are they the Heat, Spurs, or Pistons on defense? No, but they are better than what they were 3 years ago.

MVP Lebron James - For the reasons I stated why I think the Cavs go to the NBA Finals.

Rookie of the Year - Rudy Gay

Pacers win the Championship.

The addition of Al Harrington and the quick point guards give the Pacers the pieces needed to win.

Quicker and more athletic than last year, the distraction of Artest is gone, and a healthy J.O. = TITLE!

Timberwolves :banana:

Will Suck Again. :banana:

Northwest Champion - Minnesota T'Wolves(48-34)- Bad division up for grabs, i think James and KG will have good chemistry, and will perform well.

Southwest Champion - Dallas Mavericks(59-23)- Mavs are scary this year, even deeper and more talented than last year.

Pacific Champion - Phoenix Sun(64-18)- Amare will be #2 in MVP voting, with Nash probably #3, this team is just incredible on paper.

Atlantic Champion - New Jersey Nets(44-38)- They will win the worst division in b-ball, i think they will be injury plagued all year long though, when healthy, are very dangerous.

Central Champion - Detroit Pistons(56-26)- Even without Ben, they still have the best starting lineup in the league, defense will not be as good, but, the offense should be improved.

Southeast Champion - Miami Heat(54-28)- Shaq and Wade are crazy awesome, but, Shaq will continue his decline, but, Wade will continue his incline. They will put it on cruise control, and the Pistons will barely pass them for the #1 seed.

Western Conference Champion - Phoenix Suns - I think Amare will be an absolute beast this year, and, they are deep and hungry. They will be unstoppable all season long

Eastern Conference Champion - Detroit Pistons- They will regain the edge they lost last year, and they get their hunger back.

NBA Champion - Detroit Pistons- Similar to 04, come into the finals as bigtime underdogs. Once again prove you should never doubt the Pistons, they beat Phoenix in 5, continue their legacy.

MVP Lebron James - Will elevate himself this year above the rest, one or two years away from a championship though, IMO.

Rookie of the Year - Adam Morrison

:clap: :wall:

Just to save a post from Tarheel --------------------------> :headbanger:

really looking forward to this debacle

76ers

38-44

- Iverson traded in mid-season

- Iggy fails to meet over-hyped expectations

- Dalembert continues to be lazy

- Billy King Fired

- Webber Off the Books for 07

NBA Champs - Spurs

There's a chance that the Isaah Thomas will be stabbed to death by one of his players.

There's a chance that the Isaah Thomas will be stabbed to death by one of his players.

did the knicks sign spree? :(

:clap:

Still sucks that I'm not talking about the defending champion Mavs. Oh well, here are my predictions.

Northwest Champion - Denver Nuggets: While this is a horrible division, I think Carmelo will continue to improve and lead this team.

Southwest Champion - Dallas Mavericks: Everyone of significance back, plus some nice offseason additions means the Mavs finally take over the Spurs in the division.

Pacific Champion - Phoenix Suns: The best division in the league that should get 4 teams in the playoffs. This team is deep and if Amare is healthy they are the team to beat.

Atlantic Champion - New Jersey Nets: This division isn't much better than the Northwest, but the Nets are clearly the best team.

Central Champion - Detroit Pistons: I had a hard time deciding between the Pistons and Cavaliers. Then I remembered Flip Sanders does well in regular season games.

Southeast Champion - Miami Heat: They are the team to beat in the division and with Wade they'll be damn good.

Western Conference Champion - Phoenix Suns - I'm banking on Amare being healthy the entire year and if he is he'll be a beast.

Eastern Conference Champion - Cleveland Cavaliers - I think they fall just short of winning the division, but Lebron is ready to put this team on the next level.

NBA Champion - Phoenix Suns - People say they don't play defense, but I think they are a better defensive team than many give them credit. Are they the Heat, Spurs, or Pistons on defense? No, but they are better than what they were 3 years ago.

MVP Lebron James - For the reasons I stated why I think the Cavs go to the NBA Finals.

Rookie of the Year - Rudy Gay

As a homer I hope you are right about the Suns but I doubt it. Amare does not look himself and I don't know if he will ever be. What he does give them though, even in the current state, is a better 1/2 court game and rebounding. What I really hope is that the Suns acknowledge this and work on the 1/2 court sets with him over the season, in prep for the playoffs. May lose a few games they would have won, but they'll be better prepared for the playoffs.

As a homer I hope you are right about the Suns but I doubt it. Amare does not look himself and I don't know if he will ever be. What he does give them though, even in the current state, is a better 1/2 court game and rebounding. What I really hope is that the Suns acknowledge this and work on the 1/2 court sets with him over the season, in prep for the playoffs. May lose a few games they would have won, but they'll be better prepared for the playoffs.

He hasn't looked the same, but I think he's just being cautious. Once he gets in some heavy minutes he'll build more confidence. If he does go down again then the Suns will be in some trouble.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that the Celtics will suck. :clap:

The Lakers will start a little slow (injuries to Kobe, Kwame and Mihm) but should get rolling late in the season and I think they at least win one round in the playoffs, which obviously is an improvement over last season.

Amare will never be the player he was before the injury.

You are vastly overrating the Pistons. They will be no better than third in their division.

With the acquisitions of Battier and Bonzi and a healthy Yao and Tmac, the Rockets are going to contend.

The Jazz are going to be this year's surprise team. They win that division.

The Knicks will win 40 games.

Golden State will be the highest scoring team in the league.

New Jersey

Indiana

Miami

Minnesota

Phoenix

Dallas

ECF Miami vs Indiana

WCF Dallas vs Phoenix

Finals Indiana vs Dallas

Champion Dallas

Note: Detroit will come in third in the Central with 52 wins

New Jersey

Indiana

Miami

Minnesota

Phoenix

Dallas

ECF Miami vs Indiana

WCF Dallas vs Phoenix

Finals Indiana vs Dallas

Champion Dallas

Note: Detroit will come in third in the Central with 52 wins

WOW. You really think that highly of the Pacers and the Wolves?

I am a Pacer fan... and I LOVE Garnett... but even I think this is a tad bit unrealistic. :clap:

East Conference Final: Detroit Pistons over Chicago Bulls

West Conference Final: Dallas Mavericks over Phoenix Suns

Finals: Dallas Mavericks over Detroit Pistons

MVP: Steve Nash (because the press wants it that way)

Rookie of the Year: James Augustine (homer)

- I will never get sick of the 'The LeBrons' commercials

- I will probably not watch more than 3 regular season games on TV

- There will be major whining all year about the new ball

that's all I got

WOW. You really think that highly of the Pacers and the Wolves?

I am a Pacer fan... and I LOVE Garnett... but even I think this is a tad bit unrealistic. :clap:

I think The central will have 3 50+ win teams and close to 4. I also think the Pacers were devastated by injuries and a case of having too many crazy players.

Detroit is on the decline. Rip still isn't hitting his shots, Chauncy is in a contract year and Sheed is another year older. I will say watch out for Amir Johnson

The NW sucks Denver won that division with 44 wins so if you ask me it's wide open. Yeah the wolves don't have much but they have the best player in that division so they have a shot.

The Vegas over/under on the Knicks wins is 31. I would take the WAY UNDER! :banana:

I am going to go out on a limb and say that the Celtics will suck. ;)

:banana: sad but true

Mutombo is going to go apesnot on someone ;)

I predict yet another crass display of selfish play, travelling, and thuggery.

Boy, you sure put yourself out there with those bold ones... ;)

But Rondo will be awesome, and assuming he gets minutes, could be a potential ROY candidate.

Rondo is a great defender, but his offensive game just sucks. I would be shocked if he was even close to a ROY candidate. I don't see him averaging more than 6 or 7 PPG and that won't cut it. I've never been that big of a Rondo fan.

Rockets 44 & 38. Make it to the championship vs the Pacers. 4-2 in finals. Boom Rockets are the champions.

Write it down now.

But Rondo will be awesome, and assuming he gets minutes, could be a potential ROY candidate.

Unless Rondo suddenly displays an ability and willingness to pass that has been lacking in his game to this point, he'll be out of the league in 3 years. He has no offensive ability, doesn't see the court well, and will be overpowered by some of the bigger guards. He's a stiff.

Uber-stiff Kwame Brown will fade from view as Andrew Bynum takes away his minutes in LA. Bryant's injury and slow start will actually benefit this team, giving Odom and Bynum a chance to establish themselves and find a rhythm.

Houston will surprise, as the addition of Battier and Wells will give them the stability, defensive presence, and bench scoring they've lacked. When healthy, McGrady is still one of the league's 10 best. Yao will further establish himself as the top post player in the league.

Miami will win 5-10 fewer games than last season, forcing them to play tougher early round opponents and bringing about an early playoff exit. Shaq, Walker, Mourning, Peyton, etc are all a year older, and Wade enters the season already complaining of being tired. A bad sign.

Brandon Roy will be ROY. His combination of size, speed, strength, and the ability to play both ends of the floor, make him Wade Lite.

The Clippers will be improved over last season. Dunleavy reportedly hates him, but Corey Maggette is the most feared offensive player on that team aside from Brand. If he stays healthy ( always a big if), he'll make a huge contribution as a second scorer.

LeBron and the Cavs will fall off slightly. The schedule of the last 18 months will wear on James a bit, and they're going only as far as he takes them. A healthy Larry Hughes (again, a big if) would help.

Washington will win more games and make lots of highlight reels, and be absolutely no threat to do anything of note in the playoffs. Arenas is a selfish player who will take more bad shots than anyone else. He'll get unearned credit for his defense because they'll be among the league leaders in steals. In actuality, they generate turnovers off risky traps, and are a crappy defensive team.

Philadelphia will be terrible. They continue to draft open floor athletes to a team whose PG is getting older and can't run consistently anymore. Iguodala is nothing special; he'll never be appreciably better tyhan he was last year. Dalembert is a joke, with as little skill as any player in the league. They fell in love with his jumping ability; hope they still find it fascinating, as it's all he's got. The NBA is too late to start trying to learn the game. Finally, there is no more meaningless stat in sports than Chris Weber's double/double.

Milwaukee is a team to watch. Bogut's early injury will slow them, but the addition of Villenueva was a great move. Williams is a more than adequate replacement for the perpetualy overrated TJ Ford. Redd is a great offensive player, they've got decent depth. Could surprise lots of people.

The Knicks will win a few more games than last year, but be just as bad a team. They quit on Brown last year and, while Larry forgot more about coaching this morning than Thomas will ever know, they'll enjoy the new found freedom. At least for a while. Then the losses will start to mount and it will be every bit as ugly as last season.

Chicago will be a trendy pick, but they still don't have the scorers necessary to win big in the post season. Hinrich has turned into a nice guard, and Gordon is a scary scorer at times. But there's going to be too many times they have to rely on points from guys like Nocioni and PJ Brown, and that won't cut it long term. The rookie Thomas is a crazy athlete, but nothing special as a basketball player. He'll be Darius Miles with a better attitude (how could it be worse?) in a couple years.

Nobody will want to play the Hornets. Peja was a great addition for that team. Sure, they may have overpaid, but it's pro sports. Everyone is overpaid. Chris Paul is already among the top 3 PG in the league, David West quietly has become a rock solid frontcourt stud, and they play well together.

Amare will never be the player he was before the injury.

You are vastly overrating the Pistons. They will be no better than third in their division.

With the acquisitions of Battier and Bonzi and a healthy Yao and Tmac, the Rockets are going to contend.

The Jazz are going to be this year's surprise team. They win that division.

The Knicks will win 40 games.

Golden State will be the highest scoring team in the league.

:huh:

Well, Detroit, Phoenix and the Mavs are leading their divisions and barring major collapses the Mavs and Suns should win their respective divisions. Detroit and Cleveland will battle it out until the end of the year. I don't see New Jersey catching Toronto, especially if Kidd is traded. With Shaq back it's not a stretch to say they won't win their division.

Denver has no chance of catching Utah and the Pacific division is two deep. They will probably get a third team in.

As far as MVP, I think right now it's a two person race with Nash and Dirk.

:thumbsup:

1 out of 6 ain't bad revell.

We also know that without Nash, the Suns are as bad as the Knicks.

While most of my picks were horrible, I did at least get this one right. :sleep: